These wounds we hide

Pack Gardens | AW for one.

POSTED: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Word Count → 247 :: Care to join Cortez and Sloan with their gardening attempts?!
Sometimes staying in the estate grew to be too much for; the same walls, the same scents and sounds, it was slowly chipping away upon her sanity, until everything threatened to overwhelm her and come crumbling down. Unfortunately for her, the Estate was her safe haven, the only place she felt comfortable enough to move around. It was familiar and predictable, most objects and pieces of furniture being left where they were, allowing for her to predict and make her way around without bruised shins in the process.

Cortez had been the one to see her plight, acting upon it before she reached the end of her tether and did something foolish to alleviate the growing stress, boredom and general frustration she felt. So surprising, that the hulking brindle male would show kindness and patience to her, leading her from the self-imposed confinement the she was stuck within, a hand upon her arm as he guided her out the back of the estate and down to the pack gardens. Never had she bothered to come out here – she hadn't had a reason to, nor the interest in the place.

Wondering around the gardens, everything had been overwhelming, so many scents in every direction. It was what she needed and before long, both herself and Cortez were slowly clearing the dirt, beginning to work on the ground to plan some things. It was enjoyable, even if the brindle had to go back and correct much of the work she did.

Art by Remarin

And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:32 am

Lithia Napier
  • Word Count: [343]
  • Date: 00/00
  • Time: --
  • Form: Optime
Hope ya don't mind an awkward Lithia!

Even as the winter thawed into spring, there were still those days where the chill in the air hung around until it seeped into one’s bones and froze their core. Lithia hated those days. Those were the kinds of days that encouraged laziness where one would sit around in a warm den or shelter drinking tea and reading books for the bulk of the day. One, meaning her, would certainly not be outside doing work when the damp chill hung so closely.

With cup and pot at the ready, Lithia took her storage jars from the shelf in her room and, much to her dismay, found that they were much emptier than she remembered. Lithia grumbled, mainly to herself, even as Totem lifted his head towards the back of her room. ”I’m out of tea,” she clarified, though it wasn’t as if she would send the former-slave out for it. He wouldn’t know which leaves to pluck and which were ripe enough to boil for the best flavor. She didn’t really know, either, but it was harder to get mad when she could only blame herself. Leaving the jar open on the shelf, Lithia took one of her little leather pouches and headed out the door towards the garden to replenish her favorite chamomile tea stock.

In the garden, she found much more than what she was hoping for, which were just cold plants. She found Luperci working there. She found pack mates.

Awkwardly, Lithia stood off to the side, eyeing the chamomile plant she needed to get to, but also realizing it was one of the ones the two Luperci worked around. At the time, she also hadn’t realized that she could have probably just as easily gotten the tea leaves from Sapient’s storage.

She cleared her throat and spoke up, ”Hello. Do you guys want some help?” Digging around in the garden hadn’t particularly been her plans for that day, but she valued friendships and acquaintances - and what better way to gain those than offer to help with a daunting task?

lies on your lips, but there's love in your eyes

template by kitty and aso; Image by mirai takahashi; beautiful table by jada!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Word Count → 311 :: Out of Character text
Cortez had left her to the plants, the girl folding the skirt she wore that day under her legs as she knelt, feeling for them, following the lines of stalks and leaves with her fingers tips with gentle moves, cautious not to break or damage any of the plants from her exportations. It wasn't long before the brindle male (a fact she knew about him from memory alone) had returned, his foot steps loud as he approached, before he handed over a bag of mixed seeds.

Flowers, he'd explained to her. All with similar needs and therefore okay to plan together – she had her doubts but said nothing, sure that individual plants needed their own space to flourish. This was completely new to her, a thrill of sorts, being able to work again and do something, even if all she was doing was planting things horribly wrong, under the questionable guidance of someone who knew just as much about plants as she did.

Cortez took the task of digging the small holes, waiting patiently for her to find them, dropping seeds and covering them with the loosened soil that had been removed. It was simple work, yet fun; the feel of mud between her paws, teasing Cortez as she waited time and time again for him to muscle the soil loose for her to plant her seeds.

Sat close to the male, reliant upon the feel of his body shifting against hers to tell when he was done digging without having to ask every time (he always lent back when the ground was ready for her to plant), she felt him tense, scent alerting her to the presence of the female seconds later. Nothing but a voice to her, she tilted her head in the strangers direction.

“Hi, I'm Sloan, this is Tez. Do you know anything about plants?”

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:56 am

Lithia Napier
  • Word Count: [302]
Your post was not bad at all, Kitty!

She gripped one of her wrists as she stood there, wondering if she had made a mistake to offer her help in such a matter she knew not enough about. Lithia often wanted to look victorious in a situation, not a bumbling buffoon that also couldn’t contribute to a cause. She wanted to be able to say she could help them and actually be able to give them something to work with, but her mother was a warrior, not a healer or an herbalist. If her Uncle Nero had stuck around, then maybe she would have known a little more. The pale dog – who she had known to be Naenia’s daughter just from around – turned and with her crystalline blue eyes set upon her, introduced herself.

”I’m Lithia, nice to meet you both,” she replied, moving from her rooted spot in the dirt to come closer to the garden patch. She kneeled in the dirt simply beside the plants and assessed the situation. They had been planting new plants – digging holes and dropping seeds into them, and then covering them up. Maybe watering them afterwards? Lithia had never taken interest in plants. ”Probably no more than you know, unfortunately. I came down to collect some tea leaves, but I’d be happy to lend a hand to ease your burdens.”

She hadn’t known much about Sloan’s condition, only what she had heard from others and what she’d seen while encountering the girl in the territory. She seemed to feel around for things much more than a normal Luperci would, and while Lithia questioned that, she didn’t know Sloan well enough to ask her about it. Still, if Sloan could see it, there was a spark of intrigue in her pink eyes that rested upon Sloan’s form. If Cortez looked, he would see it.

template by Kitty and aso; Image by mirai takahashi; beautiful table by jada!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Word Count → 211 :: Out of Character text
Smiling wide, she bobbed her head in greeting as the female introduced herself in return; the name was indeed familiar, as the scent had been, but still no face came to mind and it bothered her. The blur of shapes and colours only gave her a dark shadow, which wasn't telling. Was her hair long, short? Coyote ears or floppy like her own? It was just something she would have to imagine in her mind, rather than know in truth, she supposed and so imagine she will.

“Tea leaves? I didn't know we had such a plant out here. See, you know more than me,” leaning away from Cortex, she placed a hand on the males shoulder, using him as a means to help her rise to a standing position, flashing a smile downwards before her attention returning back to the new female.

“If it's all right with you, could you teach me which ones you know and where they are?” her and Cortez had just found an empty patch and started planting at random, not wanting to disturb the rest of the garden; however, if she could have someone to teach her more, then perhaps in the future she could branch out and try other things out here.

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:38 am

Lithia Napier
  • Word Count: [301]
Ooc text here

As Lithia’s pink eyes lingered on her, she decided that Sloan was a very pretty Luperci. Her coat was a combination of light creams and browns – a stark difference from that other her mother, whose coat was also nice except screaming right in your face with hues of yellow and orange. Sloan’s beauty was pleasing to her eyes, though in a more calming manner. Her clouded, yet beautiful blue eyes were expressive, searching, and curious. And to boot, the woman seemed to have a pretty good sense of style, which fit in well with their culture.

”Uh, sure,” Lithia hesitated. She couldn’t really teach Sloan much, but she did know about some of the plants Sapient had and some of the properties they offered when put into tea. ”When I said tea leaves, I meant the leaves off of the Chamomile plant, which is here.” She pointed, looking over to Sloan to make sure the woman could see where she was pointing. Lithia beckoned her over gently, where the two women would stand side by side while Lithia pointed to numerous plants.

”When made into a tea, Chamomile is kind of relaxing. It puts your mind at ease and gets rid of swelling, and is a great tea for tasseography.” Lithia scanned the rest of the plants in the garden, trying to pinpoint which others could be made into tea also. Realistically, probably any plant could be made into tea – but which were popular as teas, didn’t taste like the black shit in an elk’s intestines, and had medicinal properties? Lavender. Feverfew. Echinacea. Basil. Probably some others, but Sapient didn’t have that many plants.

”Do you know what you and Cortez just planted?” she asked, wondering if any of them were new seeds that weren’t already full grown in Sapient’s garden.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Word Count → 333 :: Out of Character text
Following Sloan's lead, Cortez tidied up the last of their planting attempts; she felt guilty, wanting to divert her attention back to the task, but the pat on her shoulder had her smiling sheepishly as the brindle male non-verbally conveyed that all was well, Tez smoothing down the loose dirt over the seeds she'd planted, before turning to view Lithia also, remaining quiet as Sloan already peppered the female with questions and demands.

Out of the entire pack, no one had come to mind to ask about the gardens or plants in general. There was of course the librarians, but being directed to books that she couldn't read wasn't a solution, nor was she inclined to burden them with helping her read when they already had busy schedules and personal lives. Tez was willing to humour her and help her out with her attempts, but gardening certainly wasn't his strong point either All they were doing was simple things: digging holes and planting seeds, watering if there was a need.

Presented with a chance to learn more, she'd latched on shamelessly

The clarification, that is was a plants leaves that were used, not specifically a tea plant itself, that the female was after baffled her. In her own simplistic views, she'd always believed that there was a tea plant that was grown exclusively for tea, not that a random plant; Chamomile, in this instance, was harvested to meet such a purpose.

Missing the hand gesture, but assuming that the other was trying to visually show her, she stepped forward, following her nose until she reached close to the other, a hand reaching out to grasp her shoulder, head inclining to silently ask her to physically show her. In her world touch and scent was what she lived by.

“Would you mind directing me to the Chamomile? And no, me and Tez found a bag of seeds labelled plant in spring. It's kind of a mystery, no? It makes it much more exciting!”

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci DRINK ME!
MY SANCTUARY
YOU'RE HOLY TO ME

POSTED: Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 am

Lithia Napier
  • Word Count: [257]
Heh recently I looked up how to grow tea, and I realized how fucking wrong I am in that last post. Anyway, sorry for being a snail. Where did April go?!

It had been a hunch at first; she assumed the way that the woman’s eyes looked was just part of what she looked like. Though, as the pretty femme carefully walked over to her, Lithia realized how much the woman relied on sound and touch, and not sight. A hand reached out and touched her shoulder, and soon the body followed until they both stood in close proximity to each other. Lithia had not prepared for this contact, and it made her go rigid and feel slightly uncomfortable. She tried, for Sloan’s sake, to keep the rigidity out of her shoulder, to make it melt through the rest of her body because all Sloan wanted to do was see some plants.

”S-sure, they’re right over here.” Lithia moved slowly to the side, trying not to slip out of Sloan’s grasp. She directed the woman to the side of the garden patch where it would be easiest to find and touch the Chamomile plant. When they approached it, Lithia slowly kneeled, giving the woman some time to realize they were going down. When Sloan would follow, Lithia would direct her hand to the stem of the chamomile plant. ”It’s here… This one.”

”So, yeah, they weren’t labeled, huh? I guess it’ll be sort of a guessing-game when they mature… We’ll have to get the pros out here to identify them for us… or else I might be having nightshade tea someday.” Lithia turned to Sloan and smiled, forgetting that she probably wouldn’t be able to see it anyway.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics