at the end of the world

AW | Oxley

POSTED: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:57 pm

LITHIA NAPIER
all we do is think about the feelings that we hide

She had found a knack with scrapping old furniture into usable parts and materials. Ever since she had seen Kalila in the city doing the same thing, she wondered how she could offer herself to be a bigger help to Sapient. It was obvious that her fortune-telling skills weren’t taken seriously there, and while she enjoyed offering them to others, she saw how they weren’t tangible in this culture. Knowing one’s future did nothing for the wealth of the pack. And while her information-seeking did contribute, there had to be more she could offer. She had seemed to find it within the city ruins and she would find it here in Oxley.

Walking into the small community, Lithia’s pink eyes swept over the buildings that she knew were taken and converted as workshops, but pinpointed the ones she knew were just walls and a lot of debris inside. Those were the ones she aimed for. Holding her lantern up, she followed the darkened overgrown path to one of the buildings toward the back of the community. It might have been a better idea to come back during the daytime, but feeling restless, she had decided to see what she could do with her hands so that she could sleep soundly later.

Tugging a small wagon behind her with a couple jars stashed for small pieces, Lithia approached one of the vacant workshops and went in, leaving the front doors open for extra light. She walked around the inside, feeling her way around in the dark, tripping over the leg of an old chair once and landing on a dusty countertop, feeling for the windows, the doors, and anything else she could open to let in more light. It was good to have the vision of a feral creature, but it was also better to have the extra light from the moon. She stashed one lantern on the dusty countertop and the other that she had set in the wagon on the floor. She grabbed for her screwdriver, took the chair she tripped over, plopped down on the floor and began her work by lantern-light.

It may have been a dumb idea, but when a Luperci couldn’t sleep – what were they supposed to do?

(373) Open to anyone! Set at night, late. Lithia is fumbling around :D

Image: Me | Table by Sammiie

Last edited by Lithia Napier on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:29 am

He (Alyx) walked out into the night, the moon glistened above like a bead. He looked up at it. Then looked back to where he was headed. A set of old buildings some of which had been converted into workshops. He was walking down the overgrown street, when he heard a sound. It sounded like someone had knocked something over. He went to investigate, his curiousity took control while his caution went into overdrive to compensate. "who could that be" He whispered

He heard someone fumbling about, and decided to take a look. When he had come around to the door, a lantern was glowing inside the small building. The female luperci's back was to him, so he padded up to the inside of the door frame, and slowly crept inside the door. The wind blowing so that he was downwind, and would not carry his smell very strongly. He decided to make a move before she did, and said "Hello, what are we up to on such a fine evening?"

Last edited by Alyx Wulf on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 am

LITHIA NAPIER

It was a little hard in the dim-lighting, but her work was doable. All she needed to do was find the glint of the screws, if they were even still shiny, and twist. If that weren’t the case, then the screws were often buried in these deep wooden grooves or holes in the wood, intended to be hidden away for aestheticity. Those instances were kind of easy, too, because it didn't require much seeing, but instead looking up and feeling around with the screwdriver head until it connected with something. It was at that instance that she saw another walk into the workshop, but instantly duck into the shadows.

”The only reason someone would be hiding from me is A, they’re my enemy, or B, they’re not supposed to be here,” she began, pushing the chair off of her lap slowly. ”And if it’s B, know that I will gut you with this screwdriver as if it were a blade.” She stood in her place with the screwdriver in hand, looking for the man in the shadows. Luckily, it was then that he decided to step into the light.

The man was someone she recognized as a recent joiner, someone new to Sapient. However, she didn’t personally know him, and to be honest, the first impression wasn’t looking so good. He approached her with a chipper how was her evening going, but if he could see the sleepless look in her eyes and the scowl on her face, he’d know to answer his own damn question.

”Oh, don’t give me that. Why were you hiding from me?” she growled, clicking her nail over the screwdriver’s handle as it hung at her side. Of course now that she recognized him as a pack mate, she had no intention of using it for any reason aside from pulling screws from furniture in there.

(311) Thanks for joining!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:06 pm

Alyx Wulf
  • Word Count: [177]
  • Date: March 8th, 2017
  • Time: 7PM
  • Form: Optime
OOC Raxiis Lycan

He (Alyx) was taken aback by the onslaught of aggression by the unknown female. As soon as she had pulled the screwdriver on him, his ears flattened, his tail and back tensed up, and his hands shot up in the air in what appeared to be obvious submission. Holy shit, wasn’t expecting that kind of response. Woah, no need to get aggressive! I was just curious who you were, and what was making the noise… He said in fear. Then his face took on a more reflective look. In retrospect I probably should have announced myself. I’ve never been very good with acting appropriately… And I certainly didn’t expect you to react like this. He paused for a moment. His appearance seemed to say ‘Please put the weapon away’. May I ask your name, and why you’re out here sitting in the dark with a screwdriver? He had fallen into silence.

Oh what you thought we was goin somewhere... sike!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Sergiba

OOC: Not a problem. Btw, sorry bout not responding quickly, I’m out visiting family, I am currently suffering through a major case of the sniffles. As well, I’m buried beneath an ISP and Essay assigned for after the March Break. Plus I’m busy with spending time with my aging grandparents that I haven’t seen in the flesh in two years. I hope that’s ok.
Last edited by Alyx Wulf on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am

LITHIA NAPIER

The other Sapient was not in the wrong, persay. It was just Lithia was more keen on giving him a hard time than letting him off the hook. She considered the danger in the situation for a moment before lowering herself back down to the floor, pulling the chair back into her lap, and readying the screwdriver for another round of loosening screws for Sapient. Off-handedly, despite him just explaining himself and pouring his heart out to her, she glanced up at him with suspicion. ”So, what you’re saying is that my reaction is the problem?”

She didn’t have to give him a hard time, but she was bored. She needed something to wear out her brain so that it'd be tired enough to allow her to fall asleep when she was done and would go back to her room. What was better at that then picking at someone else’s?

”You know what? Nevermind.” She fluttered a hand in the air in his direction before he could continue to go on about how bad he was at conversation and he was really sorry - or at least, that’s what she assumed would come next. ”Lithia; and I’m out here because I can’t sleep. Too restless.”

She bent over to scrutinize something in the groove underneath the chair, bringing the old piece of furniture closer to her face and turning it slightly as if checking the sex of a livestock that looked the same on the outside as it did on the inside. Then she stuck the screwdriver into one of the holes and turned, muttering, Lefty loosy, righty tighty...

When she was finished, she produced a small screw that she threw into one of the jars with a plink. She shifted her pink gaze back up towards him, though it was probably safe to assume he couldn't tell what color her eyes were in the lantern light. ”What brings you to Oxley at this time? Can’t sleep either? Or won’t sleep?” She preferred the daylight for work, and when she had a roof over her head and a safe place to call home, she became a diurnal creature.

(357) 4 days? No sweat, dude! Things come up ~ I understand. Priorities must come first!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:32 am

Alyx Wulf
  • Word Count: [_ _ _ _]
  • Date: April 3rd, 2017
  • Time: 10AM
  • Form: Optime
OOC Raxiis Lycan

When the female had relaxed and lowered the screwdriver, He relaxed a small amount. Even so, he put his hands behind his back, and enclosed them behind his back. He remained standing, and put his hind paws shoulder width apart. (Essentially he stood at ease) He looked up at the sudden question with surprise. And realized something. She’s just doing this to be difficult. Why the fuck should I stay in this building with a possibly violent, and irrationally tiring bitch? Yeah I guess so he said under his breath, as he scowled slightly. Her next statement rung bells in his own head. Sames. Her dismissal of him boiled his blood, and his hackles raised noticeably at that. This bitch is not going to dismiss me Thus he resolved to stay right where he was, whether or not he would have to defend himself. When Lithia (from what she had said) looked up, he noted that her eyes had been pinkish or something. He listened to what she had had to say in a slightly impatient air. Then replied Can’t sleep. Not that I really have anything better to do. He gave her a look that implied implication something And by the way, I disapprove of how you’re treating me Beginning to crack his knuckles, He fell into silence.

Oh what you thought we was goin somewhere... sike!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Sergiba

OOC:
Sorry bout the delay, I’m working on it. My parents are still giving me shit, and the auth at school is not f***in helping that much. Chat later k, need to change classes
Alyx Wulf

Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 am

LITHIA NAPIER

Her eyes had lingered on him as he said his piece. Surprisingly, she didn’t grow bored and choose her work over hearing his answer to her questions. Her eyes had remained on him the whole time he spoke, and when he was done, Lithia snorted. He had voiced that he didn’t like the way she was treating him, and frankly, she didn’t care.

”Tough.” She dismissed his feelings just like that, and went back to removing the leg from the chair.

She was a hard edge, there was no denying this. Not many liked her, but the ones that did were the ones that were worth it anyway. The others mattered little to her. If this Alyx Wulf was going to take her attitude and demeanor to offense, well that just meant that he was one of the ones that didn’t matter either. Her mother had taught her to be this way – which worked out because if she didn’t give a shit about anything, she was hardly ever hurt by others.

”You can help me if you want. Since you have nothing to do,” she offered, tossing the chair leg to the pile of furniture pieces that she had forming beside the wagon. She had an extra screwdriver in the cart. She always brought an extra in case she misplaced the first. She usually always found her lost items in the end when all the pieces were stowed away and what remained was an empty room with a yellow screwdriver laying in the middle of it.

Hopefully, she wouldn't have to teach him too much. Lithia wasn't a teacher and didn't think she was very good at it. She loathed the methods in which teaching required. She'd tell them what to do and hope they figured it out from there. There were no baby steps involved. It was learn or move on. The work was simple, and all it required was a little patience and a gentle hand.

(327) It's ok!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics