E
X
T
Words: 311
Date: Present
Place: edge of Musquo. Valley & Dampwoods
Form: Optime
For Greed. Dusk.

She loitered on the edge of Musquodoboit Valley where the cottages thinned out, but the same style was still present; where she could see the old, wooden walls of her old home in the distance through a clearing. In the right lighting. Fortunately, as the sun set behind the horizon and cast a yellow glow over all things exposed, it illuminated the wooden walls of Anathema. She had no real intention of going anywhere near Anathema, but the prey had led her there. Then as she weaved through the collection of old cottages looking for that pesky doe that ran through there, she realized just how close she had come to its borders.

She stopped, in the center of what seemed to be a small village like that of the one she’d grown up in, like Thackary Village. She stopped and just stared, lowering her bow to her side. Those rotted wooden walls were foreign to her now, and the happenings within were none of her business. She didn’t even know if Kentaro was still alive. What happened to Amorette? Aeron? Lelouch? Had they all gotten along alright? Was there a new leader yet? There always seemed to be a new leader when the seasons changed or when there was a new year.

Lowering her long bow to the ground, the narrow end stuck into the icy snow. She cast her glance to the side. She was no longer loyal to Anathema and it wasn’t right for her to wonder. Unless she wondered for secrets, it wasn’t getting her anywhere to stand there and wonder about what could have been and what was.

Picking up her bow and slinging it over her shoulders, she went back to walking through the village. She decided to altogether abandon the doe in favor of putting more distance between her and Anathema. She headed South.

Stock: Martin Heigan
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:59 pm

His spirits were greatly lifted after the discussion between his family and himself that happened the day before. He had a chance now, to prove himself. He had never really thought he needed to, but when the opportunity arose that could change his life, he eagerly grasped it. Lust and Wrath were equally as eager and with them to draw encouragement and support from, they would have no troubles in the world. There was no doubt in his mind that they would get where they wanted if they worked hard and stuck to it.

He was still surprised by the outcome of the meeting with Evangeline. Now, he new he'd misjudged her. She'd always be a pretty princess in his mind though and nothing would change that, for now at least.

With a new attitude, Greed went through the quickly passing day. He hadn't changed much from his daily routing except now, he had a goal to work towards. He went for his run in the morning, spent the middle part of the day training, and now he was heading back from a successful hunt so he could celebrate with Lust and Wrath. Maybe he could even get Wrath to down some Liquor. The thought drew a ravishing smile to his maw as he lackadaisically navigated home. The earthen king had a doe slung over his shoulder, claws dug into it to keep it in place.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.
We still believe

POSTED: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

If the morning light don't steal our soul
O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 426
Date: Present
Place: edge of Musquo. Valley & Dampwoods
Sorry for the wait!

Even as she made good distance and had almost reached the outer skirts of the Valley, she smelled blood that immediately caught her interest. It lifted in the air and blew towards her on the breeze. At first, she tried to ignore it, but the more she walked away from it, the more it taunted her. Had it been the deer? Had Anathema taken another victim? It turned her stomach to think of her old pack. She had pushed the characters from that part of her life out of her head, but as the scent of her old home was on the breeze, they forced their way back into her head. All the memories and the people she had forcefully forgotten muscled their way into her ears, walked through the doorways of her eyes, and paddled their way on the scent into her nostrils. And it all happened at once.

Before she could stop herself, she had already chosen to return and follow the scent. For the first few miles, it was obstructed by the skeletal remains of the homes that remained in the Valley, but once she broke the ice and pushed back toward beyond the houses, she quickly learned what the scent was… and who had taken her doe.

”So that was where the doe went…” she spoke, unamused. She watched Greed carry the doe over his arm, struggling a bit as he walked.

She had forgotten about Greed, too, and all the strange adventures they had found themselves on. She couldn’t deny that their adventures had been fun, but she could deny that she had liked him. Even just a little. She could also deny that he had liked her, even if it was just a little. She denied anything positive about her former home. She had forsaken it just like her mother. She threw those things in the waste basket in the dark corner of her brain and called it unworthy.

Lithia’s pink eyes lingered on the brown form of her former pack mate. As much as she rejected Anathema, she also wondered what had been happening. She wondered where he had been and what had been up with him. She couldn’t help but wonder if her mother had returned to Anathema or was she still out there chasing shadows and neglecting her family. She wondered whether Kentaro had been cast from the group yet, or had he reclaimed a position that he thought was right for him… Had Greed stepped up to the plate? No, she didn’t smell that on him…

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 am

The earthen king's mind had drifted as he walked. It wasn't like him to let his thoughts go like he was, but his elated state of mind had him distracted. The weight of the deer bore heavy on his shoulder although he didn't realize it until and his hand gave out. Greed's eyes widened as the deer began to fall and his other hand reached over quickly to try and stop it, but he wasn't focused enough to do so. The doe collided with the earth with a dull thud. The soft, snowy landscape muffled it's fall. Greed huffed and then groaned dramatically. Note to self, more muscles may be necessary. Greed massaged his shoulder for a moment and stretched his sore arm out.

No Greed, too many muscles and you'll end up like Wrath. He could fight a bear but I doubt he'd have any success running from one. A smirk spread across Greed's lips as he conversed with himself. Speed was the one thing he could pride himself on above any of his siblings, or probably any of his pack mates. Who needs muscles? I have plenty. He scoffed, adding a momentary flex to his monologue. He prided himself in his appearance, even if his body wasn't nearly as heavily muscled as his brother. They both excelled in their own ways. Brute strength, just happened not to be one of Greed's strong attributes.

Greed knelt down to pick the deer back up, but froze in his tracks. Amber eyes were drawn to a movement in the distance and his face jerked in that direction. He swore he saw the outline of someone standing somewhat far off. His Luperci eyes were never the most trustworthy of his senses. Dark ears pushed forward as he scanned his surroundings. Slowly, he stood. He wasn't alone, he could feel it. Who's there? His voice rang like a bell in the silent winter landscape. His eyes remained glued to wear he thought he saw the figure. A hand rose to rest on his Wakizashi just in case he was going to need to fight back. Whoever was lingering, was either going to show themselves or be chased down by the fastest thing on two paws.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:03 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 310
Date: --
Place: --
ooc text here

Lithia had unintentionally ducked behind a house just trying to get a better vantage point to see her former acquaintance and what he’s done with her doe. It seemed as though she easily became a floating voice in this regard, while she never intended to be. Lithia’s concentration had been stealth in her former pack, though it wasn’t something she practiced all the time. It would seem that she didn’t need to be stealthy around Greed because he did a fine job confusing himself.

”If you can’t recognize my voice, then you have bigger problems on your hands than your lack of muscles...” she sneered, stepping out from behind one of the houses. She was in his vision now, closer than before, and she stopped moving. She would be seen if he looked for the source of the voice. Pink eyes watched him, wondering what had become of the handsome Lykoi child. He looked the same, though. Nothing on him had changed save for maybe a few new scars and his matured features. Otherwise, he was the same handsome, smooth Hybrid, thin and built, but not like Wrath. He was as lithe as she remembered him to be.

”It’s nice to see you, Greed, but I don’t appreciate you stealing my dinner...” she spoke, her tone a little more harsh now. Really, the dinner wasn’t a big deal. She could find another doe later on and shoot an arrow through its eye socket and drag it back to Sapient for a well-deserved meal. She’d have an easier time getting it back there anyway, versus carrying it all the way through Drifter Bay from here. ”If I had caught it, I would have been willing to share with the less fortunate.” Meaning him, of course. It was playful banter and friendly competition. Though, realistically, Lithia thought she was better than him.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:57 pm

There is no such thing, as no such thing.

Only moments after he questioned into the silence a voice answered back. Dark ears whirled on his head in response to the familiar voice. He hadn't seen her in so long yet the memories he made with her remained and hearing her voice caused that familiar churning in his stomach. He hadn't expected it to do so. Lithia? For a moment he was dazed and then a large grin spread across his face. He lifted himself up forgetting about the doe for now. He hadn't heard her speak before, probably too lost in his own thoughts and monologue. Of course I recognize your voice, how could I forget it? His amber orbs searched for her, almost longing for her appearance to grace him.

He couldn't help the wag of his tail as his eyes landed on her and met that sharp fuchsia gaze. Once he realized how much of a giant pup he must look like he straightened up and rolled his shoulders back in a confident manner. His tail ceased to wag and his expression grew just a taste of sultriness. Oh! It was your deer? My mistake Gorgeous. He teased sarcastically, although he had stepped over a large threshold that he never could have before. I can put it right back where I found it, if you like. Of course he was joking and he hoped the mottled female wouldn't take it to offence.

Lithia declared him less fortunate and he couldn't help but chuckle. He wouldn't say it out loud, but in this situation it was she that was less fortunate for he had caught the deer first. Who said I wouldn't do the same for you? Without further word, Greed unsheathed his dagger and began cutting a hind leg off for the bright eyed beauty. Once dislodged from the rest of the doe, Greed walked it over to Lithia. He needed an excuse to get closer to her so he could really get a look at her. She was every bit as beautiful as he remembered. There was a long inelegant silence as Greed reached her and got lost in his attraction. Will this suffice as a token of apology for stealing your dinner? He grinned widely at her and waited for her response. His tail had subconsciously started to sway behind him and he couldn't help but feel a tension his his gut. She was always so stern and very hard to read.

ooc stuff here | [wc — ??] template by hilli
The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:47 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 200+
sorry for my sloww :|

The Anatheman in her peripheral vision did nothing to calm what little of her nerves were up in a toss. It discomforted her to be this close to her old home after she basically sold them out to get into Sapient. She felt like a traitorous bitch some days, and then others she was proud of using her abilities to get what she wanted. And then there were days when she was graced with Anathemans she liked – like Greed and Leticia – and she felt a twinge of sadness and longing to live nearer to them again so that she’d see them more than just once in a while, by the stroke of luck.

She would never admit it, but she was glad to see Greed.

”Can you even carry it back that far?” He was struggling to get it home as it was. She was tempted to request that he do so that she could watch him embarrass himself. It was quite a way to go, if he was going to carry it back. She watched him cut a leg free from the carcass – the blood staining the grass. He offered it to her, but at first she hadn’t moved from her place in the dirt road. ”Make it double, and I’ll forget all about the theft.” Even when she won over the argument, it always had to be on her terms.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 am

Was it that obvious that his shoulder had gone numb and his arm burned slightly from the prolonged weight of the deer? He didn't think so. Greed moved his shoulder intuitively to shake off some of the numbness. He got so lost in thought that he didn't really feel it, but now that the deer was on the forest floor his arm felt heavy. The umber king scoffed to himself. He would have carried it back just fine, or at least far enough for Wrath to take over.

Even after Greed offered Lithia his peace offering, she asked for more. He couldn't help but grin at her and then sigh dramatically. Fine! Whatever you want Princess. I wouldn't want to be left feeling like I robbed you. He raised his brow before he turned and lumbered back over to the deer. He spoke over his shoulder as he knelt down to flip the deer and cut off the other leg. ... and I can totally carry this back on my own. He shook his head as he carved. His tail was now clearly wagging and he felt the familiar adrenaline rush he felt when she was part of Anathema. He missed her. He didn't realize it until she was here, standing before him our of some brush of fate. If he believed in such thing.

Once he had the second leg free from the carcass he set down his dagger and returned to the candy eyed female once again. His head raised and he looked at her for another moment before holding out both long arms which each held a well muscled leg. Even then? Once she took the legs, or he set them down for later, Greed wiped his hands down on the thick fur of his thighs. Okay, now that I'm no longer guilty. How about we catch up? Since you traveled all this way. I'll even build a fire for you if you want. His brow raised suggestively, willing to do most anything to appease the beauty. He wondered why she came so far. It certainly wasn't for a deer, or if it was that was hard to believe. Of course she didn't come back for him, considering he was much too afraid to actually pursue her in his youth. Greed held nothing against Lithia for leaving Anathema. Even he didn't hold close ties to the pack himself, despite his large family. The pack was a mess, always had been. Hopefully, it wouldn't always be. That's what he was aiming to fix, he and Wrath would help Anathema to become more than a tragic blotch on the map. He was sure of it.

The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

POSTED: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:45 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 200+
ooc text here

Lithia smirked down at him while he grumbled, but otherwise obeyed her and cut another leg free from the deer. She stood perfectly still, wondering what had become of her old pack, but refusing to admit it. She watched the blood-stained grass, the liquid leaking from the deer as Greed handled it. ”Yeah, now you can because it’s lighter. If you think about it, I just did you a favor.” By relieving him of some of his food, she also made his load lighter. What a proper trade!

Lithia snorted in amusement as Greed tried to brush it off like it was no big deal. He never changed, even from when they were exploring together as kids. He was still the same, and she wondered if his other freakish siblings were the same. She wondered how many litters Lust had now that she grew into her maturity. ”Sure,” she affirmed simply. ”I’ll hang out with you for a little while.”

She grabbed the two legs of her deer, one in each hand, and quirked an eyebrow at him. ”Are we gonna build the fire here or somewhere else? Do you need help carrying that?” she taunted, nodding to the rest of the deer in the grass. A playful smirk rested upon her lips as she waited for his bluff to cover it all up.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Greed paused momentarily from carving to deer to glance up at Lithia and offer her a stone cold gaze accompanied by an out of place smile. Thanks! He nearly shouted, sarcastically, over to her although he got more of a kick out of her smart remarks more than anything. He always enjoyed their playful banter and even more now that he had grown accompanied to his own mannerisms. The awkwardness he held from his youth had mostly faded, although it did surface occasionally.

The Umber King's smile grew warmer as Lithia accepted his proposal to sit and talk for a while. Wonderful. Greed mused as the mottled beauty relieved him of the two legs from the freshly killed deer. Greed scoffed as she tossed another remark at him. You're not getting anymore off that deer. He joked handsomely leaning down to pick up a freshly fallen branch to start their fire. There's a small cave nearby. I don't like the look of the clouds overhead and fire is useless in rain. With that, he strutted to the deer tossing a glance over his shoulder to see if Lithia would follow. He picked up the deer, holding it in place on his shoulder with it's two front legs still left from Lithia's own greed.

The earthen Lykoi remained silent as he looked over at Lithia again with his shoulders rolled back and well defined chest pressed out dominantly. It was a display, for her, because now he was no longer a child. Greed would make her see him as he saw himself. Even though he may not be the lanky awkward teenager he used to be, she still made him act different than most anyone else.

It was only a short walk to the cave. His shoulder easily survived the trip with the mangled deer carcass atop it. Once there, he set it down gently and began to pick up other twigs and branches from around the cave. When he had enough to begin the fire, he purposefully placed them in an already dug out whole. A lot of the caves around here had already been used and explored this winter, by himself and other passerby. It was very convenient for both of them today. A spark was created by two rocks which were then tossed back aside when the flame lit within inside the small house of sticks. Greed blew upon the small flame to encourage it to spread and soon they had a reasonable size fire to sit around. He plopped himself down beside the fire and then looked to Lithia. So, did leaving Anathema turn out to be a good life choice? He was curious and straight to the point. He held nothing against her, but he was curious about her life now.

The Order
The Quill
Sami
We still believe

Dead Topics