Your hands may blister, your muscles stay sore

Linden; BD Jun 4

POSTED: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:27 am

Optime | Backdated: June 4th (+455)

The last 3 (or 2 if you don’t count that one-line one) paragraphs are really all you need to read! Hopefully I gave you enough to work with! >__<

Note for me: training thread

She’d helped where she could for the preparations in the days leading up to the Diplomacy Summit. The walkways and general grounds had been cleared of any debris, shops and anything within public view had been cleaned and picked over to ensure they looked their best. Banners had been put up, pretty flowers and been bound together and strategically placed to help give the Fort a lively, welcoming feel to it. Everything had been set for when the delegates of the other packs were to arrive. And with their arrival meant Teagan’s unofficial dismissal to duck her head low and stay out of the way.

Indi had run off somewhere earlier that day, and the remaining sister wasn’t about to be caught and forced to socialize on her own if she could help it. She expected Casa di Cavalieri’s visitors to be busy mingling amongst themselves, and, so, this meant that the teenager could get in some training time before the group of foreigners moved around again and she was forced back into her antisocial hiding.

The Lotta had been thankful that she’d kept the short sword she normally used at home rather than retuning it to the armory. Had it not been for her forethought, she would have had to brave the courthouse with all of its strange faces milling about, either that, or she would have been stuck twiddling her thumbs until her father was done with his meeting with the other pack leaders. She had her trusted sword though, and the training grounds had been calling her name all morning long.

It was a shame she couldn’t start her practicing though.

With the delegates and the conference being the main focus for the next few days, the training grounds had been tidied up and the usual fixtures and dummies had been moved in an effort to make the area look nice and neat, as well as to breed an image of peace.

All in all, fancy adult talk that put a kink in Teagan’s daily plans.

The teenager grunted and struggled to get one of the larger wooden dummies to move to the ideal position the princess wanted it in. Her progress was frustratingly slow, so much so that Teagan had put her sword aside in the hope that using both of her hands and all of her weight would help move the infuriating thing faster. She had half the mind to enlist the help of the hired muscle, Howland, but his stern face and stone-statue attitude made it more likely that she’d have better luck asking Rocco to not try to headbutt her when she had the misfortune of cleaning his pen.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:56 pm

i am so slow i apologize ;-;

He did not like that they had taken his weapons, and become irritable over the matter – it was reasonable enough, of course, but among the delegations he fell distinctly small. Nevertheless, Linden was familiar with the protocol and accepted it without complaint. Silvano was the one who would be doing all of the proper talks, and Linden (as always) would stand by and wait for information to trickle down. Little by little, he gathered intel and compiled it with due course.

Abandoning pretense of introductions for the moment, Linden slipped away to see what might be seen. He was familiar with the Fort's inner structures, though found it changed since the starfall. This did not surprise him. Cour des Miracles had sprawled westward, consuming more land as was their right. Linden was glad for this, and for the new distance put between his home and the borders.

The Baron had not made it far along his walk when he spied a young woman struggling against a training dummy. Reminded inexplicably of Skoll, it was enough to prompt his approach.

Linden came to a halt, hands clasped loosely behind his back, and regarded the situation.

Would you like some help? He asked, though the Baron could not hide the mirth from his voice.

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Ranger I
Saṃsāra

POSTED: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:16 pm

(+385)

It’s okay! <3 Also, I assume that Linden has his armor on him since he had it in our other thread that’s on the same day as this one? :O If not, lemme know and I’ll change this!

She was starting to get really frustrated with the heavy practice fixture. The adults made it all look so easy to push it across the dirt and into position. And here she was, struggling to just move it a few feet! Under her breath, she grumbled curses; at the summit, at the adults, at the dummy, and finally at her own strength. Amongst her grunts and strains to move the dummy, she hadn’t realized she’d been approached until they were nearly upon her.

The feeling that one got while being watched crawled up her spine just moments before a voice broke through her irritated thoughts. Teagan’s ears pricked and she whirled on her heel, embarrassed to be seen struggling with the stupid training item. Her canary eyes blinked at the other, a foreign male, and, after a moment, his words finally registered to her. “Uhh,” she took a glance back at the dummy as she tried to weigh the consequences to her answer, “Sure.” She finished before swallowing the nervousness she felt. “I mean, yes, please,” she corrected, her voice having regained some dignity to it the second time around.

She couldn’t very well deny the stranger—even if it seemed he’d found amusement at her expense—when it was obvious that she was having trouble. If she’d refused his help and still strained to move the dummy, she’d only look like a bigger fool. The Stryder pointed to a spot that was in the center of the training area. “Do you think you could move it over there?”

Teagan stepped away from the heavy training tool to allow the male to try his luck at it. The Lotta took the time to look the older male over. He carried the same scent—though, perhaps, smelt a bit better—than a certain golden jerk, which meant he was in the Fort for the diplomacy summit. Despite having attended a largely political-driven conference though, it looked like it was possible he was a fighter. He had the muscle tone for one, and he carried himself in a way that was different from some aristocrat or plucky sidekick that was brought along for looks or companionship.

“Do you fight too?” she blurted out suddenly, eyeing his fascinating shoulder armor.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:32 pm

durrr short sorry <3

As he approached, Linden measured his steps – counting them to gauge size – and approximated the size of the area. He found this clever trick useful, but it had proven difficult when translating. Luperci were not built the same.

Linden's snow-brushed face eased into a smile.

I do fight, he confirmed, well aware the armor he wore announced this fact. The Cavalieri certainly knew Skoll led this faction, though Linden had long ago come to terms with this. More muscle than brain, the golden prince was as much an icon as he was capable within the role. Someone like Linden – small, quiet – was not likely to give the impression of power required. But I am not a knight.

He freed his hands to examine the dummy, and pressed against it with one of these.

If you're meaning to train, you should do so with a partner.

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Ranger I
Saṃsāra

POSTED: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:42 pm

(+352)

The Courtier confirmed her suspicions, and the girl felt the corner of her mouth tug a bit at the affirmation. Skoll had shown hints of being a fighter; what with his scars, his prowess during his bout with the cougar, and his missing eye. From what she’d learned in her studies, the Court was the most similar to her own pack than any other that Casa di Cavalieri had in their records. To see the lithe man before her clad in armor and to hear he was, indeed, a fighter made Teagan feel a bit more open to him. They had something in common, even if he admitted to not being a knight.

She shrugged nonchalantly, watching as the foreigner pushed the training dummy into place. “Not everyone can be.” Certain body types were better used for other purposes. Archers, like her mother and Sylvie. Scouts and infiltrators, like Nadia. Brute strength, like her father and…Jonas. Teagan swallowed, willing her mind to change the subject quickly. “What do you do?” She inquired curiously, hoping that he would elaborate from where he’d left off.

Her mismatched ears flickered at the suggestion in his tone, and she had to rein in her emotions to keep from appearing too eager or excited about his words. The Cavalier regarded the Courtier for a moment before letting her eyes slip to the only weapon she’d been able to bring to the training grounds. “I’m afraid I only have the one sword out here…” The rest are stuck in the Courthouse where the VIPs were having their little chitchat. Her canary gaze drifted back to the male. “Unless you had something else in mind?” She tilted her chin up, interested to hear what he say.

Teagan strode to the Courtier’s side as the dummy came to a stop in the middle of the training area. “I’m Teagan Stryder,” she introduced with business-like politeness. Like usual, she left out that she was the daughter of the Casa di Cavalieri’s Lune. The fact was unimportant, and would hold no sway here.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:40 pm

Had his younger self come to know that one day he would be a spymaster and not a noble warrior, it would have ripped asunder the drive which had fed his endless physical toil. Years of training had not given him superior height or weight. His destiny had been unseen despite his intentions, shattered by things like injury and despondence.

His smile felt strange, but he let the feeling go.

I serve my Kingdom as needed, the wolf offered vaguely, then clarified: Most of my work involves scouting.

Pushing a chunk of hair behind one ear, Linden considered the arena.

Do you use practice weapons? I could make do with any stick, I suppose, though I wouldn't wish to harm your blade in the process.

He would not have used his own weapon even if he had been allowed it within the Fort's walls. The last thing he needed was a clumsy child to draw blood if they practiced with live weapons.

Very well met, Teagan. My name is Linden Aatte, of Cour des Miracles.

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Ranger I
Saṃsāra

POSTED: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:11 pm

(+453)

Teagan’s like a typical kid, stealing your quotes so they can be used later to look cool in front of other people xD Feel free to make assumptions (attacks, dodges, etc.) to help keep the flow of the spar :3

Teagan nodded her head in acceptance to his clarification, particularly liking the choice of words he had used in the introduction of it. It was mysterious, and could be used in a curt manner if spoken in the correct tone. The phrase felt like a way to be perfectly noncommittal to an answer one didn’t want to elaborate on. All in all, it was something Teagan found herself quietly tucking away for some unforeseen meeting in the future, if only because she liked the vibe the quote had to it.

For his body type, scouting fit perfectly. He was small when compared to most wolves, particularly Skoll or her great grandfather. However, this made it easier for him to slip in and out of areas, and gave him a lower profile that could be easily overlooked. As well, he likely had speed on his side where most larger Luperci relied on raw power. It made her wonder how formidable the Courtier might be when fully garbed in armor and weaponry. What did they teach over there in the Court?

Linden inquired a question of her that caused her mismatched ears to flicker to attention. It had been a while since she had brandished a stick as a weapon. Most of the adults she had sparred with had used the duller weapons for practice since it was as close as one could get to the real thing without any real danger of cutting the apprentice to ribbons. Still, Teagan remembered perfectly well where her stash of good “swords” was hidden. “We do,” she replied, quickly put into motion and striding over to a natural sort of corner to the area.

Teagan pushed aside some of the thorny bushes with the outer part of her arm and grabbed two sticks hidden beneath them. With her prizes retrieved, she let the natural deterrent fall back into place. The sticks were of a good condition and thickness; sturdy, hard, and able to take and dish out a good beating. They were relatively the same length, and, for the most part, were straight. It was clear from their appearance that they had been painstakingly chosen and not merely crafted.

The Stryder turned around, a stick in each hand, and strode towards the armored male. “Nice you meet you, Linden,” she replied to his introduction, tossing him his chosen weapon once they were close enough. Teagan adjusted the grip on her stick to mimic the grasp she might have had had it been a real sword. Once comfortable, she nodded to her opponent and his own “sword.”

“Ready?” It was the only warning she gave before she moved forward, thrusting the end of her stick towards his abdomen.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 pm

waaaah I am the worst Xx left this super vague! We can begin to wrap this up whenever you are close to your requiements!

He took the offered “weapon”, weighing it in his hand. It was not as heavy as a sword, but it was sturdy. Linden made a few loose motions through the air before gripping a low point. The girl was eager to fight and cocky. She would have made a fine apprentice for Skoll, the ginger wolf thought, and smiled at the idea of these supposed just-desserts.

Then she threw her arm forward, meaning to stab him, and the humor left his face.

Even in something as simple as training with dummy weapons, Linden fought her well enough. He limited his abilities for reasons beyond her age, but made certain that he did not give her quarter where it was not earned. She was aggressive, and pushed after him each time he moved – stepping back, stepping to the side, making little motions and hardly expending himself beyond what he needed to do to parry and block her strikes.

Linden did not instruct her. He was not there to teach her, and he felt like she would pick up on things as they went – this became apparent as she adapted to his left-handed swings, and he smiled broadly when she caught on.

Of course, he was making a point to tire her down. All of her attacks expended far too much energy, he thought.

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Ranger I
Saṃsāra

Dead Topics