[M] Show me kindness twice

Sergio

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:50 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Word Count → 310 :: Out of Character text
Sneezing, his body jolted forward, throat and lungs burning as he gasped for breath, fighting to refill his lungs, exhaustion set deep in his bones, refusing to leave or even given him a moments reprieve from this never ending cold. Of course the rain really didn't do anything to help him, persisting for days on end, the drone of it splattering on the thin wooden roof long since dismissed to background noise.

His shelter was makeshift, barely a few planks over his head, keeping the worst of the downpour from him, yet doing nothing on the warmth front or protection from the wind. Eventually and he supposed inevitably, his tolerance of things wore thin, his few belongings tossed into a bag and over his shoulder, shoulders hunched as he headed out from his pathetic home for the last few days in hope of something better.

Sapient had given him shelter before, when a member, Trident, had found him injured and in a bad situation. Perhaps such kindness may be gifted to him again; it was better than sitting until his few planks and watching the rain at least – he longed for a fire and a solid shelter, a comfy bed and food to fill his stomach.

Maybe he'd been thinking this all along, for he wasn't far off the borders.

Reaching them after only several hours of dragging himself through the rain, he stopped, throwing his head back and calling for assistance, before curling back into himself, arms wrapped tightly around his scrawny self in an attempt to retain warmth.

Art by Remarin

Last edited by Ramoth Lykoi on Sat May 06, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The prophets are preaching
That the gods are needing praise

Kitty
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

(333)

Novus was a rank with limitations. He could not welcome a new member, for he, himself, was one. He could not make decisions for the pack, for he was not the head of it. Yet, patrolling the borders was something one Sergio Vega could do, so he did. Covered by an olive green hoodie, the dog sat atop his black mare, urging her quietly onwards as the rain darkened her jet coat. It, fortunately, was not thundering. The loud noise would have sent Chiquita skyrocketing off and left the dog clinging helplessly until she wore out. The Spring simply brought endless showers instead. Sergio felt awful for the sick, and tried his best to keep myself from succumbing to the disease himself. So far, so good despite his risky decisions to patrol while the rain poured.

Sergio shifted, turning the mare to begin the trek back go the stables when a call for assistance rung out nearby. It was close enough that he could make it over there in less than ten minutes... He eased Chiquita into a halt, and debated over the idea. Would it be stepping over the line the leaders had drawn to see what was wrong? It could be urgent, after all, and if he could help someone from dying on their borders... well, it seemed like a wise choice. He could at least hold the line until someone of proper rank arrived. His mind was made up then. With a firm nod, he twisted Chiquita back around towards the direction of the stranger's call. They made haste, only slowing when he spotted the scrawny, dark figure standing in wait. It was evident they were cold... and not one of theirs.

"Are you injured?" He asked, climbing down from his mount. Of course, Sergio was careful to keep the loner within the corner of his vision at all times. "These are Sapient's borders. I am Sergio Vega." Of no important rank, so he did not bother tagging it along.
how deep into the ground can one man dig a hole?
all your dreams of fame and fortune are all just nightmares haunting you
avatars are by nina, kitty & kattam | signature art is by chris

POSTED: Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Word Count → 345 :: Out of Character text
Gathering the material of his scratchy, hessian-like shirt, he watched in mild interest as a surprising amount of water was rung from it. Not that he really should be all that surprised, because for most of the way there he'd been painfully exposed to the weather, he few belongings protected by the leather satchel that encased him. Reflecting on his current situation, putting his clothes in here too would have been wiser, even if it would have made him significantly less presentable for Sapient.

Tilting his head up, he huffed out a breath, eyes closing as rain splattered across his face, the Lykoi male drifting off as he awaited for someone to come. Things were different this time, the border not where he recalled it being; if memory served him right, that put a greater distance between his present location and the Estate where everyone was situated.

“Troublesome,” grumbling under his breath, he padded always from the borders to the crude shelter of a tree, leaning there and waiting, resuming his nap like state of mind – daydreaming took him away from his reality, from the rain and discomfort that he was in. Standing there, he remained until the scents changed, until someone answered his call, a male unfamiliar to him in scent, sight and sound. With someone here to greet him, he stepped forward and awaited for the other to close in.

A new kid then, since he'd last been here.

“Eh, I was born like this. Pretty, ain't I?” waving a hand, he dismissed the others query over his physical state: he was under weight and never seemed to keep any on him. He was born this way and was aware he always looked a bit sickly: all bones and sharp angles, hollow stomach and scarred body.

“I'm looking for a member. Trident? Or anyone really who would be up to accepting a guest,” shrugging his shoulders, green eyes peered up to the dark features of the male before him, hands slumping into his pockets as he awaited a response.

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 06, 2017 7:13 pm

(327)

The loner stepped away from his leaned perch on a nearby tree, allowing some of the shadows to fall from his figure and Sergio to peer closer at him. Certainly not someone he knew, though this was of no surprise seeing as the Vega was new to the area in general—Sapien residents were perhaps the only faces he could call familiar and put a name to. The stranger brushed off Sergio's concern, much like the Sodalis would have done if he was in his shoes, too. But it reminded him of memories that long since left him; of his siblings in their thinned state and their optimistic outlooks. That was their life, their sense of normalcy when it should have been far from it.

Sergio frowned, covering the idle silence that followed the loner's nonchalant response with a brief snort.

"Sure, if you say so." Sergio deadpanned. An eyebrow arched as he gave the loner a casual once-over without hiding it. There was no denying the man could be a looker. Perhaps in better lighting the Vega could have admired it, but right now he was just a soaked man on Sapient's borders that looked skinny and need of a good meal. Sergio repressed the urge to usher him like a mother hen; complete with wrapping in blanket and giving him a warm meal. Instead, he crossed his arms over his chest, adjusting his weight so it rested primarily on his right leg.

Fortunately, Sergio didn't need to ask further why the man was here. The answer came without prompting; he was looking for a Sapien, specifically Trident. Well, heh, Sergio doesn't have any good news for him.

"Trident is no longer here," he paused and relaxed his arms so they were at his sides again. His grip on Chiquita's reins remained strong. "I don't know where he has gone either, but I might be able to help." Might being the key word here. "What's your name?"

POSTED: Sat May 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Word Count → 358 :: Out of Character text
Luck had never been his strong suit: truth be told her was sure that luck was a lady and he'd somehow scorned her in a past life, for there was nothing quite like a women scorned and boy did luck have it in for him. Whenever he thought he'd hit rock bottom and nothing else could go worse, it would always be just his luck that things magically managed to get that little bit more hellish.

It was practically a skill. Now if only he could find a way to advertise and sell it in a good light, he might actually benefit from it. Already he could picture his sales pitch, 'cured with persist misfortune. Having a bad day? Look at this guy and you'll suddenly feel better about yourself'. With the right marketing and audience, he could make a fortune from his misery – or so he at least liked to imagine, if only to distract away from just how truly pathetic a soul he really was.

“Nah, my mother used to tell me that. Plus she used to call me right special,” he responded in equal deadpan, snorting and folding his arms over his chest as he stared at the male, waiting for him to respond to the matters that really mattered here: like whether he could get out of this wretched rain and mooch off the pack for awhile.

“Ramoth Lykoi. And if by help, you mean let me out of this rain, then sure. All I've got is this beautiful body of mine to offer you in return,” purring the words with a grin upon his lips, he swaggered over the male, teeth flashing as he stared up at the other: he was scarred, scrawny, most likely covered in fleas and hideous – only someone truly desperate would look twice at him. He could only hope the male was awkward enough to feel uncomfortable with the proposition to offer him shelter for free to get out of this.

And if he took him up on his offer? Well, if he got food and a bed out of it, he'd deal with that.

Art by Remarin

Kitty
Luperci

POSTED: Sun May 07, 2017 1:38 pm

(432)

Oh, yeah. This guy sure was selling it. Amusement flickered in Sergio's warm brown eyes despite the overall restrained composure the Sodalis wore on his face. It was like he was bantering as a kid again, arguing with dry sarcasm over the smallest of things just for the sake of doing so instead of any true purpose. Sergio never knew why youth felt it necessary to be right all the time, but it was a phase he left in the dust with his Master's teachings ages ago. Now he felt a similar nagging feeling settle in his gut and he dare say he was actually enjoying this despite the circumstances.

"Right," he said with the quirk of an eyebrow and the temptation to roll his eyes. 'Nice to know your mamá liked you and you stroke your ego with it.' Whatever. His mother wasn't here to coo over her special little boy right now. Sergio could sit here teasing back and forth all day, but the rain would eventually soak him to the bone and he was pretty sure it's already done that with "Pretty Boy" here. Fortunately they were able to get right down to business once the dog asked his name. It was basic enough information. He knew Sapient was pretty relax in the ways of guests so long as they followed the pack's rules and didn't stir up trouble. Overall he didn't think Pretty Boy would cause much.

Though he was not expecting that kind of offer. Well. Sergio froze. Eyes roamed over Ramoth Lykoi with mild interest. Perhaps... Perhaps if he wasn't sick and needed to eat about a horse to gain some weight, Sergio would have no issue taking up the little deal right then and there. 'Is this a joke?' Shit, it may very well be. (When's the last time you got laid anyway, Sergio?) The Sodalis needed to play it cool even if it did take him off guard, especially with Ramoth stalking his way over.

"Yeah," he began, a shaky smirk curved halfway along his muzzle before it steadied. "Come on, 'pretty boy'. I'll let you stay with me, so long as you keep your nose out of trouble." Sergio jut his chin up and to the right of him in a vague gesture to follow him across Sapient's borders into her heart where the Estate laid. He would have mounted his horse and twirled Ramoth up with him to make the journey that much sooner, but he wasn't alright with the loner touching him just yet. They'll both have to deal with walking.

Dead Topics