A change is as good as a rest

[P; Jehan]

POSTED: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:43 am

329 Words

Cartier returned to the Mansion with the pup in his arms. She still continued to whine and squirm about as he took her to the room that he shared with Jehan. He had to tell his lover about the new addition to their little family as there was no way that he could possibly give her up now. She needed them, or at least that was how Cartier felt. Or perhaps it was really him that needed her. Perhaps it was him that needed to see that someone could be abandoned and still turn out okay. Also he needed to ascertain that he wasn't like his mother and wouldn't abandon his young, that it wasn't genetic to abandon someone.

The coyote smiled when he saw the mutt stretched out among the furs, taking a nap or else just having not risen yet. After all Cartier did rise early to take care of his patrols and it hadn't been light for too long. Cartier took careful steps into the room, avoiding the floorboards that would make noise should he step on them, and crossed the room to where Jehan slept.

Once he was next to his mate's side he crouched down and placed the puppy on his chest. Serenity nuzzled into the warmth and immediately began poking around to find a source of sustenance. She suckled hungrily at the dog's chest but obviously found nothing to drink. Cartier grinned as he watched the little girl. He still had to find his sister but he figured that he needed to speak with Jehan first. He didn't know if his husband would understand as Cartier had spoken minimally about his mother. But then Jehan had never said too much about his own mother either. Still Cartier had explained that Vesper had raised him so Jehan knew he was adopted and perhaps he would be able to perceive how important it was to him to give this found child a family as well.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

POSTED: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:55 pm

The morning was like most. Cartier was early to rise, slipping out at the break of dawn or even when the world was still swathed in dewy shadow. Jehan tended to stir at that hour to make sure that the kids were all right; they stayed with the couple almost all the time now that they were weaning, and more than once an adventurous or ambitious pup had tried to toddle outside after their daddy in the name of exploration.

Vesper had stopped by that morning, though, and snuck the children away—allowing Jehan to sleep as he wished. And he did, napping heavily on the furs, dreaming odd dreams.

His dream became much, much stranger when a mouth clamped around his nipple, and with a small yelp the little dog sat upright at once. The sensation of a fluffy body against his chest made him wrap an arm around the bundle quickly, but the scent in his nostrils was a wild one: forest, dirt, uncertainty, and purely coyote. It wasn’t Maggie or Oriole.

“What the—” Jehan stared down at the puppy, a little lankier than the coydog pups, but cradled her carefully in his arm before turquoise eyes flashed up at Cartier. His mate’s grin frightened him as much as it reassured him. “Who is this? Whose is this?”

Raze
Luperci Don't be salty.
A fool's gold

POSTED: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:10 pm

335 Words

The little girl's suckling served to further remind Cartier that a trip to visit Versace was in order. But first he had to make certain that Jehan was on board with this decision. There was no changing Cartier's mind on this subject so he simply had to get his lover to see things his way. He didn't really want to cause a rift in this relationship while it was still in its infancy, but he also couldn't turn his back on the coyote pup now that he had brought her back with him.

Her name is Serenity and she is ours. He reached out to stroke the pup's back when she started to whine once more. I have to take her to see Versace so she can be fed but I wanted you to meet her first. He looked from the pup and studied his mate's face. She was all alone and crying when I found her. There was no one around. She's been abandoned. I couldn't leave her all alone. She would have starved to death. Cartier's brow was creased in worry that Jehan wouldn't understand why he was doing what he was doing. She has no one. She needs us. His voice pleaded with the mutt to understand.

His eyes shifted to the pup whom had given up trying to nurse and just cried instead. She is perfect, isn't she? Granted she wasn't currently living up to the name that she as saddled up with but could anyone blame her? We already have two so what is one more going to hurt? He was careful to not look at Jehan as he said that, giving away the he wasn't really feeling as calm as the breezy nature of the words suggested. Just looking at the set of his shoulders it was easy to tell that he was tense and nervous. He was taking a risk at throwing everything away for a single puppy that had no sort of relationship to them at all.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

POSTED: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:50 am

00+

The small coyote pup nestled in his arms, seeking comfort and warmth when it became clear to her that she wouldn't get nutrition from this spice- and copper-scented figure holding her. Jehan dipped his snout to nuzzle his nose gently between her ears, since he could not stroke her while holding her in his arm.

Cartier reached out to pet her when she whined, and explained that the girl -- Serenity -- was theirs. Before Jehan could get a question out, the Centurion continued. She'd been abandoned, would starve to death in the wild. The dog looked down at the small creature, who'd begun to cry again with hunger, then up at his mate -- who carefully avoided Jehan's gaze, his body tense.

Cartier, the Outsider said, and flashed him a reassuring smile over the pup. You had me at abandoned, babe. She needs us and I'm not gonna turn her away.

Jehan would likely have died, too, if Jairus hadn't taken pity on the weak, three-legged runt and spirited him away from the junkyard. Jehan's life had been traded for a couple bottles of alcohol, but Serenity needed no such bartering to find her way into the little mutt's heart.

At least she's coyote, he added after a moment. I don't think anyone here would turn her away. He licked her face and ears in an attempt to soothe her whimpering. We can take her to Versace now if you want.

Raze
Luperci Don't be salty.
A fool's gold

POSTED: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 pm

313 Words

All tension fled his body in a rush when Jehan agreed to taking in the pup. A relieved smile worked its way across his lips as he shyly looked back up at Jehan. Thank you. You don't know how much this means to me. There is no difference between her or Magpie and Oriole. She wouldn't be blood to Jehan as Magpie and Oriole were but he expected her to be treated the exact same. He didn't really expect to have to actually worry about that with the dog since he easily accepted Serenity into their family, plus he knew all about Cartier being adopted. He even knew some of the worries that Cartier had about not being loved or wanted by his birth parents. His abandonment issues flared up whenever the spitz male wished to take long trips outside of Inferni.

His smile grew when Jehan licked at the pup to comfort her, already slipping into the parenting role that he took with Magpie and Oriole. I wouldn't let anyone turn her away. I'm Centurion, what I say goes. He had never pulled rank before but he would if he had to when it concerned the matter of Serenity. I'm sure Mom will agree with me. She loves pups. That was obvious with the way Vesper already doted upon Magpie and Oriole.

I don't think it is about what I want but about what she needs. Cartier shifted so that he could stand. Do you want to carry her? The coyote glanced towards their door. Do you think she will mind? You don't think she is too busy, do you? Worry crept back into his voice again. He was still working towards mending his relationship with Versace and so he wasn't certain of his presence would be accepted. He was more worried about himself being rejected rather than Serenity being shunted aside.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

POSTED: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 pm

“No,” Jehan agreed, smiling at his mate as he held their newest daughter, “there isn’t.”

Theirs was a patchwork family, but this wasn’t improper to the dog. He knew that Cartier had been raised by a pair of females after his mother died, and Jehan had been neglected – possibly orphaned, since he doubted now that his mother could have lived much longer with all the alcohol she put into her system. They had Clover, too, another girl who turned her back on her own neglectful mother.

Anyone who said that family meant blood was a fool.

He nodded when Cartier spoke of his rank, and again when he mentioned Vesper’s attachment to puppies. While he still thought the Aquila was a fearsome and feral creature who seemed to delight in giving him scary looks, he did agree that she’d taken to the role of “Meemaw” with surprising enthusiasm.

He started to stand too, though it was an awkward process without a second arm to brace himself up off the floor. He rocked to his feet and kept the coyote pup pressed to his chest, coming to Cartier’s side. “Yeah, I can,” he said, and smiled reassuringly, butting his cheek against the man’s shoulder. “I don’t think she’s too busy for a hungry pup. She should understand, too. I will try to find some jewelry for her to make up for the trouble, though.” He didn’t think Versace would turn Serenity away or be displeased by the situation, but he was more worried about tiring the woman. Thankfully, the pup seemed about the age where she could start to be weaned, a little older than their own children – so it wouldn’t be long.

Raze
Luperci Don't be salty.
A fool's gold

POSTED: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:34 pm

320 Words

The coyote male grinned hugely when the dog agreed with his assessment. This is one of the reasons why I love you. You are so accepting of everything. He gave an affectionate lick to Jehan's cheek. He would have never imagined that he would have ever ended up with someone like Jehan. Granted he never thought that he would come out about his preferences. Still, even if he had, he thought he would have ended up with a warrior, not a smart-mouthed trader. But Jehan grew on him and before he knew it he was falling in love.

Cartier reached out to steady Jehan once the other male had gotten to his feet. He didn't want to make Jehan feel helpless so he just rested his hand on the small of his mate's back. She is going to be so beautiful when she gets bigger. We are going to have to chase all the guys off. Maggie will likely beat off her own suitors. At least she seemed to do a fair job of chewing on her brother. He could see her continuing the habit as she grew older.

You are very good at bribery. He grinned and bumped his hip against Jehan while he walked at the dog's side towards his sister's room. He kept his hand resting on the small of Jehan's back, having grown more comfortable with such casual touches. And since his sister knew all about his relationship and was on the road to forgiving his for him choices he didn't mind such small displays in front of her either. He also didn't really try to shove it in her face either and kept himself limited to small touches, mostly hand holding. He would never kiss Jehan in front of his sister but he didn't think that holding his lover's hand would be too big of a deal considering what she had done with Jehan before.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
DEAD
Luperci
fire on the hillside
sinner

Dead Topics