The choice is yours

Grynn

POSTED: Thu May 26, 2016 4:16 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
Optime | Backdated: May 22 [ 427 ]

Note for me: training thread

The whole family had been affected with Indi’s attack. Her father was worried, her mother was angry, and Indi was… Teagan felt her anger boil in her at the thought. Indi was distraught as ever. Her joyous nature was gone once more—and after they had tried so hard to get it back after the fall of the star! And she lacked more self-confident than a skittish sheep! Oh, if Teagan could have gotten her hands on that loner than attacked her! She had to find a different outlet for her anger though. She need to contain it, mold it, and repurpose that energy for something that wasn’t destructive.

Indi had gone off to do some self-searching, denying the need for Teagan’s presence. The Stryder hadn’t felt right leaving her sister alone, but, she also knew refusing Indi’s desire might have done more harm than good. Still, it hadn’t stopped Teagan from stalking after her sister at a distance to make sure she wasn’t headed for trouble. When Indi had made her way into the courthouse though, the cream-colored sister had called off her pursuit. However, watching her sister go inside had spurred an idea, a way to repurpose that protective rage.

It was why Teagan had gone to the blacksmith shop alone. The Lotta knew her Aunt Grynn made and maintained a good majority of the weaponry that the pack owned. It’d only make sense that she knew how to generally wield the weapons she made too. It was a logic that got the young princess thinking.

Teagan knew her heart was set on swords and dabbled in archery, but, Indi though? What could she specialize in? Her figure and build were slighter than Teagan’s own… Of course, Indi would likely choose her own choice of weaponry, but, if Teagan could help her in some way, the sister would. If nothing else, it’d give the Stryder knowledge of how to properly combat a weapon different than her own. As well, she’d have a little experience with the item should she be without her weapon of choice. All in all, the visit—she hoped—would make her not only more aware of a weapon’s usage, but, also, allow her to help Indi more.

Teagan came to a stop as she reached the blacksmith shop’s door. She rapped at the frame with the back of a knuckle and called inside, “Auntie Grynn?” She hoped the relative wasn’t busy. “Are you free?

Template: Hilli / Andi || Image: dani.Co

EDIT: Added note for me
Last edited by Teagan Stryder on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:52 pm

Grynn had spent most of her time repairing things in her shop that she needed. With almost everything cleaned up she was ready to start making weapons and armor plates. She had a few half done pieces that now lined the counter as she had spent time making sure that they did not have to be reforged. She would need to start the sharpening process on them and get them to the armory but for now she would leave them and work on her daughters sword.

As she picked up the large blade she smiled it needed one last sharpening and she would be able to use it. She tilted the sword looking at the blade for any nicks or chips that happened when it fell from the wall. The sound of Teagan caught her as she looked from the sword. "Tea, honey come in." She called as she ran a hand down the broad side of the weapon. It seemed fine this pleased her she had put much effort into restoring the heirloom that Uryu had brought.

She watched the young girl enter smiling. "Honey you know you can just come in when ever for you my door is open." She spoke as she placed the blade down. Taking a rag she wiped her hands. "What can I do for you?"
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Scout, Blacksmith The Brotherhood: Master of Stealth

POSTED: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:13 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 393 ]
Sorry for the sucky reply ;O;

The Lotta’s eyes brightened with interest as they found her aunt standing before a counter littered with weaponry of all types. She knew Grynn to be a blacksmith, and it well within her duty to maintain the pack’s weapons and defenses, but, her work was still cause for curiosity for the teenager. It was hard to believe sometimes that her aunt was the Luperci that dealt with, repaired, and forged a lot of the pack’s tools and weaponry. In fact, at that given moment of her arrival, the Garcia-Knight had been studying a sword, likely inspecting it for defects.

Grynn beckoned Teagan inside the shop without any hesitation, and the girl did so quickly. Her canary eyes shifted to the sword in her aunt’s grasp as the older Cavalier ran her hand down the blade’s flat surface. The action was done with confidence, without worry of being bitten by the steel’s likely razor-sharp edge. It was the mark of someone experienced with handling the weapon, and it had been the reason why Teagan had ventured to the shop that day.

When the red-haired woman offered her a smile and a few words, Teagan returned it and nodded. In the back of her mind, she knew she’d likely continue to knock out of politeness, but, it was comforting to know that Grynn was as welcoming as she was to her niece’s presence. After a beat, Grynn continued with an inquiry.

To this, Teagan carefully strode forward, her canary gaze moving down to rove over the various pieces of weaponry strewn about the countertop. Her hands came up to rest on the counter’s edge, not daring to move any further from her person in fear that touching anything might destroy it. “I was wondering if you could perhaps—” She tore her gaze away from the items before her in favor of giving her attention to their maintainer. “—tell me a little about all the weapons and stuff you make?” Teagan nodded to the forge with her snout. “Since you repair and make a lot of them, I figured you’d know a thing or two about how they work and what they’re best used for?”

She looked away as if she had suddenly lost her nerve, “If you had time, that is…”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 am

Grynn had always been one of the odder Knight children. She was cleaner and more aloof in a sense. She had worked hard to build her life and her place within the borders of her home. Her becoming the blacksmith was not something she had ever initially thought of. Even now she wondered how she ended up doing one of the dirtiest jobs.

Her young niece walked in and she could only smile. With all they had been through the two girls still seemed to persevere. Indi had been a bit shaken but the pack watched and they knew in the end the young girl would be alright. After all her parents were two of the best Casa had to offer. The tan girl spoke and Grynn nodded a bit.

Grynn eased the sword down and thought to herself. Never had she thought of really helping to teach the youth about the weapons she made. After all she didn't even think herself very good at this. Yes she had come far from the days of accidental paw burning. Though this still happened it was just a thing.

"come over here child" she spoke as she moved to the wall. "I take it you are looking for your very own weapon? Or perhaps you are just ready to see what else there is? she questioned looking at the few things that lined the wall. "What interests you the most we should start there." she spoke.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:24 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 352 ]

Teagan moved forward when she was beckoned, following her aunt as she led them over to a wall that strongly reminded her of the armory. Weapons of various types were either hung or were propped up against it. It amazed the teen that her relative knew how to mold and repair every one of them. There were so many! Her canary eyes shifted to look up at Grynn when the older woman asked questions of her. The Lotta nodded to both, as neither was more correct than the other.

“I know what my heart is set after,” she revealed with a confident smile before her eyes moved to the group of swords of varying lengths. “The sword fighting from the books I read as a child has always interested me, however…” He attention waned, shifting to look at the various other pieces on the wall. “I know my opponent won’t always have a sword. They might have a dagger, or a mace, or a something else. So,” Teagan let her eyes move to Grynn again, “I figured it might be best if I at least knew a little about the strengths and weaknesses of the other side.” A nonchalant shrug. “As well as if I get caught without a sword to fight back with.”

She waited a beat, her sharp gaze roving over the wall once more as she tried to figure out where to start. “If I were…if I was the same height as I am now, but with a lighter, leaner body type, which would be my best choice?” Teagan started, trying to leave out as much information about Indi as possible. She wanted to help her, but, she wanted it to be done covertly. If the koi-colored sister knew what Teagan was doing, she’d likely be upset, either because the Stryder had gone behind her back or because of the implication that Teagan might have thought she was weak. Needless to say, Teagan didn’t want there to be any way her venture to their aunt’s shop had been partially for Indi’s sake.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:33 pm

Grynn was always happy to help work with the youth of Casa. She was more so happy that she was sought out when it came to weapons. The redhead never thought that weapons would be her thing, to dirty. Now doing it though it pleased her and made her feel productive. Grynn looked at the wall eyeing the swords but her attention on what Teagan was saying.

"Well dear swords are a good choice its a very well balanced weapon. Knights used them to save princesses from dragons long ago." She spoke that last part a bit of a tease her niece to old now for fairy tales. Golden eyes glanced over at her before she looked back to the wall. "Maces and War Hammers like what I use can be slow. They are not balanced their heads much heavier than the rest of them. For someone with much strength its the way to go. Your father uses Axes they two can be slow and unbalanced in the right hands lethal." She stated.

"First and foremost Don't go thinking you need to be leaner." Grynn spoke her tone motherly. "If your looking for training without weapons I suggest your mother, Callum, or Veyra for training." She stated.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 429 ]

Feel free to make up answers xD

She happily listened as her aunt elaborated on Teagan’s thoughts on her weapon of choice. The Lotta could hear the tease in Grynn’s tone, and, to it, the teen smirked humorously as she went along with it. “That’s why I like them. You never know when a princess will need saving.” It was a statement made with confidence, for, Teagan had decided a long time ago that she would not be a damsel, not in this story. She was her own hero, her own knight in shining armor. At least, she would be, with time and a lot of practice.

Grynn moved on to touch on what Teagan could have considered a “heavy” hitting weapon; maces and war hammers. Teagan imagined that the weapons worked off of momentum, or, at the very least, made use of the heavier side in some way to help increase the power in which the item was wielded. Though slow, like Grynn pointed out, with the right Luperci behind them, such a notable downfall might be overlooked. “You must be really strong,” Teagan commented. It wasn’t a tool she could see a lot of female Luperci using around the Fort. Even her mother, strong as she was, didn’t have the build for something that required so much raw power to use.

The topic moved onto her father and his axes, and a question bubbled from the child, “How can he wield two at the same time without cutting himself?” Were all Knights just innately skilled with the art of battle? After a pause, she tacked on a second question, “And what difference does it make to have a blunt end like your hammers or a bladed end like my father’s axes?” She knew the obvious reason, because the blade cut and the blunt head of the others did not, but, she wanted to know why one would forgo an obviously killing edge in preference for a blunt, weighted hammer-head.

Teagan chuckled softly as her aunt chided her. “Don’t worry, Auntie,” she reassured, “I don’t fancy the thought of being a skeleton. I was just wondering…in case uhh…you know, in case I was to have someone lighter fighting against me. I was wondering what possible weapons might they use against me?” She fumbled across her words, having been a bit thrown off by her kin’s motherly advice. Her request was probably an odd one, but, it was the best tale she could come up with without revealing the true reason behind its askance.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Grynn preferred weapons that knocked some sense into who she was fighting rather than just out right killing them. though a good strike would cause them to still parish but that wasn't something the Knight woman cared about. "I'd like to think I am yes, but I've also been working with these weapons for a few years." She spoke as she ran a hand over a mace. "You see Tea, strength just doesn't come from brute strength. It comes from years of dedication, training, and heart."

Golden eyes looked to the girl and smiled. "Your father has sent his time mastering those axes. Much like my hammer they are as much apart of him as his arm is. When you put that much time into it then it becomes one with you." She picked up a smaller sword and held it out as she looked to her niece. "A blade can cut, its purpose to end your enemy quickly with efficacy. I chose a hammer for the opposite reason. Those who need to be punished or questioned do not talk when dead. Breaking bones is sometimes all persuasion you need to get the info you seek." She motioned for Teagan to take the sword. "My work within the pack dictated my choice while I'm sure a knife to someones throat may be enough there are some who do not fear death. I'm a bit scarier when I break bones one at a time." She stated winking.

Grynn Smiled glad that the girl did not want to thin out any. "Smaller opponents tend to use lighter weapons, rapiers, knives, they may even resort to tricky tactics." Grynn warned as she looked at her.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

Dead Topics