Best of a bad situation... or a good one.

[p]Dove

POSTED: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:45 pm

WC: 313 OOC: Set for moring of the 14th of January, I hope you are okay with this!!

Sam still found himself in the dampwood. He had an eventful night and it was just one more stop for him when he was forced to make camp in the woods. It was ok. It wasn’t like he was in a hurry for anything. He had much to live for, but why rush it? So he wasn’t displeased having made very little progress that day. He would make up for it…. Maybe and if he didn’t that meant he would be gaining more memories, more life in his own tale. It was a wild tale as it was already.

He woke early that morning. It was quite chilly. He made sure to strike up his fire as soon as he could and got his breakfast ready to cook. Once he heard the thick crackling of the logs he put his prize meal in the coals to cook and waited. As he waited he groomed Major, the large dark brown and white horse. Major loved the attention Sam gave to him. Sam had made sure to have all the gear off the horse and just his halter and a rope when he went to bed the night before so Major wasn’t carrying around everything all night long. He was meticulous where everything went.

He wasn’t afraid his stuff would be stolen, mostly because he was a light sleeper, and if he didn’t wake he had his own small traps that would certainly scare away whoever was trying to thieve his goods, or wake him up for sure. He was brushing the horse and talking to him about what his plans were; “It’s pretty there; my father thought it was the best place to settle. The ocean is a magnificent sight.” He said; remembering the area that once held Cercatori. He wondered how much the wilderness took over now that it was bare once more.
Avatar by Despi Signature by Aly

Shawchert
Luperci
so super weirdo

POSTED: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:03 am

Dove wasn't a Sciens, she was a Fera. An animal-keeper, not a scout. In what was a slow-escalating conflict between clan and strangers without known purpose, Dove was a quiet bystander, an audience, a face irrelevant and useful only behind the scenes.

But so too was Dove the type to take initiative, and so she had minded the borders and turned her ears and eyes to the wind. She performed her duties among the horses and sheep and rabbits as she had emerged herself most useful, but her anxieties were not settled by minding herself and pretending nothing was wrong. The attack on she and her brother had shaken her, just as the attack on Saffron had changed her, and minding animals was not as easy as it had been when she learned from her mother in Juniper Peace. Being caught off guard again terrified her, and though she was not built or trained for scouting, Dove succumbed to youthful brashness and at times monitored Inferni's borders and outer territories anyway.

She didn't want to be a hero or find something or someone the others had not. She just wanted peace of mind, and she needed to seek it out for herself.

If she left with the sun, her mentality was that she would find danger before it woke up to retaliate against her. Dove walked with her bow and arrow ready and heart pounding, blinking sleepiness away. If she wasn't at her best outside the borders, she was as useless as she was inside them.

She caught the smoke of coals on the wind and her chest began to hurt from the pounding inside. Who she assumed to be its kindler she could hear talking as she approached on cat's feet, bow raised, arrow pointed. He spoke to his steed of the ocean and mused as the Junipers did, but her weapon did not fall. He did not look coyote, and he was close—but not too close—enough to Inferni to be considered suspicious, or so the rookie scout who was Dove thought.

String pulled back and standing at distance between the trees, she announced herself with piercing eyes. "What are you doing out here? You're close to clan borders."

all the colors mix together to gray
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:07 pm

OOC: My apologies for the lateness

His speech and reminiscence of the ocean and his father's home made him rather vulnerable, as the woman who was sneaking up on him could attest. It was the sound of her voice that shattered his thoughts and he froze. Sam’s ears fell back, forgetting he had dropped his guard, something he shouldn’t do outside pack lands. He felt foolish at that moment.

He held up his hands and turned very, very slowly to the woman. He held the brush in his hand still, afraid if he dropped it, it would be too sudden of a move and he caught the bow out of the corner of his eye, pointed right at him; “ I was resting. I’m headed to Certatori d’ arte,” She seemed intent on either braining him or getting answers. He wasn’t about to lie, “I didn’t know I was that close to your borders. I apologize if I am too close!” He continued. He had smelled the scent, though it was light and far off, he thought he had given it enough lee way that it wouldn’t be a problem, but it obviously was.

Even with his life in a life or death situation he couldn’t help but look at the woman and not just the tip of her bow. The white fur was a norm in some packs, but for him it was something special, though with the snow laying about he was happy she had more than just white in her fur. She was all he more attractive for it. He let himself twitch a small smile on his muzzle, not knowing of Inferni’s ideals and thoughts about wolf kind. He cared little for the differences in others; “I’m sure we can work this out.” He said, his tone was calm, collective, almost flirtatious, though it could have been easier if there wasn’t a bow and arrow pointed at his face he would certainly have an easier time; “My name is Sam Menue, I was born in Vinatta.” He said, looking down at his Frithr necklace. Hopefully the two packs weren’t at war or he would be in it deep.

Shawchert
Luperci
so super weirdo

POSTED: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:57 pm

He certainly did not seem threatening. If anything, by his words, tone, and horse he seemed more a Juniper kind than someone of threat, but Dove had a feeling the wariness birthed in her chest by her experiences away from home would maintain even if she were among the peace-keeping nomads again. She trusted no foreign faces, however innocent or unassuming. Not since Mistral.

"I don't know where that is," she said at mention of a place called Cercatori d'Arte. Her arrow didn't fall, nor did she soften given his excuses and questionably friendly tone. She didn't give him her name. She wasn't here to make friends.

He mentioned another name, Vinatta. Her eyes thinned, and her bowstring drew back even further. "I don't know where that is either. Are you lying to me?"

Dove knew her lack of experience in the area wasn't serving the situation well, but this Sam wouldn't know better if he was caught in a fabrication.

"You could leave, or I could put this through your horse." The arrowhead swerved to the steed he clearly cared about, and for a moment Dove counted all the possible places she could shoot instead of the horse when she inevitably missed. Not that he needed to know that either. "How's that for working this out?"

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 pm

OOC: That could have gone better lol.

Sam forgot Cercatori ended just before his father died. It was probably not well known and it was not there anymore it was just a sight. He looked down a little abashed; “I am sorry, it’s really not there anymore, it used to be. It was further south than Casa and Cour des Miracles.” He tried to explain hoping she would know one of those two packs, but as far as he knew they could have disbanded much like his father's old pack.

This woman seemed to not know about any packs. He was certain she would know Vinatta, it was still intact, with fresh scent and everything. He would have visited but he wanted to get to his fathers site first and then visit later. He was certainly not in the clear. She still had the arrow pointed at him and he was starting to get a little nervous especially since he seemed to name two packs she didn’t know; “No, not lying ma’am. Vinatta is north of here.” He stopped.

It was mentioning that she would stick her arrow into the horse that he moved closer to Major; “Very well I’ll leave now, let me pack up and I will be gone in a few minutes.” Sam said moving to his gear, which thankful for him was set up to how he would leave, which it would take only minutes to strap to his horses back and he could be off. He was unhappy with this encounter, but he’d rather not have feathers in his horse, nor himself for that matter.

Shawchert
Luperci
so super weirdo

POSTED: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 pm

With a touch of discouragement he spat out two more names she didn't recognize nor had the tongue to repeat. Traveling Nova Scotia with her siblings had evidenced a number of settled packs and claimed territories they circumvented, but she learned no names and met no faces.

Doubt replaced skepticism. Vinatta, north. Heading east, she remembered passing at least a few packs by the time her family passed Inferni. Cercatori d'Arte she could not explain, but she recalled a pair of packs more along the two coasts of the peninsula and having to route through the forest between them to remain neutral. Perhaps his story checked out.

The arrowhead dropped, then left the bowstring. Dove frowned. "Don't make any trouble and I won't shoot your horse." She glanced at it, interestingly, with a greater desire to touch at its velvet nose than ever to inflict harm.

"There've been... problems around here." The explanation for her hostility lacked an apology proper. Her unequipped bow she felt was plenty. "You should know better than to travel alone."

There was a beat. "I'm Dove."

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:01 pm

OOC: OMG i am a moron, I don't know why, but I thought I answered this already i'm so sorry fro the late reply :(

No matter what he said, it didn’t seem to make matters any better. How could she not know any of her neighbors? Is Salsola and Anathema the only packs she knew about? It was a posibility, but he never encountered anyone from Inferni. She was his first, and from his thoughts, hopefully last.

It was as he was moving to his packs that she lowered the arrow. He let himself breath only slightly easier as she spoke. “I think I will still pack up. I don’t want trouble.” He said when she still spoke about arrowing his horse, though she was interested in him. Trouble, so that was why she was so tense? He could understand. His eyes went from her to where her borders were and out to the woods frowning; “Trouble, huh? Is there a particular direction the trouble is coming from” He asked bending down to grab the saddle that would hold his gear. It was thin leather, nothing special besides the straps that would hang onto the bags of gear he owned. “Traveling alone is what I do best ma’am. It’s all I have now a days.” Was the best he could say about his solo trek through souls. It had been peaceful the days he lived here though. Very little conflict.

Her name caught him off guard and he looked at Major, who seemed to not notice the harm he might be in at that moment. He let a small twitch of his lip show his appreciation. She trusted him enough to give her name and he nodded; “The brute that you pointed the arrow at is Major.” Sam said as he lifted the leather saddle up over the horse and started cinching it to the horse. He felt strange since he already introduced himself. The interest in the horse did not pass Sam by though and hopefully she would warm up to him if he showed he was no threat and if she knew the horse better, maybe she wouldn’t kill him? "He is a calm one, you can touch him if you want." He said poking the animal in the ribs. The horse blew out the air he was sucking in so he could secure the saddle well.

Shawchert
Luperci
so super weirdo

POSTED: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:55 pm

A direction? "Uh. Not really, no. They've come at us from all directions and times of day. Bunch of wolves. I think it's a religious thing." Dove glanced him over. "You look pretty dog. They might go after you too. I don't know."

She couldn't imagine traveling alone indefinitely. Even surrounded by her four siblings Dove had struggled with homesickness and loneliness as the black sheep of the Reverie litter. "I hope you know how to defend yourself then. If this is how you respond to everybody with weapons I don't think you'll last long."

Granted permission, Dove foolishly dropped her guard at once and approached Major with appropriate speed and angle so as not to spook him. She didn't seem to mind the man in such proximity setting up the saddle; in a rare glimpse of delight Dove cooed to the horse and stroked its nose, a tiny smile dancing across her lips just as a slow-ignited light danced in her eyes.

Fingers traced loose over the powerful musculature of the neck and shoulders. "You take good care of him. He's so beautiful." Her eyes turned downcast in a momentary regret for threatening the gorgeous beast, but she did not comment on it. "Where did you say you were going?"

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

Dead Topics