drag another dragon down the hole

p, Axelle - Colchester Quarter

POSTED: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:58 am

the devil has my ear today, he promised I would

find a little solace and some piece of mind

She was close, too close. She could feel it, the nipping and biting of her past at her heels, making her dig them unconsciously on Lorea's sides a bit too hard and upsetting the mare. It took a small buck and kick from the palomino for her to check her posture and ask forgiveness softly in low speech. Tzila was very rusty on the equine variation, but the mare seemed to understand. It didn't keep the horse from getting jumpy at her rider's uneasiness.

Tzila and her sister knew Axelle had taken residence around these parts, and to be honest, the woman would be all too glad to avoid this place. She didn't want to face her mother again, it was still to raw for her, too recent, and Axelle's choices still left her with a bitter taste in her mouth. Her father's disappearance, her mother's abandonment, it made her queasy and suddenly tired. And yet, here she was.

Her reasons were, she wanted to scout the area. Travelling through the mountain range was tiring, especially when you were trying to stay clear from Inferni and Anathema borders. It was easier to take the low lands north of the range, and then cut as straight a path possible through the mountains, right between the two packs. If she could find and charter the easier and safer path among the rocks and woods, she'd have the start of a decent trade route to the south. Sure, she was rushing a bit; Tzila would focus first on trade agreements with the northern packs, but if she had this road ready should an opportunity arise, well all the better for her.

Tzila couldn't spend her life tied down by her past, especially her own mother. No, she had decided to make a change for the better. Turn a new page. She was going to make a good life for herself in Sapient, and it wasn't the possibility of running into Axelle that was going to stop her. Her hands found the necklace of keys that jingled softly beneath the folds of her scarf, and she licked her lips in thought. That night was still sharp in her mind, not dulling despite the days that passed by her. She might have failed John Doe, who had given up, but she would not fail herself. Her past and her regrets would not swallow her up like it did to him.

Lorea snorted beneath her, and she noticed she had holding the reins a bit too tight on the bit. She sighed, upset at herself for letting her grip slip so many times, and muttered another apology for the mare. "So sorry, girl. Not been myself lately, have I?" Lorea neighed softly, sounding still annoyed but understanding, though the exact meaning escaped Tzila. Didn't matter, she had to keep her mind in the now, or else she might--

Just over there, on the edge of her range of vision, was someone. The air was still today, she could smell nothing from them. They blended well with the leaves and trunks, and it was hard to tell their markings apart. But it wasn't Axelle's black and white fur. She tugged Lorea to a stop, and kept staring. That anxious feeling had settled quickly in her gut, making her wary, unsure if she should approach this canine or not. Tzila didn't have any trouble approaching loners; she was used to it, had done it countless times before, looking for trades. But now? Now she just wanted to quick Lorea into a gallop far away. But no, she wouldn't. Her apprehension wouldn't control her like that, it wouldn't.

The Sapien nudged the palomino forward, yellow eyes valiant and determined to see this through, ignoring the hammering of her heart in her chest, and called out with a short howl. "Hello, who goes there?" She had to raise her voice slightly, since she was still a ways away from this stranger. A tiny part of her was hoping this loner would take a hint and scramble off into the woods instead of standing their ground and wait for her to come closer. But that wasn't up to her now, was it?

Forwarded for Nov 07, if that's alright? | WC: 719

Tzila Napier

Nina
I only procrastinate and yell at Kitty
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:27 am

[ 000 ] » Hope this is cool!

Large ears perked at a sound further into the woods. Eire looked back behind her. Her mother was a small black-and-white figure back there, indicating that she had wandered farther than she was supposed to. Looking forward again, her gaze settled on the woman on her horse. She had not yet been seen, which Eire knew, gave her the element of surprise. Though, even with such an upperhand on the situation, she hesitated. This woman smelled strange, and yet she smelled familiar. There was a strand in her scent that resembled her mother’s, and she didn’t know why. The woman’s gray coat and yellow eyes matched nothing of hers, and looked nothing like her mother... yet there was the familiarity.

Looking back one last time at Axelle back there, sharpening her sword - the limestone sliding across the blade, making that long, dull ring. Every once in a while, she would look up to check on Eire, but she hadn’t looked up in the last few minutes. Eire took this opportunity to figure out this stranger, and disappeared amongst the trees.

She crept closer to the woman on the horse - closer, closer until it was probable that they could both smell each other. Stunted in size, but not in courage, the Lykoi Hybrid came out from the brush.

”I do,” she said boldly, resting her crimson gaze upon the stranger’s golden ones.

Some distance behind her, Axelle had looked up and noticed her missing, and stood to search the brush for her. "Eire?" she called.

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am

the devil has my ear today, he promised I would

find a little solace and some piece of mind

Her voice had caught the stranger's attention, even from this far away Tzila could see ears perking up in her direction. For a split second of hesitation, the will to kick Lorea into a gallop far, far away kicked her in the gut. Usually, the hybrid listened to her instincts, knowing they didn't often fail, but she was going through with this. The strange canine looked back for a moment, then slinked into the trees. Tzila's hands strayed to her belt and the sheathed daggers attached to it, yellow eyes pinning on the few snippets of reddish and dark fur slowly making its way closer to her. And closer, and closer.

Even the wind's direction couldn't hide the smell from her, and the sheer familiarity in it made her blood run cold. She smelled like her, but more than that, she smelled like Axelle. Why? It wasn't just some superficial thing, like this strange girl just spent too long around the bicolored-woman, no. It was a deeper note in her scent, something that was part of how she naturally smelled. Somehow, Tzila and this odd-colored stranger - a pup, of all things - were blood-related. Oh, this was bad news.

By the time the other had stopped her approach, Tzila felt frozen stiff in her saddle, her brittle feelings passing through the sensitive mare and making her dig her hooves in the ground, snorting and tossing her head anxiously. The Sodalis didn't have the time to think to calm down the palomino, just staring with wide eyes and an empty expression at the girl before her. Reddish eyes bored into her boldly, her voice making the older hybrid blink owlishly before breathing in a ragged deep breath and stomping down those doubts with a single thought. If this pup, whoever she was, was Axelle's child, then their mother wouldn't be too far away. A confrontation was inevitable.

The surety of that thought washed through her and coated her like a veil. There was no way to avoid it now. Even if she fled, it wouldn't look good on anyone's eyes. Better to truly stand her ground and just let what had to happen, happen. Still, there was a flurry of questions bouncing inside her head. First things first. "So I see. And just who might you be, then?" She asked, trying her best to keep her voice from wavering, and ended up sounding brittle and hollow instead.

You're fine, dear! <3 | WC: 419

Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:43 am

[ 000 ] » Hope this is cool!

She sensed the change in the woman’s posture, her smell. This woman was fearful, on edge, and it flared Eire’s ego because who else, besides herself, could have caused this chemical change? Dark lips pulled back in an inflated smile to reveal small, sharp fangs. Even with Eire’s age, she considered all aspects of a situation. Her mother’s vigorous training changed the way the average pup would have thought in this situation. To Axelle, Eire was but an opportunity. She was viewed as strong and already resourceful, and Axelle’s constant training sought to exploit that. Eire was too young, too loyal, and too blind to see this.

”Depends on who’s asking,” she rebutted, resembling something like Lithia when she was a youngster.

There was a rustle in the brush behind her, and Axelle’s split form came through. ”Eire! What did I tell you about wandering too far out?” she growled, and looked up to meet cold, threatening eyes with the stranger on the horse. However, once they met the yellow hues inherited from her former love, Axelle melted instantly.

Tzila, it’s great to see you. How are you, love?” she began. Eire stood by switching her gaze between the two. There was an interesting exchange happening here. ”Come, come. Sit with me a while.” It was in that moment that Axelle almost forgot about Eire's existence.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:48 pm

Tzila Napier
And now I'm lost in paradise

Another shiver ran through her spine as she watched that slow loopy smile stretch in the strange girl's face. This was too familiar, too nostalgic even, but in a sickly and twisted way. To watch and hear Lithia's expression and tone in the young pup before her was making her stomach make some not so pleasant turns. The fur along her spine and neck flared up in a reflex, the wild instincts in her blood demanding she looks bigger and menacing in the face of this uncanny sight. As if Tzila needed more proof she and the pup were related.

Suddenly the cheeky tone the girl was taking with her was grating her nerves in all the wrong ways, and her ears pinned down as she lifted her head, like she needed a greater height difference than her own natural tallness on top of Lorea's back. "Who wants to know happens to be your..." No time to finish the growled out sentence when a more than familiar woman came through the vegetation to join their cozy meeting. Axelle. Well, even if she still wanted to turn back, she couldn't anymore now that the older woman saw her, the chastising attitude towards the pup melting away into relief and gladness to see her. At least now she knew the pup's name. Eire. Her younger sister. Her sister.

Tzila hid her heavy sigh by dismounting her horse, the mare lowering her head to sniff curiously at the pup whom she was unfamiliar with. She allowed the realization to float around her head, refusing to let it sink for now, fearful of causing a scene on accident. These days it was hard to trust her own emotions to play along with what she wanted, so bets to leave them out of the picture for now; the child was enough of a wild card here as it was. Whoever was the father, however, wasn't Itzal, his particular scent missing from the pup. Another unknown to solve.

Only after she turned back to the two other females, did she allow a tiny and frail smile to slip in her face. "Hello, mom. Long time no see." As she leaned an arm over Lorea's shoulders to pet her, she allowed herself to put some of her weight on the mare, her knees a little bit sore and numb from the riding, but also from all the questions flitting around inside her head. She did follow the bi-colored woman back to wherever they could sit, sparing Eire a long side glance mostly out of curiosity to catch more of the child now that she was closer to the ground. "Been up to all sort of mischief?" She asked with some humor, but it was tired and almost hollowed. If she stretched it a bit, it maybe have even been bitter.

Word Count: [481] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Table by Kitty. Image Credits: By So-ghislaine, By Carllton

Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:04 am

[ 000 ] » sorry for the slow!

Ushering Eire along, Axelle led her daughter to the clearing in which she sat before, sharpening her knives. It was a clearing they regularly used for training. It was closer to the beach, but not quite on it. There was a nice breeze that blew off of the cliff there. When training, it allowed enough air to keep one’s body temperature at a comfortable level. There was a downed tree where Axelle made herself comfortable once again. She moved her sharpening stone to the side and patted the wood beside her, inviting Tzila to sit down. Eire took a seat on the ground beside her mother. She was quiet, watching the exchange between the two adults.

”Mischief finds me. You should know that already,” Axelle sighed, rolling her eyes. Her bi-hued gaze landed on Eire for a moment, and the youngster sat attentive. It had crossed Axelle’s mind to introduce the two siblings, but she didn’t consider Eire worthy enough to fraternize with her wanted daughters. Tzila was important to her, but Eire was just there to enact some damn revenge.

”Eire, go practice your feral combat style over there.” Axelle gestured to the farthest corner of the clearing. Eire nodded, and casting a crimson glance in Tzila’s direction, she did as she was told.

Once Axelle was sure she was out of immediate earshot and making enough noise to not hear what she was saying, she leaned in to Tzila. ”I was forced... She’s the result.”

And if Tzila looked hard enough, she’d be able to recognize a few more places on the two-toned woman’s face where the fur had been thinner before and where a new scar marked her face. There had been others on her body, too, but luckily her fluffy fur covered most of them.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Tzila Napier

Tzila walked with as solid steps as she could manage in the moment, her legs stiff from riding and the shake from recent events in equal measure. She followed her mother deeper into the clearing and sat by her, not failing to notice the almost dismissive light in her dual-colored eyes whenever she looked at the younger Napier. Her sister. Her younger sister. The thought still made her stomach make queasy turns and twists inside her belly, but from what emotion exactly, the Sapient couldn't quite pinpoint yet. Too many things rushing inside her mind at once, it was hard to think.

She did listen to her mother's tone as she dismissed the girl and sent her off to train by herself. It was odd; Tzila remembered her father telling her never to practice alone, it only embedded your mistakes, without a critical eye watching from outside, pointing out your flaws. She caught on to the distraction for what it was before she turned her attention back to Axelle, yellow eyes meeting crimson for a brief moment as the girl went to do as she was told. Her mother's voice sent another chill and shiver down her spine, not so much for who was speaking, but what was spoken. Her ears pinned back with grief and anger alike, flaring deep in her chest. Someone forced her mother, someone raped her.

She tried to blink away the veil of red that tinted her sight for a wild moment, the emotions washing over her like the waves of the undertow, making her hands tingle, her claws stretch out from their sheaths ready to strike. Troubled as her feelings towards Axelle was, she could never forgive such a crime. Wouldn't, couldn't. After the rolling waves seemed to subdue within her, she looked back at her mother, and she knew she couldn't hide her emotions from her face, and that no words could ever suffice. She settled with a simple "I see...", and Tzila could hardly care of how her voice sounded faint and broken. What else could be said? "I'm sorry" just didn't cut it, wouldn't help either. And her eyes didn't miss the odd patches in her mother's fur, where there were surely some new fresh scars beneath.

Her eyes again strayed over to her sister, Eire, struggling against a tree trunk, her young body still getting used to the form and moves fo the fighting style. Tzila didn't miss the potential there, seeing herself in the girl's eagerness and dedication. Her mind wanted to ask how they were doing, what was the girl like, what do you think of the coming winter this year, or something among those lines, but what her mouth formed was not what she planned. "Why didn't you introduce us?"

Word Count: [478] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 pm

[ 452 ] » ooc text here

There was an anger, a frustration that washed over her daughter at the news of her most recent unfortunate event. As Tzila’s ears fell back and her gaze changed to something wild, like a gaze she had seen looking back at her from her reflection. Axelle hadn’t said anything during the silence between them. Eire’s growls and thuds were the only sounds between them, as the young Coyote Hybrid attacked the tree with her claws. Axelle couldn’t say anything because she knew her daughter would feel differently about her views on the matter. Though, she was grateful for the look in her daughter’s eyes, no matter how dangerous it suddenly was. For it meant that Tzila did care for her, even though their relationship was strained significantly.

When Tzila finally spoke again, it was not an apology or a question. It was a statement of understanding, and Axelle was grateful that she didn’t need to reiterate the story again or feel the solemnity of an apology. It was something that happened because she was careless. She should have been more alert… She should have seen it coming…

In reality, though, how could she have seen a snare trap buried in the rubble and ruins of the Concrete Jungle?

When Tzila spoke again, Axelle found it hard to find the words to explain exactly why. Her daughters already viewed her as a selfish piece of shit… dare she tell Tzila Eire’s real purpose and why she was still around.

”Well… It’s… She…” Axelle turned back towards the young Lykoi, and she let go of a breath that she hadn’t known she was holding. She’s not supposed to be here, alright?” Axelle finally came out with it, and she realized with a vague answer like that, she’d have to tell Tzila some of the treacherous story. ”I had the pups, and I dumped them in the forest in the Tides. She was the only one to come back. I found her unconscious, alone, and wet near a stream in The Dampwoods. I took her back, and here we are. I don’t really know what to do or how to feel about her…” It was half of the truth. She did know what she was training the young pup for, but that was their secret. But her feelings about Eire were true – she wasn’t sure how to feel. Somedays she hated her and the eyes that she inherited from her father, and then other days, Axelle was proud of the warrior blood her daughter seemed to carry.

”If you wanna introduce yourself, go.” Axelle nodded towards the young girl. ”She needs a little more interaction with others, anyway. It’s just her and me most days.”

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:33 pm

Tzila Napier

Her mother's reply was unexpected. Surprised as she was for the vicious note in the exhaled confession, that Tzila watched with wide eyes as Axelle explained Eire's survival and the conflicted feelings that came with it. Even after it was over, she could only stare. This kept getting more and more difficult for the Sapient to cope with, this day turning into a wild emotional ride. Like she was caught in a rapid river and could barely keep her head above the water. That Axelle had abandoned the pups like she had... didn't surprise her, not really. But it still made her stomach turn and churn in unpleasant waves. And that she had kept Eire after she found the lost child again, made her mind reel back in confusion.

It didn't fit, didn't make sense. Tzila knew her mother, or at least she liked to think she knew her well enough to know that Axelle wasn't one to do things half-assedly. Especially with something like this. Axelle was no stranger to death and killing, and if she truly wanted to get rid of the children, she would have drowned Eire in the river where she was found, or left there to die alone and wet. So, it didn't fit. Why did she take Eire back if she was the result of a rape? Why was she teaching her how to fight, to defend herself if needed? Tzila believe her mother when she said she didn't know how to feel about the young girl; in the short time she had to think about it and put herself in the same situation, the Domus wouldn't know how to feel either. But there had to be more to this than was being said, and she didn't like the few guesses that came to mind.

A frown had slowly built on her face and her eyes slanted in suspicion, sneaking a glance at her mother by the corner of her eye, the silence broken by Axelle saying she could go and introduce herself if she wished to. Tzila let a short silence grow between them while she plain stared, and then she spoke. "Mom. Why didn't you finish what you started? Why is Eire still here, if she's not supposed to?" Her voice was as calm and mellow as the overcast sky before the first crack of thunder. She leaned in closer, just a little. "I don't know what is going on here, but if she's to be your hairshirt to atone for your perceived mistakes, then you're more messed up then I thought." Because what else could this be? Why else would Axelle decide to live and raise the child of rape, if not to pay penance for allowing herself to be raped, sick as that train of thought might be. Maybe her mother thought she could dim her guilt for abandoning her older daughters, for failing to find her mate, by doing this. Tzila didn't think she'd be able to understand, nor did she want to. But she'd see how the older Napier would respond before going over to Eire. She wanted to properly meet the girl, and maybe talk to her.

Word Count: [549] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Tzila Napier

Nina
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:37 am

[ 000 ] » so sorry for my slow :|

Tzila asked all the hard questions, it seemed. She wanted to know why Eire was really there, even if Axelle didn’t intend on sharing that much information. She wanted to know why Axelle kept the girl around, trained her like her other daughters, and treated her with some respect, despite being the outcome of a bad situation. She even incited...

”Now, hold on a second. No, that’s not my intention,” Axelle growled. She continued to tell her daughter something that was also true, though not exactly the answer Tzila was looking for. ”I thought that whatever made her survive and find her way back to me was a good omen... So, I decided to bite the bullet and train her like I did you and Lithia. And hey, if it pays off in the end, I won’t complain.”

Axelle’s eyes wandered over to Eire who was training at she was instructed, and fighting an invisible foe. Neutrality hung heavy in Axelle’s eyes - it was forced, one could tell. Instead of the loving gaze most mothers would hold when looking upon their offpsring, Axelle’s was almost empty. There was no feeling behind it, no matter what she said. She couldn’t force feelings no matter how hard she tried to.

Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

Dead Topics