We know the way

POSTED: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 pm

Lelouch Amarok
  • Word Count: [399]
  • Time: Noonish
  • Form: Optime
OOC goes here!

There it was again. That undying restlessness. It came it waves. Some were harder to resist while others easily ignored, and ignore it he did. Lelouch didn't exactly have the best luck when it came to leaving Anatheman boarders. He tended to find himself in trouble, or more actuarially, trouble found him. A more superstitious mind might have called his experiences fate or payment for the sins of his father. Lelouch just called it bad luck. Bad luck in finding those who were itching for a fight and bad luck for being in a pack that seemed to act as a perfect excuse to start one. However, as bad as his luck was, it didn't keep the wanderlust away forever. It always came back.

Lelouch packed Serenity's saddle that morning. He filled it with a few days worth of supplies. Lelouch didn't intend to be out for that long. Ideally, he'd be back by sunset. Unfortionatly, Lelouch had learned to prepare a little extra. Bertolt had even convinced him to take his father's knife despite Lelouch's protests. A knife in his hands was about as useful as a twig. Plus, anyone with a base level of competence could easily disarm him. It was why Lelouch had refrained from carrying one before. However, Bertolt had laid down the law. Take the knife, or don't go at all.

Dawn had broken fully by the time Lelouch mounted his mare and set off. Serenity tossed her head and happily let him steer her towards the boarder. The shire horse moved quickly and easily through the forested terrain. Most of the snow had melted a few days ago and the ground was hardened from the nightly frosts. They made good time and were out of Anathema's territory before Lelouch could even regret his fool hearty trip.

Lelouch didn't exactly have a destination in mind. He headed south through the Dampwoods and towards the Quartz Shoreline. The forest was, for the most part, quiet. Peaceful even. Eventually, the trees parted to reveal the sandy, vegitative dunes. Although he couldn't quite see the shore, he certainly could smell it. Lelouch pulled Serenity reins, steering her so that they moved perpendicular. The line of trees that marked the Dampwoods was to his right while the rolling dunes stayed to his left. He let Serenity move at her own pace as they strolled leisurely through late morning.

Let me show you where I roam

Template by Kitty, Aso, and Westy

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:32 pm

300+
WORDS

Gezi liked to run, and Lithia liked the feeling of flying. On Gezi’s back, with the wind in her hair, she could almost leave the earth. The fluidity of the horse’s back, with her eyes closed, and when she stood partially in the stirrups, she could forget that she was a land creature and almost imagine that she was a raven flying through the skies with a weightless body and wings that spanned out at her sides. The cool air of the morning chilled her cheeks, but the birdsongs around her almost made her feel as though they were talking directly to her. Knowing low-speech, she understood most of what they were saying – fussing about food, predators, the weather. It was chilly that day and the frost still clung to everything around it, but at least the snow melted for now.

Gezi slowed suddenly and whinnied. Lithia grumbled, lowering herself completely back onto the saddle and opened her eyes. Before them was another horse and rider – too close for comfort, but that was what happened when it was left up to the horse when to stop. They trailed the horse and rider along the beach now. Gezi whinnied and pulled at his reins, flicking his tail. It was a mare, and Gezi often liked to show off. He pulled forward, and Lithia took the reins before she wound up on the back of the other rider’s horse. ”Gezi!” she hissed, though simultaneously as she looked up and the breeze blew, she realized who the other rider was.

”Lelouch! My apologies. My stallion is a bit of a flirt. It’s funny running into you here - almost literally - how are you?” It was not lost on her that their last encounter had been less than friendly. Sapient had taught her to be cordial, however. She would fake it to make it.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] I've been eyeing this for a while :D
This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Lelouch Amarok
  • Word Count: [322]
Haha. Thanks for jumping in.

Other than the minor course corrections he had to make to keep Serenity on the dunes, Lelouch didn't pay too much attention to where they were going or even what was around them. He let his thoughts wander aimlessly. Over the dunes. Through the waves. Into the book he had just finished reading. Towards the future with Bertolt. To the potential of their family growing.

It had taken a while but, Lelouch finally managed to talk Bertolt into getting his Damaichu mark. Bertolt had left New Dawn right around when he should have gotten his mark. The death of his family had been hard on the young male. Then there was the tragedy of New Dawn. Lelouch could see how it had slipped Bertolt's mind. Or maybe everything had turned Bertolt off of gaining the mark. Yet, it was the tradition of his family. It helped to show who he was. Now that they were going to be fathers, the chance of another Damaichu coming into the world was high. Lelouch wasn't about to let Bertolt take that step without claiming his family right.

Serenity quickly side-stepped, nearly throwing Lelouch off. He grabbed onto her neck in desperation to prevent himself from falling. Lelouch managed to stay on, but not without looking like a total fool with half his body dangling awkwardly. Serenity pawed and snorted in protest as her useless rider righted himself. Lelouch patted her shoulder in apology. He glanced over his shoulder to try and see what had spooked her.

Lelouch's violet gaze widened. "Lithia!" He tugged on a rein to spin Serenity around. "Oh, no. That's... it's okay. I, ah... Well..." Lelouch couldn't help but message the back of his neck as tension built in his shoulders. "I got promoted... again." Lelouch answered unhelpfully. He wasn't really sure what to say to her. Heck, he wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't try to deck him. "H-how have you been?"

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am

200+
WORDS

The stallion was instantly pacified as Lelouch turned his mare around. Face-to-face the horses stood, Gezi stepped forward, inching towards the mare, trying to sniff her face and nibble at her. Lithia was more focused on Lelouch than what Gezi was doing. He was calm and he wasn’t lurching anywhere, so she was good with it. However, if Lelouch’s horse were to have a problem with him, they would know soon enough.

”Promoted... again?” she asked, unsure whether she had known the first time or times when he was promoted the last time. Thinking back, she couldn’t recall what his place in the pack was during their last little conversation. ”I’ve been OK. Making myself useful in Sapient, now.” It had taken her a long time to get comfortable saying it, but there was no way Lelouch could know that she sold out her former pack for her newest one, especially just by a conversation about ranks and whatnot. No way.

”How’s your--” she started, only to be interrupted when Gezi threw back his head suddenly. ”family?” Not that she cared, but small talk would have to do for this situation. She was not interested in picking Lelouch’s brain about Anathema today.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] awkward encounter is awkward lol
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Lelouch Amarok
  • Word Count: [393]
Haha. Thanks for jumping in.

Lelouch was a little proud of Serenity. The mare mostly ignored the stallions attempts at flirting. She shied her face away when he tried to nibble at her, but otherwise she ignored him. Her body was relaxed and she remained calm. Lelouch really had to thank Amorette again. Serenity was a far cry from Incendium. Kohaku's former horse was as insane as he was. The black stallion gad a vindictive side to him that made riding him hard and prediction him harder. Lelouch always had to be on alert whenever he rode that nightmare of a horse. But with Serenity, he could relax. She was gentle. Very easy going. He had never met a horse more willing to forgive his mistakes and readily follow his commands. It gave Lelouch the freedom to focus on the train wreck of a conversation that he had gotten himself into.

"Yeah... I uh... Aeron kind of fast tracked me." That was an understatement. He had straight up skipped a rank so that he could be in the Special Forces. "I'm actually the Rakeeb now." Lelouch reluctantly admitted. Lithia had outranked him last time, a fact that he had ignored during their fight. He wondered if that was going to come back to bite him.

Lelouch's ears flicked and he blinked in surprise. "Oh, you're with Sapient? How, ah, how's that going?" For some dumb reason, Lelouch had just assumed that she would be a loner. Of course she would have joined another pack. That much should have been obvious. But Sapient? He would have guessed she'd head to Cour des Miracles or maybe even Vinatta or Krokar. For some odd reason, he just hadn't considered Sapient a possibility.

Serenity took a step back when the stallion threw his head back, causing Lelouch to nearly lose his balance again. He tightened his grip on the reins and patted her shoulder. "He's lively," Lelouch remarked offhand. He took several unnecessary moments to "calm" Serenity down as he mulled over Lithia's question. It was this kind of probing that had gotten them into a fight in the first place. Gossiping just seemed to be in her nature. If he could keep the topic away from his parents or siblings, it wouldn't be too bad. Hopefully, he could focus her on just him. "Well, I'm going to be a dad soon."

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:38 am

300+
WORDS

The stallion sidestepped when his counterpart moved away. Lithia looked down, assuming he was going to follow, but the horse just seemed to remain. He still sniffed for Serenity’s air, even as she continued to ignore him. Lithia patted his mane and the stallion dropped his head to nibble at what few strands of dry grass survived at their hooves.

”Fast-tracked? That must be nice… being promoted to such a high position without having to work for it,” she mumbled off-handedly, the displeasure in her tone couldn’t be hidden. She wished she could do that in Sapient, but there was much more competition for higher ranks than in Anathema, she assumed. ”Sapient is fine,” she continued, ”I’m working through the diplomatic ranks as we speak.”

He didn’t care; she knew that. They were just asking about each other because there was nothing that they really wanted to know. Lithia didn’t think much of Lelouch – except that he was a bookworm and maybe that was a better trait for Leadership than what Kentaro or her mother brought to the table. ”So, it’s you and Aeron running Anathema side-by-side? That must be nice.” Given that the older Coyote had burst through the doors and smacked her son off of the thrown in Blackmoor. She was a real hero, only to take them away from a life that they had gotten used to before, to change it up again. For the second time, then.

Gezi brought his head back up and the leather of the saddle squeaked ever so softly in the silence that fell between them. ”With Bertolt?” she asked, holding her breath so a chortle didn’t come tumbling out. All she could imagine was Bertolt popping out eggs like a bird, or maybe a phoenix, and the eggs hatching to pups. What an absurd thought!

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Lelouch Amarok
  • Word Count: [329]
Lol, Bertolt laying eggs

There it was. Lingering resentment colored her tone and her words aired on the side of passive-aggressive at best. Lelouch shifted nervously. His hand rubbed the back of his neck and he couldn't help but give a weak chuckle. Lithia's comment about not working for his position hit home pretty hard. It was bad enough that Lelouch thought so. It was worth that Lithia didn't mind telling him as much to his face. "Nice isn't really the word I'd use. It's been... something."

Lithia's comment about her entering diplomacy perked Lelouch up. His ears twitched and his hand finally returned to his lap. "Really?" A diplomat? Lithia? That could be useful. Lithia's status as a former Anatheman would make her the perfect candidate if they ever opened diplomatic relations with Sapient. She would have the ear of the leaders and any love she might hold, either for the pack itself or the members, would make things a lot easier. It was a connection he could lean on if needed. Lelouch actually gave Lithia a genuine smile. "I'm sure you'll do well."

Lelouch waved his hands at the mention of Aeron. "No. She stepped down again. I'm not really sure she ever wanted to return as Angela in the first place. It's..." Lelouch hesitated for a minute. Lithia was a former Anathema. He would be careful how and what he spoke of to her. "All of the leadership ranks were filled. It's a combination of fresh eyes and experience." Ok, so technically the Angela position was empty as Evangeline had chosen to fight her way to the top instead of just letting Aeron give it to her. Still, she would return to the position in no time; of that, Lelouch was certain.

Lelouch coughed. "No!" he couldn't help but chuckle at the ridiculousness of her comment. "No, no. With Lust actually. Bertolt and I... with Lust. She offered to be a kind of surrogate. Bertolt is... talented, but not that talented."

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:40 am

300+
WORDS

Lithia didn’t believe that Lelouch wasn’t relieved, wasn’t glad to have been handed a rank so important as Rakeeb without needing to work for it. His tone said one thing, but if Lithia learned anything from her path as Secrets Keeper in the pack, she’d know that words can be manipulated, but feelings could not be. At least from an internal aspect. She would take his words with a grain of salt, and for her own safety and satisfaction, assume that he was reveling in his position at the moment – even if he was too modest to admit it.

”I am doing well, but thanks for the good vibes,” she confirmed. It wasn’t a matter of “will”, it was a matter of “doing”, which she was if anyone asked.

As the conversation veered back into the woes of Anathema’s leadership, Lithia was not surprised to hear that they had done yet another leadership switch. As if overthrowing Kentaro and taking over wasn’t enough of a switch, now there was new blood in the position. ”Who else was promoted? Anyone I know?” she asked, out of curiosity mostly. There was little knowing the names of Anathema’s new leaders would do for her, except give her an idea of who was running the place now, perhaps.

As Lelouch coughed and chuckled, she was able to let out her breath and chuckle with him – though it was short, short-lived. She couldn’t say she was surprised that Lust volunteered for the job. The little Lykoi femme annoyed her to no end with her promiscuous antics. She would have slept with her father if it were available to her. There was definitely no shame in her game, sleeping with anything that moved. Lust is your surrogate. Why doesn’t that surprise me?” She smiled faintly because they both know what she meant, she was sure.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] SQUAWK xD
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Lelouch Amarok
  • Word Count: [359]
ooc

Lelouch was doing his best to try and seem like the idea of leading a pack didn't scare the living daylights out of him. He didn't want Lithia to know that he absolutely knew he shouldn't be anywhere close to a leadership position. He was too young. Too inexperienced. There were so many others who were smarter or stronger than he was. Lelouch had no business being at the top. He didn't even earn it! Lelouch was constantly second guessing every minute decision that he made. Just the stress from it all was bound to make him go bald. Every inadequacy he possessed was on display for the whole pack to see. It was a nightmare.

Of course, Lithia was more than willing to correct him. Her mental strength was enviable and it boiled down into everything she did. Lelouch offered her well wishes in the future and she took them in the present. Nothing was going to stop her from her goals. Lelouch actually felt sorry for anyone who might inadvertently find themselves in her way. It certainly wouldn't end pretty. "No problem."

Lithia asked for names. Lelouch chewed on his answer for a moment. He could just say no, but there didn't seem to be much harm in just identifying them. Although, the issue with Evangeline did muddle things up a bit. He could exclude her name from the list, but when she became Angela again it would only point to a continuing imbalance in Anathema. On the other hand, if he said her name and she didn't regain her title, that would demonstrate the same issue. Lelouch felt like he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. "Evangeline, Lukos, and Nyx." Lelouch finally said, deliberately leaving out their exact ranks.

The conversation had turned to his soon to be state as a father. Lithia gave Lust a thinly veiled insult and Lelouch found, to his surprise, that it actually kind of bothered him. He frowned. "Yes, well. It was very kind of her. She's sacrificing a lot for us and is a wonderful female. I couldn't have found a better surrogate if I tried."

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Mon May 08, 2017 11:51 pm

200+
WORDS

It seemed to be quite easy to get information about her old pack from Lelouch. Though, second-guessing, she figured it was probably because she knew a lot of them. If she hadn’t maybe some information would have been withheld, kept secret. Lithia repeated the names of Anathema’s new leadership in her head: Lelouch, Evangeline, Lukos, Nyx… Nyx, why was she surprised to hear that name up there? A self-conscious warrior with a stuttering problem – and she was to be a leader? Would she hesitate and doubt herself when they needed her? These were not thoughts Lithia would have kept to herself on any occasion, but their conversation took a different turn – towards Lust – and Lithia picked up on the hint of annoyance in Lelouch’s voice. This was a much better topic to linger upon.

Sacrificing? Do you really think so?” Lithia chuckled. He either had to be dumb or blind to think having sex and carrying someone’s pups was anything out of the ordinary for Lust. Of course, Lithia hadn’t known whether she had children with anyone else before, she couldn’t say that she doubted it. ”I think you could have if you looked, but whatever. It’s your choice to get tangled up in that family.” Soon, he'd find out why that was a mistake, but she wasn't going to spoil the suspense for him now.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] sorry for the wait! Wrap this up in the next few? I can see them semi-arguing and leaving off on a bitter note? lol like usual
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics