[m] going out to hunt, and then to feast

p. Virue | D'Neville Mansion

POSTED: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:34 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

LET OUT THE BEAST
STEP RIGHT UP AND BE A PART OF THE ACTION. GET YOUR GAME FACE ON BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO PLAY. YOU'RE PUSHING AND FIGHTING YOUR WAY. YOU'RE RIPPING IT UP.

When something angered Izual, there was little that would stop him on his warpath. Except this time, it wasn’t quite a warpath, but more like a vicious act of trickery – very similar to the kind he had performed on Basilio way back when the small man had announced he was taking his Crucifix as his mate. Perhaps this perfect act of vicious trickery was Izual’s way of rebelling.

Blood dripped from the severed doe head he carried low at his side. The fresh blood that leaked from the cranium drizzled down his left leg, causing red streaks to run down to his foot. He didn’t seem to notice this, though, as blood often decorated his coat. Into the caves he went, with a seemingly bloody treat – only it wasn’t for him and it wasn’t for anyone to eat - it was to paint the rock walls a brilliant red.

Who was the lucky sucker getting a renovation?

Virue.

With a malicious grin, Izual stole into his small den, pulling at the veins and organs in the head, harvesting more blood to drizzle over Virue’s floor, his ratty rug, and splash what little he could on the walls. The scents in the cave were faint, telling him that the hybrid hadn’t been in there for some time. Good. It would be enough time to finish what Izual had come to do, and leave.

As the Massacre man walked around the cave, dipping his bloodied hand into the severed head and smearing what blood was left onto the cave walls, he stopped seeing a strange etching into the lower rocks below. On a flat surface on the cave wall was harsh lettering – that much Izual could tell – scratched into the rock. Dipping his hand into the neck of the animal, he attempted to shove as much caked blood and meat into the scratches as possible. Virue would have to lick it clean to keep his den from smelling like rotting flesh.

In the corner were the pale pages of something interesting. He could sense it.

He threw the head onto Virue’s pristine sleeping rug, and zeroed in on a neat pile of papers in the corner. He lifted the pages and scrutinized them with narrowed orange eyes. Izual couldn’t read, but he knew what words looked like when he saw them. The letters were valued – that much was obvious – and up until this point, they were in good condition. Roughly, Izual folded them against his stained palm, and left the cave.

ooc text here. (400+)

I looked through your frame
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 am

OOC:

Why does Virue always get into it with huge dudes lol

[300+]

IC:

That particular day had warranted him a break from the brunt of his knee problems, so he took the opportunity to go for a run. Around the territory he went, talking to those he knew, and he'd even found it within himself to catch lunch, but as time ticked down he felt the need for a midday nap.

Imagine his surprise, when he stepped inside to find the walls and floors gored. He walked in anyway, his feet padding along the wet floor despite the tremendous amount of fear he felt inside. His eyes settled on the elk head, the centerpiece of it all like the insult that it was—to his home, to his privacy. It was a sudden, brazen intrusion to his life that was unwelcomed, and immensely disturbing. It couldn't have been anyone other than Izual. There was no one more capable of such a grotesque display.

He saw the empty place where his mother's letters had once been, and he almost began to cry, but something stopped him. Something more adult replaced his sadness, and he couldn't decide whether he felt frustration or spite for what Izual had done. Blood on the walls? On his bed? In the very words he had scratched? This was all superficial, and with due time it would all leave him like a pestilence or a daytime sickness. But taking the letters his mother had written with Nicola wasn't a joke. This was something of extreme personal value.

At first Virue debated on telling someone, but he knew it would be the end of his letters, so he set himself out into the territory. It was easy to find the slight blood trail, leading off into the direction of the mansion, and soon Virue didn't need the crimson trail as it faded off while the foliage thickened. The mansion came into sight, and he hurried through the gate, and without anything but a hunch made his way to the pond where Izual had attacked his cousin. There the vile man was, lounging in the grass ever-so comfortable, the letters out for Virue to see, to torture him no doubt. “Wh-why?” Was all the boy said, his brittle voice trying it's best to carry some form of choler. Although Virue knew it would take more than a tone to put Izual on edge.
gotta gotta be down because I want it all

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:42 pm

LET OUT THE BEAST
STEP RIGHT UP AND BE A PART OF THE ACTION. GET YOUR GAME FACE ON BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO PLAY. YOU'RE PUSHING AND FIGHTING YOUR WAY. YOU'RE RIPPING IT UP.

He had taken them to his favorite spot – the pond behind the mansion. With the bloodied letters in his bloody hands, Izual reclined in the backyard, leaning with his back against a tree, holding a letter up to his face while he held the others between his crossed thighs. Even though he couldn’t read, Izual tried to pick out words and letters that he understood if not only to quell his boredom as he waited. He knew it would only be a matter of time, and the Massacre beast was patient if he wasn’t anything else. He would wait and assume this position for however long it took.

Patience really was a virtue, and soon enough, the wimpy dog came upon him. Moving the letter out of his view, Izual took in Virue’s strained body language and the choke in his voice. Why? Well, that was a good question wasn’t it? Why? Why would Izual do something like this? Why would one interrupt a fight?

Why would anyone confront Izual in their right mind?

Why wasn’t Izual nicer to his pack mates?

Why did the butterflies disappear in the wintertime?

”Sweet letters you’ve got here, Virue,” he purred, flicking the page in his hand with a long claw. ”Beautiful writing. Who are they from?” Obviously, he ignored the hybrid’s condition, ignored the idea that he had been doing anything wrong.

ooc text here (200+)

Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:05 am

OOC:

OOC here

[500+]

IC:

Virue couldn’t help but feel like he was on the losing end of the entire situation. He couldn’t fight Izual, as there was nothing left in him besides hurt. There was simply no fight left in him. It’s not like he understood violence anyway, it was much too normal for him to ever hope to decipher. It really only came to him when he needed to be something he wasn’t, and even then he barely stacked against anyone bigger than him iin a fight. Innocence was easily lost for most others — but not Virue. He kept his innocence, and his storied childhood like a mystery he was constantly trying to unravel along with the rest of his life. The world was cruel so they say, but did they ever mention it was because of beings like the Massacre man before him? Maybe the world wasn’t to blame. Either way, the boy knew what was going to happen to his mother’s letters. He was on Izual’s terms now, playing his game — and the rules — well, rules didn’t have to be sensible when they are scrawled in the shadow of a maniac.

Virue’s thoughts went white with dread, all the while trying not to pay too much attention to the letters he desperately wanted returned to the safety of his den. Izual’s claws were crumpling the paper, shifting over the words his mother had left for him as if it was nothing but a medium for revenge. It hurt Virue that he was so easy to attack, so very easy to have at the mercy of anyone who wandered into his den and happened upon the only items of personal value he owned. What bothered him most, however, was that Izual couldn’t see what he was doing; that he couldn’t see the irrationality of his actions, or the fact that he could solve his problems with reason. No, this man was bent on doing whatever he wanted without a shred of morality guiding him on his way.

He had to strong, after everything, wasn’t he used to losing by now? “Remem - remember the man you al-almost drowned the other day? He wrote those.” Virue told him truthfully, although he withheld the fact that the letters were in fact written in his mother’s words, as she was incapable of writing herself. The next thing that came to Virue’s mind was suicide: “Izual, what makes you d-do the things you do?” He asked, like a child asking an adult a pivotal life question; the kind that might one day create a man or a machine. But Virue already knew who he was, the question was — did Izual? He shifted his feet like a tree that was being threatened of an uprooting by a brewing storm. He reiterated. "Why do y-you enjoy killing things," he paused for a lengthy moment that wasn't lengthy enough, "and spr-spread blood a-all over my home? A-and N-Nicola? Y-your face.." He drifted off, shaking his head slightly. His eyes were pale and run-down with some sort of child-like confusion, but he stood as tall as he could with as much bravery as he could muster. Adult to adult. Lost man, to murderer.

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

LET OUT THE BEAST

Smirking past the blood-streaked paper, Izual lowered the letter to his lap. ”You know, Virue, I liked you. I really did… You’re a coward and a wimp, but I was willing to look past your flaws to tolerate you. But you can’t even do that for me.” He spoke in a way that suggested Virue’s life would somehow end, right here, right now. Instead of the letters sopping up all the water in the pond, perhaps it would be Virue to become one with the pond today.

”Why do you enjoy reading?” he echoed back, as if it were one hobby to another. The normal answer would be something like for enjoyment or it takes me out of my head for a while. Well, it was the same for Izual, too. He enjoyed it and it took him out of his head for a while. ”Or whining?”

”You know… maybe I wouldn’t have had to redecorate your room… or destroy your letters if you learned to fuck off and mind your own business… especially the other day.”

Taking up one of the pages in his hand, he crinkled it into a tight paper ball. ”The more attention drawn to me, the worse I look in the eyes of our higher ups. You don’t want me to end up like Messiah, now do you?” Then he threw it into the pond. The crinkled ball landed somewhere in the middle, the wind making it float further away from the two of them, while the pages took up the water fast. Izual thought of the time when he experienced Messiah's exile. Messiah had died, though not by Vesper's jaws. Izual wondered if Vesper would kill him for his crimes, or just chase him out. Perhaps Virue's goal was to turn him in to the Legatus. ”Or maybe you do,” he said, slowly unfolding another page from the pile.

ooc text here (300+)

Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 am

OOC:

[500+]

IC:

He didn’t whine all that much, did he? Maybe he asked too many questions, or laughed when he shouldn’t — maybe all he really was, was a kid, pretending to be something he wasn’t. Perhaps it was this very innate part of him that pressed on when things became tough, or impossible for that matter. There was something about losing over and over again that Izual could never understand. The fact was, Virue was used to being the loser. He was born the loser; and he would continue being the loser as long as he could enjoy his life on his own terms.

That same lost look on his face before remained, hanging in his eyes like a somber mist. His ears wiggled, and his tail swished once, and once only. “I d-did it because I care a-about my cousin, Izual.” He searched Izual’s frightening face, and Virue found the compassion to feel sorry for him. “Haven’t you ever c-cared about anything — about any-anyone like th-that before?” His voice was soft and timid, but dared Izual to think about a notion such as love for just one moment in his wondrous life of inflicting pain and suffering upon others.

The boy didn’t know who Messiah was, or his significance to the conversation, but Virue could guess quite accurately. Then his mother’s writing was crumpled like it was nothing, and tossed into the water. He felt his emotions coming to him, and Virue really did feel like he was about to break down and cry in front of Izual. But Izual would enjoy that too much. For whatever reason, that one crumpled ball in the pond represented all the letters in his mind — he just knew that Izual wouldn’t stop until he had crushed him. He had never dealt with the likes of Virue before. Virue was something very different — vulnerable — but also sturdy in his vulnerability. “I don’t w-want you to end up l-like anyone.” A breeze pushed against him, and he noticed a leopard frog hopping across the grass. Oh, how he wished he could be that frog instead of the vulnerable thing he was now, standing in front of a maniac. Virue looked up, preparing to play with fire like a fool. “I think you’ll condemn y-yourself to wh-whatever you deserve.” He told him staunchly. Then he smiled at Izual, patiently, quietly, like a friend might smile to another. “Throw th-them all in the p-pond if it makes you h-happy. I don’t n-need them, anyway. I kn-know what mom would have s-said in them anyway.” He chuckled slightly, briefly forgetting about whose presence he was in. “Don’t st-step on any beehives, Virue,” he mimed after his mother, “don’t say too little, but don’t say too much, Virue.” She had always been full of advice like that. Maybe the inexplicable mother’s intuition was working now, and seemingly in another universe she had just uttered his advice to him in this very moment. “Run,” she had probably said, but something kept him rooted in place, thinking of his mom and the silly things he had done in his childhood before running off to jump off a cliff. Even that part was comical too somehow.

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 am

LET OUT THE BEAST

Izual thought long and hard about Virue’s question – for all of about ten seconds – before answering with a final, ”Mmm, nope.” Though, that was kind of a lie. He did care for his brother, Belial, when they were murder buddies. Nobody messed with his weaker, little bro. Nobody fucked with him except for Izual.

The emotion flooded for the weaker canine’s eyes, but his body remained tense and instead of running over to try and stop Izual with his teeth again, he seemed to let fear do all the acting. He had remained, rooted to the spot as if he were a 100-year-old tree. ”Oh, so you do think I deserve punishment. That’s fine, Virue. I see how much you care for your fellow pack mates.” He twisted his words around with ease. Nothing Virue said to him now would be taken without a twist.

”You don’t care? Good. Neither do I,” he answered shortly, taking the whole pack of the letters and flinging them into the lake. He heard the plop, but didn’t bother to turn around. They fell into a shallower part of the pond, but Virue would have to pass Izual if he wanted to fetch them before it was too late. Izual still had one in his hands. ”They were boring anyway.”

”Wow, your mom sounds like a real complainer. Mine was, too, only she didn’t nag with her voice, she liked to do it with her claws. You know I really hope that whore’s dead, now that I think of it…” The relationship between Izual and his mother had always been a complicated one. At a young age, he became fascinated with watching his wounds bleed only because… well, he was bleeding all the time.

Eventually, he would make others in the world bleed, and sit there watching it trickle into the grass as if watching his pups leave the den for the first time.

ugh he is a horrible person lol (300+)

Last edited by Izual Massacre on Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

POSTED: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:24 pm

OOC:

This took me so long *is sorry*

[400+]

IC:

“If th-that's...what you believe you deserve, Izual,” the boy said. He was really beginning to question why he was speaking at this point. “but everyone deserves chances.” He added.

Then Izual brought a personal part of him into the light openly, for Virue to observe. Izual’s horrible upbringing was met with empathy; he wasn't the only one to have undergone an abusive childhood. “Oh…” Virue voiced, ears dropping along with his eyes. “My dad was l-like that too…” He trailed off as he studied the ground, remembering what could never be forgotten. It had been a childhood built on the love of one parent, and the cruelty of another. The small Mer Bleue boy had learned both love and hatred very early, and it had been up to him to decide which he'd adopt as gospel. “I just found out h-he died, not too long ago, actually.” When he'd learned of his father's passing, his emotions had taken over. Virue only wished he could have said goodbye. “I'm gonna m-miss that jerk,” he said with a bitter smile, his aptitude for love and forgiveness made very clear.

With all this thinking back, it made him wonder what made the two of them so dissimilar. He wanted to know the definite, explicit reason why Izual ignored the lives others lived when going about his own, while Virue struggled to accommodate everyone he could with little personal regard. It burned on and on in his head until there was nothing but fragments of full ideas to share. “I wish I h-had answers, for everyone. B-but everything I kn-know isn't enough...” He knew he sounded idiotic, but all he could do is disclaim his credit as a knowledgeable being, and leave things to guesswork as everything truly was indefinite. “All I can s-say is...everyone copes differently, and w-without m-mom…we might be throwing people's letters in the p-pond together. I might h-have enjoyed w-watching you slit that sheep's throat.” He finished, his eyes sad, and focused on the horrible man by the pond. But what had made him horrible had never been his fault.

The boy looked to the water now—remnants of Nicola’s handwriting washed out and illegible on the soggy scraps of paper that made their way back to the surface. He noticed the sun’s reflection sat lower on the water than when he had arrived. He padded to the pond’s surface now too, to study his own face. Maybe Virue had just been lucky. “I-uh, p-promised Rialu I wouldn't wander off today, and I have to ask her to help me clean the den now, so I guess I sh-should go?” Virue told Izual with a small chuckle.

Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 am

LET OUT THE BEAST

Izual was interested to hear that Virue had a similar experience with his father. Izual would have liked to know what his father was like, but his mother seemed to have driven him away. When Izual was old enough, curious enough to search for him, Toxic had already moved on. He and his brother were stuck with their batshit crazy mother who took all her frustrations out on them – and more.

”I wish that cunt was dead. I’d kill her myself if I ever saw her again, but make it slow so she feels every beating she gave to me and Belial...” Izual seemed to drift off in the fantasy of killing his mother that he forgot Virue was standing there. Both of them had memories to fall back into – but very different views on how life looked now.

”Mmm… and I might actually like you.” But that was a different universe, a different possibility. Though, in all actuality, Izual couldn’t picture Virue like him. Virue was a special case, and he was unimaginable any other way.

”Welp, guess you should start cleaning then. And, hey, wait. Here.” He pushed himself up off the tree and made to give Virue the last bloodied letter in his hands, but feigned clumsiness. Somehow, that one wound up in the lake, too. ”What a clumsy asshole I am!” And then he walked away.

crap ending, I apologize lol (000)

Izual Massacre
and watched death go by
Loners
DEAD
Sammiie
Luperci
LET OUT THE BEAST

Dead Topics