old stomping grounds

POSTED: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:06 pm

OOC - Set in the Black River Reserve aka old New Dawn territory. WC - 375

I'm breaking out

AniWaya’s disbandment had set off a familiar chain reaction of events and hurts Altair had not yet healed from. The particular parting from his little girl had cut him deeper than he’d imagined it would, but he had had to let her go, to live her own life, and to grow into the woman she’d seemed to suddenly become before his eyes. Marsali would spearhead the development of another pack that would not be touched or controlled by the Great Tribe that had kept the peaceful clan under thumb. She’d find something bold and free with the Alpha’s boy, a young brash something whom Altair had not felt completely at ease with keeping his Marsali safe, but one look from Fayne had soothed his ire. Sali had to live her own life, Daddy couldn’t always be there.

The family packed up what belongings they had and made their way back to the only other place they felt truly at home, New Dawn...or what was left of the lands where he and his mate had fallen in love. The scent of loners and intrusions of various other packs were what made up the bulk of what the brute still considered the Glen Eyrie, and though his massive secui paws walked the same paths he’d run ages ago, everything here felt foreign to him. There were enough similarities to draw some comfort however, and it was those little things that convinced Altair to stay.

They’d talked about joining Palaydrian in Vinatta, and ultimately, if his mate had truly wanted it, he would’ve followed her, but the two with their son Brinan, had decided to remain as a smaller unit for the time being. Home had become the old medical hut for them again and Altair had immediately began marking a modest chunk of territory by the lakeside. He felt confident that the three of them could lay claim to and protect a couple hundred yards of land, or at least maintain enough markers to keep any unwanted predators at bay.

The scarred behemoth was doing just that today, clawing tree trunks and marking stones and other natural landmarks to signify the invisible perimeter that encircled their reclaimed home.

Last chance to lose control

no one's gonna take me alive

X-tian
Luperci the darkest hour is just before the dawn A wounded deer leaps the highest.
Work Is Never Over

POSTED: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:01 am

She came to the Black River Reserve a lot to gather herbs for her medicines. This area had been where she had met that curious Coyote man and his horse. This was where she had found a lot of good herbs. Every few yards, Rio would bend down and collect a batch of some herb – whether it was tree bark down low, or what was left of tree leaves up high. There wasn’t much to be scavenged during this time of the year, but Rio liked to search for plants she needed right up until the snows hit. And snows have hit the lands already. It was surprising to find that some of the trees even still had leaves on them.

She would need to mix these leaves with others she had found in earlier months, she thought. They would have potentially lost their potency in the cold. Reaching up to collect what she thought were the last couple of worthy leaves she’d find for the day, they broke off and crumbled in her hand, sending a rain of crumbs down upon her head, entrapping them in her curly hair. She lowered herself from the tree, and sinister claw marks in the tree’s bark stared her in the face. What was that? She hadn’t noticed that before…

Looking around, Rio wanted to make sure she wasn’t near any packs… but she didn’t smell any. None like Salsola, Sapient, or Vinatta at least. Blue eyes scanned the area one last time before she shrugged, and continued further into the Reserve on the hunt for more herbs.

0 points. First trespasser?! :D
Resurgere

Sammiie
Luperci Medic
SINK BELOW THE GROUND

POSTED: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:42 pm

OOC - WC - 316

I'm breaking out

As much as he wished it to be, his old home didn’t feel like that to him anymore. Without the binding power of a pack to lay claim to the lands, that was what old New Dawn territory was now...the unchecked wilderness. The woods and beaches were familiar, always would be, but they no longer belonged to a group that could successfully control it. Altair thought plainly, but he wasn’t simple minded. It’d be impossible for his family to enforce the invisible barriers he so stubbornly sought to put in place. How could he keep any predator from traipsing onto the grounds he’d marked for the Amaroks when they lacked the proper numbers to hold onto it? He knew that inevitably, such a scenario was bound to happen. The brute believed he’d accepted this fact and swallowed the bitter pill, but he could not have predicted how swiftly his blood would be set aflame when his limited perimeters were breached.

He’d caught the intruder’s scent a few yards downwind and it’s effect on him was instantaneous. His paws, reminiscent of the monstrous bear that had once terrorized and hunted his old packmates in these very woods, churned up the earth to mix mud and rock into a slurry with the thin layer of snow. He came thundering from the depths of the Glen Eyrie, his eyes ablaze even before he took her fragile frame in, and the poisonous words of anger flying from his tongue in a bellowed roar. GET OUT!

The secui beast was the very image of wrath, postering like an oversized gorilla when he found her much deeper in the wilderness than he would’ve liked. The old medical hut--the place they’d been bedding down, was only a few hundred yards off and he’d be damned if the unwelcome visitor should discover it.

Last chance to lose control

no one's gonna take me alive

X-tian
Luperci the darkest hour is just before the dawn A wounded deer leaps the highest.
Work Is Never Over

POSTED: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:50 am

[ 000 ] » Have a mysterious Szenne, and Rio as her NPC. I'm bad at entrances, so feel free to assume Szenne didn't mysteriously appear lol.

Rio had not gotten far from the clawed tree before she was met with a large, polar-colored beast. Out of fear and instinct, but mostly fear, Rio stopped in her tracks at the sight of him. Her black coat stuck out in the clearing, but that didn’t matter much because she was in his green sights. And there was nowhere for her to go to escape him. The snow had fallen, and even as little of it was on the ground, it would slow her down. He would catch her, and he would do what he liked with her.

”God, I wouldn’t wanna cross the likes of him,” a voice spoke from behind her, and Rio turned to find a cream-colored Wolf with similar green eyes. She wondered if they were related. The female seemed very comfortable in their current predicament.

”I-I’m sorry. These lands didn’t seem claimed. I was just looking for a few medicinal plants…” Normally, Rio didn’t scare easily, but when she was caught by a huge, scarred beast that just simply roared at her, she was a little unhinged.

From behind, Szenne was more curious than anything. She had no intention of trespassing, but also no intention of leaving these unclaimed lands. ”Funny thing is… I ain’t smell a claim to these lands for miles. What pack lives here?” It would have been different if the male had been claiming a small piece of land, but he was defending a whole forest. Or trying to.

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics