[M]Curiosity killed the cat

[p] Szenne

POSTED: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

It had been long enough since his last 'adventure', the hybrid convinced that things would go better than his hunting trip with May, but not so convinced that he had tried to rope her into it. In passing he'd heard of ruins to the southwest, along the coast, and latched onto the idea of exploring them. Like most of his ideas, Inca wasn't very quick to give up on them, even when he ran into the potential road block of Nyx wanting him to take someone with him for such a long trip. The answer had been obvious of course, ask his father to come with him, but the coyote had shooed him away with the excuse that he was busy, and promised 'another day'. Someone other than his father didn't seem like a good idea though, Inca old enough to realize that he might not be able to get away with as much as he could with Liir.

A genius idea was the answer to Inca's problem, he'd tell Nyx that Liir was going with him, and given how little he saw the two interact, she probably wouldn't find out before he was already back. He wasn't quite as skilled as his father at lies, but he managed to pull it off, and was on his way with a little bit in the way of supplies, his hand me down cloak, and a belt knife that was probably better suited for utility work than anything else. Once on his way, the weather had cooperated better than it had on the disastrous hunting trip, making his way along the coastline as he'd heard to do.

His first night away from home, away from the safety of Anathema's borders, he expected exciting things, new experiences. That first night proved however, to be less than eventful the hybrid almost disappointed, but only became that much more determined to find something exciting to return and brag about to May when he got back. The sun hadn't quite reached it's highest point by the time Inca had reached the ruins, and started to explore with wide eyes, the unfamiliar scents and sights exactly the sort of excitement he'd been looking for.

One building in particular caught his eye above the others, a larger one, and as he drew closer it was his nose that insisted he come closer to investigate. He'd not really met anyone from outside his pack before, or even had the chance to see them, it was an opportunity that he should have passed up, but didn't. Inca was cautious in his approach, the hybrid ready to flee if he was seen, but he couldn't see anything from outside, despite his efforts to find a good vantage point, the windows too high up, or blocked by debris. A little look couldn't hurt, or so he thought, the scent stale enough that they had probably gone somewhere else.

The problem of course, was that after he'd peered inside, and saw no one was home, but could make out what seemed to be a camp of some sort, he couldn't resist the urge to snoop around. He didn't have any plan to take from the camp, but he still ended up crouching down among it, curiosity for a brief moment making him forget the camp probably wasn't abandoned, if there were still belongings in it.

Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:07 am

[ 000 ] » Sorry for the awful wait >.> Lemme know if you want me to change anything!

Szenne rarely ever left the warehouse unattended. It was either her or Ronan that stayed back and kept watch while the other scavenged or hunted for their next meal. Szenne had left their set-up in Ronan’s hands hours ago, entrusting the male to be able to do something such as that – so simple. An hour into watch, however, Ronan could feel his eyes drooping and instead of falling asleep by the fire that they had made in a tin bucket on the first floor, he meandered to the second floor and fell asleep who knew wear.

”Ya’ll never believe what I caught!” Szenne called to her companion from outside, hauling the young buck through the doorway, only to drop the animal with a thump while her face contorted into a snarl. There, poking around the scarce set-up of their camp, was a young boy – by the smell of it, Anatheman - snooping around in their shit. Hastily, she unsheathed the dagger from her belt and tried to grab the boy by his scruff and drag him backwards. ”And just what the fuck ya think ya doin, Anatheman? They sent ya to scope me out already? Where’s my fuckin’ ring, huh? she snarled. She deposited him near the door, stepping closer to him with her dagger drawn. If he was smart, he’d back out of the doorway while he still could.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:20 am

Inca was rather enthralled with the modest camp that he'd stumbled upon, the male not thinking twice about snooping around, he'd not seen anyone inside after all. Surely he'd be able to sate his curiosity, and then slip away before whoever owned the stuff came back, at least that was what he thought going into the place. Those illusions were swept away rather quickly when he heard someone outside, the young hybrid freezing in the middle of his crouch, suddenly unsure what he should even do from that point, hoping beyond all hope that the voice was going somewhere not the camp he was busy rummaging through.

Even that last bit of false hope shattered at the sound of something heavy thumping on the floor of the warehouse, Inca standing hastily from his crouch, heart beating all the faster at the snarl that came from behind him. He had to run, get away, but the woman was faster than he was, his movements slowed by indecision, and shock over something so unexpected happening. Inca yelped in surprise, more than fear as he felt a hand grasping at his scruff, instinctively trying to back up in the direction of her dragging to escape the flickers of pain when she tugged too quickly on the back of his neck.

If he had remained standing, the hybrid would have scurried away as quickly as he could, his mind already set on fleeing, certainly not about to try and fight the stranger. He'd stumbled when the female released his scruff near the doorway however, a less than graceful fall coming not long after, Inca's cloak spoiling any of his initial frantic efforts to stand back up. When his very wide eyes saw the dagger in the other Luperci's hand, Inca again froze, regardless of how close she might have brought it to him. It was a struggle for him to process what she was even saying, only distantly realizing that she must know he was from Anathema some how, and something about a ring, her tone making him think she thought he had stolen it.

"I... I-I'm sorry!" the boy whined, hoping that apologizing for being caught red handed would be enough, but quickly adding "W-what ring?" to allay any belief that he might have stolen it. Every fiber of Inca's body wanted to bolt, to scrabble away with his tail between his legs, but he imagined the aftermath of that, if she decided to use the dagger she held on him. He still had the knife on his belt, a pitiful thing, but his fearful eyes still were drawn toward it, his cloak no longer hiding the thing after he'd fell.

Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:50 am

[ 000 ] » Let me know if you're not good with any of the action stuff in there, and I'll fix it.

Even though the ring was all a rouse to get something back that she never really needed. It was only a means to give those Anathemans a hard time for all the hard times she endured in their pack. She should have understood that not everyone knew about it – maybe just Lukos, Kentaro, and maybe Nyx, but she couldn’t assume the children of the pack knew. She sort of knew that, but rational thought did not flicker across her mind in times of abundant hype.

Bullshit! Ya fuckin’ have it, don’t ya?” she growled, grabbing for his cloak in an attempt to hoist him up by his collar. If there was no cloak to grab onto, she would have hoisted him up by his throat. Her dagger was still at the ready, but she eyed his instead and went to reach for it, to relieve him of his weapon in case he got daring.

”’Sorries’ ain’t good enough around here, kid. Don’t tell me ya came to the city thinkin ya was just gonna poke around and get away with it?” Szenne sneered, chuckling at the end. Her heart was cold, and if the young Anatheman couldn’t tell that by now, well… ”Tell me what ya was really doin’ here and maybe I’ll let you live.”

Just then…

”Well, what do we have here?” a sleepy Ronan said, coming down from the stairs and sauntering over towards them.

Szenne looked over her shoulder momentarily. ’Ey! Ya was supposed to be watchin’ the fuckin’ camp – what happened? I found someone snoopin the fuck around that’s what happened!” She returned her gaze to Inca. ”And if he don’t start talkin’, he’s gonna pay with his life. Ya don’t want that, do ya? Her voice softened as she asked that last part to Inca.

Ronan settled down by the fire, resting his elbows on his knees, seemingly not giving a damn that his comrade was just roughing up a kid. There was interest that lingered in his yellow eyes, but his body language said he couldn’t be bothered.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:14 am

Inca was filled with terror at the situation he'd found himself in, he was far from a competent fighter, and not even completely grown yet. Yet, there he was, being lifted up by the collar of his cloak, effectively snared by some loner that seemed to have some problem with Anathema. Barely formed delusions of maybe being able to use the belt knife to fend off the woman were swept away before Inca could conjure enough courage to reach for the thing, ending up in her hand instead. Even worse, the words that he hoped would at least calm the situation, if not excuse him, yet she had made it quite clear that he couldn't take his way out of things.

She didn't believe that the younger male had just been snooping aimlessly around, that he was lying about something, but Inca had no idea what she might believe he was up to, no hint as to what he should 'admit' to in order to escape. Not that it would have been a terribly good idea, he wasn't very good at lying under stress, unable to hide the nervous glances, and other signs as well as some could. While he remained quiet, trembling from fear in Szenne's grasp, another Luperci made themselves known, but Inca was too frightened to peel his wide eyed gaze from the female.

The youth's tongue became much less still when her scolding of the second adult ended, and she tied his life to talking. ”P-Please! I just wanted to see what I could find in the ruins. My mom doesn't even know I went alone, told her my dad was coming with me...” Inca rattled off, hoping that something would satisfy her, maybe some minor detail about how he'd come there enough to convince the woman. Being held by the collar of his cloak was anything but comfortable, Inca whining occasionally, wriggling a bit in Szenne's grasp when he tried to avoid the digging sensation of the fabric being pulled taunt against his neck.

Beyond his own primal fear of being murdered by the loner, Inca could imagine the hurt looks on his mother, and May. He'd lost a sister already, the thought of putting his family through that again was almost as miserable as knowing it would be him that died. ”It's the truth. I'm not lying! I-If you let me go, I won't tell anyone, I don't wanna die!” the male added, panic in his voice as he grasped blindly for excuses to be let go, optimistically hoping that just promising not to tell anyone would be enough for the stranger.

Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 04, 2017 4:48 am

[ 000 ] » Once again, lemme know if you're not cool with the PP :)

Even as Szenne held the little idiot up by his collar, leaving him to scramble or otherwise stand on his tippiest of toes, he yammered on about betraying his parents, not wanting to die, blah blah... The size of the info-dump he laid on the warehouse doorstep made her smirk. Was this the part where she was supposed to feel sorry for him? He betrayed mommy and didn’t go with daddy and she was supposed to feel bad? Szenne wasn’t going to kill the kid, but she definitely wasn’t going to let him go without some kind of punishment.

Tucking the child’s knife into her belt along with hers, she freed up a hand for what she planned to do next. Winding back her arm, she socked him once. But once wasn’t satisfying enough, so she wound up for round two --

”Wait,” Ronan interrupted, which made Szenne halt and growl.

”What.”

”I remember this kid…” Ronan got up and sauntered over to the doorway. He leaned against the wall, his eyes lingering on the struggling boy. ”He’s one of Nyx’s spawn.”

Szenne’s green eyes lingered on Inca’s face. She didn’t recognize him because she never took much interest in Nyx’s children, or Nyx in general. She also had not been intimidated by the fact that she was abusing one of Anathema’s leaders’ pups. Instead, she considered what would happen, what kind of message it would send, if she gutted him like a pig, spread his guts all over Anathema’s borders, and left his head on a pike.

”Let ‘em go.”

”Since when did ya get soft on me? No.

”Let him go. He’s stupid; he’s not a threat. You know if he even mentions us, Anathema will be making a house call real soon. ”

”Haven’t ya noticed? I ain’t a-fuckin-fraid of ‘em!” Szenne snarled, casting her gaze sideways to Ronan. Instead of more lip, Ronan just gave her a look, and with that, Szenne shoved the boy out the door, letting him go as the momentum took him.

”If I find ya back here, ya BFF Ronan ain’t gonna talk me out of killin ya. Get lost.”

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Inca did his best to struggle at standing on the tips of his toes, so as not to hang completely from his collar, the hybrid's eye alight with fear throughout the ordeal, the occasional whine escaping him when he would nearly lose his precarious footing. Concern over his own well being drifted a little out of focus when the woman took his knife and added it to their belt, his worries at least for a brief moment fixating on the idea that he might not get his prized possession back.

That lapse in self-concern was temporary, corrected by the sudden blow that struck him in the side of his muzzle, drawing an immediate pained yelp from the younger male. It had been the first time someone else had struck him quite that hard, something beyond the strike that he'd sometimes get in short sparring matches. The world's spinning started to fade in time for Inca's terrified gaze to notice she was winding up for another punch, causing his eyes to clench shut in anticipation for more painful strikes to fall on him. The first had been enough to bloody his nose, and left side of his muzzle, the iron taste of his own blood adding to unpleasant experience when some of it got into his mouth.

The other adult halted the second blow before it fell, but Inca's eyes were slow to open, fearful that the reprieve might end at any moment. Their exchange didn't mean anything to the youth, aside from the fact that they seemed to know he was Nyx's son, and that the woman apparently hated his pack. He remained silent during the exchange, at least smart enough to know that talking might convince the more angry of the pair to hit him again. Just as unexpected at the punch had been, Inca didn't see the shove that followed, the hybrid hitting the hard ground on his back, knocking some of the air out of him.

Groaning from the aches and pain that the impact had given him, Inca struggled to make it back onto his feet, rolling slowly in the right direction to start making his way onto hands and knees. He wanted his knife back, badly, it would probably be a cold day in hell that he'd get another given the day's events. ”C..Can I please have it back?” Inca whined, while struggling his way closer to being on two feet. ”Please?” Inca added another plea, his attention mostly on Szenne, but also drifting toward the other male, half hoping that they might intervene on his behalf again.

Vale
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:46 am

[ 000 ] » ooc text here

She had given the child a free pass at death. A new life out of the goodness of her heart. Yet even as she done so, he still came crawling back asking for more. Szenne didn’t hide the growl that bubbled up from within. She was quickly losing her patience with this kid. If Ronan hadn’t stopped her, he would have been dead already, and they wouldn’t be dealing with giving back knives and saving lives.

With a cold, hard look in her eyes, Szenne opened her mouth to speak but it was Ronan that cut her off.

”No. Now get lost before we both change our minds. Your life’s enough, don'tcha think? Beat it.”

They were both done talking and pleading with the young boy, but they did not dismiss him by walking away. Instead, Szenne dismissed him by stepping forward, closer to the door and closer to pushing the kid out forcefully. Maybe she’d do it with his knife sticking out of his back. There, he could have it then.

”Last time I tell ya to leave before I gut ya wit’ it.” One of the highest dishonors was to die by your own weapon... Szenne was obliged to make that offer, and do the task for him.

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics