What a wicked thing to say

Teagan

POSTED: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Scanning over the page’s contents one more, he tossed the parchment into the fire, serpentine eyes watching the pale sheet curl up into itself, burning slowly until nothing remained. Satisfied that the letter had been disposed of, he padded over to the small side table, pulling one of the draws out and snagging a cigarette from within. Lighting up took a few mere seconds, the Sagax inhaling once in a slow drag, before turning on his heel and heading out of his room.

A distraction was much needed right then, to which he luckily had something to attend to that would count as both work and a form of entertainment – or so he hoped. Admitting the pair to recuperate within Sapient was a bit of a risky thing, given the bad blood that lay between the two packs, yet there was much to be gained by showing some semblance of goodwill.

Locating where the girls had been placed for the duration of their stay, he rapped at the door once with his free hand, pausing just a second before letting himself in. This was, after all, his home and territory, so he hardly needed the outsider’s permission to enter.

“So, you’re the other one hiding out here,” he didn’t expect a response to the statement, his hand lifting the cigarette to his maw as he took in the sight of the female. “Well, you look like shit.”

Art by Remarin

By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:45 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
I will not bow. I will not break. I will shut the world away.
Optime | Backdated: September 23rd [ 661 ]

She’d finally found her way out of the black abyss that had enveloped her the first few days since the Cavaliers’ arrival in Sapient. Her body had been so exhausted from their long journey, and so overworked with trying to keep itself alive that sleep had been is main function since the pack’s healer, Miwa, had patched her up. Teagan had returned to the realm of the living the night before, and had been in and out of sleep since then. Presently, she was in one of her “awake” moments.

With her injuries still fresh, there was little she could do to waste the time when she was conscious. Turning or moving too much was far too painful for even her stubbornness to overcome. The fact that it mostly centered and spread out from her chest made the pain more difficult to ignore, as well as made the Bracciante more conscious of how much movement actually required use of her upper body. Her breaths were shallow and slow. It was too painful to take too deep of breaths, even while laying down. The rise and fall of her chest stretched the claw-like injuries, and the bruising from the blows she’d taken didn’t help matters.

Never before in her life had Teagan wished that she could just fall asleep and wait until it was all over. She felt restless, being confined to staying in bed, not to mention, useless. Indi had been tasked out with something from Sapient’s leaders, and, so, the Stryder was on her own for entertainment.

After what had seemed like hours, Teagan had finally managed to get herself up into a sitting position with the help of the headboard and the use of her sister’s pillow and her own to help support her lower back. The sheets pooled around her waist, leaving her bandaged torso exposed to the cool air of the room. Miwa had informed the sisters that the room didn’t belong to anyone, which had explained why it had a faint, musty smell to it.

The Cavalier had been in the midst of fiddling with one of her many bandages when a knock suddenly distracted her from her boredom. With how quiet and empty the room was, the sound was loud and unmistakable. Before she could even offer a response though, the door was opened.

A tall male of saturated, earthy hues invited himself in and Teagan felt the hairs along her nape begin to stand up at his bold action. The Cavalier wasn’t sure if the male was someone to be trusted. She was alone, and would be unable to defend herself if he tried something.

The brunette made a comment, to which Teagan answered with silence and a sharp look with her canary eyes. A cigarette was put to his lips, and the cream-coated wolfdog could feel her nose crinkling as its smoky stench reached her nostrils in the small room. “Still look prettier than you,” she quipped almost smugly at his rude statement.

She regarded the stranger for a moment, taking in his strange style of clothing. It was nothing like she’d seen on those in Casa di Cavalieri. If anything it reminded her more of Blue, Milos, and a few of the party goers. There was no armor to it that she could see, and it wasn’t as flowy and free as she’d seen on some of the women back at home either. In spite of all his clothing though, his jacket was still open in the front, and it showcased a multitude of necklaces on top of a well-defined chest, as well as a scar that lead up curiously from what looked to be the man’s private parts. Teagan wasn’t sure what to make of it other than perhaps she’d just met Trouble.

“You seem to know who I am, so, who are you?”

I will not fall. I will not fade. I will take your breath away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:57 pm

“Oh darling. Now we both know that’s a lie. I’m the prettiest thing you’ve ever laid eyes on,” his laugh was throaty, teeth flashing in a wide and genuine smile at the broken Cavalier. This one was feisty and he always did prefer feisty individuals, for the made for some of the best conversation and encounters he ever had in his life. Except, of course, Naenia. That was one encounter he truly wished he’d could forget. And possibly Semini, who was sometimes not speaking to him and sometimes almost a friend (he was never too sure where he stood). Oh, and Miwa. Who he was pretty sure was determined to kill him.

Ok, so his track record with feisty females left much to be desired. But at least they were interesting.

“And I’m the one who let your scrawny ass recover in my pack lands, sweet heart. Although your pack still owes me and mine quite a debt, so you’d better hope someone loves you back home. Because first you kill one of mine, then you and your sister turn up, getting blood on my floorboards; which is really hard to get up, seeking shelter,” he tsked her, taking another drag of his cigarette and leaning up against the wall to the side of the door, serpentine eyes taking in her injuries and weakened state.

“Now, before you get your righteous female rage on. You aren’t a hostage, you’re free to leave when your healed. Just make sure those in charge know that they owe us.” Not that he was expecting much to come from aiding the girls, given his low opinion of the pack they came from. It would come as no surprise to him if Casa tried to kill another Sapien to show their thanks – that was, after all, the image their diplomat had given him and his.

Art by Remarin

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:03 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 868 ]

<___< >___> Teagan whhhhy? That’s not what Luca would say at all!

She didn’t find his comeback funny in the slightest, in fact, if anything, it annoyed her that he was able to have something so quickly to throw back at her. It wasn’t something she was used to from anyone but Indi and one particular jerk. Most of the men she’d dealt with reacted to her in one of two ways; cowardly or defensively. This one? He fired right back. It was like another Skoll—of all things! Having nothing clever to offer the stranger in return, Teagan resorted to disbelieving snort as if to say, “as if.”

His reply to her question sounded was more than Teagan had been ready for. She’d expected a name, maybe a rank and what it roughly translated to in the pack’s hierarchy. Perhaps something evasive and infuriating. Not…not this. He unloaded on her with a list of grievances, mentioning pieces of information that the teen had not been aware of, as well as—from what it sounded like—blamed the sisters as if he had no choice in their stay in his pack.

Teagan felt the hairs along the back of her neck begin to stand up and her mismatched ears flattened against her hair. If he thought he could take out his frustrations one her, he had another thing coming! Just as she was about to give him a less than civil reply though, he spoke up again. The fact that he had been spot on to what she’d been about to light him up with caused her tongue to twist in her mouth.

Fucking bastard.

Like hell she was going to play into his hands. Teagan let her canary gaze leave him so that she could calm the raging fire that was burning her insides. She wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of being right. So, she took a breath and let it out. “Which one are you, Nivosus or Ardoise?” She asked, her tone calmer than before, but not without a bit of bite still in it. If she was going to put this prick on her “jerk” list, she at least wanted to make sure she put the right name down.

She let a hand come up to massage her temple as if she had a headache. Teagan was trapped in a foreign bed in a foreign room in a foreign place, and it was all because of her damn injuries. So, it looked like she would be held captive to this man’s aggression until he deemed himself satisfied to leave her. She might as well try to sort out whatever issues he had with her and her pack while she was there.

“I’d say ‘thank you—’” But you’re being an ass and I refuse to say that and inflate your ego. “—but, I’m pretty sure those words mean nothing in light of everything else.” She was trying to be calm, to think of what her father would say, but pieces of her personality continued to shine through in spite of herself. The more she tried to remain civil, the more her gut coiled and raged against her though.

Be calm. Think. Don’t let him get under your skin. This is a leader you’re talking too…

Her canary eyes returned to his general direction, focused on his cigarette, and then finally on his face once more. “I’m confident that my father will make sure you get your demands.” Again, despite her best efforts, bitterness was laced in her tone. She had intended to leave it at that, to ignore him and give him a silent dismissal with her end to the conversation. However, the longer she looked at him, the longer her thoughts festered and rioted.

She wanted to know about this death he had accused her pack of. There was no one in Casa di Cavalieri that she knew of that would kill another just for the thrill of it. They were knights, honorable Luperci. Whoever had been killed must have been for a reason, either that, or the pack had been wrongly blamed for the work of another.

“You said that my pack killed one of yours. So, why did you let my sister and I into your borders? Would it have not been easier to let me die and have your packmate avenged?” She challenged suddenly. The questions were asked as if she were trying to place reason behind the sisters’ admittance rather than her attacking his judgement—which she would have been doing had she not had her inner mantra of “be like dad” on repeat in her head.

She let her narrowing glare move away from the man, letting it instead bore holes in the sheets on the bed. “We’re miles from home and the…attack happened outside your lands, anything could have happened.” The opportunity couldn’t have been more perfect, so why the hell was he acting like the Cavaliers were some huge inconvenience for him?

Before she could stop it, her acidic thoughts slipped out from their cage and formed on her tongue, “Or are monetary gains more important than your dead comrade?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 pm

“Which name would you rather call out in bed?” he quipped back at her, a brow raised, eyes mocking her from across the room. This was unexpectedly fun; those who were all too seriously always did prove to be the best means to kill time, yanking their chain and watching them get all worked up over nothing. This one was clearly not used to sarcasm, given the rubbing of her temple and growing frustration at his antics – it wasn’t his fault she was too serious and needed to learn to have some fun.

To her credit though, she did seem to reign herself back in quickly enough. Young but showing promise in temperament.

“You know, despite popular belief, we’re not monsters to leave scrawny kids bleeding out by our borders. And demands would be an incorrect variation of what I said – your side owes us. We’ve not demanded anything,” they didn’t need to, for things were quickly beginning to look worse and worse for Casa, the supposed righteous pack; if they wished to keep their reputation, they’d reward Sapient for their effort, especially in the light of all Casa had done to wrong them.

“And damn someone needs to slip you something to make you happier. Do you even know how to relax and have fun?” someone her age really should not be this serious. At least, in his experience they shouldn’t.

Art by Remarin

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:23 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 451 ]

Niv’s posts crack me up xD

Teagan felt her face pinch as she was suddenly struck with an inner turmoil. Part of her wanted to pop every stitch she had in the off chance she could somehow make it out of the bed, and stumble over to him so she could choke every ounce of oxygen out of his lungs. Another part of her wanted to die with embarrassment at what he’d actually said. What the hell?! She was barely over a year old, and she’d just escaped from a less than desirable situation regarding the adult topic. Did he realize what he’d just said, or was he blissfully ignorant of the reason why the two Cavaliers had sought refuge in his pack?

In the end though, she let out a sharp exhale of heated breath, much like an angry bull. “Neither, because you’re obviously not my type,” she growled. Silently, she cursed whatever god there was out there that had sent this male of all of the vile creatures in the world to her bedroom—or well, the bedroom she was staying in. She hadn’t asked for this. Hadn’t begged or pleaded or demanded that Sapient take pity on her broken soul. Fighting death had seemed like a pretty good option to the trouble and predicament they found themselves in…

He bit out a retort for her question. The bad blood between his pack and hers was apparently strong. Growing up, she hadn’t been taught about any such a conflict between them. Her mentor had simply given her facts, important stuff that every Cavalier should know about the packs of the land. Sylvie had failed to mention a Cavalier murdering a Sapien, and had never painted the pack in a bad light. It was clear that whatever hatred this male had for her pack, he was adamant about taking his frustrations out on the invalid before him.

“It sounds pretty much the same to me,” she grumbled under her breath, rolling her eyes. She might have argued his point on “demand” and “owe” had she not thought it a useless path to take. He clearly thought his pack was innocent in the matter, and she wasn’t about to waste her energy on someone who was obviously grounded on the opinion. Either way, Sapient was receiving a sum of goods on the girls’ behalf.

Opportunistic vultures.

Her canary eyes cut to the nameless male when he made a jab at her personality. “Obviously not, or I wouldn’t have ended up in this bed with blood all over your hardwood floors,” she deadpanned, a lip curling. Having “fun” was what had gotten the sisters into all of this mess.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:36 pm

Word Count → 227 :: Out of Character text
Flashing his teeth, he laughed at her growled reply. Well, that confirmed his earlier suspicion. Sure, she was injured and in pain, which would explain away some of her lack of humor, hell he'd even give her that they didn't know each other, but that didn't really explain her total lack of sense of humor, which had to be, at least on some level, a personality flaw.

With that enlightenment, it came as no real surprise that she couldn't see the different between outright blackmail and asking for repayment. They wouldn't not give the girls aid, not after the other sister had offered to do a job for him. Medical support, a room to stay in, food, everything they needed would be given to them, the girls allowed to leave and go home – all they asked was that the kindness be repaid, unless the girls wanted to cause further bad blood between their packs in a show of utter disrespect.

Then again, his expectations weren't that high, given that they were members of Casa.

“Fair point. Well, I'll leave you to your wallowing in self pity and despair. If you actually want to make the best out of a shitty situation, try smiling and making a joke once in awhile kiddo, or your life is going to be terribly boring.”

Art by Remarin

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:16 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 320 ]

I am SO sorry for Teagan’s very mean thoughts ;_____;

Do we want to end this or keep going?

She hated the way he found amusement in her obvious discomfort. The Cavalier felt a small bit of pity for those that might have looked up to this man was one of their “leaders.” He was nothing like her father or Alistair. He lacked nobility, respect, dignity, diplomacy. All of it was replaced with this rude, cocky, arrogant, smoking asshole. He was more of an immature boy than he was someone she could see as a proper leader.

It was a shame that she owed her life to someone like him and that she’d been raised better. As much as she might have not particularly cared for this first impression of one of the Sapiens’ leader, she owed him some semblance of decency; as much as it might have given her heartburn to not let him really know how she felt about their conversation. He was making it rather hard though. Not even a few minutes of sharing the same air with each other, and this individual had figured out just how to get under her skin.

Some part of her wondered how Indi’s conversation with the male had gone. The kinder and more social sister of the two, she’d likely had better luck of getting a more…welcoming reception from the Sapien than an injured, grumpy Teagan.

He seemed to sense that the Cavalier was in no mood for his interrogation, and made a bid that sounded a lot like a, “goodbye, bitch.” The Stryder let out a huff of hot hair, wincing a bit as it made her chest tense up from the forceful action. “Thank you, I’ll keep that in mind.” She replied bitterly, her canary gaze moving to the wall opposite of the male. She fully expected to hear the slam of a door.

What would smiling and poking fun at things ever do? That was Indi’s job, not her’s.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics