Tagalong

South of KR

POSTED: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:03 pm

OOC: Liz is out riding and has been followed by a Logan.

IC:
The gelding’s hooves thumped, turning powder to crystal. Flod’s stride had never been long and his body never svelte – he wasn’t built for speed – but his gentle nature had always suited Eliza well. In the Winter, a stocky horse was a happier horse than one who could turn too easily to skin and bone, and if Flod was anything it was sturdy. Made for withstanding nature’s harshest efforts. Born for it – unlike Liz. With a slim build covered by a wiry but ultimately singular coat, she was better suited to sit by a fire during Winter.

She wore the cloak Austri had made for her when she’d been pregnant with Willow. It was oversized now, but well loved and well used since the onset of the snow. Even that cloak didn’t do a whole lot to chase away the chill in the air. Her fingers, wound into Flod’s pale mane, were numb, and they hadn’t been riding long - only long enough to have left Krokar and headed South towards the Saint Croix Highlands. Her teeth weren’t yet chattering, but she would probably ask herself why she had chosen such a frigid day for a ride into the neutral territories more times than she could count before they returned to Krokar.

She had wanted one last jaunt before the entire pack really had to settle in for a long, freezing Winter – but she had been a little too late. Between children, birds and caribou, Eliza’s plans to visit the Highlands had had to be put off several times over the course of several weeks. Now it was undoubtedly Winter proper, and it was only her stubborn nature which had convinced her to go anyway.

They hadn’t travelled as far as she’d assumed. In fact, they were only just South of Krokar – close enough still that when Liz turned in the saddle her gaze fell upon a four legged and heavily ticked figure.

“Logan!” she barked. “Said I’d be back soon. Could ya not wait?”

The boy shook his head, tongue lolling and breath steaming from his jaws.

“Just wanted to watch ya ride, Ma. Figure I’ll be shiftin’ soon enough ‘n’ I want a head start on things. Won’t do no harm to just follow ya, will it?”

The dog sighed and halted the gelding, who nickered. Flod certainly wasn’t complaining about Logan joining them, so Liz couldn’t even use the idea of him being spooked as an excuse for some alone time in the wilds.

“Fine. Keep yer eyes ‘n’ ears open, though - ‘n’ if I tell ya to go back to Krokar, you go. No questionin’ me.”

[400+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:54 am

[ 317 ] » Were you going for a super country accent? Because you nailed it and I’m in love! :D Had to hop in ~

The snows from the night before had blanketed the earth a lot heavier than she would have liked. Deep snow was hard to trudge in, especially on foot. Why she was on foot and not riding Couer puzzled even her as she looked up at Eire perched in the saddle. The Napier-Lykoi woman cupped her eyes, gazing out into the blinding white for the sound of thundering hooves in the distance.

Not that Axelle couldn’t see from her slightly stunted position beside the tall Shire, but she figured Eire would have a better, clearer view. ”What do you see?” They stood beside a collection of trees, so Axelle’s vision was slightly obscured for the moment. Eire could see well into the clearing.

”A woman on a horse waay over there,” Eire said, pointing into the distance. ”But she stopped. Can’t really tell why from here. She’s looking backwards on her horse, though.”

Axelle looked, too, peering out from behind the brush, and she could see the shapes that contrasted so well against the blinding white snow. Though, in her view, the woman looked straightforward and instead of being paused, she was galloping in the snow on her mount.

”Shit! She’s coming this way!” Eire hissed, casting her lotus gaze down to her mother at the horse’s side.

”We continue as normal as if we weren’t watching her. And you follow my lead no matter what it is!” Axelle hissed back, then dropped all hints of former knowledge and led the horse out into the clearing. The other brown woman still came towards them, but the two women just regarded her silently.

Silently, until—”Hey! There’s someone following her!” Eire the ever-so-obvious one. Axelle wanted to face-palm, but kept as much composure as she could muster. Yes, the woman’s follower was not observed before, but he didn’t seem to be much of a threat. He was an adolescent.

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:12 pm

OOC: I don't know what I was going for but I'm glad it sounds like an actual accent xD

IC:
It was something Liz herself might well have done as a child – only she would have been less successful in following Aster or Briar and would have had less sense than Logan around the towering horse. Despite the child’s recklessness in leaving Krokar, Eliza couldn’t be too angry with him. He was still being careful around Flod’s hooves and moving smoothly enough that he wouldn’t cause the gelding any concern.

The red dun gelding seemed thrilled to have the four-legged figure with them. His thick neck bent as he turned his head to touch noses with the pup, and Eliza hid a smirk behind one hand. She couldn’t really object to her elder son wanting to be with her – no doubt when the boys grew into teenagers she would look back on that desire to be around her at all times with saccharine fondness.

For now, her mouth pressed into a line but she made no move to drive Logan back towards the pack lands.

“Where’s yer brother?” she thought to ask.

“Bram’s with Da,” Logan responded swiftly, with a grin and a wave of his speckled tail. The pup was canny; he knew that if Bramble was being watched over by Milos it fell to Eliza to watch over him.

“Hmm.” For a moment the dog let silence settle between them and turned her eyes forward, checking the wilderness for potential threats.

“’n’ how soon do ya reck’n you’ll be shiftin’? I won’t have ya growin’ up too fast, ya know.” A smile had worked its way onto Liz’s scruffy maw as she addressed the speckled boy.

“Yes, Ma,” Logan conceded in a drawn out tone which implied he had heard this line a thousand times before. “But I will grow up ‘ventually!”

Liz shifted her gaze back to the land ahead of them and hurriedly hushed the child.

“What do ya see?”

Logan’s sunset eyes narrowed as he halted abruptly.

“People. Two of ‘em. Are we gonna say ‘ello?”

Eliza considered his request in silence before nudging Flod into a trot. It never hurt to know what loners were doing close to Krokar. Logan broke into a lope to keep up but his bravado seemed to have fled from him.

“’Ello,” Eliza greeted the pair with a dip of her head, flaming curls flying in the breeze. Her voice was bright, but she shot Logan a look which told him in no uncertain terms to behave himself.

“Hiya,” the pup added, his eyes on the younger of the two. “’m Logan. Who’re you?”

[425]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

[ 273 ] » :D

Luckily for them, Axelle and Eire didn’t seem like much of a threat. Even though both of them had been armed with daggers, and Axelle with her swords, the blades were sheathed and there was no movement to retrieve them no matter how uncertain the situation seemed to be. Mothers often did not fight in front of their young unless completely necessary, and Axelle learned from experience that Luperci of Nova Scotia seemed to be a bit more hospitable towards strangers anyhow.

”Hello,” Axelle spoke, dipping her muzzle shallowly. ”I’m Axelle, and this is my daughter, Eire.” From one side, the woman seemed equipped for these types of lands – blanketed with white snow. Yet, the other side of her seemed to be adaptable only to a different type of landscape – certainly a dark, nighttime one. Her right side contrasted strongly against the blinding white snow.

Eire was a different story. Her pelt took on grays and oranges that may have taken a better chance at camouflage. Only her face showed the stark differences that her mother’s body seemed to display. Her red eyes, however, would have been unmistakable to anyone who knew the Lykoi clan.

”We were attempting to hunt, but we haven’t seen anything around for a couple of miles. It might be time to rest and water the horse for a bit. Have any idea where the nearest water source is?” Eire asked. Axelle cast a dirty glance up in her direction as if to say shut up. In different times, Axelle may have even forcefully quieted her down, but in the presence of company, Eire was safe for the moment.

Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

Dead Topics