Every sentiment hangs around no longer than a minute or two

POSTED: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:45 pm

() Great Village, and glad she has a second rabbit bc she is doing this allll wroonngg. ;D

Her mother had left several things behind when she departed Inferni, and Vicira had spent some of the afternoon going through her old belongings again. Out of respect and some childish hope that Myrika would come back, the Tears girl hadn't touched most of the old things (half-finished leather projects, tools, charcoal pencils and parchment, a book or two), but it had been months since she'd moved in, and rearranging the place a little wouldn't hurt, she thought.

That had gotten her to playing with an old skinning knife, thinking about the things in life that she'd wanted to accomplish, and at last deciding that learning how to skin an animal shouldn't be too hard.

Now, sitting outside the overhang near the old firepit, blood on her hands and her knife embedded in the flesh of the rabbit's shoulder, Vicira grimaced.

She'd gotten the two rabbits from Covenant—probably as some way to shush Vici when the stocky girl went looking for Kennedy to "bother"—and Vici was glad for Cove's distraction now. She knew that the Quintus was a good skinner and a better butcher and would have a few choice words for Vicira's failure now, but the grey coyote forced herself to keep going.

The knife slipped as she tried to peel the pelt off the shoulder, and she cursed—her voice high and loud and entirely unbecoming of her usual demeanor. Damn it!

their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:30 pm

SHIKOBA WHIPLASH
Lupus [ 408 ]

August Co-Rank Event || Co-Rank: Furrier

Sorry for this horribly late reply again Dx Let me know if I need to change anything!

It was as fine a day as any to do a bit of snooping around the pack territory. It wasn’t like he had anything better to do. He had no responsibilities as of yet other than to learn the Inferni way of doing things, ranks, the whole shebang. Wind and Thunder had been left to socialize—from afar—with the other horses of the clan. Eidolon had gone to do a bit of scouting and hunting. Dorado and Kore had decided to spend their day with Daeva and her male fox companion; something that Shikoba had stuck his tongue out at. Daeva was hell to deal with, and he wasn’t particularly fond of watching his baby girl hang out with the dragon-lady’s pet. That left Ashkii…but all he’d wanted to do was sleep, so, the coymutt had left the raccoon to it.

The Tirones paced about, sniffing and searching for something to entertain himself while his companions busied themselves with other activities. His wandering had taken him to the northeastern half of the territory above the bay. He’d meandered here and there before a familiar scent wafted up his nose. A cheeky grin had spread across his lips as his paws quickly diverted from their original path to follow along a new one. It had been a while since he had seen her, and he was curious to see what she had been up to.

Her scent trail wasn’t hard to follow, and, it wasn’t long before the Nizhoni male found himself near the schoolhouse. Shikoba made a detour to check on his mustang—if only to support the lie that he had come there to see Wind and not to pester a certain lady. After the two Nizhoni mustangs were greeted, the Whiplash leisurely made his way around to where his target’s scent trail led off to.

He found her easy enough, particularly with her frustrated shout pinpointing her location. “That’s rude, cursing at my presence,” Shikoba whined with a faux pout. His mirthful eyes and sharp grin betrayed his hurt act though. His tail twitched in amusement behind him as he moved closer to inspect the mess that was held in the dark woman’s hands. “Oi...that’s a bloody mess, ya’ got there.” His nose twitched as he sniffed, as if unable to distinguish what it was she had mauled with her knife.

Image: Luda-stock
Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

POSTED: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:54 pm

OOC: I am slow too, is okay ♥ I am SHORT TOO :<

IC:

The male’s hurt whine flicked Vicira’s ears forward quickly, betraying surprise that rippled with tension through lifted, narrow shoulders and flexing fingers. She grabbed for the bit of skin that hung of the rabbit’s shoulder and met Shikoba’s look with a positively sour glare. It was a look brandished on many Infernians as of late, when her composure ebbed, but perhaps one that the dusty hybrid hadn’t been properly acquainted with yet.

“Had I known you were coming, I’d have more choice words,” Vicira retorted darkly, but then she looked up at him and her expression changed. Blue eyes flashed open a little wider, her scowl softened and slanted self-consciously, and she at last flung the rabbit down into the dirt. “It’s mangled. I thought it’d be easier,” she said, a whine cutting harshly through her words; it betrayed her uncertainty, her lack of experience, and more than a little shame at Shikoba seeing the previously-confident woman like this.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 pm

SHIKOBA WHIPLASH
Lupus [ 401 ]

<33

If he hadn’t sensed it earlier, then the look he received was a telltale sign of the woman’s mood. He paused in his step before dodging to one side, a look of surprise in his wide eyes. “Shit, woman, you could have killed me with that!” He yelped, referring to the glare she had thrown at him. He lifted a foreleg to his chest in as to place it on his heart in attempt to calm it. “It’s a good thing I have fast reflexes, else the world would have been mournin’ at my departure from it,” he commented in a pant as if he had just come out of a fight. Shikoba continued his stride towards the unhappy Regulus, obviously, undaunted by the look she had fixed him with.

“You’re gonna give me a complex,” he continued to whine at the snarled reply he received. Damn, she must really be in a bad mood. Once her icy gaze found him again though, there was a small change from the death she had flung at him just seconds before. She appeared to be frustrated as she tossed the butchered animal away from her. Shikoba starred at the half-skinned rabbit with quiet interest. Vicira revealed her vexation, surprising the Whiplash with the less-than-confident vibe that radiated from her. Something was up, either that, or, the rabbit wasn’t her first attempt at trying to skin an animal that day.

Shikoba let out a snort and moved over to where the unfortunate creature lay in the dirt. He pawed at it, moving the mess around as he inspected it. It was a complete mess, and the fur was unsalvageable as a whole piece. Still, it wasn’t a total loss. “Nah. Hate to burst your bubble, sweetheart, but, this ain’t the worst I’ve seen.” He leveled the woman with a look, “The prize of a shitty chop job goes to my cousin, so, the best I can give ya’ is runner up.” His tail wagged behind him. He considered teasing her, but, thought better of it with the knife she held in her hand.

“This your first time go at skinning?” He asked. Rabbits were fairly easy to skin, but, he wasn’t about to point that out. His wasabi gaze peered over at her hands, “You don’t got any cuts, do ya’?”

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

POSTED: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:34 pm

--

The coymutt comically recoiled from her cold glance, and Vicira's expression crumpled and hardened in an attempt to keep from smiling at his theatrics. She was frustrated and damned if a cute gentleman could change her own hot-tempered emotions. Almost angrier at herself for the lapse, she glowered at the clumsily-flayed rabbit and barely heeded his words until he approached and pawed at it.

Her ears twitched at his reassurance, then lay back against her short-chopped hair. She made a small noise that might have been assent or protest, then pushed her bangs from her face and sighed. It is, she admitted. My mom—er, my other mom—she used to be a tanner and a furrier, and... I felt like I ought to take those skills up. There were others in the clan, certainly, who would perform such tasks for Inferni's benefit, but it was important to Vicira that she follow in Myrika's footsteps and help provide sheets of hide and other things.

She blinked at his question then glanced at her bloodied hands. I don't think so, she said, but when she passed a finger over her fur the base of her thumb stung. Er, yeah. It's nothing, though. She shrugged coldly.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:46 pm

SHIKOBA WHIPLASH
[ 516 ]

When it appeared as if Vicira was fighting to maintain her angry expression, Shikoba felt a swell of excitement and amusement spread out from his chest. The male grinned like a fool. He very much enjoyed the idea of having an irresistible effect on others, particularly, if they were being moody. The victory was made even sweeter when the feisty woman’s eyes fell from their icy glare upon him and settled them instead on the defenseless victim in her hands.

Vicira was, surprisingly, cooperative, and confirmed her lack of expertise in the matter at hand. He’d expected her to deny it, or, at the very least, play it off.

Revealing she had two moms was something that threw Shikoba off a bit. The Nizhoni tribe was more traditional than not, and same-sex relationships were often rare and highly frowned upon by the Nakai clan. If Vicira’s choice of words were anything to go by, it seemed her…parents would have fallen into the scrutinized group. That explains a lot about the Aquila, he mused quietly as he recalled the chieftess’ more masculine tendencies.

A more important word stuck out to him though, and Shikoba decided it better to not make any sort of comment about the stuck-up clansman in regards to her parents. From the sounds of it, either her other mother was dead, or had left her. Either way, it gave the male an inkling as to perhaps why the few times he’d seen Vesper and Vicira together, they had been filled with tension.

“Do ya’ want to take up skinnin’ or are ya’ doin’ it because you feel like ya’ have to?” Shikoba asked, his words surprisingly genuine.

The woman dismissed any great harm having come from her skinning attempt, but, Shikoba couldn’t resist the temptation. He edged a bit closer, his tail rising up and wagging stiffly in his confidence. “If you give me a sec, I can kiss it and make it better.” He grinned stupidly at his offer, still trying to raise her spirits. That, and he had very much liked the last encounter they’d had with each other.

“I’m willin’ to take a rain check though,” he added quickly with a wink so that she might not completely shut him out, “If you’re serious about learnin’ to skin, I’ll show you how to fillet a rabbit.” He looked away, pretending to be nonchalant about his serious suggestion.

“I’ll need payment, of course. Since I like ya’ and have a soft spot for pretty girls, I’ll cut ya’ a deal though.” His wasabi gaze turned back to her with a playful glint to them. “I think a smile’ll do. I’ll settle for a smirk though if that suits your likin’ more, sweetheart.” He continued to grin like the fool that he was. “Or a promise to not maim me with that knife of yours, that’ll work too.” So long as she didn’t send him packing, he didn’t care what she chose to do.

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

POSTED: Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:37 pm

The male's question surprised her -- both the words themselves and the honest intention behind them. She shot him a quick glance in an attempt to gauge whether or not he was teasing, but it didn't seem like he was judging her. Vicira took in a short breath and settled her bloodied hands back on the ruined pelt of the half-skinned rabbit, thinking.

"Both," she answered after a moment. "Mostly I -- I want to, I think it would be useful, and it should be easy." She scowled at the mess she'd made then attempted to flick her bangs out of her face with a toss of her head, like a sullen mare. "If I can skin and tan my own pelts, make leather, it would help everything else. I know, logically at least, that I don't have to. I'm not the only skinner." She still felt that she needed to take it up for Myrika's sake too, though. It was an odd thing to focus on -- she already was connected to Myrimom through the horses, the reading and history -- but it was still another service the former Aquila had provided. It was something that Vesper couldn't do.

She stared suspiciously at the big plains coyote as he padded closer, wagging his tail. She snorted. "I'd almost take you up on that," she said, and pushed her bloodied hands at his face to show that she meant it literally. Lifting her thumb to her muzzle, she gave it a tentative lick and grimaced.

His offer piqued her interest, though, and her blue eyes drifted to his wasabi ones again. There was still a spark in them, and a kind of tense reluctance that most would come to expect from the Regulus, but she listened. Even when he named his payment, she listened, and managed to keep her face stony though she wanted to laugh. Such a remark from another male would have irritated her, these smooth-talkers who traded in women's forced smiles, but Shikoba's grin was so stupid that it smoothed over any heated feelings.

"Oh, is that all," she said, and did smirk as she picked up the knife again, brandishing it at him. But she set it aside a moment later and scooted a little closer to him, grabbing for the second rabbit. "I will let you eat the first one as payment," she said seriously. "Maybe the second, depending on how hungry this stress makes me."

She eyed him, and something in her gaze was reminiscent of a predator that very much liked to watch rabbits.

"You gonna shift though, or is this technique of yours miraculous?"

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:42 am

SHIKOBA WHIPLASH
[ 837 ]

Shikoba, wtf

She looked surprisingly thoughtful about his question, and the coymutt wondered if anyone had ever asked her about it before. It seemed something any friend, or parent, would ask, but, given Vicira’s poor demonstration of skinning thus far, perhaps, she had failed to bring up the subject to anyone else; or, it was a recently decided decision. Shikoba listened to her explanation, and it took everything in him to not blurt out anything immature that would end with him being riddled with shards from her icy glare or with that blade of hers as a new body ornament.

At the end of it all, the Tirones offered her a soft smirk. “Nothin’s ever easy to start out with, sweetheart.” He looked her over and then did the same to the mutilated rabbit. “Takes practice to get good at somethin’ unless you’re just one of them natural freaks that can do it from birth.” The male grinned as if he had made some sort of joke.

And his grin did nothing but widen when the dark woman snorted at him. Shikoba had been about to lay a comical kiss on her outstretched hands when a word belatedly registered. He jerked his head back, offended. “Hold up. ‘Almost?’” He squawked. “Was there somethin’ wrong with the last one?” He was referring to the winnings from the horse race they had had some time ago. The fact that his tail was still wagging though indicated that he hadn’t been truly hurt by the adverb.

For a moment, he was worried his joking demands of payment might not have settled well with the pretty coyote before him. Her facial features were completely devoid of any hints or details of what she thought about them. When words finally spilled from her stony mask, Shikoba felt his heart quicken and his body suddenly went rigid.

Women were crazy creatures, and her smirk, combined with the knife returning to her hands, could have meant any number of things.

It was a false alarm though, as the blade never left her hand despite a faux show of intent to use it on his sorry hide. Seeing Vicira put the knife down and scoot closer to him caused the coymutt to dramatically drop to his backside. “Ah’mah’gahd, woman, don’t scare a fella like that!” He scolded through nervous—but playful—laughter.

The mention of food sharpened him up quickly though, and a tongue slithered out from his jaws to moisten his chops. “I knew I liked you. Orderin’ from the secret menu and knowing exactly how to win a man over.” He stood up and shook out his fur. “Done deal! I’ll take it!”

He had been about ready to start his lesson when Vicira spoke again, her icy gaze upon him in a way that both gave him shivers of both the good and bad variety. His tail wagged stiffly behind him once more. “Oh, it’s pretty miraculous alright. And, I’ll give ya’ a private show, if that’s what you’re askin’ for,” he drawled, winking suggestively at her.

Shikoba let his words set for on a few seconds before cackling at his own humor. He leaned back onto his haunches and began to shift up into his Optime form. Unlike many, he wasn’t embarrassed by others watching, as well, he wasn’t afraid that Vicira might get a wild hair and suddenly stab him mid-shift either. The process was relatively quick and easy, as he often switched between the three forms, particularly between Lupus and Optime. When he was finished, he brushed the long strands of hair that were normally braided over his shoulder so that they would be out of the way.

He waggled his eyebrows at Vicira as if to egg her on into saying something that would either stroke his ego or give him something to overreact to.

The Tirones rocked up onto his feet and rolled over onto his knees as he reached out to retrieve the knife. He gestured for her to switch him for the rabbit. “I trust you won’t butcher me with it like you did the other guy?” He teased before getting to business. “First thing’s first. Ya’ gotta string ‘em up like the fucker got somethin’ in his pockets and you don’t wanna be diggin’ in ‘em all day.”

He held up the rabbit by its feet in one hand to demonstrate. He then shuffled his grip so that his hands each grasped one foot. “Spread ‘em, cowboy.” Shikoba commanded the dead rabbit, forcing the deceased to promptly spread its legs as if it were heeding his demand.

“Now, real slow, start by cuttin’ a circle around his ankles. Not too deep though! You don’t want to hurt the damn thing.” It was already dead. “Just give it enough that you can see his fleshy bits. Rabbit skin comes off real easy, you’ll see in a sec.”

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

POSTED: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:15 am

His smile and remark caught her off-guard, as he seemed to be adept at, but Vicira threw him a half-hearted glare as if to declare that she knew that, it was obvious that she needed to practice to get good at something. At the same time, though, the reassurance helped her a little. Her prickling fur lay flat again.

Vicira did grin as he asked what was wrong with the last kiss. “You didn’t put your heart into it,” she said. “So half-assed. I need to know you’d do a good job.”

It was dangerous ground for the Tears girl to tread, and her memories whispered warnings to her, but she shrugged them away. She was just making a joke; there was no need to worry about it. She wasn’t about to let Shikoba become another Marlowe—even though his theatrical exclamations and smooth remarks tempted her in various ways. It was best to assume that everything was just safe, and to let herself smirk and glare and laugh as needed.

“Now I know I can bribe you with just a couple skinless rabbits,” she remarked. “You set the price real low, Whiplash. Should've haggled.”

Then his body began to change, and her eyes hungrily watched the transformation—where muscles slid, joints shifted, bones lengthened, where coyote became man. He wasn’t as tall as she was in Optime, but it didn’t matter; where he was tall and thick in Lupus, his Optime build showcased a lean, athletic build—that of a worker, like hers. When he waggled his brows at her, she contemplated saying something sultry, but instead she gave a small laugh and pointed.

“I dunno about those ponytails coming out the side of your head,” she said, referring to the locks of hair normally braided with feathers, “but altogether, not bad.”

Vicira scooted closer and offered him the rabbit, her eyes bright and eager now, and at his wild descriptions she didn’t bother to suppress a giggle. “All right, apparently I’ve been going at this entirely the wrong way,” she jested, and snorted when he spread the poor bunny’s legs. He indicated the ankles, and she shifted her grip on the knife.

“Watch your hands,” she said, and began to cut. “Is this too deep?” She was a little more careful on the second ankle, and saw the skin separate from the flesh. “So now what?”

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:18 pm

SHIKOBA WHIPLASH
[ 791 ]

I'm pretty sure, that if Shikoba were ever a father, he’d be the one that made ALL the dad jokes, hahahahahaha

A loud scoff rumbled from his throat at Vicira’s vicious review of their last encounter. “To be fair, sweetness, I was tryin’ to be a—” he coughed and tried to talk in the most sophisticated-sounding accent that he could think of. He sat up a little straighter and tossed his head as if his place in the world was above everyone else in it. “—ahem, Gentleman.” He peered at her out of the corner of his eye, breaking his arrogant stance. “That, and I’m pretty sure you’d’of kicked my ass if I’d tried anything more than that.” It had been true. If Diego had seemed hesitant of her wrath, Shikoba would have been a fool to not heed the warning signs from a fellow male.

The act dropped as he continued, and a Cheshire grin spread widely across his muzzle. His sharp ears hadn’t missed the choice of words she’d used. “Are you indicatin’ there’ll be somethin’ special happenin’ later though, hmm?” He winked and waggled his eyebrows. Even if she was offering, Shikoba would likely be too conservative to react to such suddenness. He knew his place fairly well, and no one just fucked the Chieftain’s daughter and got away unscathed if things went south, particularly not someone as low as he in the ranks.

“Man’s gotta eat,” he reasoned with a nonchalant shrug when she made a jab at his lack of negotiation skills. “Besides, who wouldn’t wanna dine next to a pretty lady such as you?” He was hoping she wouldn’t send him away to eat his meal once everything was said and done. She amused him so, and he rather liked the thought of entertainment during a light meal.

A high-pitched whine emanated from his throat as she poked fun at his unbraided pieces of hair. “Always gotta find somethin’ to nag about, don’t ‘cha?” He pouted, “Can’t just say a somethin’ nice and leave it at that?” If he were someone of lesser confidence, he’d be crying from all of her knife-riddled words. Shikoba was someone who rather enjoyed the playful back and forth banter though, and he took pride in the hidden compliment of his Optime figure.

Vicira’s comment caused Shikoba to grin, and he nodded pointedly at the mangled mess of her first skinning attempt. “Cottontail’s friend over there would be inclined to agree.” His wasabi gaze moved back to the Regulus, “Me? I’d say that you just took a non-traditional approach to it, that’s all.”

To her command when she began to cut, he mockingly stared at his hands with a concentrated look. “I’m watchin’ ‘em. You gonna make ‘em do a trick or somethin’?” He teased with a smirk. Despite his playfulness, he was sure to watch her progress for any mistakes. A knife wasn’t something to play with, and, since she was just learning to skin, he didn’t want to botch her lesson by being too busy fooling around.

He shook his head, “No, this one’s good. You’ll figure out the right amount of pressure with a bit of practice anyways. All it does is keep ya’ from puttin’ too much effort into somethin’ so small.” When she had finished and had asked for the next direction, he passed one of the legs off to one hand again.

“You gotta slice up from the cuts ya’ just made and up his backside like this.” He indicated with a clawed digit. “Go just short of his hairy lil’ balls. Like you’re pissed off at your girl friend’s mate for cheatin’, but know that it ain’t your place to snip ‘im, but ya’ still wanna remind ‘im that you could if she gave ya’ the order to.” He snorted. “You can make up your own story for a gal. Either way, you stop just short of their privy parts.”

He held spread the rabbit’s legs once more and let her cut away before he moved to the next step. “Trade me.” He held out a hand for the knife. “The next step will show ya’ just how easy rabbit skin is to take off.”

Once the items were traded, he placed the knife down beside them and reached over to the rabbit to peel back the skin on one of the legs. “Just peel it back from where you cut him. When you reach where his legs meet the body, just pull on the skin here and here—” He indicated to the crotch area and the area just above the rabbit’s tail. “—and it’ll break away from his backside.”

Shikoba Whiplash

Songbird

Break me down

Dead Topics