robotic, hypnotic

POSTED: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:15 am

• Your characters' precise species and species percentages: 72% Wolf. 22% Coyote. 6% Dog.
  • Your desired Immunes rank(s): Bellum
  • Your characters' cNPC: --
  • Your characters' animal NPCs: --

come get lost in the static

Her original plan to watch those who come and go from Inferni had backfired on her. There had been members coming and going from the borders, but not the one member that she had sought. Her evil Lykoi counterpart had not left the pack in a week, and if conditions continued as they were, she’d have a much tough time trying to corner and kill him as it was planned. Eire needed to think on her toes, and quickly. Even though she didn’t have a deadline, she didn’t want to prolong the death of her father any longer than it needed to be. She wanted to get it done and go home.

It had dawned on her one day that the answer to her current issue may have been to join Inferni rather than just watch from the outside. But since Eire hadn’t thought of this solution before, she had no idea what she had been walking into. Standing on the skull-lined borders of a Coyote pack that had been rumored as both loyal and deadly, the young Lykoi wasn’t too sure what to expect from the one who would answer her call.

There was a nervous tremor in her belly, but she lifted her muzzle to the sky and sent out a howl that sounded much more like her Coyote counterparts than the favored Wolf in her blood. After her call was released to the sky, she waited with bated breath and bees that buzzed violently around in her stomach. The anxiety was inevitable. Once she could see what she was working with, she’d probably calm down a lot more.

With her, she had three rabbits she had caught earlier. She hoped it would be enough to at least earn an audience with someone at their borders, if that kind of thing was required. Eire was green, but she wasn’t clueless. She knew there were certain levels of respect to gain in a pack, even if she never belonged to one in her entire life.

Joining most likely as an Outsider with Eire here. I have PMed the IF account with my question :)

Last edited by Eire Lykoi on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

Hope I'm okay to pop in! Assuming it's raining due to the board plot, but I can take that out if you want!

By now, Dove knew well the symptoms of exhaustion and underweight. Since the last of the Boreas vanished at January's end she had suffered fainting spells, dizziness, irrationality—things she could live with, if it meant bringing the missing River Lark home sooner.

But now, her one-year-old joints felt strangely stiff. Her eyes were itchy. Her breaths felt funny, both in and out. And, as she dragged herself to the alert at the borders determined as always to let nothing keep her down, she vomited. The sight of blood, just slight, startled and frightened her, but Dove convinced herself it was not yet anything to concern herself over nor bring to Harosheth's attention. Despite this, when the young, skeletal woman arrived two-legged and still unwavering at the borders, she wore an expression of bleakness that she tried to stifle with her typical ice and indifference. Whether it worked, she did not know.

Dove did not frankly care, either. The woman at the borders was no one she recognized but whom had brought what Dove surmised to be gifts or offerings. Still somewhat unfamiliar with some basic culture in pack life, the Reverie chose to assume nothing. Despite protruding ribs she squared her shoulders, and despite a stiff back and nausea Dove stood up tall, bow and arrow in her hands. Even if she were too dizzy to shoot, the message was made clear.

"This is Inferni," she said over the steady rain. "Who are you? What do you want?"

all the colors mix together to gray
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:23 am

It had been raining so much the past few days that Eire barely noticed the burden anymore. Each day, her coat was soaked through to the skin and the rains pelted down without end. Everything was muddy or wet, slick with moisture. Inferni’s borders were no different - the skulls, painted or plain, glimmered in the weather and the soil at her feet gave way to her weight, even if it wasn’t much. The stakes stuck in the ground sagged and leaned as the ground drank up the rainwater and became much more liberal than before.

Eire found her eyes wandering around to the items nearest to her as she waited for someone to come along and greet her call. She had not been waiting long - not as long as she assumed she would have - before someone actually did come along.

A white coyote - no doubt a Hybrid, Coyotes didn’t come in just white - appeared on the horizon a little bit after Eire began to study the painted skulls nearest to her. Some were painted with red paint, while others purple, gold, bedazzled with markings and symbols, both sinister and religious.

Eire straightened as the woman approached, looking straight ahead as the droplets pelted down upon her white and black muzzle. Her short hair fell in clumps, and her bangs stuck uncomfortably to her forehead. ”I know, I want to join,” she answered simply.

Totally fine! Someone has to think of the weather because I never do xD.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Leader (Basi, I think?) can jump in whenever.

White fingers drummed along the bow’s handle, evidence of a blossoming impatience. The stranger had neither taken on an insensitive tone nor shown obvious disrespect, but answered Dove’s greeting simply and with a span thereafter that prompted the Reverie to insist for more. It was pouring and miserable, and the young woman had come to request membership. The trio of dead rabbits as potential offering were one thing, but what about manners?

Dove supposed she wasn’t one to comment. She had been shaken and pleading to Vesper when she first stepped up to Infernian borders, but hardly gracious since. She hadn’t reason to be.

“Cool. Well, I’m Dove.” She rolled her eyes, threw back her head and barked without urgency for a clanmate of greater authority to join them, if only to reiterate the red-eyed woman’s call. Until then she would begrudgingly play babysitter, just as she had done for Joaquina, and in no fairer mood at that.

Her thumb grazed the arrow’s fletching, its shaft poised at the bowstring and held wary at her hip. Rain rivered down her arms, her clothes, her face. “So, since you’re too good for names, why Inferni?”

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:29 am

”I’m sorry,” she answered quickly, realizing her error. Surely she didn't want to make them stand out in the rain any longer than they needed to, even if Eire didn't mind being soaked through. ”My name’s Eire. Eire Lykoi.” She blinked crimson eyes at the white hybrid woman, hoping that she hadn’t screwed the meeting up entirely by forgetting that one trivial answer. Her name. What was in a name anyway? Wasn’t it a person’s actions that should show more of who they are? A name was just… words. It didn’t reflect anything but her family surname. And Lykoi was a name she knew nothing about except for her father and his savage activities.

”I have family here. A father by the name of Basilio Lykoi. I was hoping to get to know him…” she offered, hoping her lie was enough to seem genuine. It was certainly more than she wanted to give up in the first place, but the questions canines asked at pack borders were much more important. She needed to lie, and she needed to lie well.

”It’s good to meet you, Dove. Were you named that for your color?” She took a step, attempting to make conversation with the chilled creature that reminded her a little bit of Axelle in her mannerisms.

ooc text here.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Word Count → 428 :: Out of Character text

The taste of blood ran freely down the side of his snout, the fresh kill, a rabbit, clenched between jaws of the four legged Bellator. Wine stained eyes were settled on the path before him, his snout's twitching nose scenting at the air despite the fresh blood that stained his otherwise grey toned maw. He shifted, moving quietly toward the woods closest to the borders, only pausing briefly to let the rabbit fall from his mouth so he could shift freely without having to worry about it clenched between his teeth. It was only when he was able to stand on two feet that he moved onward.

Perhaps it was because he was close to the borders that he heard the call, hopefully before anyone else, first a coyote sounding one that came from an unfamiliar source, then again from someone more familiar. At one point, he might have shrugged it off. After the last few months, though, he knew not to let a call like this go unbidden. The last time, Helena had been approaching the borders, seeking entry. Bad news came, sometimes, with the presence of others at the borders. Maybe that's why he started heading in that direction, fingers wrapped tightly around the mangled rabbit's hide.

As he approached, his fingers held more firmly around the ears of the little beast held there, his free arm moving to swipe away remnants of the kill from his maw. Dark eyes settled upon the path and, soon enough, he approached from Dove's right, a short, stoic figure built for battle, easily underestimated, scarred and tattooed. From the slight raise of his brow, it became readily apparent that he was unsure of the new joiner right away. Perhaps it was the wolvish look she had. Maybe it was her eyes that reminded him of so many of the other Lykoi, like his own children, that shared the color.

Regardless of what it was, he did not wait long to intervene, hearing her speak first before he made the last few steps that led him to a jumbled halt next to the skull lined borders of Inferni. At first, he did not really acknowledge the new joiner. He'd always been that way. Respect was reserved for members of the pack and his opinion of Dove was higher than that of the individual poised at the borders. He could not have been mistaken for someone else. After all, how many pygmies could be found on a regular basis. "Dove," he started with a nod of his head, "what's going on?"

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Earnestly the woman apologized and followed up with a name, though the first name was lost on Dove almost immediately and her ears stuck instead to the surname. Lykoi. Another relative by blood, somewhere among the vast canopy that was their family tree—one so thick with branches Dove was certain no sun would eke through. Eire hadn't the brand of many points that marked her Lykoi, or if she did she wore it away from the draw of the eyes. She hadn't the splash of auburn at the muddle, either, but she did have eyes that brought a shudder to Dove's shoulders, as they always did. Red. Eyes like Saffron's.

Eyes like Basilio, too, as Eire went on. The Reverie drew together her brows, puzzled. Was it not Crucifix he had taken as a mate, and weren't the two pups Dove glanced with her—Hope and Faith, if hearsay was reliable—their offspring? Dove gathered together her concerns and suspicions and evidenced them only in her eyes. A bold claim his Eire had made, one bold enough to rend apart a family, but Dove neither cared for strangers nor had the connection to Basilio and his family to intervene in the face of potential disaster.

"Yeah, for my color," she said, "and you were probably named for what's in your head, right? Air?"

If it was a joke, it was impossible to tell.

Basilio's arrival was a relieving one. He could sort these claims on his own. He spared the woman a glance yet remained aloof and detached, and Dove realized herself to be in a particularly uncomfortable situation between them. Her heart began to pound, but though she frowned, she steeled herself.

"Bellator," she said to him, and glanced between them as if willing them to recognize one another aloud. Uncomfortable she continued, "This is, uh... Well, she has your eyes."

Dove stepped back quickly and lingered, quietly pleading dismissal with her eyes.

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:00 am

”Hah! You think you’re funny,” Eire guffawed, albeit amused, yet annoyed at the comment. Though, Dove quickly turned away from her to address a pygmy that approached just in the nick of time. Axelle had been very correct – he was an abomination. It was hard to believe that something so small could do all those horrible things to an able-bodied wolf such as Axelle. Eire questioned the truth of all the facts she had grown up by, trained by. What if they were all lies, too?

As much as her mind screamed at her to size him up, to circle him to get a good look at all his angles, she stood calmly, clutching her wrist a little too tight. She feigned a calm expression, and her intense red eyes fell upon him. Her mouth was clamped shut for the moment because despite everything, she wanted to use her very fangs to rip his face off, and give it to Axelle for a decoration for the wall in her shack.

Devious thoughts ran through Eire’s mind, but on the surface, her face was calm and emotionless. She tried to make it remain that way. Her eyes flickered up to Dove, and she found a little amusement in the woman’s discomfort.

what a nice way to call her Cpt. Obvious xDD

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 am

Word Count → 437 :: Going to go ahead and get you joined up and titled. Didn't get the message this had been replied to. So sorry for the wait.

He'd been told that Eire was dead, as were his other children wrought from a relation that he didn't even have concrete memories of. He knew what he had done only by the dreams that plagued him at night, memories that came back to him as subconscious thoughts, things he'd hidden from himself. It was a trauma quite like the one he'd experienced when losing his father, if not worse. He didn't know how to react at first to Dove's statement or sentiment, only knew inwardly that things were going to be different from here. At the moment, know one knew what he had done. The only individual he really needed to mention this to was Vesper. The problem lay in the idea of mentioning to her what he had done.

Basilio knew, without a doubt, upon looking at the woman standing at the other side of the borderline that she was his daughter. She had eyes similar to his, coloring that spoke volumes about her mother. A wolvish side that Basilio could see without even having to force himself to look for it. After all, the Lykoi blood was stained with wolf blood on more than one line. He couldn't simply allow himself to believe that he was full blooded, though that was exactly what he did. In his eyes, coyotes were always higher on the food chain than wolves and he had made a habit of treating the ones within Inferni with some semblance of respect only because they were members of the same pack.

He stole a glance toward Eire and then another to Dove before he sighed aloud and finally let his eyes steel upon his daughter. "I'm sorry, Dove. I can take it from here if you'd like to return. I'm afraid this is going to take a bit longer than the typical joining process." With a quick glance toward Dove, he gave her a quick reassuring smile before stepping over the border with the hybrid that was his daughter. "I'm Basilio Lykoi, one of Inferni's Bellators. You may not know what that means right away but I'm sure that with some time, you'll be more than knowledgeable about Inferni's customs." He crossed his arms, hoping to add some stature to himself. Before he went through with all this, he needed to know things that were essential to a loner joining Inferni.

"I need to know your strengths and skills, what you might be able to offer to Inferni if you're made a member of the pack. I assume that's why you're here. If that's not correct, feel free to say something."

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 am

Welcome to Inferni!

Ranks · Website · Wiki · News

Pride by Titmouse!
  • Ranks! Remember: Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information. The Rank Advancement page details how you can go about getting promoted! o:
  • What Else? Wondering what else to do? Check the website! We have games and baubles galore!
  • Confused? If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, please PM the pack leaders!
  • Want to get to know Inferni members and have a place to plot, ask questions, and generally goof around? You might be interested in our Inferni Discord Chat!
Inferni's Featured Adoptable Character!

Join the Coyotes
Inferni @ 'Souls Wiki

Inferni is a coyote-only clan first established in 2002. With a flexible hierarchy and tons of co-ranks, Inferni's ranking system and coyote culture are unique amongst 'Souls wolf packs. If you're interested in joining Inferni, we'd love to have you!

Inferni
OOC Account
Raze

Dead Topics