T
E
X
T
Words: 300+
Date: Nov 12
Place: Thackary Village
Form: Optime
For Lukos, evening time. Set at their Thackery Village home. Permission from Mike for assumptions about Lukos.

Freedom was an arm’s length away, literally. Szenne stood over Lukos in his room as he slept. Her eyes were glued to the dark leather pouch at his hip, which she knew he kept her mother’s things in. They were as in reach as they were out of reach. Her green gaze eventually flicked to Lukos’ face when his breathing pattern changed or he stirred a bit. She needed to make sure he wasn’t going to awake when she had her hand in his pocket.

She took in a gentle breath, careful not to blow a puff of air at Lukos. These were delicate elements she was toying with here, and she needed to be very careful. One wrong move and she could spoil the whole thing for herself and be caught awkwardly standing over Lukos looking very nervous.

Slowly, Szenne crouched down, reaching out for the pouch at his hip. With a dull click, she unbuckled the fasteners and reached inside, all the while watching Lukos’ face. She managed to get her fingers wrapped around her mother’s necklace when he stirred. Quickly, she pulled the necklace out and hid it in her other hand and straightened, trying to mask the anxiety that was written all over her face. The pocket was left open and she prayed that her mother’s ring did not fall out and become lost.

It seemed Lukos had settled back down, and Szenne bent quietly to fasten the buckle on the pouch. She hadn’t pulled the belt loop all the way through when he began to stir and stretch again. Szenne straightened and stepped a few paces back, trying to make her face seem angry as though she was trying to wake him, but he wasn’t getting up. Still, the expression on her face – one of anxiety, one of excitement – wasn’t right for the occasion, and it was hard to mask that.

Dawnthieves | Mercurycode | Table by Sammiie

Last edited by Szenne on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:03 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 346
Date: Oct. 25th
Lukos does, sort of kind of have an eye injury too, so there's that still.

The wolf started to get up, almost reaching to itch his left eye when he remembered why it was itching in the first place. Carefully he felt the bandaging wrapped around the left side of his face, going over his ear and back around. The Furcas told him that his eye itself only had a superficial scratch and that he was very lucky, but that he'd have to leave both it and the gash that ran above to below his eye alone till after Samhain, and even then scarring was almost inevitable. The wolf didn't really care about whether or not he had a scar or not, as long as his eye still functioned. Besides, the scar might serve as a reminder to him.

As he sat up, it turned out that it was Pita instead of Lukos at the helm this evening, as he groggily looked at the woman standing before him with a single eye. "Mmf, what do you want." he asked her with a dull tone. Ever since Lukos made him stop pestering Szenne, Pita lost interest in dealing with her at all. It annoyed him that Lukos allowed her so many liberties, especially considering how contentious she was. One of these days, Szenne is going to stress Lukos' bluff a bit too much and get herself hurt. Or worse in his view, get Lukos hurt. He's always been far too soft on his servant.

Staring blandly at the Abdiel, the half-mind began to realize that something seemed a bit, off with her, but he couldn't put his paw on what it was. "Something you need?" he asked her point-blank, trying to see what it was. If it was something he could do, then he would help and then send Szen on her way. But if it required Lukos, then he'd have to go wake him up, the lazy slouch. While it was useful in the beginning, the two of them being able to stay dormant while the other roamed around was starting to get annoying.

Image: JLS Photography | Texture: Mercurycode & Xnienke | Table by Sammiie

Avi by the amazing Corie!
The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:13 am

Szenne
Don't walk when they tell you march 'cause
if you do, then they'll never tell you apart
O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 000
Date: --
sorry for the wait!

The wolf on the bed stirred, peering up at her with one eye – the only one he had at the moment. Szenne stared down at him, trying her best angry face. It had been a while since she had to use her pickpocketing skills. They weren’t her best skillset, and neither was keeping an appropriate face. There had been others in her group and others she had met along the way that had been much better at it. She should have observed them more closely – and she was kind of kicking herself in the ass for it now.

The voice that reached her ears wasn’t the familiar tone she was expecting. It was blunt, uninterested. It was as if she had been stirring someone she didn’t know awake. Instinctively, Szenne’s eyes narrowed at the yellow hues that accusingly glared up at her. Pita.

”Ya was yellin’ in ya sleep. I came to make sure ya was still breathin’,” she snapped. Yeah, that was a good excuse. ”Seein’ that ya are, ya snarky bastard. I’m gonna leave. Tell Lukos I dropped by.” Her small indication that she knew who she was speaking to. She could tell just by the tone of their voices who was in his head at the time. Lukos was often a light-hearted guy, and Pita seemed to be a pest. He was a lot more confrontational with her than Lukos was.

Taking a few steps back, she turned for the door, hoping that he’d let her go without any other complications. She’d figure out how to get the ring from him another way.

Last edited by Szenne on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:56 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 509
haha, wait, yeah don't worry about that little thing. x_x

The more he observed her, the stranger the feeling he got from the woman. Continuously, he held the suspicion that something was amiss, but there wasn't an indication for it. Though her look of accusation was certainly more convincing, aside from being just plain angry. Maybe it was nothing at all, and he was just tired. Though what she had said only made the alter more curious, something not quite adding up to his mind. "Yelling? Me?" he said, with a confused tilt of the head, one eye never leaving hers and hardly blinking.

Pita had known that Lukos used to scream while he was sleeping, but hadn't any recollection of anything like that recently. And even moreso was that the one who was supposed to be making a ruckus was him, and while the wolf wasn't adverse to making a bit of noise, to his account nothing ever made him cry out from his slumber. Sure, he had a few key things that he worried over, but whenever he shut Lukos out he didn't think he had ever made a sound. He was actually intrigued by the notion, knowing full well of Lukos' tormented nights but not if he had any.

And just like that, Szenne was starting to leave already, as quickly as he saw her. Still, her words made Pita pause, righting his head back to it's normal position. "Now just hold on there, I have to clear this little, discrepancy up, as Mr. Nice Wolf would say." He straightened out his back, gazing down at her as much as someone sitting could. "Sure, Lukos might've yelled bloody murder in the past, but that was because I made him, ya see?" He gave a devilish grin to the servant, reminiscing back to those fun times. "I don't have nightmares, I am the nightmare, understand?" Depending on how she looked at it, Szenne could interpret that as metaphorical as intended, or literally. Either would be pretty close to the truth.

"Besides," he told her, rising to his feet as she walked away. "I'm sure I could handle whatever you wanted Lukos for. You did, come here for another reason right? Why else would you care if he knew that you were here, unless you're just being polite?" he said with a certain smug, dangerous smile. "And I think we both know the answer to that last bit." In all the time he knew Szenne, especially when he faced her, she never backed off without at least a light verbal thrashing. This seemed too quick, too fast for her usual behavior. Who knows, maybe she caught something and didn't want to share? Though the alter knew Lukos would give him hell if he tried to get some. He wasn't so much afraid of physical repercussions as being yammered to death about morals and such. If he was crazy enough to smash a bottle with his hand, he was crazy enough to have a continuous argument for days.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:34 am

Szenne
O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 286
bothered you for a whole round more LOL. Really up to you whether you want to continue at this point now. idk whether it's in Pita's nature to pry even more or just leave it be... so you decide!

It was certain. Pita could smell the uncertainty on her, and that made her want to get out of there all the faster. Szenne was able to fake it up to a point, and once that point passed, her routine started running dry. She was quiet during most of Pita’s speech, only rolling her green eyes when he started getting into the science of why Lukos no longer had nightmares. Did she care, really? No. He claimed to be a nightmare, but other than this coaxing shit he was doing right now, she didn’t see a reason he deserved that title.

”Listen, I don’t need the extra borin' explanation, a’ight? One of ya was yelling in ya sleep. I came in to shut ya up. Seein' how that worked, I'ma go back to doin' slave shit now.” She gestured over her shoulder and quirked her eyebrows at him. There was the answer he sought. The truth. Szenne didn’t check up on Lukos because she barely cared whether he was breathing, especially these days where Pita’s presence was strong. A dead Lukos meant a free Szenne.

”So, shut the fuck up,” she growled, and turned in the doorway, beginning to follow the hallway towards her room. She’d need to find a really good place to hide the necklace until she was able to get the ring. She was almost in the home stretch. If Pita would leave her be and just go back to sleep, she’d have an extra few hours to herself to plot.

At the bottom of the stairs, she cast a glance over her shoulder to make sure he hadn’t followed her out. And if he didn’t, she would have disappeared into her room.

Last edited by Szenne on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:25 am

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 339
While he's kinda childish around Szenne, I'm sure that would only make Pita more likely to be curious at this point. :D

As the alter was delivering his little monologue, he hadn't really cared or paid attention to the servant. As long as she listened to what he had to say, he really couldn't ask for much else. Hell, she could do cartwheels if she wanted. Would be quite entertaining actually. But the woman wasn't interested in what he had to say, and instead blew him off to leave. After all that, the wolf just stared after her, mouth agape. The best word to describe how he felt from the sheer disrespect from that gesture was miffed. Sure, he was used to such behavior, but that was just downright rude. It was a little off putting, but the inquisition building up dwarfed his want for leaving her be.

Following Szenne out the door, he continued to stalk the woman down the hall heading back to the living room, calling after her the whole way. "What did you want to say? That couldn't have been everything, but just because I'm not the guy you want doesn't mean I can't do something." he said, strangely in almost a bored tone, as if he was trying to appear disinterested while asking questions. It didn't seem like the best strategy, but it was what he had. If he didn't follow up and make sure everything was alright when Lukos wasn't around, he was sure to get an earful when he finally did wake up.

Besides, he couldn't shake the look on her face from when she first woke the alter himself up. She seemed sort of angry, but not quite. There must've been something more to it, and knowing that alone would make him get it if he didn't do something. He stopped behind the woman, crossing his arms and leaning a shoulder against the wall. "What, was one of the kids at the playground making fun of you?" he said sarcastically, hoping some provoking would eek the truth out of her.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:03 am

Szenne
O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 416
ok!

What was worse than having Pita following down the hall when she had just stolen something from him? Having to make up something to make him go away. He followed her down the hall, acting all sorts of bored, but asking questions that suggested otherwise. She knew just by experience that he just wanted to bug her. She wasn’t too into his antics right then, though, she had a necklace to hide.

As she walked down the hallway, she considered throwing it somewhere out of frame or shoving the chain into her mouth so he wouldn’t noticed one hand remained clenched around something but the other didn’t. She switched the necklace between her hands in front of her, relaxing both arms at her sides, which had, at the end of them, clenched fists. They both neared her room and she remembered him lying on the floor behind the door. She remembered accidentally smashing the door into his skull that day. She wished to do it not so accidentally today.

Just before getting to her room, she suddenly whirled around, probably slapping Pita in the face with her hair they were so close. She almost caused Pita to walk into her. ”We both know ya don’t really give a fuck about what I have to say, so why don’t ya cut the bullshit. I know why ya here followin’ me around. Ya think its fun to annoy me. Ya love doin’ that shit.” Green eyes pieced the man’s yellow hues as she stood all too close. Inside, and she was grateful for this, she felt the insecurity bubbling inside of her. She was happy her eyes, her features, and her body language remained under control while she was this close with Pita. He would have caught her in a minute. He didn’t have Lukos’ conscience telling him it was nothing.

”Why don’t ya go and do something useful instead of botherin’ me. I have work to do – or don’t ya remember? I have to catch ya boys some dinner, and then I gotta catch myself some dinner, so it doesn’t look like ya starvin’ me. It would be a shame if I started losin’ weight and maybe… accidentally told the – what is she called? – oh, the Angela Lukos is starvin’ me. I’m sure she wouldn’t like that very much.” Malice twinkled in her green eyes as she glared back at Pita, not taking into consideration Lukos’ favor with the higher-ups. Szenne wouldn’t know anything about that anyway.

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics