I forgot the things I knew

p. Kin

POSTED: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:44 am

(000) For Kin; Bathurst. Backdated to 5/09.

”Stay here and do something with yourself,” Lithia ordered to Totem, who sat with an attentive stare. ”Organize the bookshelf or clean. I don’t know. Find your place within this place, and try not to act overly submissive.”

The white beast stood there, still, with his eyes on her, awaiting further instructions. He had not affirmed anything.

”I’ll be back in about an hour, probably.”

Closing the door behind her, she left Totem to himself in their room. Then she headed out towards the rest of their new territory.

She hadn’t planned to wander too far, however, as there would always be plenty of time for that. Instead, she stuck to the unfamiliar city streets of Bathurst, where she marveled at the hints of a ghost ship and the old architecture of the place. Bathurst was different from Halifax and Barrington in the sense that it looked different. The buildings were different; the structures were different; the style, in and of itself, was different. There were small similarities and big differences, and while the woman hadn’t planned to explore any of the buildings today, she wondered what types of shops and places there were here, and what types Sapient sought to restore if any.

Lithia found herself walking down a narrow street facing the sea. There were sounds of waves that echoed off of the old buildings and a creaky sign that squeaked with each breeze. Pink eyes focused on the sign and it read something along the lines of gift shoppe. Her eyes peered into the dusty windows as she passed right on by.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:20 pm

No matter what, I'll always be here, a light in the sky, a sparkle in your eyes

Bathurst had always been one of her runs, one of the places that seemed to accept her simply for being near. She had met Miwa in one of the shops, saved one of Krokar's members from freezing to death in the very same place and also rescued a group of kittens from one of the other shops nearby. On her wrist, a rubied bracelet that she had found in one of the shops with Miwa still rested. She had meant to bring it to Nivosus but it had been too pretty to simply pass up, especially when she added it to her own stores of treasure.

Dressed in a simple hoody, despite the warmer weather, the earthy toned fae wandered the streets of Amherst, careful not to step on any glass that now found its way to the roads since the mishap of the meteor and earth quake. Much of the street now looked different because of it, glass busted out of windows from the shops and the higher buildings themselves that looked like skyscrapers compared to her height. Her hands were caught in her pockets when she first noticed the other girl wandering through Amherst.

She had not had much time to speak with Lithia since her and her sister joined with the male, Totem. Things had been a bit weird since she had sent Nivosus one of his children to bring him back to her in the bar with Lithia and her group. She wondered how they were faring in this new place, though she imagined fairly well considering they were still here. "Lithia?" she called out, not wanting to startle the girl by simply approaching.

It was much better letting yourself be known through words than barks sometimes. Sometimes, you couldn't tell how someone could bark until you heard it.

ooc normally goes here Wc: 302

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:42 pm

(000) ooc text here.

She could see nothing in the shop, but the large crack and some of the shattered glass blown out from half of its shop window. Strange, and here she heard that all windows were destroyed when the star fell. Apparently this one held up strong. The rest of the store was shrouded in darkness and what had sat in the display window had been knocked to the floor with the natural force.

A voice called out to her, and Lithia turned to find the woman that had helped her get into this place. Kin. The woman had on her usual slouchy shirt and hat – a little more casual since the last time she saw her. She was comfortable in this place, and her posture said as much. Lithia’s posture should have echoed the same, but her surroundings were still unfamiliar to her and probably would be for a long time.

”Kin,” she greeted, ”Long time no see.”

Long time indeed - like a month and some? From her time of arrival, Lithia had been making an effort to make her home more comfortable. It had taken her some time to clean up her room, fix her furniture (and figure out how), and organize her things the way she wanted them. Though, luckily by now, she had everything where she wanted it.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:42 am

No matter what, I'll always be here, a light in the sky, a sparkle in your eyes

Kin liked giving others a chance to get acquainted with their new life. Unfortunately, that often meant leaving them alone on their off time to figure things out as they explored their new home and place within the pack itself. When she had first joined, it had been with the intention of learning everything within the first few weeks. From where people slept to where the best places to hunt were, even though she did very little of that herself.

She did, however, often come out to Bathurst for fresh air since inside the Estate there were nearly too many others to catch a break.

With the loss of the kittens from her life, she no longer had to worry about their well being. Faizel had seemed the perfect choice to handle them, especially with everything she seemed to know in regards to how old they were, how unhealthy they were. She hoped that they would grow up strong, even agile due to the time spent with her. She normally didn't care for such creatures but respect had been garnered and she could see why others often took it upon themselves to own pets, even those they couldn't always understand.

Peering at the girl she came across, Kin couldn't help but smile lightly in her direction, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm sorry it's taken this long to come across one another again. Have you settled into your new home?" she asked cautiously, her steely gaze searching the area for Lithia's usual male companion.

When she didn't find him, her attention turned wholly toward the girl once more and she sauntered closer, letting herself settle in place next to the broken window of the store, pressed against a cement and brick wall that had cracks running through it for the most part.

"It took me a couple of weeks just to make it to this town after I first got here, another month or two for me to get through half of the stores that were here. And till now to completely find my way through without getting lost. What brings you out here? Is Totem around?"

ooc normally goes here Wc: 300+

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

(300+) ooc text here.

Bathurst reminded her of Barrington, and before Barrington, Halifax was her stomping ground. A lot of the towns were the same, save for their choice in style and architecture. Bathurst was as similar as it was different, and with the familiarity came the duty to explore. Yet, Rome wasn’t built in a day, as the human authors liked to quip, and there would plenty of time for exploration later. Perhaps she'd find some valuable wares in this small city...

”I’ve been settling in fine. It took me a while to fix up my room since I must’ve picked one of the worst ones,” she chuckled, but the laughter didn’t reach her eyes. Pink hues found Kin’s face, and her expression softened slightly, ”Don’t apologize. It’s a journey we must all make on our own.”

Lithia watched as Kin looked around them - no doubt either looking for her sister or her slave. Did the woman not think that Lithia ever travelled alone? Did she not believe a slave can be left at home - or rather, a recovering slave? Lithia looked out, too, taking in more of what surrounded them at the moment. Buildings, cracked concrete, weeds, broken glass...

”All towns and cities are the same, no matter where they are or what they look like. They all served the same purpose - to bring everyone together... Cities like Bathurst have always been in my life - from Halifax, to Barrington. I think I just find the familiarity comforting while I’m surrounded by new things.”

To answer her second question, ”He’s back at the Estate.” Though, she couldn’t tell her what he was doing, if he was doing anything at all. Totem was so broken, he probably wouldn’t know what to do if given free will. So far, he had stuck by her side like a bodyguard since, even though he is technically granted freedom in this new place.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics