[M] Haven't slept since the summer

p. Lukos | Thornhill District

POSTED: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:53 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

[ 000 ] » For Lukos, evening. In the Thornhill District part of Halifax. Present-day, unless we had a date in mind? I'm flexible with whichever.

Scavenging went well somedays. Somedays she was able to talk her way into some shit, only to come out with much more shit than she started. Other days, it seemed the streets were dry and all that was left over was trash and the good stuff was left in the nooks and crannies. If she wanted to take a sledge hammer and run into a store like a bull in a china shop and hammer the shit out of everything inside until it was all dust and splinters – then, then maybe she would find something of value.

She still had that diamond ring she found in that jewelry store a couple months back. That was a lucky find, and that was sure to get her at least a horse when she needed one. Right now, she and Ronan and their things were safe in the warehouse as long as one of them was watching it like they should. That night it had been Ronan’s job again, and Szenne swore on both his and hers that if she came back to another brat snooping through their shit, she was going to carve a new asshole into his forehead.

With a knapsack of raw findings and one rabbit hoisted over her shoulder and the daylight deepening to a dark blue, Szenne walked back towards the warehouse then. There was little light to light her path, but that didn’t matter much to her. Halifax was a familiar friend, and she trusted that whatever stepped in her path, she’d be able to deal with.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:14 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 471
Date: Apr. 5
Place: Halifax
Form: Optime
Sorry it took me a bit to get this up! I think the day the post was made will be fine. ^_^"

Things had been going good lately. After Song passed, the shattered family began to pick up the pieces again. Inca and May had fully become adults, several members came together to help out with the construction of the two clinics in the territory, a few loners had even joined the pack, and Besekel seemed excited about a new friend he made. Of course, Lukos knew who Avinalora was, especially after that incident with Nyx that occurred. Still, the healer had earned his respect, and hoped that some of her calm, collected behavior would rub off on the pup. The Atheed knew he could teach his son only so much, and hopefully he would grow to learn who he was as himself. Still, that didn't make the wolf want to guide the gentle if not nosy child any less.

The one he really was worrying about was Nyx. He had been with the warrior through nearly every hardship, and was there to help her recover however he could. But this time, she didn't seem to be getting better. He wasn't expecting her to improve overnight with all that had happened, but at this point he was worried. Or maybe... Maybe because of their daughter's death, there was a divide between them now. It felt difficult for Lukos to talk to Nyx about these sort of things, so he had no idea on how to address it, or even if he could. And there was no telling how Nyx felt. What was once a mystery to him before has now become even more in question. For a moment, the wolf had to take a step back and ask himself how exactly did the Malpas see him? Most people would point out the fact they have pups running around, but.. Lukos knew that was a bit more complicated than it seemed. Well, at least-

The Atheed pulled himself out of his thoughts, remembering that the place he had been wandering aimlessly was not his home territory but Halifax, and his reasoning was to look for anything useful for the new clinics they had just built. It was intended as a quick journey, so he had left his favorite weapon, his katana, behind. Instead, he carried his old knife from long ago that he owned when he first came to Anathema, and that beat up elk-skin bag he had in his youth to carry things in. The knife was more of a deterrent really, as he wasn't expecting much trouble on this trip. An expectation he now regretted, seeing as the reason why he looked up in the first place is that the wolf found that he had wandered in front of his former servant Szenne, completely unaware that she stood a few meters away till just then.

Shit.

Image: JLS Photography | Texture: Mercurycode & Xnienke | Table by Sammiie

Avi by the amazing Corie!
The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Thu May 04, 2017 5:00 am

[ 000 ] » Ronan's just around in case she needs to strong-arm him xD

”Ah-hah, look what the cat dragged in,” she mused, taking in the whole sight of pitiful Lukos standing before her, looking rather alarmed. That’s right. He should be alarmed. This was not his turf, she was not his servant anymore. He couldn’t tell her what to do anymore.

She would make the demands now.

”What cat?” Ronan said, out of frame, digging through the front of a store in search of anything useful.

”Ya told me Anathema would come snoopin’. I shoulda’ listened,” she said, tipping her head toward Ronan’s direction, but keeping her eyes on her prize: Lukos. Ronan finished digging around in the store, and came out. He couldn’t miss the action. He never liked to miss out.

When he rounded the corner and recognized the gray wolf, he emitted, ”Oh-ho…”

”So, ya bring me my fuckin’ ring? Huh? Got the nerve to show ya face here. Ya must be here for somethin’. Well, what is it?” she growled. There was an unamused look on her face – similar to the one that she wore in her slaving days. She was not very happy to see Lukos around her area now. She wanted to keep as much distance between them as possible – especially due to how he acted in the end and during their little face-off about the horses.

Lukos had no loyalty. No respect for the one who did his damn chores and fed him for the last year. No respect.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 24, 2017 3:02 am

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 681
Really pushing it with these late replies aren't I? ^_^"

Well, at least you know what they're up to now. mouthed off the other mind as Szenne called out to Ronan. Honestly that wasn't much of a concern after that little tantrum Szenne threw over the horses. he thought back darkly while trying to think of a way out. Too late for that now, genius. You let yourself get in grabbing distance, and I can't imagine that Szen is going to let this kinda haul get away easily. Lukos briefly wondered if Szenne would even register it quickly enough if he was to turn heels this moment and make full speed for home. The abruptness might throw them off. But maybe he wouldn't need to, really. He had no idea what the ex-servants plans were, so he didn't have any real reason to be worried other than some sort of twisted revenge complex that Szenne might have. And besides, would people really respect him if he turned tail and ran just because he bumped into a couple of runaway slaves, even if he was alone and severely under-equipped?

His arms were calmly hanging down at his sides, hands loose and prepared to go for the dagger if need be. He should've at least sharpened the damn thing. "To be fair, the last place I thought to find you was this close to home. I thought you would've made it for somewhere south again, or maybe the mainlands if you got past Inferni." he thought aloud to the pair, commenting on Szenne's remark. When the other runaway had shown his face, Pita decided that it would be a brilliant idea to speak. "Ah, I see you haven't murdered your fuck-buddy out of frustration just yet. How quaint." Lukos somehow both rolled his eyes and closed them in silent resignation as he heard the words emit from his mouth.

It's so reassuring to know that both sides are even on wit now, thanks for that. he thought scathingly. Still visibly annoyed over Pita, Lukos' face contorted into confusion when Szenne began speaking. Ring? Did we have a ring? The one that we hid in a book. Oooh, right. Forgot about that. No wonder why one of them would never lay completely flat on it's binding. He actually started to laugh, once he realized the situation. "Ha ha, you actually think I intended to find you? Sorry to disappoint, but this was a complete accident." he said honestly. After what Szenne had said to him when they tracked her down, the arrogance she had to claim that he didn't care. If he didn't care, he would've let her die in that arena years ago. He would've been as selfish and merciless as any other Anatheman from then. But that wouldn't have been him, and it still wasn't. But the moment Szenne made everything about herself, and ran away days before he was about to willingly hand over her freedom, was when she crossed a line. A line that was burned even further by dragging the fact his daughter had died through the mud like it was nothing when they were caught.

"If you really want that ring so badly, I can go get it for you if you'd like. But when you get it, I'd suggest hitting the road. We felt like we owed you something because of your 'treatment' over the years, but we're not a charity for you to wipe your feet on." he told them, as more than just an Anatheman. He tried to treat Szenne as any other member over the years, and when she started causing problems is when he had to actually use any sort of discipline. Her being a "slave" was more formality than anything, a title that she was given, not a role, even if Szenne never realized it. But she's betrayed him now, and he wasn't about to keep showing kindness if spite was all he was going to get.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:07 am

[ 000 ] » Can I just APOLOGIZE for being molasses >.< I am sorry!

Both slaves now closed in on him – although at a distance. Szenne to one side, Ronan to another. If Lukos was going to run forward, he’d have nowhere to cut off and escape from. Though, it would’ve been wiser for him to run either in the right or left direction closest to him, if he were to run from them at all.

”’If I got passed Inferni?” she questioned. What would make him think that she wouldn’t? What quarrel did she have with coyotes? They no longer killed wolves for fun. Then she caught wind at the little snide side comment that was uttered by no one other than Pita… but she played it off. Fuck buddy? Hah! Ronan wishes. Ya hear that, Ro? Should we show ‘em how close we are? Give him a show?” She thrust her hips in the air for a moment, but when her gaze returned to Lukos, both her jest and the display fell. ”No.”

He claimed it was an accident, and Szenne didn’t know if she bought it. What was Lukos doing in Halifax anyway? What did he need here? He wasn’t a scavenger… he wasn’t too materialistic. What was he really doing in Halifax?

”Yeah, I do,” she answered, back on the subject of the ring. But she scoffed at his words. He made it seem like Anathema did so much for her and Ronan. Perhaps they kept them alive, but what kind of a life was slavery? Szenne would’ve preferred death. Owe me somethin’? And what did Anathema give us in return? Nothin’! Couldn’t even let us keep two damn horses outta the twenty they had already. Anathema didn’t give me shit for my time as their fuckin’ servant! And neitha’ did ya!” She snorted, casting a glance in Ronan’s direction. Horizons were looking different for Lukos now… ”But ya know what? That’s fine. Keep a girl’s dead mother’s ring. Blackmail me, that’s good. Lie to me, tell me ya gonna get it for me, and never come back. Even better.” She attempted to jab him with the sob story. All of it was true except for the ring itself. She had the real one stowed away for safe keeping. Lukos had the duplicate that she could sell for a high price. Maybe even for some horses… ”But we’ll have to make do here. Ain’t no way I’m lettin’ ya outta my grasp to go fetch a ring that I’m not even sure ya gonna give me… so you’ll just give me everythin’ ya got now… and we’ll call it even.”

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 681
Hi there it's the crusty Anatheman back from under his rock.

The runaways were moving to either side of his flank, glaring him down as the wolf tried to talk through this scenario. A hand drifted towards the dulled knife, not really wanting to escalate things past the point of no return, but he wasn't comfortable with letting them just encircle him as he took a step back. "Yeah, if. Last time I checked, they were a pack, one that wasn't keen on letting strangers waltz through their territory." Lukos hadn't really interacted with the coyotes, not that he could remember at least, but his experience with some of their ex-members was less than stellar. He considered them to be an unknown variable, not exactly dangerous but probably not the kind of people to go to when in dire need.

At any rate, if Szenne was as annoyed with Pita's comment as Lukos was, she hid it well. At first she laughed at him, mocking him further by jokingly suggesting to her partner in crime that they put on a demonstration. "Well it would be more interesting than whatever this charade is." came another muttering remark towards the ex-servant. Before he could react, Szenne gave the Atheed a scathing look and the alter jumped on that as well. "Was worth a shot." Lukos gave a pause, clamping his paws over his muzzle and turning to the side. "I really don't need your help on this." he told himself, trying to refocus. He really didn't need to be fighting himself at the same time as he was arguing with potentially hostile loners.

Szen was becoming heated over the subject of her mother's ring, something the wolf had grown used to over the years. It was always an emotional overload with her, shouting and fuming before stopping to think. Maybe that was just her way of getting satisfaction out of this, but to Lukos if she truly cared she'd try to be a bit more tactful about these things. Practically getting in his face with accusations, all the while Lukos held his tongue until she was done venting. ...If you won't say it, I will.

"You really don't get it, do you. You never tried to think of it differently from being the victim." he started coldly, meeting the woman's gaze. "What did Anathema give you, a bunch of outsiders that harassed us and were stupid enough to get caught? Besides stopping you from dying a even more stupid and pointless death, we were going to give you a choice! Maybe even some things to help you live out here alone but before we could act you stole from us and ran with your tails tucked! What you went through might not be able to be amended, but at least we were willing to admit that it was wrong! And sorry, Your Highness," he said, unleashing words that he couldn't bring himself to say when they caught them after the escape, "but when did either of us ever command you to do anything? At what point in your "slavery" did we ever forced you to do something, or even laid a hand on you, besides of course when you tried to fucking kill someone." The Anatheman glared at her, angry that she was too stubborn to realize the truth.

"Your entire servitude was a sham. A lie, a formality. We only ever asked you to do things. If you had just taken a moment to think about your situation you would've known," the wolf revealed, crossing his arms with a grimace. "you could've said no at any time. You could've left at any time. All you had to do was swallow your damn pride and ask me, instead of sneaking around my back. And you," he went on, switching his glowering look to Ronan. "I don't know what you went through in great detail, but I'm sure it was just so unbearable to have to keep up appearances around a stuttering woman half your size."

Darkly looking back at Szenne, Lukos uncrossed his arms as he widened his stance. "I'm not sure I have to give you anything, seeing as you never bothered to ask before."

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:04 am

[ 000 ] » Left the struggle details super vague ~ I figured you could fill some of them in in your reply :3

Szenne smirked at Lukos’ (or Pita’s) attempt at dismantling her argument. He mentioned a few things about the slaves playing the victims – but was that really the case? Perhaps Szenne wasn’t exactly forced against her will, but she wasn’t exactly given much of a free choice either. Stay with your captors and pretend to live a normal life among them or serve them in a life of servitude? Neither of her given choices were what she wanted; she just wanted her freedom back. She didn’t see that option with pledging her life and loyalty to Anathema any more than she did hunting for Lukos and feeding him like some sort of man-child.

”She fuckin asked for it… and she keeps askin for it comin ova here on my turf… just like ya.”

Szenne was quiet for a few more seconds, letting Lukos finish his rant. She rolled her eyes a few times, and despite all the truth that spilled from his mouth, it fell on deaf ears. She was unwilling to admit to anything. Whether or not Ronan would admit their abuse was mostly lies, it didn’t matter much now. Neither of them planned on fessing up.

”That’s bullshit and ya know it! What? Ya wait until me and Ronan steal a couple of ya horses to tell us ’well, we were gonna let yas go tomorrow if yas stuck around’ after the fact? And don’t even try to use Briston as an example! He was a fuckin’ traitor from day one. He pledged his damn life to his captors and chose their side over ours. Fuck that!” Szenne gave Ronan a hand signal and unsheathing her dagger, Szenne and Ronan closed in on Lukos – closer, closer.

”And her fucking kids,” Ronan corrected, closing in on the right. It didn’t strengthen his case any, but he wanted to correct Lukos on something since that blow was pretty low.

”Ya right. Ya don’t gotta give us nothin,” Szenne sneered; the blade glinted in the light. ”We’ll just take it then. That bag’ll do… mmm and maybe that dagger, too.”

Then Ronan tackled Lukos, aiming a punch at his muzzle with the hand that gripped the dagger – which could have cut Lukos’ face in the process. Ronan’s goal was to grab Lukos’ arms and incapacitate him – of course, not without a struggle. Szenne flew to the wrestling men to provide back-up, ensuring Lukos would be held and watch as he was robbed of his possessions and left to fend for himself.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

O
O
C

T
E
X
T
Words: 000
Tis I, the narcoleptic college student that likes to make oxymorons. (I assumed that you were saying where they were closing in on him was in relation to their perspective, so just let me know if I need to change it~)

Nothing seemed to be getting through to the woman, as always. There was once a time where Lukos would've tried to reason with Szenne, but he found out after years of living with her that it was the same as talking to a wall. A very angry, moody wall. That liked cursing, and not much else really. Szenne let the wolf finish his rant first, though what she said in the middle of it caught his attention. "Wait, what do you mean, 'keeps asking for it'?" he said with a feeling of apprehension, getting the impression that Charlie didn't know how to learn. Lukos' ears flicked back, watching the two of them draw near, yellow orbs shifting from runaway to runaway. Szenne was getting venomous again, shouting him and implying that the leaders said whatever suited them, calling a former accomplice of theirs a traitor.

"It was in three days, not the next, but you would've known that if you had stuck around." he snapped back, backing up at a slightly slower pace, hand still gripping the knife without pulling it out. "And maybe you should think about how Briston realized just how much of a joke your 'slavery' was, and took advantage of that. Maybe it's because he was smarter than both of you, and didn't let dumbass pride blind him to everything but how he felt." Ronan piped up once more, throwing his two cents into the ring. The wolf rolled his eyes, glaring at the ex-servant on his left. "Don't try to pull that fuckin shit on me, I spend more time and effort on those children more than you and the bastard who hurt Nyx combined, and I sure as hell know you didn't give two shits about my own kids."

Szenne drew his attention away from Ronan again, speaking in a low and menacing voice, flashing the knife against the sun. It was then that Lukos made a rookie mistake. Focusing entirely on the female, he could hear Ronan running up to him on his flank, and the wolf ducked to avoid the blow inevitably coming. What he didn't anticipate was Ronan slamming into him, pinning the arm that tried to pull his defense out. Lukos tried to shake off his attacker, but he slipped up big time, allowing Ronan a free grapple and weighing the tall wolf down as Szenne ran in to support him. Attempting to buck and pry off the male, the leg that wasn't currently still bent from when he dodged was swiftly kicked from behind, and as Lukos went to catch himself the timber wolf swept his arm away, both arms now restrained as he tried to lift himself back up on his legs alone. Unfortunately, the two were basically on top of him at this point, forcing him down on the ground with more leverage than he had. Lukos began to relax, only to suddenly tense up and try and catch them off guard, not that it really worked.

Growling in frustration, he could feel pilfering hands freeing him of his bag and the knife strapped to the hip, struggling to use the arm it was under to force them off but it was in an inconvenient hold, never really able to twist it out from underneath. "This ain't the last time you'll be seeing me now, you know that right?" he snarled, not about to let this transgression slide. He'd purposefully track these two down a second time if need be. This little embarrassment would not stand, not if he could get even.

The Order
Prometheus
Mike
Luperci Mate to Nyx

POSTED: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm

[ 000 ] » I thought your post was good :)

”No, I didn’t just like I don’t give two shits about you,” Ronan growled, holding Lukos’ arms tight in his grasp while Szenne relieved Lukos of all his “valuable” belongings. The thief knew better than to trust a man that suddenly went from fighting to relaxed, and when Lukos suddenly began thrashing again, Ronan was ready for it. He was always ready for it.

Szenne quickly took all of Lukos’ belongings, which included a bag, a dagger strapped to his hip, and a bit of jerky that the woman greedily began eating. ”Ya didn’t know? Charletter visits regularly. She’s gonna get herself killed one a’ these days. And this time, it ain’t gonna be my fault.” While Ronan still held him down, she continued to put all of her “treasures” into the bag for easier carry. She still kept her blade out, should Lukos feel suddenly very brave.

”Yeah, I know. Let’s hope next time ya know better than to come back empty-handed. If not, the situation might go about the same as this.” She signaled Ronan to let him go, and Ronan roughly shoved Lukos, backing away quickly to avoid any desperate retaliation. ”Now, walk or this is gonna have to get real messy.”

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics