then i opened my eyes and the nightmare was me

POSTED: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Continued from this thread!

why are you strivin' these days, tryin' to earn grace?

This last spark of open fire was easily quenched as the woman explained that whoever had injured her would pay, and Levent only smiled in bitter understanding. He was sure that they would—with their souls, their lives, their children’s and grandchildren’s lives. One didn’t get on the dark side of Amy Sunders and survive for very long; one didn’t get on any of her sides, if they could help it.

The blonde dog walked down the path, and as per their supernormal bond Levent followed blindly behind her, one hand gripping the horse’s reins and the other splayed over the warm bulge underneath his shirt. He nodded as she talked, silent until she spoke of the tea again. “Any flavor is fine,” he answered somewhat hoarsely, and fell into silence again until the house came into view. He glanced at the other horse and nickered a greeting, one that Mai echoed with more enthusiasm as she jerked out of her handler’s grasp and trotted over to the equine with a flurry of friendly overtures.

After taking care of the mare, the brown wolf turned back to the woman and looked her over again curiously, holding Wilson with both arms now as if that could protect him (as if he could protect anything he loved). He frowned then spoke in an even tone, not quite sure where the words were pouring from.

“I was in Halifax for weeks. I couldn’t break away from my pack, not fully. But then I hurt a girl.” He looked idly at his claws. “I hurt her very bad.” His English grew more simplistic and flawed, letting this carry the weight of his statements even though one arm tenderly cradled the sleepy cat and his expression was neutral. “She died. Then I said bad words to an old pack mate, but did not hurt her.”

Levent blinked slowly. “You did—you did something to me.”

idfk where this came from >__> ; 320 words

sürüden ayrýlan koyunu kurt kapar

POSTED: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59 pm

She nodded her head. It was a shame, but she hadn't actually expected any better from him after the display he had just shown. He had grown so weak. Amy didn't know if he'd be able to become stronger again. The horse only lifted it's head slightly as Levent's mare came over. The horse had been broken since coming into Amy's care. It managed a couple bleak nudges before lowering it's head to eat once more. Amy headed straight into the house, leaving Levent to deal with his horse. His treatment was much different than hers, and clearly wasn't getting the same results.

She placed the water over the fireplace letting it heat up. Tea leaves were placed in the teapot for the water to be added to. With everything settled down she turned, listening as Levent spoke. Interest flickered in her eyes, slowly letting a grin spread. So he was changing. He might be broken right now, but he wasn't as useless as she had figured he might have ended up. His bitterness didn't bother her. What mattered is that he had done it. There would be no going back. "I did nothing. I can't force you to do anything. I simply let you break the barriers keeping you back."

DEAD
Bria
Luperci Matchmaker: Pair Who'd Make the Most Dysfunctional Babies with Itzal!

POSTED: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 pm

His nose twitched at the scent of the tea leaves, but otherwise he showed no response to the stimuli around him, choosing to ignore the pathetic horse and the more concerned and impatient noises Mai was beginning to make to her reluctant friend. He saw the blonde dog grinned, and a deep part of him wanted to claw the expression off her face; didn’t she see what he was now? He exhaled loudly then pricked his ears when she spoke.

“Barriers,” Levent echoed. Had he always been like this? He’d had loose morals, he’d always had them: and the drive to do whatever it took, whatever it took, to achieve his goal. He recognized that Cercatori d’Arte had brought out his tender side, allowed him to reach back through time and grab the boy he’d been, unmolded by years on the road and the hard knocks of life. It had also softened him, he could almost see, had destroyed all his purpose and set him forth on a new path. Whatever path that had been, he couldn’t go back to it now, not with his babies dead.

“What do I do now?” He looked at her and shook his head. “I hurt people. I admit I’ll probably hurt them again. But what is the point of any of it?” His hands wandered over the feline bulge, tender, the only thing tender about him as he curled his lip scornfully. “What I did wasn’t ruthless. I understand ruthlessness. What I did was hurt, out of anger, out of spite. What can you do with that, your own weakness?” This violence in him was weakness, just as much as his softness had been.

Last edited by Levent Kartal on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POSTED: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:13 pm

She waited patiently as he absorbed her words. It didn't look like he quite understood right away. He was such a sweet soul, so innocent of how life worked. Now he was learning how to walk in the path that Amy forged. She knew how to survive there, and would be willing to help him. He was hers, after all, and even after that small show of defiance he'd given she still held great affection for him. He was molded to her so perfectly, and never ceased to please her in some small way. With the punishment dealt out Amy trusted he wouldn't act up again.

Turning back as the water boiled Amy carefully poured it into the teapot. The hot water was set aside as she delicately handled the pot, pouring it into each cup with care. The fragrant scent of the tea filled the air, steeped and ready to drink. Picking up the cups she walked over to Levent, her tail swaying as she held his out. Learn control. Such violence doesn't have to be a weakness. You can take it, and shape it into a tool that you can use. Such a tool will be hard to learn how to wield, and it's nothing the barbarians will ever be able to grasp. I believe you have the potential for it however.

DEAD
Bria

POSTED: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:11 pm

The blonde dog—the she-devil, the merchant, the master of their bond—poured the tea and offered him the cup as if he were an old friend coming to visit. This was no cozy winter porch, however, or an inn’s sitting room before a hearth. It was a bleak autumn, beautiful but a pointless kind of beauty, much like the goods he traded. They had value, yes, but you couldn’t eat silver and gold, and books were only lovely until you needed them for tinder. The life of a merchant was a life of lies, of haggling and convincing others that what you were offering them was something they couldn’t live without.

Levent did not regard the things he couldn’t live without, because he must always live; he must always live or he’d surely experience an eternity of fire and brimstone. He took the cup and closed his eyes as the scented steam wafted toward his nostrils, blanketing his face in warm moisture. He lapped at the drink, sipping in the clumsy way of canines, then regarded her quietly as she explained this weakness was his new strength.

“I will no longer hold back when it’s time.” The brown wolf ventured to guess at his strength, though he was certain he was only seeing a puzzle piece of a whole. He shook his head and decided that was a mystery for another day; if this was a blessing rather than a curse (but it was always a curse) then he would see how it served him in time. For now, his mind trailed across their invisible link, her meat hooks in his shoulder.

“We are one and the same,” Levent said with a glint of yellowed teeth. “So what have you done to anger the Luperci who’ve done this to you?” He nodded toward her injured arm, pausing to take another drink. “Just so I know how not to make the same mistake,” he offered in his usual nonchalant, innocent voice, though his eyes were cold over the heat of the tea. “Or so I know how to…repay them for their good deeds.”

Levent's trying so hard to be evil and he's got a big cat-bulge the entire time. >______>

POSTED: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Amy lapped gently at the tea, doing her best to keep her finesse while she struggled with one arm. She couldn't show weakness, and wouldn't before him. Her broken arm was kept still, balancing the cup with her other arm as she drank from it. She looked over him, the cat curled contentedly around his waist. It was a very civilized scene there, sharing tea and discussing their problems calmly and maturely. It certainly was something she missed. Kohaku was learning, but he was young and still more feral than she would like. It took work to get that level.

Shaking her head she smiled, taking another soothing sip. He didn't quite get it, but he would. Levent had a way to go before he understood what had been unleashed inside him. If he wasn't careful his dear cat would be a victim before that happened. Her tail wagged at Levent's next words. Clever. He was already figuring out how to view the situation. You can avoid it if you like. A barbaric pack decided that it was tired of being pawns in my game. I didn't want to quit. Amy still didn't feel that she'd done anything particularly wrong. It wasn't like they were anyone that mattered.

DEAD
Bria

POSTED: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 am

--

It was strange that he could come here in anger, in self-exile, with the thought held in his mind that this woman was responsible for the death of his children—and then settle down to drink tea with her not long after. It was strange, and it was insane, but Levent was no longer sure about many things in his life anymore. He wished now that he’d never left his homeland, because while there were plenty of dangers in the city streets and twisted games being played, they were mostly familiar to him. This new world, with its tightly-knit packs, its lonely dead cities, was a torture to him in many other ways, and it was all unfamiliar. He’d only felt such pain a few times, one of those with Agape, but losing her—losing her hadn’t been the same was losing Hotaru.

He closed his eyes momentarily, but just as the blonde dog betrayed no weakness as she drank around her broken arm, Levent allowed himself no more than an instant of composing himself before swallowing more warm tea. He was careful not to spill any down himself, not wanting Wilson to wake and know what was happening, and hoped that the cat would continue to sleep for a long time. Wilson was the only untainted piece of his life left.

Amy wagged her tail and remarked only vaguely on the details of what had happened, but Levent was used to that by now. He nodded, knowing that he wasn’t quite ready to commit himself to anything like that yet. Already there were wolves in Cercatori d’Arte that hated him for leaving, and he didn’t want to make the number of enemies that Amy had. His job was to play the fool, to simper and dance and mutter his silly foreign tongue—until he stabbed his target in the back. It was better to be laughed at if not loved.

I will be going to Freetown, Levent announced, moving on. I need to see what goods I can acquire from there, and then I’ll wander through this godforsaken place making a living like I had before, until my life is stable again. And then we’ll see. He was not sure why he was announcing these plans to her, but it felt better to state them out loud; the warm tea had seemed to have cleared his mind, and his emotions were settled now.

POSTED: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Amy watched Levent compose himself. It looked like he hadn't been completely shattered after all. Perhaps there was still a chance that he would pull himself together and be usable. Perhaps. It would take time before he learned what to do with this new self he'd discovered. Amy had time though. She wasn't going to rush such a fine canine into doing anything he didn't want to do. She listened to his plan calmly. Well then, looks like we'll be competitors. This will be fun. A smile lit up her features. She wouldn't harm Levent for choosing that path. If anything it would be a fun game competing against him.

Placing her cup down Amy moved over to Levent was. He was hers, now and always. Amy wouldn't stand in his way, as long as he bent to her when it was requested. Leaning over him she licked his cheek gently, and moved in close to plant a kiss on his nose. If you need anything, just ask. It was a two way street. He gave her what she wanted, and in exchange he could call on her. She didn't break her deals. Amy let her hand trace over the scar on his shoulder before stepping away again, tail wagging.

DEAD
Bria

POSTED: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 pm

-- :| Aaaaand there goes the last time they ever see each other in this world.

The woman mentioned them being competitors, and Levent was nearly startled into worry before he caught her smile and offered an almost friendly grin in return. Or partners, he said, hoping to butter her up just a little bit. I’d defer to you for most things, of course, and we can share what we get. But one of us might as well prosper while you’re busy dealing with your little barbarian pack problem. He winked and sipped at more tea, almost feeling normal, knowing how much he was fucking kidding himself. He might as well fool himself while he was fooling the rest of the world, though.

The blonde dog rose, and his washed-out blue eyes watched her attentively until she leaned in close to kiss his cheek and then the tip of his nose. It was a would-be tender gesture, unexpected despite the close affection they’d shared before, and he nearly lost himself again. Fighting to keep himself calm, to not break down, he smiled weakly and nodded.

Thank you, the Turkish man said—to the she-devil, to the one who’d cursed his children, to the one who’d gotten a grip on him that could never be escaped. He didn’t even wince when she brushed her hand over the mass of scar tissue.

But when the pleasantries were over, the two merchants departing, and he was riding on his horse again toward the trading town, his beloved friend still curled sleeping against him, Levent wept.

Dead Topics