Those who Travel

POSTED: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Ooc- Feel free to interrupt his dinner! Wc-261
_____________________________________________________________________________________
After traveling non-stop for so long, could you blame him for not staying in one place so soon after returning. Even before he had come to Souls’ he had never stayed in one place for too long. Being traded and sold every other month was something he was used to. So at heart he was a vagabond, not having any true reason to stay in one place for very long. He wanted to learn what there was to know about the place so he decided to journey. That and to get people to quit telling him to get out of his room.

So here Addler, the blinded vagabond, found himself. Far from Fort Kingsbury, after a four days’ journey by foot in seculi form. Poking a small and yet to fully develop fire under the late days setting sun. stormy blue eyes glinted, hit white and patch fur a mess and slightly matted. Not that he cared, he wasn’t trying to impress anyone.

Once he felt that the fire was sufficiently going he grabbed two nearby sticks and sharpened them with a crudely fashioned knife. The blade was made from scrap metal scraped across a whet stone until razor sharp, then bound by two pieces of dark oak wood and wrapped in leather for grip. It wasn’t pretty but got the job done. After all the sword he used for combat was too big for job such as this.

Once Addler sharpened the two sticks to a point he skewered a few squirrels and planted them around the fire to cook.
Last edited by Addler on Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:00 am

• Word Count: [300+]
  • Date: --
  • Time: --
  • Form: Optime
Hi! Have a Szenne ~ maybe Addler could tell her about Casa's slave policy! :)

The Western Tangles had to have been the farthest she had travelled from Anathema’s current location. However, that wasn’t to say that it had been an unfamiliar land to her. Though, in its current condition, it was certainly different from the ones she remembered. It was home to her, surely, but home sure did change while she was away. From when the red star fell and the lands quaked with reason, new cracks split along the old territories and new waters filled them. As she looked out into one of the new rivers, she wondered just how deep its banks were. Was it one of those waters that had no bottom? Did the fish underneath swim to the depths of the earth?

There had been a glow to the north, away from the river veins that snaked through her old home. She had yet to see what happened to the Trenches, yet to see what happened to the Blackmoor Castle that sat so sinister and yet so close to the disaster area. But such things were unimportant at the moment. Dinner was most important and she had yet to catch anything.

With dagger in hand and her bow slung across her back, Szenne approached the glow out of curiosity. She wasn’t against stealing dinner from another, but on her mind, a couple squirrels were only enough to hold her over, not exactly Lukos or anyone else he decided to invite over for dinner. Szenne was looking for something larger she could take down.

As she approached the fire, the first thing she noticed on the white-furred man sitting around it were his scars – peculiar, yet deliberate shapes scarred into both his arms. Szenne had never really paid attention to other slaves, but the marks were unquestionable.

”If I had to guess, I’d say those marks are from servitude,” she called to him, and without invitation, came to sit around his fire. She kept the dagger in her lap as she watched him for any chance that he’d be hostile or chase her away. The blade reflected the firelight. ”Which means we're in the same boat.”

It was unlike her to share her story, but seeing another in a similar situation gave her some hope. His scent of Casa di Cavalieri or her pack’s imminent conflict with them hadn’t occurred to her. It had been none of her business anyway, and if anyone asked, she would rather be on anyone’s side than Anathema’s.

like devil's tinctures, he'd drink her liquor and go blind

Kitty | MercuryCode | Sunny_mjx | Table by Sammiie

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:55 pm

ooc- *wink* *wink* she is just his type :P wc- 300+
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The patchy female’s actions had surprised Addler. While he had heard her coming he had not expected that she would be so brash as to just out right walk up to him and sit.

“Well at least I don’t need to hide this anymore.” Addler said as he stabbed his rudimentary blade onto one of the squirrels, “If you wait a few more moments they will be done.”

During his journey he had found that a little hospitality goes a long way with strangers. Even though there wasn’t much there he would offer a little and send her along, or so he thought.

Addler prodded the fire lightly. “Only one is a mark off slavery.” He said after a while, “The other is a mark of my tribe and our beliefs,”

Addler pulled his blade out, cutting off a piece of it and turned to offer it to her. Only now did he have the chance to examine her, and he was struck by her. She was beautiful, the light of the fire glimmered brightly in her light green eyes. Her coat was well kept, and managed, and her face was a something that most could only dream about. Also the way she held herself told him she was a free and determined spirit like himself.

After she accepted the piece he wiped the blade off on his green cargo shorts and placed it back in his satchel. He didn’t think he would be having need of it. “I’m no longer a slave now though,” He continued doing his best to distract himself, “I escaped from a caravan that pasted by Casa di Cavalieri, and then they accepted me as one of their own.”

He prodded the fire too keep it from dying out before continuing, “It wasn’t even for a selfish reason, they just wanted to help me.”
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:47 am

Until she opens her mouth LOL

He put away his blade, but she didn’t. Szenne was the careful type. Just because he seemed confident enough to put away his, didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to whip it out at lightning speed and use it against her. She preferred to be safe than sorry, and she preferred to be prepared. Szenne watched as the white-furred Wolf adjusted the squirrels over the fire, and eventually handed her one. Cooked meat. It wasn’t something she indulged in often, but it was part of one of her skillsets. Though, she preferred to season the meat a bit to give it flavor. The man, however, didn’t seem to have that luxury available.

The cooked squirrel would do, however. ”Thanks.”

Using her dagger and leg crease to hold the stick steady, Szenne cut a piece of meat from the charred little rodent. The meat inside steamed and she blew on it before tossing it into her mouth. She only nodded in acknowledgement to the marks branded into his arms. So, one was slavery and the other was a tribe. He gestured to each one absently as he spoke, and Szenne studied the slavery branding more. It was a crude, scarred mark – done with least care and probably haste. Quickly, and on to the next. She was lucky to not have to be branded.

”Casa di Cavalieri?” Szenne asked, chewing. She heard of this place with the long, difficult name. Anathema had some kind of conflict with them. They chopped off her captor’s hand and killed another for peace. This place seemed fierce, and there was something else about them that she couldn't quite remember. ”Help ya with what?” she asked, between bites. Obviously, they took him in - but who'd want to get involved with all that sticky slavery business?

Chewing hungrily, she hummed and then swallowed. ”Name's Szenne, by the way.”

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:50 pm

ooc- Sorry this took so long, had a hurricane to prep for. Wc- 213
____________________________________________________________________________________
Addler though about how to best answer the female, Szenne’s, question. “They gave me a place to stay, food to eat and protection against the slavers if they ever tried to come for me. That’s actually one of the reasons why I stayed, there are no slaves there. No slavery, no forced labor, none of it.” The log that he had been poking flipped over in the fire, causing a momentary dim of the light.

Before long the light level returned to normal, and Addler returned his stormy blue gaze to Szenne. “Honestly they saved me. If it had not been for the kindness they showed me I would probably not be here today, I owe them my life.” Addler wiped his paws on the front of his shorts and stood up.

“Well I should probably get going.” he said picking up his satchel and a squirrel in one fluid motion. “You have the rest, don’t really need them.”

Addler half hoped that the female would ask him to say or offer to come with. He didn’t really like to be alone, but he also knew the danger of staying by the warm fire with her. None the less he still hoped that she would interject.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:05 pm

• Word Count: [000]
LOL dude it's fine! No need to apologize for that :o

Szenne was awestruck from the description of this place called Casa di Cavalieri. It sounded like the perfect place to go after she escaped. She needed to explain this place to Ronan – to see what he would say about it. The scarred male had said it – it was their hatred for slavery that made them the righteous bastards they were. Normally, Szenne would have avoided them, but if they were a way out of her predicament? Szenne would consider it.

The other man had stood during her thoughts, picked up his bag and took a squirrel with him. He announced his leave, and at once, Szenne’s heart fluttered. Already? He’d tell her that bit and leave?

”Wait. Ya leavin’ so soon?” she said, looking up at him with a furrowed brow. She would happily take the squirrels off his hands any day. But why was he leaving so soon? She wouldn’t have minded sitting around and speaking with him for a few more minutes. ”I wanna know more about ya pack,” Szenne announced. She wasn’t exactly that great at being polite. She was a “to-the-point” type of individual.

”They can probably help me and my friends.”

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:38 pm

ooc- Feel like some action? Wc- 213
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Szenne’s words made Addler feel blissful. He didn’t to be alone and it appeared that she did not either, but as much as he wanted to say by the fire he couldn’t. “If you wish to talk I don’t mind, but it can’t be here.” he said to her as his stormy blue eyes quickly darted around.

“It’s not safe. If you could see that fire so could others, and I doubt that they would be as open and kind as yourself or I.” Addler explained.

He watched the female’s expression as she thought about his words. The colors of her light tan fur augmented by the finicky and dancing light of the low fire. Her soft green eyes glinted and flashed, reflecting it in perfect design. He waited for her answer, but it came too late.

Addlers ears perked up and forward and his attention flicked away from Szenne. His eyes narrowed and focused on some distant object in the dark, and his lips curled back into a snarl. They were no longer alone.

“Get down.” Addler growled at Szenne, his soft and kind voice now hard. He dropped his canvas bag on the ground, taking only the crude blade from it. “Is this your doing?”
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:08 am

Suuure why not!

Szenne didn’t understand. One moment he was there enjoying his fire, and the next, he collected his things with frantic words of “can’t stay here,” “it’s not safe,” “others are coming.” So the hell what if they came? That’s what both of them were armed for. That’s what they carried around weapons. And if someone else wanted to make use of the fire, they could. Or they could fuck off.

’Get down’??? she growled, looking around. What did he think she was? Useless?

Szenne was about to tell him what a paranoid freak he was, but then she heard it, too. There was movement in the darkness behind them and Szenne rose quickly to her feet to find two Luperci moving towards them. Szenne’s dagger was at the ready because she never put it away. Though, she still ate the squirrel in her hand anyway because nothing seemed like a threat until it became a threat. Right now, they were being approached just like Szenne had approached Addler not ten minutes ago. There was no threat yet.

Szenne’s green eyes cast out to the darkness. The glow of the fire glinted off both of their coats, and the closer their visitors came, it soon glinted off their coats as well.

My doin’? Do ya really think I go around settin’ up lone Wolves eatin’ squirrels?” she growled. ”I go for groups. There’s much more loot to be had there… but anyway - no this ain’t my doin’!” Addler had to be out of his mind if he thought she’d set him up. He was barely an asset. He had nothing to offer but valuable information, but even then, why would she need to rob him or set others on him? She was getting off fine on her own before they showed up.

The closer the Luperci got, the more tense her Cavalieran friend seemed to get. Szenne just addressed them, ”Can I help ya’s?” Her dagger glinted in the fire’s light at her side.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 pm

ooc- and let the drama begin >:) wc- 200+
How they had found him he did not care. What he cared about was that they were there. Szenne may have denied her involvement but it didn’t shake his suspicion. What would be a better way to get him to stay in one place then to send a female and have her give him some sob story about being a slave whilst her companions sneak up on him.

As the two approached and their features became more and more visible Addler’s confidence drained away. That’s not possible… he whimpered. “You can’t be here!” his voice was frantic and stressed. His normally well composed demeanor fell apart, the fur on his spine and hackles stood on end.

A toothy grin broke out across the face of a dark black male, reviling a mouthful yellow and jagged teeth. “Hello white.”

Addler raised his blade at him, “How are you alive!” he shouted.

The male just simply grinned and said “Aw, you thought you were rid of me?” Addler’s paw begin to shake and his breath became rapid and uneven. This male the one that struck such fear in Addler is the one who brought him the most pain. This luperci is the one whom branded his arm, they are his owner.
ADDLER

Spacepanda
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:37 am

• Word Count: [000]
Merp not much given here. I figured it would be better for you to get further on with these new wolves and their interactions first ~

She addressed them and it seemed she was ignored. At once, the darker wolf addressed the Cavalieran at her side. At once, Szenne realized that she had just been tangled up in something she didn’t need to be in. Or want to be in. The slave girl fell silent and watched the situation with inquisitive green eyes between the three wolves. She also wondered if they’d even notice if she walked off or not. She may have been intrigued by Addler’s information, but that didn’t make them allies nor pack mates nor friends. Not yet. There was much at stake here, and Szenne was too busy worrying about her own freedom to worry about someone else’s, Especially a Luperci that she had just met.

Despite Addler’s visible shaking and distress, Szenne began to inch away from the exchange. She backed away from the wolves while watching all of their faces. If none of them said anything to her by the time she made good distance behind them, she’d turn and run.

Though, running seemed like a likely move no matter how the situation went. Addler’s slave master was not Szenne’s problem.

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics