Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream

Bayani; FD 6/19; Dampwoods

POSTED: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:17 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
Optime | Fore-dated: 19 June; Late afternoon | Northern Dampwoods | NPC Agrona [ 706 ]

TEAGAN, YOU’RE ABOUT TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HORMONES ARE~!

Also, sorry for the long ramble @____@

It had been the farthest she had ever ventured from the pack’s territory on her own. She didn’t have an adult to supervise their movements, didn’t have a babysitter to make sure she didn’t get into trouble. It was just her, her feathered companion, Agrona, and the great expanse of unexplored terrain. The only thing that might have made the whole ordeal better would have been if Indi had been with her. But, given the sister’s scare at the pack’s borders, Teagan had been hesitant to extend the daring invitation out to her sibling. She worried, and felt it might have been too soon. Indi had bounced back quicker this time around than she had with the fallen star, but… It wasn’t something Teagan had been willing to risk.

So, she had gone it alone. She had dressed up a bit for the occasion. Her hair had been pulled back into a ponytail to keep its growing length out of her face. The dark, olive green scarf she had used to wrap her falcon chick in when she had first started interacting with her hung about the girl’s neck. Though Agrona was grown enough to be independent of her parents, the familiar smell of the scarf, mingled with both Teagan’s and the raptor’s scent, comforted the bird. Teagan would have been a fool to leave home without it if she wanted to bring her young falcon along with her. At her hip hung the short sword she had been practicing with for some time now, added to her person for obvious reasons. Finally, across her chest was a weathered bag that held provisions for her secret excursion outside of the pack’s boundaries.

The whole trek had been done without informing anyone save for a hidden note for Indi—she would be hurt to realize Teagan had gone without her, but, Teagan rationalized that she’d be more hurt if she didn’t figure out what her sister had done until after she had returned—and an adamant Howland, who had demanded her purpose for her suddenly accessorized appearance. He was used to seeing the girl tote around a sword and the bird, but, a bag and a scarf? That was out of the norm for Teagan. It had taken a bit of evasion—alright, a bit of convincible lying to get the mountain of a wolfdog to let her go. And, once out of the gruff male’s eyesight, Teagan had booked it to the border to prevent him from apprehending her further.

From there, it had been smooth sailing. The rebel princess and her avian companion had steadily made their way northward through the Dampwoods, led simply by sights and smells of curiosity. It was good practice, the teenager felt. Agrona got to spread her wings a bit, and the pair got to exercise their bond as a team. As well, Teagan got to explore the countryside without being tethered to someone’s hip.

They had traveled a great distance by the time the sun had begun its slow descent on the horizon. The waning hours of daylight had caused for the Stryder to call for an end to their adventuring, pausing their trek for a break by a slow, trickling stream. Teagan unstrapped the bag and her sword, letting both of them plop down beside her as she let her body heavily sink against a sturdy tree trunk. “Uugghh,” she groaned as her body suddenly sent signals of fatigue to her brain. Perhaps she had over done the whole adventuring thing.

Above her, Agrona made a soft, clattering noise as she looked at her Luperci companion with a concerned look. Peaking up at the falcon, Teagan waved dismissively. “Just a few minutes, Agrona, and I’ll be good to go.” I might sleep for a week when I get home though, she mused with a sharp exhale of air.

Her stomach gurgled softly, prompting the teen that it had been a while since she had eaten. Teagan turned to rummage through her bag for the jerky she had brought for one such purpose. “You hungry?” She asked as she procured a leather pouch.

Template: Hilli / Andi || Image: Martin Rak
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:32 pm

I never watch the stars, there's so much down here

He left her to write her stories.

Pencil flew over paper in that loopy, careful handwriting, and he knew even as he asked the question that she would decline. "I will be okay. Go." She had said, and he did not want to. But he did, without argument. Because her wishes were the very last thing that he would ever deny. Satchel slung low over his shoulder, Bayani departed from the makeshift camp that he and his sister would share for the night. He left to collect water. And he knew, even as he stepped from her presence and into the cold embrace of the forest in sunset, that Primrose was writing a story of a hero and his valiance. He smiled a brief, fleeting thing, only ever revealed to the silence suddenly enveloped him. Bayani had never thought himself a hero; he was very far from one. But his sister's affectionate eyes never ceased to make him feel like one.

As the sun fell to rest, its last rays of soft pinks and oranges dusting the tops of pines, he navigated to the gentle bubble of water. It did not take the young man long, to find that silver ribbon; and when he did, it was a sight for sore eyes. The pair had been on the move all day, and just gotten past the ridge of the odd coyote clan and its neighboring mountain. Even with his deft momentum, he had stopped often to allow his sister rest, even should she complain of it, and the going had been very slow. Their supply of water had run dry within the last hour, but thankfully, a godsend had been left for them. Bayani considered it a small mercy to the hell he had been given. He did not thank for the water. He just took. The man, painted soft with blue and gray, crouched near the shore, wetting his toes and fingers in the cool liquid as he diligently filled the trio of waterskins, pulled one by one from the bag on his hip. When the last was full, he did not leave the river and immediately return to the charge of his sister. He was not certain why. But the silence was oddly gentle on his ears, and so instead he chose to cross the water, eyes of blue and brown unnaturally bright in the half-light of night. He followed some sixth sense, raising a scarred wrist and dark fingers to carefully tug at the crystal laced around his neck. It was not very long before he heard a voice between the trees.

The shifter peered his curious gaze to the scene, intrigued by what he witnessed. A young girl and her bird, perched just above her lemon gaze. Bayani considered leaving; it would be ever so easy to melt back into the black of the trees. But he did not. Instead, long, dark ears pricked to the fading sky, and Bayani offered the smallest of smirks, before introducing himself by way of speech. "Quite. Why do you ask?" He stepped silently forward, svelte figure a striking outline once lost from its cover of trees. He watched her, without falter.

((500+)) ooc. Sorry this sucks idk how to write him ;n; He wearin some of dese, is carrying a leather satchel, and is shirtless c':
Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:09 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 518 ]

>___< Why you so mean, Teagan?

Agrona let out a soft cry of warning, but, it hadn’t been quick enough. Teagan nearly jumped out of her skin as someone answered her…someone that wasn’t her avian companion. Her head snapped towards the source of the voice, her heart pounding in her ears as she realized she’d let her guard down. The Cavalier mentally berated herself as she hastily rolled to her feet. Her mother would have killed her for being so careless! The pouch was dropped from her grasp and her feet and hands positioned themselves into a defensive, fighting stance.

Her unexpected visitor stood apart from the earthen hues of their darkening environment. It was a male that was perhaps a few months older than she. His coat was one she had never seen before; a snow-white canvas painted in splotches of onyx and blue. It was like a modified, blue version of her sister, Indi…but darker and with more color than he was white. A pair of grey pants stood apart from the odd arrangement of markings that he had, but the rest of him was as bare as she was. He was taller than her too—she realized as she had to tilt her head up to properly glare at him—and though he had a lean physique to him, he was probably heavier too.

He was shirtless, which, in and of itself, wasn’t anything new. She’d seen plenty of bare chests in her pack. There was something different about looking at the speckled wolfdog before her though. Perhaps it was because he wasn’t years older than her, so he didn’t have the defined, muscled build that most of adult men in the pack had. Or perhaps it was because he simply wasn’t related to her in some way or another. She didn’t know. Didn’t stick around to dwell on it either. His hair was a mix between messy and tame. All in all, the older boy wasn’t too bad to look at, though, Teagan blamed her tiredness for seeing anything more than a possible enemy before her.

Teagan’s surprise, embarrassment, and anger at her carelessness manifested into a grumpy, initial reception of the bold stranger. “Because I wanted to see the look on your face when I told you I didn’t have anything,” She growled irritably. Her canary gaze roved over him, searching for a hint as to why she had attracted this outsider to her resting place. He had a bag on him, but her critical onceover failed to reveal any hidden weapons. Her muscles relaxed, though, only slightly.

She stood a bit taller, her fingers curling into fists as they dropped to her sides. “Who are you, anyway?” She asked him, eyeing him suspiciously. “If I’d been a more seasoned knight, you would have had a new nostril to breathe out of.” She let out a sharp breath, a deadly smirk playing at her lips. Her hands came up to cross in front of her chest in a decidedly Lyris-like fashion.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:58 am

He was not fully certain why he chose to abandon his mission for a stranger. Returning to Primrose was his highest priority, and should he leave her a second longer to enter into amusing small talk was a mystery. Perhaps it was the oddness of the situation; Bayani had never seen such a companion as a hawk shaped in the way of the youth's. And she was rather comely, just barely months more youthful than even himself. The young man had never been inclined to pass up a pretty face should one be nearby, but he was not attempting to spend a passionate night with the girl. She did not seem the type to be easily swayed, he decided, as her fists were brought up, lightly humorous though a real threat. With just a touch of exaggeration, the blue and brown-eyed boy brought his own hands up, black-scarred and white, padded fingers splayed in a gesture of innocence and to reveal he had no intent to maim. The Grimm was far from skilled in combat, and though he did think his size advantage could overcome the youth, he would not underestimate her. He was a thief who hid himself darkness, not a warrior. But she needn't know such a thing.

She spat a reply, unflinching and sharp of tongue. He was lightly impressed. Bayani lowered his hands, the chain lost in the collie-thick fur of his chest glinting with a dapple of sunlight. "I did not intend to startle you," He responded, genuine in his words. He hadn't, though took note for the future that materializing out of shadows was not the best first impression. For now, he only wanted to gain her favor. She wore a scarf of fine craft and had a raptor as her companion; this enough spoke of a powerful enough origin, and given the fact she looked far from homeless, he assumed she belonged to one of the packs of this odd peninsula. He had no way to identify her scent. Bayani offered her a small smirk, fully dropping his defensive stance. "You will be disappointed. I can hunt for myself." He lifted a shoulder, then. Now he took an exploratory, careful step forward, remaining a respectful distance, though now close enough to feign friendliness. Her next words, however, were far from friendly. She was a bit of a spitfire, wasn't she? The male rose his hands again in a similarly open gesture. He meant no harm. "My name is Blue." He said, flicking a collie-esque ear as he watched her with mismatched eyes. He smiled, though it dropped seconds later. "I do not doubt it." His eyes strayed, quickly enough to nearly not be detected, to the curve of her hair, tied back, her muzzle, and quickly back to lemon eyes. "I just wanted to say hello." He was no stranger to pretty women. A good half of it was an act; an exaggeration and overwork of the kind, handsome boy, curious after a pretty young woman. Though only half.

((500+)) ooc. werk it
Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 810 ]

I think this is the meanest and most arrogant I’ve ever written Teagan xD BUT, finally cue what we came here for xD Work your magic, Bayani, and break this tough cookie!

As his hands rose to mirror hers, Teagan couldn’t help but to regard him with a considering glare. He had quick reflexes. Even if his intent was likely done to make fun of her—something she noted sourly—it appeared he wasn’t as useless as his leanly muscled body might have initially suggested. He didn’t have the defining muscles of a man who relied on his upper body for fighting. He didn’t have bulging, rippling pectorals. He didn’t have abs that protruded loudly from his torso.

He was softly toned; enough to be frustratingly distracting, but not so much that he looked like he could break her in half. Most of the males in her pack wielded weapons that required power of the upper body to use them effectively, and he definitely did not have their build. What he did have, however, were powerful shoulder muscles that hinted that the man before her excelled in some type of physical labor.

Either that, or he just shrugs a lot, she sneered sardonically.

Her eyes drifted down to the lip of his pants. The clothing had prevented her from making any further judgement about the threat the man might have posed to her, and so her gaze returned to his face.

She was momentarily distracted from her glaring when something shiny glinted briefly in her eyes. Agrona must have seen it too, because she made a harsh squawk in warning. Realizing it was just a necklace though, both Cavalier and bird were put at ease.

The mysterious man claimed he hadn’t meant to startle her, and Teagan let out a sharp, disbelieving breath. She had to bite her tongue from saying anything more. He hadn’t done anything terrible, not yet anyway, and wasn’t deserving of misplaced, hasty accusations.

The drop of the stranger’s defensive stance allowed Teagan’s to ease up a little as well. Her ears twitched and her face morphed into one of disgruntled disappointment at his reply and how quickly he deflected her volley. “Shame, I was looking forward to it too,” she said with a tight-lipped, forced smile.

So he wasn’t after food… What else could he want from his visit? The bag she’d brought was a worn thing, and the contents inside were nothing a loner would want if food really wasn’t his intention for this meeting. The only other thing she had left was her sword, which she would claw his pretty face up for if he entertained any thought of relieving her of it.

He took a step forward and, as much as she wanted to take a step back, she held her ground. Any more distance would only put him closer to her abandoned sword and her on the defensive with nothing more than her fists. And she wasn’t particularly fond of that idea.

Teagan’s playful threat earned her hands raised up in surrender, and she smirked triumphantly. He offered her a name, and she—without realizing—looked him up and down, surprised at how fitting it was on him. Blue smiled at her before accepting her threat for what it was. It helped put her a little more at ease. He had picked up that she wasn’t some damsel ripe for the taking, and, so, long as he understood that, she would be somewhat civil.

Her confidence faded slightly as she noticed his bi-hued gaze roaming over her face, as if trying to take in the details of it. It unnerved her, and she felt the hairs along the back of her nape stand up and a sudden, strange, foreign feeling in her gut. She blinked rapidly as his eyes came back to meet her own. It took her a moment to realize he had spoken, and she blamed the heat and her fatigue for her lapse of concentration.

“Well, hello,” she forced out with slightly less grump than before. She swallowed, closed her eyes, took a breath, and regained her composure. “What are you doing out here?” He didn’t carry a group scent with him, though, there was a faint smell of another on him. It was obvious that he was a loner with a plus one. “You said you were hungry, but you’ve made it clear that you can hunt for yourself…somehow.” She gestured offhandedly to his bare, lean figure.

The princess’ mismatched ears pressed against her dark hair and her eyes narrowed as if she was regretting what she was about to do. Looking away from him and letting out an irritated sigh, Teagan introduced, “And, I’m Teagan…by the way.” He’d given her his name. It only seemed right she give him hers, if only to keep him from calling her some name she wouldn’t like.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:15 am

He enjoyed the game. It was refreshing, to be offered only wariness upon first meeting. Women that he met were far from dull- Bayani was not suggesting that they all melted to blind trust for him upon first sight. But rarely was he greeted with such vigorous challenge. Even despite his open gesture and vulnerability, the youth's tongue did not fade in its sharpness. A battle of wit, it seemed. His excellent acting- mixed, quite honestly, with genuine elements, for he did not mean to take advantage of her- it failed to trick her into security, lull her into the casual attraction or nervousness he had come skilled in manipulating. She had caught his eye. This young, canary-eyed knight was far from just a pretty face; she was an intelligent one, too.

The roving of her eyes was one he identified as calculation. Far was it from allured, or intrigued, as he received upon occasion. She was sizing him up, he realized, and had to refrain from the smirk that rose. Instead, he allowed his expression to remain neutral, collie-tall ears and vibrant mismatched gaze as careful as her own. He waited, patiently, for her to make a decision. He did not think that the girl would find him a threat. Bayani was far from weak in appearance- a sprinter's build allowed the curve of subtle power, but nothing overbearing or with ability to maim. His height was his only intimidation, and even then, he was steps enough away for such an imposing element to be lost. She seemed to accept him, if without much kindness, it was at least enough to hold a conversation without threats. Her snide remark only drew a rueful smile from the loner, and fell without response. At his step forward, she held her ground, unflinching and unmoving in her sharp eyes and planted toes. The sharp eye of the falcon above was not lost on Bayani; he was aware such a creature's beak and talons were one thing he would not like to come in contact with. Should the younger have the creature trained enough to attack, he would not play with this fire. He continued, only, to be passive. His smiles were abundant, flashed briefly at a variety of her different remarks. At least he was not bored.

The collie mix saw the slightest shift in the hardness of her eyes at his glances. She was heated in her aggressiveness, but not exceedingly so. She could be cracked, he only sought to find how. "Hello." He offered, honest, at her lightly sarcastic greeting. And then she inquired something of him, and Bayani flicked a doggish-dark ear, brown and blue sights unmoving on hers. "I am a drifter, if you call it that. I go wherever I wish in these neutral lands." It was not a lie. At the moment, the river had offered him something needed, so here he could be found. Only, he had located something more attention-drawing than flowing water. Her jibe pulled another expression from him, this one a smile of sharp whites, eyes glittering with light humor. "You should know not to judge a book by its cover, I would think." He shot back, and lifted the cover of the leather bag slung low 'round his chest. He offered her a splayed palm, dark and wrist laced with scars, as he lifted a dagger from the bag with another hand. It was a gesture of ease, of no ill-intent. He wished only to show her, as it seemed the only way to gain respect or ounce of trust of a young woman so strong-willed was to express his own. With a glint and a flick, Bayani cut the dagger across the breeze, beneath his lifted arm, and tossed it with power from his grip. Hilt-over-handle, it spun once, and then sunk its cold blade firm into the soft bark of a nearby tree. Some would consider it a show-off- a display of power unnecessary. But the Grimm was not one to express his skills to others, without good reason. He thought that she would like proof. It was feasible in every way that he was lying. "I am capable of throwing sharp things with competence. Only, I haven't the time for a hunt recently." And there he left his words. She offered him a name, one he knew to be true, for a liar and a thief could detect another with ease. She was far from such a thing. Bayani watched her with appreciation, and then slowly lifted the leather bag from where it hung on his hip, allowing it to crumple with grace against the swaying grasses nearby. Free of the weight, he crouched, balancing on his shins with his forearms against the gray cloth of his pants. It was an expression of vulnerability, as he shrunk himself well below his normally imposing height. The Grimm glanced back up at her, multi-hued eyes vibrant and kind as they met hers with reverence. "Teagan." He said, slow, and with approval. "Does your falcon have a name?"

((800+)) ooc. i love it shh. also sorry this is so long omg
Bayani Grimm
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Ann
Luperci

Dead Topics