take me down to the forest

[lena- joining]

POSTED: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:12 pm

[--]
Lena first pleeeeease <333

Teme Optime is by Alaine!

While the dark Stormbringer did not agree to this grudgingly, there was a sadness in him when they'd left the hut behind this morning. He'd come to see it as a place of shelter- they'd found a temporary home there when they'd moved from Hilsburn and it had once against provided them with a home when he and Lena had needed it. But it wasn't enough. Deep down, he knew this to be true. It was a cyclical existence and while he had Lena all to himself, he couldn't deny the loneliness. He'd been surrounded by a pack, or at least family, for his whole life and finding himself with just one companion had begun to wear away at him. He was a driven male and the simple existence was simply not challenging for him. Of course, he hadn't rolled over when Lena had asked him to move and he'd put up a small fight to let her know that he wasn't simply agreeing to avoid conflict.

Their teasing manner hadn't changed much since their sexual encounter, though he occasionally found himself looking at her from a distance. They were just friends- friends experimented and he was glad he'd been able to go through that experience with his friend. But he was sure that they were just that- friends. Their journey was quiet and gentle however- neither seemed in a hurry to get to where they were going and it was perhaps a reluctance to leave their freedom behind. However, the more he thought about it, the more excited the male became. While they'd left Vinátta to explore more of the peninsula, that didn't necessarily mean they couldn't join another pack.

As with their departure from Vinátta, the pair had little on them, only useful possessions that they could carry. Temeraire's bow was strung across his chest, his antler-handled knife in its place on his left thigh and his gnarled staff in his left hand, occasionally moving rubble or branches out of Lena's way. It was automatic and he didn't need to think about it. They were relatively quiet until the strengthening scents of pack came to a crescendo and they stopped. "I think these are the borders..." He offered, glancing across to make sure the blind girl stopped. "I'll call." He said simply, before lifting his head, a call sent up to those in the Court.

Temeraire Stormbringer
Tem is on a trip to Freetown 20th-31st May
He is in optime form with no clothes unless otherwise specified
Avatar by Alaine, Sig by Nat/Sie

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:58 pm

We're all young and naive still
It was mostly her idea for them to join the pack. Ever since they had settled by the lakes in their little, homely hut, she had become calmer herself, and she wanted that to change. The first few weeks since they arrived were remembered in a frenzied blur, her excitement to explore the territory making the days move on fast. Now, it seemed she knew every tree and bush within a mile radius, and boredom easily crept upon her. The nights were fun, since she had Temeraire to talk to and jib at, but during the day she was mostly left to her own devices, and exploring the same woods wore her down.

Predictably, he was a bit difficult—was anything simple between them?—but in the end they had come to an agreement. She had made points that made the switch back to pack life more enticing. They would be able to handle the winter even better, and even suggested they could always go back to the lakes in the spring. He didn't need much to be convinced, but he did have his reservations, which was understandable between the both of them. Trading away assured freedom had to be regarded with careful light, but Lena knew that and still wanted to join a pack. Anything to hopefully rid herself of the plaguing boredom and to meet new people.

The short jaunt from the huts to where she assumed the Court laid was made mostly in silence, with the occasional speech made every other minute. Lena did not have much; the Frithr necklace and the piece of green cloth that covered her eyes from time to time was the only items she had for herself. It was during one of the expanding silences her mind had wandered and she had stumbled across a thought that pulled her short, and she almost felt embarrassed before pushing it out of mind. It was not a naturally occurring thought, but on odd moments she would think about that one night she had shared with him. But, they were never focused upon, and whenever the notion appeared, she forced it out. It was not as if she regretted what they had done, but thinking about it felt weird, and, besides, it wasn't a big deal—or at least, the both of them made it seem that way. She did not want to make something out of nothing, and instead thought about what the Court had for them.

She smelled the borders as they approached it closer, and she stopped as the boy announced verbally that they were there. They seemed to be close enough to it without them being too close. She wanted to make a jab at his statement, perhaps to playful question if he knew what borders were or if they had spent too much time out in the wild, but she refrained. She was almost a year old—she should start acting like an adult, at least in front of people she wanted to impress. The teasing would come later, certainly. Okay, she stated as she absentmindedly swung her arms, her nose somewhat tipped to the sky to see what was about. There was nothing out of place though, other than the nearby scent markers.

What do you suppose the Court is like? she asked, allowing some of the air of tease to enter her tone, Do you think it's fancy? The idea of that pulled a grin onto her face. Mostly it was the thought of having to be proper herself; hair groomed, clothed in soft dresses, and acting as if she was sensible. The idea and image of that seemed entirely unlike her, and the thought was laughable. Her, being all those things.

omg Aly is a rambler D8 / +628
what do you know, this house is falling apart

POSTED: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Hey guuuuys

Silvano swung his sword at the mannequin. His grip felt weird, fingers wrapped around the leather covered hilt. It felt heavy in his palms as she swung at the light wood with it's stone core. The choonk sound it made when the steel - or was it iron? - dug into the wood made the man's hair stand on end. The metal vibrated in his hold, making it really uncomfortable and hard to hold onto properly. He was trained in the sword but it had been a long while since he had properly practiced. It made his arms throb sore, as muscles used to light daggers were tested with heavy metal and double handed grips. He was still not properly strong in the hand for the swords. The exercises he worked on were strengthening his arms though, and he could feel his arms growing more bulgy from the use.

Just as he swung the length of steal, a call rang out, and shot his attention span all to hell. His head turned as he swung and he felt the sword miss as he overextended his arm. The weapon shot out of his hands as he growled as fingers rubbed at the strained muscles in his wrist and arms. They ached dully but he ignored it as he retrieved the fallen sword. With the edge of the cape lying at the base of a stone block, he wiped the dry grass and dirt off, sheathing it at his waist. It hung from the leather belt he had added to his dark jeans. Whoever called was waiting for him and he would not disappoint, especially if it meant a break from this rather infuriating exercise in swordsmanship.

He swirled the cape around his neck, deftly clasping it at his throat and curling the edges of it around his front as he headed off at a brisk pace to the borders were the call had come from. Snow crunched underfoot as he walked on, the cape swirling behind him and around him, and he had to push it back a little bit as it tried to tangle up in front of his legs. By the time he managed to get to the borders, moments had passed (or really a lot of moments), and the man found himself peering at a pair. The two were strangers to him, entirely unfamiliar and no scent marked them out to him. Silvano gave a smile to the pair, ignoring the way his breathing left frozen vapor in front of his nose.

"Welcome to the borders of Cour des Miracles. I am Silvano, King of these lands." he said magnanimously, the heavy red cloak settling about him and covering his arms. The glint of the hilt still stood out in the light, and knew that it was obvious he was armed. Still, his pose was relaxed as he smiled slightly at the pair. "What may I help you with?" The man raised his brows a tad, skipping any pleasantries as was his right to. He was not rude but definitely to the point. Perhaps pleasantries could come after.

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 am

[--]
<333

Her quiet acquiescence, free of any jest caused him to look over her, perhaps to check that she was alright. She'd hedged some good points when she'd first bought the point up and she seemed to genuinely want to join a pack. But perhaps she was as apprehensive as he was inwardly- would they fit in here? Would they be accepted? Temeraire was not a male to over-think things and worrying was a pointless exercise. They would either fit in, or they wouldn't. And as Lena had assured him, they could stay for the winter and if they so chose, they could leave in the spring to continue their adventures. Her quiet questions caused him to glance back over at her, an unbidden smile on his lips. "I have... no idea. But I'm sure they'll accept us as we are." He tried to reassure her.

The pair fell into silence, the cold winds ruffling his back and hair. Tem had never worn clothes- he found them restrictive and unnecessary and therefore preferred no clothes. But the sight of a cloaked figure approaching caused an envy in the male- he wanted a cloak to keep the wind and rain off. He had little time to brood on this subject however- the flash of metal at the brown males hip alerted him to the weapon, though the others posture was relaxed. White rimmed ears flashed forward, responding to the vibrations of the others words. Silvano- the name was retained immediately, as well as the rank he presented himself with. His enquiry to their business at the borders was answered by the Stormbringer male, a step forward given.

"I'm Temeraire and this is Lena. We're looking for a home." He stated simply, his tone relatively even. Since living solely with Lena, Temeraire occasionally forgot that others were not blind and could see his facial expressions. He had to forcibly remind himself that King Silvano would most certainly be able to see any smirk or half smile and the male therefore kept his face hopeful but neutral. It would do neither of them any good for his usual arrogant attitude to hinder this process.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:42 am

She could nearly hear the smile upon his lips as he said there was nothing to worry about. I wonder how wild we look, she commented, though to no one in particular, as they slipped into another silence as his call beckoned whoever would answer it. Lena doubted that either of them looked terrible, but then again, they may have looked—maybe uncivilized was the word she was looking for? At least on her part, anyway; she could not tell how Temeraire kept up his appearance. Making sure her long, straight mane didn't tangle was the only step she took towards concern for her appearance, and even then she let it fell as it wished. She was not simply one who took precautions with looks nor felt self-conscious about it. It was a hard thing to worry over when one couldn't tell otherwise.

While no words announced his arrival, Lena could faintly hear his approach, and scented the man as he stepped closer to the pair; as far as she could tell, he was one of high rank, and nothing more. He gave his name and his rank—the dark girl managed to repress a big grin that was daring to cross her face; kings and queens were definitely fancy stuff. So far, Silvano the King seemed okay. He jumped straight to the point, and she enjoyed that it looked like this wouldn't take too long. She almost answered his question, but Temeraire beated her to the punch, and at that her lips twitched, almost forming a grin though not quite.

Mh-hm, she affirmed lightly as her pale eyes "looked" out to where the man was standing. She wondered if he noticed that she was blind yet, but then again, she supposed it did not matter much. She doubted it would hurt their chances of joining, if not actually aiding their cause, though this was noted with a little chagrin. She didn't want to appear helpless, and for that to be one of the reasons they were accepted would not please her much. But, Lena didn't worry; she supposed she didn't do anything to tip off the man that something was off about her, and decided not to attract too much attention to herself.

+374

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:41 am

Hey guuuuys

They barely twitched at the rank he presented, but had no doubt they understood the implications of it. Silvano ran his gaze between one dark figure to the other, taking in nothing more than what he saw about them. One was a well muscled man and the other a pretty looking girl. He knew nothing of who they were beneath their hides, and knew nothing of their relationship, or the nature of it. Yet, he returned the girl's almost grin, letting it form fully on his features before shifting his gaze to the dark male. The name was not familiar, but he added it to the list of those he had personally helped into the pack, letting them join in their ranks.

Obviously friends at the very least, it just meant that the two of them would have an easier time adjusting. Not that the pack was unfriendly, but a familiar face always made life a little bit more bearable. And there was no reason for him to say no to these people, especially since they came willingly, and did not impede on his pride, rank, and protocol. Still, there was more that he needed to know from them, and could not let them pass him without the answers being given freely.

"I see no reason to send you away from our borders," he said slowly, knowing that his tone betrayed his brief hesitation. "But I do have some things to ask before I take you in." He put up a hand immediately to stifle any possible protestations or assertions of premature loyalty, choosing to simply let out all his words. "First, are you fleeing from anything we should be aware of? Is there any reason to believe we might be expecting trouble?" This was the most serious of his questions, and the most important. He had to know that there were no dirty shadows following behind the pair, even if they looked respectable enough.

His hand lowered, and his features changed to something a little less sober and a little more friendly. "And second, what do you bring to our table? Are you fighters? Crafters? Fish oil makers?" He pulled a face, remembering the vague stink of the whale oil; he would not want to relive that experience, exactly.

SILVANO SADIRA
Now, I've learned it's better living in the moment. Enjoy youth, cause it doesn't last.

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:42 am

[--]
<333

Still Lena wondered allowed, revealing a relatively deep concern for her. He didn't think she was particularly concerned over her appearance, but the concern was certainly there now. Temeraire gave a snicker, a normal response for him and he nudged into her gently. "I look perfectly civilised... you on the other hand, have all sorts of twigs on your bum and a smear of rabbit poo on your cheek." He taunted, his half-smile widening to a grin. This was his relationship with Lena perfectly- picking on each other was a way of reassurance for them it seemed. His attention refocused on the approaching King and the grin slipped from his face into a more serious expression. He gave their names, to which the King replied with a relatively positive look at their chances. There was no reason to send them away, Temeraire agreed.

Temeraire had witnessed enough new members into Vinátta to know that it never was without questions. Luckily, neither of the dark pair had anything to hide and as the males first question came forth, Temeraire's answer quickly formed in his head. The King's hand rose as if to pause his thoughts, another question coming from the other. Temeraire supposed they were both relatively easy for himself to answer, though Lena would surely add her own comments after. "I can assure you that there are none in pursuit of us. We come from Vinátta in the north, where my father leads. We left to explore more of the lands and settled over at the Moonstones lakes for a while." He offered with an easy half smile.

"My own skills lie in combat- I'm still young and learning a lot, but I'm getting practised with my staff and more accurate with my bow." He showed each weapon as he mentioned it, before offering up his antler-handled knife. "I'm not so skilled with the knife yet, but I'm working towards getting better." Re-sheathing the knife at his thigh. He considered Helexia and his ability to ride- again it was rudimentary, but he could do it. "I have an interest in horses and can ride as well as take care of them." He offered finally, before glancing towards Lena and allowing her to speak.

Temeraire Stormbringer

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:46 am

A toothy grin came upon her face for a moment as he described her appearance, and she let out a quiet laugh in reply. Then I look perfect. As her mouth eased into a more serious fashion, she could not help but feel grateful that Temeraire was here. She had went through joining processes a few times before, and knew how they went, but she was never alone when she did, and those times had been she was young and did not have to say much. She may have handled herself finely if she did not have the boy by her side, but she knew he made things an easier process.

As introductions and intentions were cleared out of the way, the King began to speak again, though his otherwise welcoming words were carried with a reversed tone. But, it came to no surprise to her when he said that they would have to answer a few questions, since his previous words were alluding to such, and she just nodded in acknowledgment, perfectly understanding his reasoning and had no protests for it. She nodded agreement as he spoke about how no one was following after them for vengeance. Lena thought, if anyone was following them, it would be her brother or her mother, and she doubted that they were—as far as she knew, she thought they were happy in New Dawn, and perhaps they didn't even know that she had left Vinátta. Even if, they weren't the ones to cause trouble.

Temeraire explained all the skills he had that she was already familiar with, and when he trailed off after mentioning his horsemanship, she began to list out her own skills. I'm a decent hunter and fighter, she stated, though her rather bold tone alluded that were words were not so humble as they seemed to be. It had been a while since she had practiced with her family, but she doubted that her skills in that area had dulled over the course of a short time. I can also identify plants and herbs—whether they're edible, if they can heal you, that sort of thing. Thoughts of Drin and her mother—her teachers—came to mind.

I can also mend wounds, though only minor cases. She wondered if they had a healer here that could teach her more, but she decided to save that question for later. And that's about it! she concluded lightly, crossing her arms over her chest in affirmation that she had finished, ears perked forward to see what Silvano had to say about them.

sorry for the slight delay! / +431

POSTED: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:33 pm

C: welcome guuuuys, we can keep posting here but you guys are free to post nows.

They both had a variable of skills, though the woman seemed a little more inexperienced. But she also appeared to be younger than the both of them, but Silvano was definitely beginning to get older and older (even though he was far from being an old fart in age - he's already an old fart in mentality). Still, the desire to learn was incredibly admirable and Silvano truly did appreciate someone willing to continue their education in something important or very helpful to life and others.

He nodded his head as the two of them listed off their abilities and started to make mental notes about the both of them. Their faces were burned into his mind as well as the gist of their abilities. Lena was more of a healer-type person, and Temeraire was a warrior, especially a man after his own heart. Which was easy to say of anyone who fought since there were so many of them - even if the King hardly agreed with a few of the more ravenous murderous ones.

Silvano's face held a broad smile at the man's mention of horsemanship. "Ah, I thought I'd like you. I, too, love horses - though mine sometimes strains that affection, though I am more of a swordsman or knife wielder. You are probably the first staff user and archer we've had, at least at my time here." It was a good prognisses; he wanted more archers, and wanted to learn himself. Ranged ability was definitely something to look for, as it minimized melee combat that might end in a mess. "You'll have to teach me archery some time, and I'm sure others would be interested as well." It was a useful skill and would be an asset. Perhaps there was another warrior to join their ranks. It was quite sad, there had been no new knights, though several were prospective and Skoll was coming close. Even Silvano had never become one, having become a leader before he could achieve it. Perhaps it was not a loss?

The King turned his emerald eyes on the woman, focusing on her. "We have a medic with us right now, my cousin Rio, and I'm sure she can offer any advice or assistance." He looked at her thoughtfully, a brief pause as he racked his brains. "We don't have an apothecary though, if that's more your interest." Rio was more a medic than an apothecary and Silvano knew that a dedicated apothecary would definitely make it easier. Shaking his head, he smiled, stepping back a bit. "Well, I suppose that's that. Welcome to the Court. Would you like me to take you to our main living place? We encourage newcomers to stay there, and then they can look for a house or den on their own.".

SILVANO SADIRA

Cour des Miracles
Dead
Gen
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 pm

Please disregard the links, they're all broken (though I swear I had fixed this?) - Sorry!
Welcome to Cour des Miracles!

You've joined a bunch of misfits in a pack of freedom! There is plenty you can do to get started with us. New member should do some of the following;

• Visit our maintenance thread thread to add your character to our member directory / residency listing. You can also turn in points and request rewards.
    • You can add your own information to our directory or claim a residence at our wiki here.
  • Check out our laws and rules pages to see what you should know about the Court.
  • Take a look at the game, which could net you titles, icons, and other prizes!

Check out the open threads list to see if there is anyone who would like someone to join them. You may also start your own open thread, welcome to anyone in the pack. If that isn't your cup of tea, start a thread request or check out their posts to plot with other members!

Do you still need help with Cour des Miracle things? Feel free to contact Meghann or Gen with your questions and concerns.
Welcome to the Court!

Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

Dead Topics