M - The cruel hand of a faithless destiny that never sleeps

Lithia | Halifax | BD May 20th

POSTED: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:55 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC:

M cuz drugs 8D

[500+]

IC:

Being alone was rewarding. She remembered coming to Halifax once when she was younger with an authority figure present in the form of Lukos. It was a simpler time, when all she worried about was how she could entertain herself without hurting others. A lot had changed since then. Now she didn't worry about hurting others at all.

The black wolf had dug through a large number of debris piles and waste units, before realizing the good stuff was in places other luperci would never check. This lesson had been learned long ago, so it was with this in mind that she began climbing a rusty ladder at the back of a faded brick building. Part of the building was oddly designed, at least from what Charlie could see of human standards; a sublet of the structure was wide open at two different ends like a tunnel.

The ladder was extremely rusted, and complained audibly as the wolf ascended. On the second-last rung, one step below her highest foot snapped in two, but she gripped the remainder of the ladder above her and continued until she clambered up over the side. Then, there the Anatheman was on the roof, holding a scarred palm up to blot out the sun. With a slow wave of her tail, she shouldered her bag and began traversing the roof, eyes squinting in the intense light. Below her feet was small amounts of grass growing in between large-stone gravel that was spread unevenly across the plateau. A massive box with holes in odd places sat in ruin across from her. Decades ago, it sucked in air and spat it out colder inside the building on hot days, but she didn't know that. After a few minutes of looking around, she realized the roof was barren, and slid down the side of the wrecked air conditioning unit, knees to her chest. Charletter pulled out a half-finished joint that had been tucked into a pocket on the arm of her bag with two slender fingers. She propped it between her lips, struck a match against the metal AC, and slowly burned one end of her little treat, sucking in the smoke and blowing it out in nice and neat portions.

Something even greater beyond the box rested against the side of her elevated island—a downed transformer pole—a bird’s nest tucked into one of many crevices present in the forgotten steel of the transformer. A small family of mourning doves cooed gently from this retreat, but it only made the girl glare harder over the edge and into the streets as the smoke from her roll wafted up into the fingers of early morning light.

Faded words like whispers too quiet to hear were painted on the brick wall below her. A man's name, and even further below that the words “car wash” would have attracted customers with the promise of ridding their beloved vehicles of the world's grime. But the world was ugly, and that's what the Leishman loved the most.
Last edited by Charletter-Ebony Leishman on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
chalk-fonts

Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:21 am

200+
WORDS

There was only so much Bathurst Lithia could raid before everything started looking the same. It would have been healthy to get out of the pack lands for a while, too. She left her paint stallion behind, but took her slave, Totem, with her for extra muscle. When she left the pack lands, she didn't have to give her destination much thought. She had been itching to visit Halifax again. Perhaps she would seem some old friends, or find some missing links.

Upon her and Totem’s arrival, the silver-dappled woman wandered the streets for a while, waiting for the right building to jump out at her, but none of them ever did. She squinted up at a sign that read Mickey’s Car Wash in blue and yellow letters, though some of the letters were missing and others only the skeletal structure remained.

Lithia picked up an old, severed piece of wood lying on the street corner, surrounded by rocks. Though, on the ground it looked promising, in her hands, she could see where the rainwater warped the wood. In this condition, it was no good for building... unless one was really desperate. Sapient wasn’t real desperate.

A bird took flight in the distance, and the faint murmur of its flapping wings drew Lithia’s attention toward the black-furred woman who stood on the roof of another building, glancing down at her. Adjusting the bag at her back and shielding her eyes from the afternoon sun, Lithia gazed back at the woman, noticeably more interested in what she was doing up there than anything else.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] sorry - just couldn't see her saying anything to her just yet.
This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:52 pm

OOC:

OOC here

[300+]

IC:

Charlie wasn’t really expecting some lone wanderer to happen by. The look she gave wasn’t exactly friendly, but it wasn’t as hostile as she was capable of. She didn’t really feel the need for violence...much earlier there had been two joints on her person. The remainder of her source of calm still parted her lips, but she stood now to give the woman below her, space in her twisted mind, removing the roll with two stolid fingers and running a scarred hand through her kept hair. The pink band had been replaced temporarily with a yellow one. The old Charlie would have removed it once she had left the borders of Anathema, but something about the uniform way she could restrain her hair made her feel in control. It was just one more thing she had been given power over in this life of her’s.

She crouched at the edge of the rooftop, and made something akin to a gesture of greeting. Her ears flicked, and her face became less stiff somehow without moving at all. “If you’re looking for wood, I know where there is some hidden away. I just never gave a shit enough about it to bother gathering any.” In actuality, the woman knew not just where things already were, she knew where things would most likely be as well. Humanity had been an odd little system, and their influence was everywhere. They liked to hoard some of them, and others liked to scatter their items across the towns and cities like a plague. Either way, she knew what to look for — she had a place where she wanted to check right now, and something told her she would need another’s assistance despite her arrogance.

Her eyes hung several feet short of where the coywolf stood now. Charletter pointed down toward a car that sat in ruin just below her. “Climb up there, I’ll pull you up.” She explained, standing up and putting the joint back in her mouth with a snort to free her hands for the task ahead.
chalk-fonts

Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:34 am

300+
WORDS

It was peculiar to find another so helpful in the ruined city. Whenever Lithia came here, it was always one for themselves, which was why she brought Totem this time. To find another so willing to share her valuable wood stash was surprising to the Napier warrior. Brilliant pink eyes brightened at the offering, but darkened with skepticism as she smelled the woman’s scent on the air. Anathema. In the back of her mind, she remembered her fight with Lelouch some months ago and wondered if she had been put on their black list. She wondered if she could trust the woman. She wondered if she should tell her that she and Totem used to be from Anathema, she a daughter of the Atheed once. Did that even hold any significance anymore?

So much had changed with time, and it seemed to pass so quickly.

The silver-dappled hybrid looked back at her companion, and Totem’s brilliant orange eyes reflected back at her – although not directly; Totem’s slave past prohibited him to make eye contact, so it was something he rarely did. If Totem had been anyone else, perhaps she could confide in them whether it was a good idea to trust this female.

”Alright.”

She had her weapons with her, so if the woman turned out to be untrustworthy, she could always throw her from the roof. It was a solid plan.

The woman gestured to a car in which she instructed Lithia to climb onto to get to the roof… but the Sapien had other ideas. Lithia skirted the building, looking for an easier way up than entrusting her life with a stranger. Eventually, the woman found a rusted ladder and tested it, climbing a few steps up and instructing Totem to stand below to catch her should anything happen. But nothing did. She was able to get up onto a lower roof, Totem following, and then she’d be able to scramble up a shorter ladder onto the one that the black wolf stood upon.

”No offense, but I don’t trust strangers, even if you are an Anatheman,” Lithia spoke as she finally met the woman face-to-face. ”Where is the wood?”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] Lith's a little rough around the edges >.>
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:27 pm

OOC:

I forgot I had this written up! Let me know if you can't work with it.

[400+]

IC:

Even through the effects of marijuana, she spitefully willed a ladder rung beneath this woman to snap, and cause a sudden fall. How ironic would it be to then wander to the edge of the building, look down at her and produce something snide like, “I guess you should have trusted me”. But this didn’t happen, and instead they were face to face. Charlie took this time to puff some smoke Lithia’s way as she debated on divulging the location of a formidable resource of wood, so long as she was willing to gather it.
“I might tell you,” she promised with a chuckle, “if I am to be...given something in return.” The dark-furred wolf stepped past the other, and hopped atop the forgotten cooling unit, grinning like a fool. “There’s a metal box inside this place sealed up tight, and I...I need your — your help in busting it open.” She struggled through the second half of her speaking; battling to find any reason for her not needing another being’s help, as if her independence relied on it.

For a moment she quieted, relying on the company of her joint to entertain herself before giggling artificially and setting herself back down on the roof. “Come, come,” she called succinctly, before walking around the large metal unit, kicking at the many stones that lay around as she went, and dropping herself down onto the top of the old car that she had suggested Lithia mount minutes before. When Charletter was sure that the other woman was following, she walked across the small lot and took a turn into the oddly open area that she had observed previously. Metal ridges were fixed to the floor like footpaths, yet too small for anything besides a rodent to follow if they were to for any reason. Earlier she had smacked her foot off of one of these rails. Charlie stepped around these less carefully than she would have liked on account of her still being quite high, and made her way to a small control room where the metal box sat disgruntled, but still intact. A mangled piece of pipe sat on the concrete floor beside the dented case, and Charlie merely acknowledged it with a snort, explaining the damage done by saying, “I wasn’t smoking earlier.” She knelt and fiddled with the tiny crack where the two folding halves of the case met. “We need something to pry the thing open...”
chalk-fonts

Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:24 pm

WORDS

Lithia found herself growing irritated when she had climbed all the way up to the woman and there was no source of wood given. The Anatheman had already stated she had not cared for the wood, so why would Lithia have to trade for it? Annoyed, Lithia sighed, crossing her arms, playing into the woman’s games for now.

”Fine. I suppose it would only be fair,” she spoke, annoyance clear in her tone. She wanted to know that there was actually a wood stash, and that this woman was not just playing games with her to get her way – but how would she show Lithia without giving away the location? As much as Lithia wanted to trick the other into divulging the wood’s location, she had a feeling that she’d leave empty-handed anyway.

Might as well entertain the black wolf then…

”And if you couldn’t open the box, what makes you think I will be able to?” The request didn’t make sense to her, which put Lithia on edge slightly. Why would the woman need another Luperci’s help – unless she planned to crack it open by throwing it off a cliff or something? Even then, she had a better chance of breaking whatever was inside first before opening the damn box.

The black Anatheman beckoned for her to follow, and Lithia did, but unsheathed her dagger first, and then followed the woman’s designated path – jumping down upon the truck, then the sidewalk, and then following her through the empty lot and then the tracks. Eventually, they came upon a box, and the woman settled down, showing Lithia what they were working with.

With her back turned to the Sapiens, Lithia nudged Totem quietly and made a hand-signal that translated to ’watch her’. Sheathing her dagger, Lithia picked the mangled pipe up from the ground. ”Was this what you tried to use first? We need something thinner, stiff enough to withstand some force. A piece of metal would be good, but a lot of that shit is rotted to hell around here…” She turned, looking around to see if there was some kind of shelter and some kind of area where there could perhaps be some kind of tools like the ones she referred to. She turned back to the woman, just in case if it wasn’t clear the first time. ”If you want my help, you’re gonna help me find the right tools.”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] Good with me! What is the place that Charlie took her to? I mentioned train tracks, but I could be wrong >.>
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:56 pm

OOC:

600 words of what the heck is going on hahaha

[500+]

IC:

Charlie was aware that Lithia’s blade was drawn, initially only from the subtle sound it made being coaxed from its confines. What a gentle noise it was too, and it made the psychopath imagine fun games she had played in her first months of practice with shorter blades. What a time that was. She couldn't help but glance down at the ragged lines that laced the flesh of her palms, completely nostalgic. A question. “Hmm?” She turned for a moment, still walking. “Oh, you shall see,” the wolf promised.

They arrived, and Lithia thought it safe to put her weapon back in its hole. If there was one thing Izual had taught her, it was that there was more than one way to kill a canine. For instance: sudden exposure to a large body of flames. Beautiful. As long as the trio of luperci were within each other's grasp—conflict and therefore death—was only a few syllables (or movements) away. Of course this was just a thought…

Lithia seemed to be engaged now, turning to observe the pipe Charlie had attempted to jam into the opening along the side of the container; although the assumed slave still seemed to watch her as if through his own suspicion, or perhaps command. Chatletter snorted and smirked and pulled her joint close for an especially long drag, inciting a good burn, smoke seeping through her throat and chest. She couldn't help but smile wide as she took the high. “I don't know if you are familiar with humans, or their precious mazes of buildings, but I am good friends with them.” The Leishman purred with a short, scratchy giggle like abbreviated hysterics. “They like to give, like parents are rumored to.” She stooped and began running a finger along the box, almost as if trying to tickle it. “You know how they give us things?” Another laugh. “Like—like really they just kinda forgot to drag this stuff into their retarded hole they dug for themselves, and leave it all in shiny boxes!” She paused and made her way to the other woman, probably coming far too close “The rule you wonderful person, you, is that all things good—as in—not broken—comes in packages. Mostly metal, sometimes not.” Then she waved to the small window above a faded control panel like she couldn't have cared less. “Do me a favor and throw that pipe through the fucking glass, it's useless garbage and I hate my reflection.” She ordered almost angrily, before becoming impossibly amused with a tall shelf after approaching it in the far corner. “I like the color red, it's so...full of life!” Her blunt was swept toward the rows of rusty drawers, and she calmly tapped her ashes into an open one at the top. It was a tool shelf. “This here,” she said, placing the roll in her mouth, her voice becoming slightly muffled thereafter, “is where humans typically put tools. I think they liked the colour red too…” Her smoke was a third eye now; just a deeper shade of red, waggling between her lips as she spoke. Charlie giggled again, beginning to dig around in the plethora of metal corridors, humming giddily. She turned, streams of smoke curling out from the sides of her mouth like exhaust, her voice still muffled. “Come over here and look with me. Just don't get handsy, I have a very delicate backside if you know what I mean!” Then she cackled at her sexual joke and wiggled her ass and finally went back to searching, still snickering to herself.
chalk-fonts

Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:31 am

WORDS

Lithia bent over the box for a moment, studying the dented hole and the pipe that the Anatheman had apparently used. Nope. They would need something much skinnier to fit into that hole and then pry the box open… or something heavier to beat the shit out of the box until the lock broke. She wasn’t sure what kind of items might’ve been in that box – so Lithia had openly suggested the conservative way.

Pry the thing open.

Lithia had been searching the other side of the room when Charletter began speaking again. She had pushed open a previously-kicked-in door, but paused on the word “parents” and began to study Charlie’s face with narrowed eyes. Lithia couldn’t help but feel like the Anatheman was perhaps dropping a hint about her own ‘parent’ – a certain Axelle Napier that was known in Anathema for a long while. As of then, Lithia did not know if her mother had rejoined her old pack. She didn’t know anything about her mother’s whereabouts.

Realizing the woman was yammering on about something else, she plowed through the unhinged door and began rummaging around in the small office for a small, yet sturdy tool of some kind. After a few minutes of searching, she produced a small, yet thin metal rod of some kind in the shape of an X (a tire iron). The thing was pretty rusted, but Lithia hoped it would do to at least bend the top of the box enough to get the goods out.

Then they would both get what they want, and go home.

Lithia straightened, walking through the door with the tool in her hand. Her eyes went straight to Totem’s, where he stood statically, watching his surroundings. Totem sometimes took his job too seriously. The Anatheman suddenly closed the distance between them – too much distance – and Lithia considered having to use the tool to bash her brains in. However, the woman had not raised arms, only her blunt and her voice as she went on and on about random things.

When ordered to break the glass, Lithia snorted, ”You break it.” She was no one’s fool, no one’s slave. She didn’t do what was ordered of her by strangers. Lithia was angry about the request for all of three seconds before something else seemingly caught Charlie’s attention and she continued on without another thought.

”The only thing I’m going to get ‘handsy’ with is this,” she growled, holding up the tire iron. ”Do you want my help opening your box or not? I’m not interested in looking at human relics with you.”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 am

OOC:

Oh, hi thread I haven't posted to in a while!

[300+]

IC:

The other woman didn't seem to be enjoying Charlie's company, coming back with belligerent remarks at numerous junctions. Under normal circumstance, Charlie would take offense—and perhaps the metal box wouldn't be the only thing to be pried open. She rather liked opening corpses up and seeing what was inside. But the Leishman was in no mood for pursuing the life of another; she was simply enjoying herself far too much, relaxed in the moment. Also, she was really, really high.

Charlie turned to see the tire iron in Lithia’s hand, and her ghostly eyes widened. “Oooh,” she cooed excitedly, “what are you going to do to me with that?” Then she slowly realized that her scavenging partner wasn't as interested in “mischief” as her. “Oh, oh…” She trailed off, but then began to laugh. “I actually—I-I actually thought you were going to—” but the wolf's hysterical laughter took over quickly thereafter. Charlie took a while to settle down, even taking to leaning on the toolbox for fear of falling over in her fit. Later she did mutter out a dismissive, “Nevermind,” as if it were Lithia who needed affirmation to let the subject go. Only after this did the Anatheman approach the box with a ridiculous look on her face—this look being present on her features for no reason in particular. “But yeah, let's open this fucker up. I want so badly to see what's inside!” Then she clapped her hands like a toddler, bending to fiddle with the opening using her fingers so Lithia could force the makeshift tool into the crack. A few moments passed, and Charlie flipped the box so the side they were working on was facing upward, using her hands to pry it partially open once more. “Come on now,” she urged, “you know how this part works, put the thing in the whole there and wiggle it around.” Another immature laugh was loosed from the girl, though she remained in wait for Lithia to perform the task.
chalk-fonts

Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 am

WORDS

It was hard not to realize there was something off about the woman. Lithia could see it, and it made her wary. Canines that were a bit off the wall were unpredictable, which meant Lithia needed to keep her eye on this one constantly. At least, she had Totem for that, who would act on an instant to protect his master, but there was something about it that Lithia felt restless about. Perhaps it was leaving her back open for a move against her. As she bent down to cram the crowbar into the hole, what could the Anatheman potentially do to her from behind? And in Lithia’s eyes, her former Anatheman title held no allegiance with the pack now.

Ignoring the strange banter – the laughter, the suggestion – from the other woman, Lithia bent down to shove the crowbar into the hole. She twisted, bending the thin metal this way and that until she felt like she had the right angle. Then, using her foot, she put pressure on the one side, where it bent and distorted the other. Eventually, pairing with age and rust, the lock cracked completely, and the top of the metal toolbox flew open – Lithia almost lost her balance in the process.

Lithia stumbled, righting herself taking priority rather than seeing what contents were inside. They weren’t hers anyway. All she was there for was the wood.

”Your toolbox is opened. Now, show me the wood.”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics