Warfare, pain, and murder

For Silas

POSTED: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:32 pm

My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong

OOC: I made some assumptions. Let me know if I need to fix them. +300 words.

Idrieus could not forget that she was the only one who had taken Artemisia's death hard. Loki had also been there to witness her downfall, more so than the dog woman had. On the days when she was not in so much pain, she made the trip from her wing in the Ruins to the gray male's home. Thank goodness he didn't live too far away. She wanted to check up on him.. make sure that he was doing alright since the end of the conflict. She often wondered if he was having similar feelings to her. He seemed.. alright all things considered.

Though there was one piece of information he had passed along that made the Henchman grow in energy. One of the attackers from the group that murdered the dark woman had been capture by none other than the Crone himself. He knew better than anyone who was responsible for what had happened. He mentioned the male was in the care of the Overseer, but there was mutual hate between the two of them for this male. They were not going to let him get off with his crimes so easily. He would pay for what he had done.

Idrieus left the Ruins early that morning, making her way over to the slave quarters. Weaver was sure to have already been by to take care of the regulars and then begin his work with the darker male. As she arrived, it was just as she expected. Stepping over to the tawny man, she spoke to him before there was a nod. Blue eyes narrowed down to the male as she moved her hand out, gesturing, "The Overseer and I have spoken. You are coming with me today. Come." She wouldn't put up with anything from him. If he stepped out of line, she would show him no mercy, something the Overseer probably would have frowned down upon as his methods were not as harsh. She lingered in the doorway, waiting for the male to come before stepping out.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Community Soul Luperci Mate to Grievous Historiador & Libro Guardiana The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:18 am

00+ Made some assumptions on my end too.

See galleries for credit.

It had become clear to Silas very quickly that he was not a prisoner in the Thistle Kingdom; he was property.

This and more had been explained to him by the one called Overseer, a handsome man in bard's garb who nevertheless pierced his nose and made the pack's expectations clear. As punishment for his actions in the war, Silas' very personhood was to be stripped away from him, and he would be as livestock for the Salsolans to abuse at will. And like livestock he was to be a docile creature in the face of this abuse -- though this was not something he thought expected of him.

No -- Silas did not spit and fight. He kept his head bowed, listened, and looked for escape.

Perhaps he would have sought camaraderie in the other servants of the Thistle Kingdom, but the other trells gave him a wide berth. Some, such as the only woman slave Silas saw -- he could only imagine what torture these heathens inflicted upon her behind closed doors, as pretty as she was -- were afraid of him, and others looked at him with dull resentment. He was the enemy, after all, who had threatened their livelihood as much as their owners'.

He sat on a rickety stool, rubbing his wrists -- the fur had just begun to grow back -- and merely flicked an ear at the entrance of another stranger. Many had come and gone to fetch slaves for menial tasks or take a look at him -- rumor of his presence had spread far, he thought -- and so he paid the Luperci no heed until she addressed him. Only then did his green eyes flick upward, though no recognition dawned on him. He hadn't seen the woman Bjorn fought in the brush before they'd made their victorious retreat.

Silas stood slowly and walked to the door, casting a last curious glance at Weaver before dropping his head and following the merle and tan woman in silence.

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:26 am

My power's turned on

OOC: +300 words.

Idrieus had not forgotten about the event.. how could she? She had remained hidden for the most part, but she knew the bastard that had taken out her guardian. He would get what he deserved in time, but not in front of the Overseer. She knew as well as anyone else that it was his task to make sure that the slaves were not being unjustly abused while they were on duty. Personal slaves were a bit of a different story, but he was a communal slave. She would have to be careful about this, but she would more than certainly make it clear where he stood with her, in her own way.

Turning her blue gaze over to the tawny man, he watched as the darker slave rose to his feet, heading out after her. Not yet.. she could be patient.. but where could she take him to? It couldn't be too far, as she was informed there was still some work that needed to be done before he would be able to go to extensive parts of the pack. It made sense anyways. The more he knew about the inside, the more he could use to himself if he decided to try anything stupid. If that was the case, then she'd be right behind him, ready to finally end his life.

Leading him south of the slave quarters, she stopped short, turning her head to the male, "Sit." Once he had done as she was told, she began to pace in front of him, "I will find you some work to do, but for now there are some things I want to get out of the way. To start, I want you to tell me what you have learned so far from the Overseer. What is it that is expected of you Trell?" Trell was not even enough for him. He deserved far worse, but she was still nobility in Salsola. There were things expected of her. She couldn't allow her hatred to take over her, not yet..

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Community Soul Luperci Mate to Grievous Historiador & Libro Guardiana The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

00+

See galleries for credit.

Silas followed her, expectant and dully curious as to what this visit might entail. Had he known that she was there that day, he might have foreseen some sort of punishment; Loki had, after all, punished him in his own small ways when he could get away with it. The Salsolans were a vindictive people, that much he understood, and even in the Overseer's kindnesses there was hypocrisy.

The silver and slate wolf settled on the earth when commanded, folding his hands neatly in his lap. He'd been stripped of his armor, of course, when he came to Salsola -- but he kept his simple clothing, and fiddled with the frayed end of a tunic for a moment before lifting his green eyes to settle just below hers as she addressed him. An ear flickered in unkempt dark hair, but he controlled his expression and held his tongue rather than ask insolently whether she needed to be reminded of the expectations of slaves.

I am expected to obey, Silas said. To serve. He paused, knowing that such simple answer might not satisfy her, but unable to summon more words. The Overseer had made the expectations clear, and spoke too of the culture of the pack -- the secrecy, the spirituality, that had Silas looking upon them all as liars and heathens as he'd already known they would be. Instead, he asked her: What work do you ask of me now?

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:03 pm

My power's turned on

OOC: +300 words.

Idriues had to lead him away from any prying eyes, but she also had to be careful on the location she chose to take him to. This male still could not be trusted, even more than the ones laying within the kingdom. There was no telling what he might try to do, even with a constant watch over him from the Overseer and his pet. The other slaves might have been broken down enough to obey, but this man had killed one of their own, and she was not about to let his actions go unpunished. Oh she would find work for him, but not until he realized the grave mistake that he had made.

Once the dark male had situated himself, the dog woman began to pace around him. She watched his movements, wanting to see for herself the progress Weaver had made with him. He answered her well enough. He at least knew what was expected of him. She paused behind him, "Good. And I suspect you have been doing just that?" She began to pace again, stopping in front of him as he spoke. Her lip curled up slightly as one hand came forward, pressing the underside of his chin to make him look up at her, "Patience slave. Don't be so eager. Now don't speak unless I tell you to." Weaver may have been more relaxed, and she as well in some regards, but not today.

Releasing the male's head, Idrieus moved one hand along her back before the arm rested along her side. Only one of the attackers had known about her presence, but surely when all of them fled they noticed the damage she had done to them. Again she stopped behind him, eyes like daggers struck through his core from behind, "Do you know who I am?"

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
smiles of plated GOLD

POSTED: Sun May 21, 2017 6:10 pm

I hope you don't mind me reviving this. :c Didn't mean to let it die.

The merle and tan girl paced, and while Silas remained sitting still, facing forward, his eyes flickered to their corners and his ears turned to follow her progress. A soldier's instincts were not so easily forgotten, even if he'd been stripped of rank with the death of his comrades, even if he'd lost everything.

At the same time, there was no tension in his body. He'd much have preferred if they had just killed him.

Yes. I do what the Overseer asks of me. And the Crone.

The latter title was coated with a soft poison, though his expression betrayed nothing of his hatred. Many canines had come to gawk at him since he'd had his septum pierced and his new duties bestowed upon him, but the only ones to give him orders yet had been the slaver-masquerading-as-bard and the woman-man whose very eyes and tongue oozed malice though he smiled.

A hand reached for his chin, and instinct betrayed him; he flinched at the touch. Forest green eyes turned upward to the cruel, deep blue gaze that studied him now, then dropped away from her. When she released him his head bowed.

He answered her question after a beat. No. Should I?

Dead Topics