Holy Contraptions

Anyone Welcome, Chapel

POSTED: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:21 am

885 +5 OOC — Originally set for the 24th but changed to the 7th for the lovely Sie. The Chapel, front row seats. Patient, young Basilio Lykoi sits silently in wait for an adult to come about to explain scripture to him. Any adult who knows how to read is welcome. :)

I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing.
Just Prayin' to a God that I barely believe in.

Ever since he'd learned how to read, he'd studied the bible, a book of great truths and the Almighty god that it was all about. Today he'd come upon a scripture that he could barely believe, a story about a young man named David who had gone against a giant. At first sight, he thought that maybe he'd gone back in time or something like that and David was actually a name for himself, though as he studied further into the book, he'd come across several different passages that said David had eventually become a king. For someone so small, who had defeated a giant, David had actually turned out great. While this was a relief for the youth, he still didn't believe that the bible had given the whole story. He needed solace in learning its truths and there was no better place in the mansion to study up on it then the chapel down stairs. His father, as he knew, had taken refuge within the chapel several times in the past week, as did the other wolf, the one he'd met in the hallway that day. Now, as he looked onward, the bible closed and tucked beneath one of his arms so that he could walk freely down the hallway, he felt the first pain from his newly gifted Lykoi Chaos star, right upon his sternum, almost like his great something or another grandmother Kae. She'd been ecstatic when he'd chosen the position of his branding and though it had hurt like hell, he hadn't exactly squirmed like he should have. He didn't really know what he'd expected when going to get it, but it was definitely not what he'd gotten when it finally came time for it to happen. Like the typical Lykoi marking, it had colored red, even though it wasn't fully healed and almost at the same time, his father had taken it upon himself to give him a room all to himself. He couldn't wait to tell Loki, to have his best friend over for sleep overs and even to teach his friend about the bible as he'd tried several different times. He wandered freely from his room, parting the door with his new opposable thumbs with utter ease.

Unlike most days where he would have taken the time to look about or even explore the mansion more, Basilio did neither, intensely focused on moving quickly through the hallways till he'd finally reached the staircase. At the bottom, he could see fresh dust that would later need to be cleaned up, yet for now, the paw tracks were a guide line which led straight to the chapel and that's where he wanted to go. He eagerly padded his way to the bottom, silent steps over the non-creaking wood. It was simple enough getting there, pushing the doors open, moving to the first row of seats. But now came the hard part. Waiting for someone who could explain this to him to come around. And one of the only people he knew who could possibly do this was his father, Helotes. He was sure though, that one of the other adults who knew how to read would be able to do so. Especially if it involved his faith. After all, the young Basilio might still be a puppy, but he believed in the bible readily and was often ready to defend its reputation. While earlier he might have blasphemed once or twice, he'd managed to come across the scripture that said it was wrong to do and he'd repented in a good manner. By helping to do chores when he needed to, even though every bone in his body felt the desire to get out and explore more. Get into mischief like his sister, like Loki and Ananse. While his attention span was caught somewhere between fairy land and the real world, he'd barely noticed the scent of other canines near by. And even if it had been family, he might not have even cared, considering there were no dangers within the mansion that he would not know about, other then snakes or spiders or even those nasty rats that he sometimes observed in the lower sections of the mansion. And he hadn't, of course, ever seen a snake inside the mansion itself, but he had seen one once outside curling in the grass. He'd thought it odd for such a weird looking snake to be about and though he'd been told to stay away from it, he'd eventually gone up close only to find that it was called a garter snake. He believed the coyote that had told him so was named Dusk, though he could have most definitely been wrong about that. After all, he tended to forget the names of adults who didn't really say much to him in his every day life.

Almost as quickly as the thought had come upon him did his fingers rise to touch at the blistered, bubbled flesh at his sternum, still stinging.. he'd need to find Aunt Vesper or maybe Aunt Vesper's friend, Myrika to help him find something to help it. Maybe they had something that could at least take away the sting he often felt. Something that would keep it there, but take some of the pain away.

Last edited by Basilio Lykoi on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am

553 -rudely comes in demands date changed because sie is made of RUDE- lol jk. :) changing to 7 February, if that's okay date?

See galleries for credit.

Myrika did not need Ithiel beside her to know what he would have urged. He would have told her to ask forgiveness of God -- and she might have nodded and agreed politely, but the tawny-hued woman had never had the heart to tell her cousin that she did not believe in this same idea. She recognized the book he'd read from as stories -- meant to entertain, meant to teach a lesson. They were not intended to be factual -- yet neither did she want to offend her cousin's beliefs. So the secret had remained, though it was not a very hefty one for Myrika to carry.

Just now, though -- she was feeling in need of contrition. She had never prayed before in her life and did not know what it entailed -- but perhaps she might appeal to this idea of a deity in the hopes that her puppies came out... alright. She did not even intend to ask for intelligent, pretty, and happy children -- just whole, healthy ones. Cirael's words echoed in her head in a constant low loop; they never truly left her. It was with them the woman walked toward the D'Neville. It was early enough in the day she was unlikely to be disturbed -- she was not certain how the rest of Inferni would receive the news of her pregnancy and the knowledge it must bring. All who knew a thing about her must know what she'd done to Vesper.

The tawny hybrid was almost thwarted by the doors of the mansion until she circled around to the rear of the house and leaned her paws against one of the last intact kitchen windows. The rest had been boarded up some time ago, but this one still had glass. She saw Maddox and smiled at the woman uncertainly. I don't have paws, she explained, and the golden-hued coyote nodded, shuffling out of the kitchen and toward the rear door. The cook looked down at her with a shrewed glance and stepped aside.

If you want food, you come get it later. I got more of those clam things, she said, smiling now that she was speaking about cooking -- and pointedly ignoring the subject of Myrika's pregnancy. It was possible, even, Maddox did not know -- she did spend most of her time around the mansion, tending to repairs, cooking, and caring for the horses.

The tawny hybrid murmured her thanks and moved along toward the chapel. She had visited but once, when its construction was completed, and found it a dreary place. Stepping inside now, though, it was peaceful, calm -- and occupied. Too late, her eyes fell on the small figure seated in the first pew. She hesitated a moment before recognizing Basilio. Myrika had met him when he was called Chico, but had seen little of him -- perhaps due to duty in the first few months of his life, and now due to Myrika's present situation.

He must have heard her enter -- the tawny hybrid took a step back. I'm sorry, she said, whispering. It felt like a place for whispers, and she did not feel very capable of projecting a strong voice anyway. I didn't know you were in here. I can wait, she said, making to retreat.

Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 am

605 +5 OOC — It's a Sie! :D <3

Masquerading as a man with a reason,
My charade is the event of the season

The young Lykoi knew well in advance that someone was on their way to the chapel. Call it pup intuition or even a enraptured set of senses or whatever you could. Getting into the bible was easy. He always found that he felt more freedom after reading it despite the fact that often, people stopped reading it because it enforced more laws upon others. He shifted uneasily in place for a moment, his fingers curling at the brittle pages. He probably shouldn't have grabbed the bible in he first place when waking up this morning. He had work to do, training to work on.

Becoming one of the Sagitarii had put things into perspective for his future. While becoming a warrior, he felt it his birthright to be able to study his religion, one that he'd picked up from his father, no doubt, who was extremely loyal to his studies these days. As his hair, darkened grey, fell into his eyes, he quickly blew up with a slight curl of his dark lips to part it from his eyes. It just kept coming back regardless. He was indeed his father's son. But the steps behind him had grown heavier, more pronounced. His head turned before she'd even come in, but once she did, he immediately recognized her despite the fact that he'd rarely seen her around. She was Aunt Vesper's friend. Also close to his father. That was enough for him to smile one of his most charming smiles toward her as she slowly began to notice him and who he was.

Her voice, little more then a whisper, made it hard to hear what she'd had to say, but the hybrid pup quickly utilized her silence to his own gain with a quick raising of the bible. And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up. A smile lit up upon his face this time, unlike the last that had graced his lips. The words he spoke were directly from the bible itself, while he couldn't yet memorize it all, he'd chosen this verse simply because he'd liked the sound of it.

There was no need to open the bible in this manner when he knew what it said and more then that, his questions were about the bible and if any adult could explain it, he was sure one of the leaders could. Please don't go. I need some help anyway. And -- if you'd like -- I could pray with you.

He wasn't sure that was the reason she had come, but it was close enough in his opinion that it needed to be voiced. What adult would come to a chapel if they weren't going to either prey or study? He didn't see any bibles around, but was sure that some could pop up if one or both of them needed one. As if struggling to catch the verse he'd memorized about prayer, he turned completely around in his seat, perching himself with the use of his knees, his hands still holding the bible before him.

Erm.. umm... This one is 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. With a slight pause to what he was saying, the youth glanced toward 'Rika again and slightly tilted his head.

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 am

375 IDK if "psalm" is the right word for the last bit? and to think, i was raised catholic. >__>

Perhaps it was a stupid idea to have come to the mansion and the chapel in the first place. She was no believer and this was not her place: she degraded and disgraced it with her mere presence. Looking at the severe figure of the cross on the wall, Myrika thought -- knew, maybe -- this was no place to come for comforting, especially not one such as herself. There was only sternness and harshness in that book, in the prayers.

She stopped her retreat when the younger canine held up the book and spoke, her feet frozen in place. He spoke, but they were not his words -- they were words even she had trouble wrapping her head around. Were it her first time hearing them, she might not have understood at all. But Ezekiel and then Ithiel had insisted on her reading the bible; Willam thereafter had given her one such.

The tawny coyote hesitated, feeling like a ghost floating through an old hallway, suddenly recognized by the living. Basilio was the product of a similar sort of union, and he was small and imperfect -- yet she could not say it was as a result of the blood his parents had shared. Zana was small, too, and her mother and father had not been related, to anyone's knowledge.

Okay, the woman said, her voice just a bit louder than it had been a moment ago. I'll help, she said. But I don't have hands and I can't get any right now -- you'll have to do the reading. She didn't expect for Basilio or any of the other younger coyotes of Inferni to understand or care what had happened between Vesper. If there was some good in the world, the adults would shield them from all of that. She took a few hesitant steps up and sat beside the pew. Her ears folded with his appropriate choice of psalm; she wondered if he was aware that she had something to confess.

Who do we confess to? the tawny woman asked, all too aware her help was less likely to be the sort Basilio was looking for. Ithiel would have been better, or even Vesper. Myrika was too cold for such things.

Myrika Tears

Sie
Luperci Chaos Star And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again.
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 am

696 +5 OOC — x) Dun't think it is Psalms. <.< Not really all that religious. But I know my way around the book. :)

Know that I will never marry,
Baby I'm just soggy from the Chemo

Basilio was only a pup. What did he know about what went on in an adult's mind? Little to nothing, really. His experience was little more then reading and no action. But honestly, that didn't stop him from trying his best. Just because he was a pygmy like his mother, others had looked down on him, at least some, anyways. He often didn't let it get to him so he was unsure of why the thought had come to his mind so quickly, so soon. With a slightly glance over Myrika, the young pup felt pride. She was one of the leaders of the pack and that was enough for him.

She stopped when he suddenly held the bible up and began speaking, watching and listening silently to everything he had to say. though his words held meaning, he could have even been unsure of himself and what he truly had to say, considering most of what came from his lips were directly from the book that he now held up for Myrika to see. 'Chico', as they used to call him, shifted in place under her stare, unsure of what she was thinking.

But then she seemed to hesitate. Why? Basilio didn't know. Maybe his words had gotten to her. Maybe she could understand that Basilio had caught on that maybe her actions were a facade for her coming her to pray. He was unsure, but regardless held an air that seemed taller, more giant then pygmy. Dwarfism as some people had called it was not all that natural and the fact that it was very likely he'd never find a mate due to his disability had never seemed to cross his mind. Perhaps only because he was too young to fully grasp the concept of mating or even a relationship.

She finally spoke and when she did, he could actually hear her! That was a good sign, more then any. But a soft grin caressed over his lips with her explanation. He didn't understand why she didn't just shift. He was unsure of why she was in her lupus when she could have just as easily gone into any other form. She was an adult after all and she seemed to have the same issue that young Loki did. His eyebrows kneaded together out of thin curiosity but he didn't speak. Shouldn't have spoken a word. Eventually, though, she took a few hesitant steps toward him and lay beside the pew, causing him to turn in his perch to face her.

That's easy. You confess your sins to God. He's pretty mercipul so should understand what you mean even if you can't bring yourself to say it. But confession isn't the only way to go about being forgiven. There's also repentance. His words seemed to have a chord within himself. Basilio was a firm believer in the bible and weeks ago, he'd come across a piece of scripture, not exactly his usual piece of reading, that determined that confessing wasn't the whole truth. But he could tell, thanks to her question, that she had something to confess. Not to mention she had come in here in the first place. Why would an adult do that if they already pretty much had their life in order? Now he could see what he needed to do. His own issues could wait, his own questions could as well. Hers were both more interesting and more needy then his.

Do you have something to confess? He asked with a soft tilt of his head, dark grey hair falling over his eyes to give him a more mature look. I'm good at keeping secrets. Plus I'm a good listener. Basilio was a charmer. No one could take that from him. Not only did he lay it on thick with silken, chocolatey words, but he pulled it off with a style very much like his father's and with that very charming smile of his. There's a cool bible verse.. I can't remember it all, but I know it said something about being like a child. And we all tell each other secrets when you adults aren't looking. Be like us.

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am

385 I only really know revelations because dat shit is straight trippy. >_> Also I re-read it when I picked up Ithiel, whee!

The tawny coyote was vaguely relieved at the younger one's words. Confessing to someone else was hard enough, but this God -- if he listened, he could not tell anyone else about it, could he? All the praying she knew of was silent and done alone: Ithiel had never spoken with his God before her. She had asked him about prayer once, and he'd stiffened. It's something you do alone, without anyone else standing watch over you, where I'm from. A gruffer answer than she'd expected, but she'd learned not to pry after that particular aspect of his faith after that.

It sounded easy, and so she nodded, but she was uncertain what good it would do. Anything easy could not erase the splotch against her honor. It had been an easy act to commit, of course, but the fallout? The rest of it? It was not so easy, not so easy at all. If she confessed and asked for forgiveness, too, would she need to confess and ask forgiveness for all? The tawny hybrid balked at that, for she did not think all she'd done required forgiving. Maybe what she'd done with Cirael, but to Cirael, after the fact -- Myrika would not ask forgiveness for that. She did not want it.

When Basilio spoke again, Myrika's mouth twitched, but she forced the expression to blossom into a smile. It was a sad thing, no beaming bright grin like she would have given only weeks ago -- but it was something. Keeping herself composed after this was a trial by battle, and she would emerge victorious and never wonder again at her ability to keep her face together when faced with something unpleasant. She was no master of trickery, though, and so her expression did not precisely match reality. Her smiles were smaller and sadder.

It's okay, she said. I'll -- try confessing, but I'd like to do it to him. She glanced toward the cross, knowing that was where one directed one's prayers. The pews faced that way, as had Basilio. I'd like to hear your verse, though, and any others. She paused, hesitating as she looked back toward the cross. Are there -- verses about what happens when you're -- disloyal? she wondered.

Myrika Tears

Sie
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am

Form :: Lupus/Secui/(Optime)

He listened silently, almost as much as he spoke, to be honest. What little bit he did know came in handy with a situation like this, and there was scripture in the bible that mentioned that he should spread world of his religion to others less fortunate. And Myrika, at the moment, seemed to embody the statement even if just slightly. He shifted for a moment, watching her in idle wonder. He really did want to know what being a leader was like. Even if he might never have it. Regardless, his words seemed to be good enough and though he didn't have the answer for everything, she seemed to ask the ones that he did, indeed, know.

He could have been a scholar, or at least gone in that direction, but being like Loki, he couldn't let his friend have all the trouble. Forgiveness was about the only thing people craved for when doing wrong in battle or even in their every day lives. It worked side in side with guilt to make a surprising cocktail that often drove some to the edge or limit. Myrika, once again, had gone silent as he spoke and waited for her to speak again. His eyes trailed back to the ground, his tail waving silently in the air right beside him. She'd speak in her own time if he just let her think. After all, some times father was the same way about this type of thing.

He was always observant and that's what gave him sight of the smile twitch that had branched off into a smile just a few short moments later. But he could tell that she didn't mean it when the smile didn't reach her eyes, causing him to slightly frown even as he observed her body language. She was really sad and he could clearly see that in everything she said and did. It made him want to shift and snuggle with her till she felt better. After all, puppy loving always pulled adults out of their funk. He could tell that her emotions were easily able to get out and for a moment he considered his own emotional response to things. Such as his ability to get angry even with the slightest chance of his height being taken advantage of.

'It's okay' he heard, 'I'll try confessing...' He was shocked at first that she was going to tell him, but then she continued her words and a small grin spread over his lips. He was definitely Helote's son. With that charming smile and a more then honest expression, the youth found himself looking at the cross again before considering his options on his own scripture. He still wanted to ask questions and here was an adult more then willing to listen to him both read and more then that, learn from the books. "I believe that you chose rightly. I wouldn't want to confess to a pup either. We're all so mischievous and all." He couldn't help that toothy grin. "Verses about disloyalty? The bible's all about disloyalty. There's deception of the worst kind and even in the new testament, there's verses involving disloyalty with Jedas, who betrays Jesus." His words came out wrong, marred by the brief time he'd had to memorize the names.

((550 +5)) Revelations was my favorite book. <.< Mostly cause I liked trying to decipher its various meanings.
Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:04 am

-- I would say mine, too. I love the visuals. x_x But I don't know the rest of it well enough to say -- meant to re-read in its entirety a few years ago, got a really nice copy from my dad, but I never got around to it. I am not good at reading actual books. D:

Perhaps everything would have been easier if she wasn't a leader. Myrika felt in some part her shame reflected back on Inferni; surely the proud woman of Salsola did no misdeeds on the scale Myrika had. The tawny-furred woman had met the alpha of the Dawn pack once, and she didn't think him capable of such, either. The same could be said for both of the Cavalierians that had visited her. Myrika did not know what she'd do if the word spread around to the other packs and imagined it would be disastrous for Inferni. She was not, therefore, eager to share such herself -- though she was certain such word would eventually spread in some way or another.

It was something else, too -- several something elses. Basilio was of the same sort of union that had created her children, for one thing, and -- the reason she wanted to believe was the strongest of them all, the reason she was willing to speak: Some heavy things shouldn't be carried by puppies. She was gentle, and the smile that touched her lips was genuine. He was innocent, much as her kinchin were innocent. I remember that one. Something about silver coin. She understood the function of currency to some small extent, at least as well as Luperci could, but still questioned its purpose and did not understand the ideal behind it. The tawny woman was troubled; her ears flicked back. Didn't he -- die? She could not remember the whole of the story.

Myrika Tears

Sie
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

POSTED: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:01 am

Basilio will likely get into his own bible verse in a moment. :P He's just being long winded cause he hasn't spent much time with Myrika and wants to impress her!
Basilio Lykoi

While Basilio knew next to nothing about being a leader, he had at one point thought about it and how it could change someone. There was lots of things that needed to be done and maybe, just maybe, the grown up who stood near him was going through a trouble that he couldn't understand. It was something he hadn't thought of before, something he probably couldn't think about right now. At least not with understanding it. He shifted in his seat, the desire to shift and join her in her lupus near impossible to ignore. Yet, he did well enough. He still sometimes felt the need to be small again, even though he was small by most standards in this form. Even if only just a small bit.

After several moments of thinking things over, he wrinkled his nose slightly and without a sound, turned around to completely face the adult. It didn't take long for her to speak right there after though it wasn't the words he wanted to hear. After all, he was curious. How could he not be? She was their leader and someone to be respected. And he didn't know what was going on. The smile that graced over her lips was genuine this time, gentle and honest. And the words that had come before it had been true. There were lots of things pups couldn't be told and maybe this was one of them, but little Basilio didn't want to hear that. He wanted to hear the juicy details of whatever it was that plagued their leader so.

"Some things can only be carried by puppies, though. Like my... size," he began, only to pause, shake his head, then smile for a moment as she registered his story. "Mhm. Judas.. Oh, yeah. That's his name." He reached a paw up to slap at his forehead in mock dismay before finally returning back to the conversation at hand. "Judas betray his honor by giving Jesus up to the Romans and in return, got 30 -- or so silver coins." Then, though, his words seemed to trouble her again before Basilio found his own ears shrinking back against his head, grey hair clinging to his face to blow over his eyes. He'd forgotten about that. "He did. But he did so out of his own guilt for doing so. Some say that he was the most loyal of Jesus' servants, mostly because he felt the most guilt over what had happened. He gave back the silver pieces, or at least tried and repented. Though he died, he was forgiven. When Jesus died, there was a thief and a murderer on the cross. Both atoned for their sins and were forgiven, but both had dishonored themselves and stepped away from god."

He paused. Most of what he was saying were simply things he'd over heard his father saying to others. He hadn't counted on having to use them so fast, but perhaps it was for the better that he did. It was a learning experience. "But you see, both were forgiven. I think if you were to confess to god and repent, then you'd be forgiven. Then all that's left is forgiving yourself."

Image by Puppiesofpurgatory CC-BY-NC-SA 2.0 WC: 535 +5
Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci Chaos Star icon
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:40 am

375 works! he is adorable 8B

A better coyote than Myrika herself really would have held the spoken reason as their truth, she knew. Children weren't meant to hear stories of betrayal and sex, and maybe Basilio wouldn't even understand why she and Vesper were together to begin with, and all of the attached hurt and treacherous ground that came with such a conversation. She didn't want any of that, that much was true, but more than the moral reason, Myrika did not want to spread her shame and guilt. The tawny-hued woman did not want to share that with Basilio, nor shame him with the worries she had over her shared blood with the father. Perhaps this last was a noble reason, but Myrika didn't really think so -- it wasn't for any want of protecting him, but in wanting to avoid the subject.

The tawny-hued woman followed the smaller coyote's movements, giving a small smile when he slapped at his forehead. As she listened, the hybrid realized the forgiveness did indeed come in the afterlife. Perhaps it might have been given in life, had the Judas character asked for it, but he had been consumed by his guilt. Myrika didn't want to go down that road -- it was not a thing she was willing to even begin considering. There were too many reasons to live. This hurt, but she had Vesper. If she didn't? Maybe. Even then, there were the innocents to consider.

Her ears twitched when he spoke of forgiving the self, but they didn't fold backwards. There was the catch, after all. The tawny woman gave another smile and nodded to show her understanding. I will do that, she promised. Thank you. She would, but it wouldn't do her any good. She didn't really think anyone was listening, for one thing, and even if there was and she received forgiveness in that way, it wouldn't help her forgive herself. She wouldn't say all of that to Basilio, though, and instead nodded toward his book. You said you needed help, though? Shouldn't sit here just talking about me. It was delivered lightly, and with a smile, though Myrika felt no lightness in her.

Myrika Tears

Sie
the gunslinger's lament
Rota Vitae
the mask & the marrow

Dead Topics