I wanna be like you

Jazper; BD Apr 20

POSTED: Thu May 26, 2016 1:58 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
Optime | Backdated: April 20th | CdC’s Temporary Camp (Mine of Oaths) [ 601 ]

Note for me, related to this thread.
Sorry for the wait! Dx Let me know if some of the assumptions are a no-go!

Her father’s grandfather, her great grandfather, had arrived with the recent influx of Midnight Shores members. He was a legend, or so she had heard. He had once been in the pack’s Sole before he had left to live out the rest of his days with the far-away, island-dwelling group of Luperci. Her initial introduction to him had been brief and fleeting—just a typical family reunion, which apparently meant, a good portion of the pack it seemed—and, so, Teagan sought to remedy that today.

It just wasn’t Teagan’s thing to be the social butterfly out of the two sisters, and it was why she had waited so long to actually confront him. That, and, Indi had been sticking close to Teagan since the fall of the star, and the sister didn’t want to leave the koi-colored sibling’s side. The only reason Teagan had been without her today had been because one of their parents had taken over comforting Indi. It worried Teagan that her sister didn’t feel up to be social for once, but, she didn’t press the matter. Indi could meet their relative another day when she was feeling better.

She shuffled throughout the campsite, protectively holding the short sword she had managed to scavenge a few days prior. The flooding had likely carried it from its original resting place—where ever that was—and the young girl had found it during one of her sweeps through the forests nearby the Fort. She had hidden it for a while, telling only Indi of her glorious find. It had been Teagan’s first real, dangerous weapon to handle without adult supervision to monitor her time with it. To have it, for however short a time it would be, made the Lotta feel like an adult, and, best of all, like one of the knights in her stories.

The sword was just an added bonus to the meeting with her great grandfather though. If she was lucky, maybe he’d show her a thing or two, or, maybe, it’d loosen his tongue if he saw that his great granddaughter wanted to be a warrior too. She was eager to hear a story from him, to hear a real story of a knight. One of her hands still had the bandages on it from her mishap a few days prior. It had been a rookie mistake, and not one she would make again any time soon. She just hoped the sight of the injury wouldn’t make her great grandfather think any less of her.

Teagan tried to be as inconspicuous as possible as she moved around the busy, mingling bodies of the temporary campsite. She didn’t want an adult to see her with a weapon and question her about it. It would have ruined her plans! Her canary eyes swept about the area before she finally found the behemoth of a beast that was her blood kin. She let her lips curl into a small, shy smile as she hailed for his attention, “Grandfather!”

Her feet carried her swiftly towards his figure where she gave a quick, shallow bow in respect to him. “How are you today?” Her tail wagged softly in a friendly manner behind her. The short sword was held awkwardly in front of her in her hands, the girl not used to holding such a weapon or having a sheath to put it in. She was smart enough to have the blade turned downward at least, and her feet nowhere near the dangerous point.

Template: Hilli / Andi || Image: thrumyeye
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 am

Standing by the mine Jazper looked out at the pack he had founded with soft eyes. Fenris, how he had missed Casa. The scent, the sounds, the sights, it was all home to the elder Knight. Unfortunately, he knew his time in the pack was very limited this time, as he would soon return to Midnight Shores with the rest of his new pack mates and his mate. Despite the fact that Jazper felt incredibly connected to the Cavalier name and the lands, he was no longer Sole. He was simply a retired warrior living out his days on the beached of the Shores.

Regardless, when in Casa it was only polite to act like a Cavalier. So he took his medicine, dressed in his beige pants and pulled his blue button up shirt over his massive shoulders before swinging his claymore onto his back. The simple fact of the matter was that the patriarch was not incredibly helpful at helping the Knights fix their home. He had spent much of the day before wandering around the campsite offering his ear and shoulder to anyone in need but he had no healing hands and he could not hunt so for now all he could do was offer conversation, hardly a skill.

With a sigh the Knight stepped away from the mine entrance, deciding to see if Alistair had any idea’s about how he could aid his beloved Cavaliers. The Knight patriarch did not get far however when a voice called out to him. Meaning flooded through Jazper as he turned to see his great granddaughter approaching him. “Teagan!” He greeted with a wide smile, his good golden eye looking down to meet hers.

His grandson’s mate had given birth to two daughters the summer after he had left Casa, so Jazper had not had the opportunity to properly meet the great granddaughters he had heard about until now – and now they were well on their way to adulthood. It amazed him how Luca had changed, and looking at Teagan now it amazed him even more that this beautiful girl had come from him. It was obvious Teagan took after her father more than her sister, Indi, but Jazper had known Neela quite well and could see their grandmother all over little Indi. “I’m good, I’m good.” He spoke, a little at a loss for words given the fact the entire pack had taken refuge on top of a mountain. “We will all be better when we can get you safe back in the Fort.” Pausing for a moment he added, “How about yourself?”

OOC: 400+ words

Melissa
Luperci Serve and Protect
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:25 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 419 ]

It amazed her how tall her great-grandfather was. She knew her family to be on the larger side, but, Jazper was massive! Even knowing that he was larger than normal though, standing so close to him now, the difference in their height made the young princess feel as if she were more of a child than the preteen that she was. If she had not known him as her relative, Teagan might have felt more intimidated by his large stature than in awe of it.

He returned her greeting, and even halted his step so that he gave her his full attention. It made her happy that it didn’t appear that she had come at a bad time or was bothering him from taking care of whatever business he might have had. Being an ex-leader of the pack and the patriarch of the Knight family, Teagan had been fearful that her great-grandfather might not have time to spend with her. Fortunately, Jazper did not seem hurried to leave her presence, which allowed a little bit of the nervousness to leave the girl. She nodded to his statement, turning her cranium towards the direction she knew the Fort laid. “Yeah, I wonder how much of the Fort will have changed since the flood waters took it.” She hoped the damage wasn’t too bad.

Turning her attention back to Jazper, she offered him a small, shy smile. “And I’m doing as well as I can out here.” It’d be a lie to say everything was fine. Indi was not herself still. Their home was under water. Marahute was missing. Her hand still stung a little if she put too much pressure on it. It was nothing she wanted her relative to worry about though. For, they were not something he could fix anyway. Teagan made a dismissing shrug, her canary gaze coming down to look at the sword she had brought with her.

She felt her nervousness return, but she swallowed it down, her fingers playing absently against the sword’s handle. “I’ve heard a lot of stories and rumors about you, Grandfather,” she began, cutting right to the chase, “So…I was wondering…if you could maybe…” Teagan stole a peak up at the tall Knight, her canary gaze specifically coming up to linger on his scarred, tattooed eye. “If you wouldn’t mind telling me some?” She wanted to hear about all his adventures, his fights, his battles and daring deeds.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:13 am

Looking at his great-granddaughter it seemed as though he was looking into a reflection of his own golden eyes. Had Jazper run into Teagan or Indi on any given day he would never have guessed they were descendants of his. While Jazper looked like a pure wolf and in his youth had fur black as the night, the girls were brightly colored and clearly showed their dog heritage passed on through Neela’s blood. Despite their doggish appearance he had heard stories from Luca about how they were becoming their own individuals. Teagan seemed to have the same serious attitude Tony had while Indi’s bubbly personality seemed to directly reflect Sophia’s young adulthood.

At the request Jazper could not help but to smile in flattery. Perhaps he was too prideful of his past but Fenris did the patriarch enjoy talking about himself and he would not give up an opportunity to do so. “A bunch of gossipers the Cavaliers.” He teased, his good eye searching for a place to sit. Lowering himself onto a near by rock he motioned for Teagan to join him. “Now then.” He began, “What sort of rumors and stories have you been told about? Maybe I can clear some thing up for you.” Shuffling on the rock the elder tried to get comfortable and failed. “Only good things I hope. Else I’ll have to scold your father and Alistair.” As he spoke his golden eye shone with happiness. Never did he think in a million years he would be so blessed by a large family.

OOC: You can have a look through Jaz's wiki and pick an event. Some suggestions: Jazper being born a non-luperci, the old lands fire, Aniwayan war, Casa founding, the last flood etc. XD400+ words

Melissa
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:45 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 360 ]

Like a typical child, Teagan got eager and threw a slew of suggestions out xD

At his tease, Teagan’s lips twitched in the faintest of humor. She herself tried to be uninvolved with hearsay—she wasn’t much for spreading rumors—but, when it came to things like her great grandfather, about stories of bravery, courage, and fighting, the young princess couldn’t help but to turn an ear. She enjoyed stories like those, as they played to the self-image she hoped to achieve one day. Even though she was arguably too old for fairy tale stories anymore, the Lotta couldn’t help but to enjoy the thrill and daydreams that spurned from such stories.

Jazper invited her to sit with him, and the girl wasted little time to do so. She was so excited that the sword failed to leave her hands as she settled down beside her relative’s large figure. The blade’s pointed tip bit into the soft dirt, her inexperience with carrying it around evident in that it was perched uselessly before her. Her canary gaze turned up to her great grandfather, her once shy expression morphing into one of more confidence when it became clear that Jazper would entertain her inquisitive mind.

A small, soft laugh rumbled from her lips as Jazper inquired what she wanted to hear, making humorous side comments in the process of doing so. She shook her head, her eyes expressing mirth as she reassured him, “No, Daddy and Mister Alistair haven’t said anything bad about you, Grandfather.” She paused for a moment, considering him and which story she wanted him to elaborate on. Her sharp gaze looked his scarred body over, mentally trying to discern a list of what she wanted to hear.

“Is it true that you couldn’t always shift?” She started, thinking of Indi and her initial struggles with switching between forms. “And that you survived a forest fire?” Her gaze suddenly swept to the sword in her grasp as the suggestions increased in momentum, “Oh! And did you fight pirates?!” She sprang to her feet and attacked an unseen foe with the sword, her cranium turning back to her great grandfather for confirmation of any of it.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:18 pm

With his good eye facing his great-grandchild he waited for her to join him sitting on the large rock. Eagerly she sat, excitement clear on her face. Although Teagan was by no means a puppy she still had the pup like wonder that enthralled Jazper. The ex-Sole had always been a fan of the young, finding their joy and curiosity infectious. His own children were the catalyst that led him to be a pup sitter as well as leader, and although he no longer held any official titles of care giver as an elder and patriarch he took pride in his duties to educate the young before it was too late for him.

Jazper could see the wheels in her head turn as she debated what exactly she wanted to ask him. Instead of coming to one conclusion she became excited and brought up a few very different questions. With a chuckle Jazper spoke, “Well those are very good choices.” He chuckled, thinking back to his puphood. “It’s true, I was born a non-shifter.” It often came as a surprise to the few that found out that information that the founder of such a humanized pack had not be born into the humanized way. “In fact I wasn’t even born on this side of the ocean. I lost my parents when I was very young after we moved to Canada and I found my way to a pack called Jaded Shadows. That’s about when the fire hit. If you head up north one day you’ll still see that past the mountains the area is still recovering in some spots.”

With a smile he continued to answer her questions. “The pirates were not so long ago.“ He spoke with a smile. Not so long ago to him but far more than a lifetime for her. “Sylvie was one of those pirates I’ll have you know. Unfortunately those that she kept company with were not so nice to her or anyone else for that matter and it didn’t end very prettily.” All of his answers were broad but if Teagan wanted to know more about something in particular he was certain she would ask.

OOC: 300+ words

Melissa
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:05 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 455 ]

She listened quietly as her great grandfather spoke and enlightened her about himself. His beginnings were a far cry from the old patriarch that he was today. Born without the ability to shift, living overseas? She hadn’t known her relatives came from across the ocean. She held her tongue from questioning him about it just yet, eager to hear what else he had to say. The mention of losing his parents made her lips press together firmly. She couldn’t imagine losing her mother and father, and knew such a thing would likely ruin Indi. The way her relative spoke of the incident though, how quickly and easily he was able to glide over such horrible information, only increased the respect she had for him. He was tough and brave, just like her parents.

He went on to mention a pack before confirming the fire, hinting that the land still bore the scar left by the flames. Her brows rose with interest. Was the fire really that big and bad? She made a mental note to converse with Indi about the matter. Perhaps, when they were old enough to leave the safety of the pack’s boundaries, they could go see it together. The mountain chain she knew to be north of Casa di Cavalieri was not easy trek away, and, crossing them would be another matter. It’d have to be a trip the siblings planned out thoroughly.

To her surprise, it appeared the pirate incident was not so far into the past as she had thought. The mention of her teacher caused Teagan’s sword to fall. She looked to her great grandfather with a curious but confused expression. If Sylvie had been a pirate…Jazper didn’t leave her to wonder, inadvertently explaining how it was the coyote came to be with the pack. Teagan’s lips formed an “O” as she put two-and-two together. It explained a lot of things, particularly, the woman’s scars. “I didn’t know Sylvie was a pirate,” she commented quietly as she moved to sit back down next to the older Knight once more. She began to idly draw circles with the tip of her sword. The idea still entertaining her mind, Teagan let out a breath of amusement, “I suppose that explains why she’s so good with a boat.”

There was a pause as Teagan tried to figure out what she wanted to know next. Deciding to backtrack a little, she peaked up at Jazper as she drew in the dirt. “Do you remember what it was like over there? Across the ocean?” Her canary gaze shifted to his scarred and tattooed eye. “Did you get those over there too?”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 pm

When Jazper had moved to Jaded Shadows it had been due to the death of his parents, his last living family in Canada. At Teagan’s age he had believed he would never have a family like everyone else, that he was alone. At the very least he believed that he had been adopted into a family and that was as close to blood as he would get. Now, eight years later, he sat along side his great granddaughter, proof of his linage being passed on. She was not the only one at that, in fact Jazper now had seven great grandchildren, and he doubted it would be too long until one of Callum’s boys had a child, allowing him to see the day he would become great great grandfather. What a day that would be.

Fenris how he loved watching young minds race as they took in his stories. These stories, he hoped, would be passed on from him, to her, and to her children and grandchildren. It seemed Teagan took a keener interest in pirates than the other stories. Feeling the need to give more context he added quickly, “Well, she wasn’t so much a pirate as a ship mother, caring for the pirates health and keeping them fed.” He highly doubted Sylvie had taken part in any actual rough housing and pillaging with the rest of the crew. He was pleased that she made the connection to piracy to her skills rather than her scars.

The question of his birthplace was met with a shake of the head. He hardly remembered anything of Scotland beside the name and the accent, which still held its ground in his own voice. “No, no. I was much too young when we came over from Scotland. I hardly remember living as a pup north of the mountains.” He chuckled lightly. The second part of the question would need more delicacy. “No, Teagan. I got the sun tattoo when I was about your age, to remind me to always look through Fenris’ eyes. The scar I’m afraid came from one of the pirates.” He left it at that, hoping she would not dig any further.

OOC: 300+ words

Melissa
Knight in Black
Soulja Boy

POSTED: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:42 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 385 ]

Sorry for the late reply Dx We can either continue or wrap this up if you want? :O

She lifted her chin in an “ah” like fashion when her great grandfather expanded upon his previous statement about the pirates and the Lotta’s mentor, Sylvie. Inwardly, the girl tried to picture her aged, coyote teacher on a ship full of pirates, mothering them like a hen to her chicks. It was a comical thought, to think of the small woman as someone who would tend to the care of these rough-and-tough individuals who made a life out of surviving the wrath of the sea. “I could see her doing that,” Teagan mused before her lips formed a small frown with thought, “It’s a shame they didn’t treat her any better despite her helping them…”

It was sad to think about, to think of trying to help someone, only to have them bare their teeth and hurt you constantly. “I’m glad she got away from them. She deserves to be treated better.” It was a resolute thought that made her nod her head firmly, as if she had committed to some deed she would later perform for her mentor.

When Jazper went on to correct her, Teagan’s shoulders sagged somewhat in her disappointment. She’d been eager to hear about the world across the ocean, but, it appeared her only link to it had been too young to remember it all. Oh well, she decided with a small shrug, acting as if she was releasing an itch in her muscles. There wasn’t much she could fault him for or bother him about if he didn’t remember. She accepted it, and the conversation had moved on.

Her mismatched ears pricked as he elaborated about his tattoo. “What?! Really?!” She was shocked to learn that he’d been so young when he’d gotten the skin alteration, and at the mention of the pirates, Teagan’s interest only peaked. “How, Grandfather?” She asked, a bit too eager to hear the story behind it. “Did it blind you immediately, or was it slow?” Blunt, and to the point. The clouded eye didn’t sport any horrible marking upon it other than it being fogged over. “Did you win against the pirate?” He had to have won, otherwise, he wouldn’t have been there, but, how had he done it?

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics