Our happy miserable condition

[p. Neith]

POSTED: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:30 pm

Maybe all of these things made me who I am

Ondine knew that something was off about her and she knew that there was no point in trying to hide the fact from anyone. It was a mark of pride, but it also filled her with the worst dread imaginable. Her stores of chamomile nearly dried up and her personal anxiety was mounting each day. No doubt there were murmurs that the Seer of Salsola had taken a lover, but who? Who had gotten her heavy with child?

Once she had bedded a man or two, but nothing came of it. This, though, was clearly divine intervention. Or perhaps, more accurately, divine retribution as she saw it. Her goddess had said to forget it and move forward, and she ended up with a pregnant belly and a secret too painful to bear. Perhaps next time she would listen, nagged that voice in her head as she stroked her swell, smiling serenely even as the worry settled in.

Still, she had not told the father, and she doubted he would be pleased that his drunken promise had left a mark far more permanent than expected.

But her family gone, with only her adopted siblings for comfort, Ondine sought them out. Elektra was not the prime choice, so she sought Neith, carrying nothing but a bundle of cheesecloth covering an herbal tea mix. A cloak wrapped over her shoulders, her chest, and the swell, her scent a little heavier than she was want to wear it in pack lands.

She went looking for him, hoping for sympathy, maybe even happiness for her condition.

because who needs to do work while at work

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for starting, love <3

On days like this when his headaches took a well-deserved break, Neith dived into productivity as a thirsting man takes takes to a stream. For a time he had taken to reviewing Salsolan stores and compiled a list of shortages, then compared it to what he remembered for surplus in the outpost storage. When the Heiwa grew tired of the dusty dark, he strolled beyond the borders and tended to the traps. No sabotages, no escapees, nothing sprung out of the ordinary. Perhaps the war Loki predicted truly was over.

Between his headaches and the war, Neith was grateful for some focus and peace of mind for the first time in weeks. Realizing himself in a unique position considering his familiarity with the outpost and its status of attendants and wares, Neith seated himself by the lake (it was not often he could enjoy fresh air during the winter, given the snow's glare and his light sensitivity) with a personal journal and began jotting names. Blair, Lillith, Isabella, and Delfina were among the first names on the list, followed by a number of taps with the writing utensil against his lips before he added Hugleikr and Kynda. He searched his mind and paired lesser familiar names to faces, writing them as he went.

A remarkably strong scent—strong enough for him to mistake for one of Isabella's concoctions—wafted through before the sound of footsteps. Glancing up, Neith grinned.

"Ondine! Good to see you, sister. Where are you off to?" ...Was there something off about her? "I was just putting together a list of our darlings at the outpost in case our catalogue of names here might be outdated. You wouldn't know where I might find that, would you?"

whose eyes you gonna use?

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Ondine glanced down at the sitting man, looking at his paper of names and read their family at the top. She smiled a little at it, though she could not help but wince at the "darlings" comment he threw at her. "Yes, darlings." Some were far more darling than others. That Delfina's name written on the page did not set it on fire impressed her, her more droll thoughts said, though she did not tell as much to Neith. More than likely, he probably would have agreed.

"I was actually coming to see you," she added with a smile, feeling the strangest of joys at having a sibling with whom she felt she could confide in and did truly feel that she had a great deal of love for this unrelated brother of hers, who was raised as a sibling, son of her mother's wife. A little familial happiness, she thought, before the inevitable intrusion of little ones.

Gingerly, she sat down beside the man, taking as much care as she could to make it seem as smooth as she could. It was slowly getting harder, though. "I can't say that the list even exists, brother, but I can do my best to try and remember. Perhaps you ought to seek out Salvia about it. I'm sure she would appreciate the effort you're making," she said with a nudge of her elbow, grinning at him sidelong. Such initiative would never go unnoticed, especially with so direct a question. It would only raise the man up in the Kingdom's eyes. "Where did you leave off?" she asked, looking back to the list.

Ondine Heiwa
But I've been wondering, why can't you see? If the door opens up we go where it leads

Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:50 pm

She took pause on his given word choice. Chuckling, Neith shook his head. "Sarcasm, Ondi. I only know there a few outside my mothers, and even then only by name. I found it best to keep my head down, I expect you can understand why. Here, though, I'd like to make a difference during my stay."

He was visibly charmed that she had sought him out, and he patted the space beside him against the tree before she seated herself. Neith continued to detect something slight but unnatural about her carriage, leaking from demeanor into movements and now, as she settled in beside him, into scent. He dwelt on it only as long as it took for her to answer his question.

"With Salvia? Yes... Perhaps." His hesitation was impossible to miss. The Eternity at top of their political totem pole had always intimidated him as a child, and he wasn't surprised to find that trepidation persisting into his adulthood at mention of her name. His greatest humiliation throughout the war remained exposing his folly in front of Stannis; during the attack on the caravan, Neith had been practically useless to Salvia's husband.

Neith shrugged and handed the list over for Ondine to survey. "Take a look. I haven't gotten far, but it can wait." The Heiwa repositioned himself just slightly to better face her, intrigued by both her unidentifiable quirks and wondered it if were reason for her presence. He asked with a patient suspicion in his tone, "Were you only coming to check in on me, or was there something you needed me for?"

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:52 pm

Ondine could have snorted at the way her brother spoke. Kept his head down? From what? Their mother may have been in a psuedo-disgrace, mostly due to her stepping down after a series of unforeseeable events, but their family had status and rank to go with the fact that they had all been so highly placed at one point or another. Ondine herself had risen high and so he had no reason to truly lower his head from anything. She said nothing, though, knowing that were she in his place (and she had been), she would have done the very same. Louder elements in a family tended to obscure the actions of the quieter.

Ondine noticed his hesitation but thought nothing more of it than intimidation. Salvia had come and gone now and then, rarely to be fair, for her mother. Never once had there been a moment between the two of them where they were alone. Ondine dealt more so with the Lord Commander and with her Crone; the Boss was a lofty idealism of an individual and she was hardly approachable. But it was not really necessary for her. But for Neith, maybe it would be?

Finally, her brother got to the crux of the matter and she swallowed her smile. It sank into her belly and she reached her hand to the slight swell there. "I can't see my brother just to see him?" she asked thinly, though she sighed and realized she could not pretend things were just hunky-dory. "No, well, I don't know how to tell you it. I'd tell mother, but neither one is here." She pressed a hand more firmly and obviously on her belly. "I'm having pups." It was a good feeling, of telling someone, but it still scared her.

Ondine Heiwa

Salsola
DEAD
Gen
Luperci Mate to Janik
grim fandango
† † †
frozen waltz
† † †
Silent Quadrille

POSTED: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

"Pups," he repeated, tasting the word until it very suddenly made sense. "Pups! Ondine, that's, that's—" Was it wonderful? Was this a blessing? A curse? Though he had been raised surrounded by love from all angles, even in his youth Neith knew the harsh realities of the world. Regardless, her brother embraced her carefully but tightly. Though doubtlessly excited for her, he drew back with hands on her shoulders and asked, "That's wonderful, right?"

The Heiwa shook off some of the initial surprise. "I wasn't aware you were seeing someone—if you are. Will you raise them alone, or should I expect to take my things from the Ruins to make space? Have you contacted our mother?"

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

Dead Topics