Run rings around me

Milos!

POSTED: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:54 pm

OOC: Puppies are being disgusting and playing with their food xD

IC:
Eliza and Milos’ boys were growing at a rate which might have alarmed the Cormier woman had she not been aware of how much they were eating. She had joked to Storm a week or so ago that the pair of lads were going to eat them out of house and home, but with Winter round the corner that possibility occasionally seemed real. They were growing boys and too young to understand that food wasn’t always entirely plentiful.

For now, though, they were being weaned onto chunks of tender meat which their sharp puppy teeth were making short work of. Eliza was glad she had taken up falconry all those years ago, when she had been little more than a pup herself – it was another way of procuring food for the growing Cormier-Parhelion family, and though she had officially handed Bernie over to her elder daughter’s care, Liz still occasionally found gifts laying on the porch.

Today it was a plump vole which thumped down onto the wooden porch – and today Liz had been expecting it. She opened the door only to be almost run over by a pair of pudgy puppies bursting through it to sniff and paw at the small meal.

“You two share, now!” Liz ordered through a smirk as she crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame. “No, you ain’t takin’ it inside t’get guts all over our floors! Eat it out ‘ere.”

The puppies let out noises of disappointment but were soon embroiled in a tussle over who would get the juiciest portions of the rodent. Logan seized it rather unceremoniously by its head and began to drag it, looping around the small porch area – and Bramble seemed so happy to be “hunting” that he didn’t bother to protest. Liz, meanwhile, felt somewhat dizzy just watching her sons, and lowered herself to sit on the top step.

[300+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:08 pm

There were plenty of expectations that had occupied the Quartermaster's mind before and after the birth of his sons but nothing — and nobody — had prepared him for how much they ate.

They were like little wiry, miniature tornadoes, sucking up everything that they managed to fit into their fringed little mouths.

Part of it, he'd been told, was simply the nature of teething. It felt good to gnaw and gnash and nibble, even if those things weren't necessarily edible. And their needle-like puppy teeth seemed capable of finding and biting just about anything, not the least of which happened to be Milos' fingers, ears, and tail. The stark contrast of ivory on ebony seemed to draw them like sharks to blood and their father had suffered the boys' ambush on more than one occasion.

But there was more to their wild urge to chew than just teething. Logan and Bramble simply loved to eat. For a long time, while they subsisted on nothing but milk, Milos had felt useless to Eliza and tried to make up for it by doing anything and everything else that he possibly could for her. But now that his sons were gradually being weaned from their mother's milk, he hunted regularly to keep the boys fed. But considering their insatiable appetites, he wondered if they wouldn't eventually eat them out of house and pack.

He arrived in Fiskebyn in time to see the boys tussling over some unfortunate creature, an amused grin on his face. But his mate's dizzying sit drew his eyes and he picked up his pace, sweeping to her side empty-handed and feeling unworthy. "Okay, Liz?" he asked her, squeezing her shoulder with a calloused hand. Concern dulled the usual shine in his eyes. Whatever the reason, prey had been scarce today and the one opportunity he managed to find for a sizable meal escaped his spear by a hair's width. "What've they found now?"

OOC: hahahhaha oh god these boys <333

[WC — 333]

Mandi
Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 pm

OOC: THIS ENTIRE FAMILY <3

IC:
Her arms came to cross over her knees and she lay her head on them, wondering vaguely if Willow had had this much energy and hunger, when the sideways form of her mate appeared. Liz rebuffed his concern with a soft click of her tongue. She lifted her gaze to show Milos that amusement was dancing in her eyes, and pressed her wiry cheek against the hand which rested on her shoulder for a moment. “Knackerin’ just watchin’ ‘em.”

“I en’t thought t’ identify it, if I’m honest,” she told him with an exaggerated shudder followed by a twitch of her lips beneath her fiery beard. “The birds bin bringin’ things for ‘em – reck’n it’s their way o’ tryin’ to help.” Her gaze grazed her sons, still racing around the porch, and it was filled with love as it always was. “Either that or it’s their way o’ tryin’ t’ tell me I en’t bin takin’ em huntin’ enough.” Eliza wouldn’t have put it past Bernie to get the hump with her for producing yet more children to steal her time and attention from falconry.

Dizziness seemed to have caught up with the pups at long last, and they paused in their grisly games to bound towards their parents. Bramble – somehow – squeezed between Liz and the porch railing, while Logan placed his large forepaws on his Ma’s narrow shoulders. Liz grinned as a series of noises which were well on their way to being “Da”s and “Daddy”s emerged from the pair.

“Ack, Logan, ya gettin’ dead animal in my hair?!” she pretended to protest, gently removing the child’s paws from her shoulders and standing to offer Milos a kiss. “Best stay out ‘ere while they dispose of whatever it is they’ve bin brought. Tell us how yer day’s bin, though, love? I’m all ears – the bits o’ me that en’t dead rodent, that is.”

[300+]

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:04 pm

In the depths of those pools of warm maple he had so grown to love, Milos was relieved to a glimmer of amusement. His smile deepened as her cheek warmed the subtle chill from his fingers. He shifted sunny eyes back upon his boys, who were dismembering the unfortunate creature quickly between them. "Reckon they're quite th' entertainment," he replied with a chuckle as Logan shot the thing up in the air with a violent jerk of his liver nose. It was pounced upon almost immediately by his odd-eyed brother.

"Better that way, prob'ly," he offered, lowering himself down beside his mate. He wrapped his arm more securely around her shoulder and listened as she spoke of her birds. Raptors, whether from his past or because of his preference for hoofstock, had never been a subject of much interest to the Quartermaster. But he respected his mate's passion for falconry and enjoyed listening to the stories and memories she shared with him. Avians, like any of his precious hoofed animals, seemed to have quite unique personalities. "Or," he began with a wry grin, his tongue rolling out of his mouth humorously. "Might be they just like seein' their mistress all covered in pieces'n bits."

No sooner this alternative motive been offered than the boys ceased their macabre play and turned their sticky, stinky affections upon their parents. Milos laughed as Bramble clambered onto Eliza's lap while Logan smeared something unrecognizable in his mother's fiery curls. "Logan!" he chuckled, picking up Logan and holding him against his chest. "En't nice t' put things in your ma's hair."

While Logan licked and nipped at his father's chin, Milos tried to pull the gristle from his mate's mane. He lowered his ears apologetically. "Would'a been better'f I managed a catch'," he replied truthfully. "But maybe Zyndy's had better luck fishin'n I had huntin'." A piece of something stuck between Logan's toes caught the Guppy's attention long enough that Milos could focus more successfully on the state of Liz's hair. "How's 'bout you, darlin'? How's your day?"

OOC: SERIOUSLY THO x3

[WC — 363]

Mandi
Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:53 am

OOC: We can probably wrap this up whenever since it's a bit crusty now <3

IC:
No matter how tired she grew, or how frazzled; no matter how much time she spent running around after them, wishing they’d settle for a sleep, Eliza was always rewarded for the endless waking hours and the chasing and the cleaning up messes with infinite entertainment value. Even Logan, who was emerging as the more serious of the two pups, treated his mother to glimpses of sheer goofiness which not only warmed her heart but made her laugh out loud.

Liz snuggled for a moment against Milos, relishing his warmth and solidness. So often these days she felt as if she might run out of strength and time, but she knew she would have given all her strength, all her hours which should have been spent in slumber and all her energy if it meant raising these boys with him at her side.

She snorted at the idea of the raptors liking to see her covered in the odds and ends of dead things, and rolled her eyes. “Wouldn’ put it past ‘em – surprised they don’t empty their bowels over th’ house ‘n’ all, just t’give me somethin’ else to clean up. They’re useful, in their way, though.”

The pair of children seemed to have successfully reduced the rodent to something resembling a smear more than something which had once been solid. As they came bounding over, Liz laughed at them – but she made sure to flip her ponytail over her shoulder to avoid it being subjected to more gory remnants. “Sidonia’s big ‘nough she could carry one o’ you away ‘n’ raise ya for me. Maybe I’ll swap ya for a nice vole one day,” she joked, reaching out to hug her youngest. Bramble giggled, understanding his Ma’s tone more than her playful threat.

The dog patted her mate’s knee as he extracted the muck from her hair. “We’ll get by – always do.” When asked about her day she simply gestured to the boys. “Reck’n they’ll be talkin’ proper soon – or maybe answerin’ back would be more accurate. Must get their naughtiness from you.” For a moment she shot a look of accusation at Milos. “Ya know I wouldn’ ‘ave it any other way, though. Love the lot of ya.”

[300+]

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

Dead Topics