You'll never know what's behind my skull

p. Kadir | Estate Bar | 6/22 night

POSTED: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 pm

[300+] For Mads & Kadir :3 Set at the bar in the Estate, nighttime on 6/22. Hope the date's alright! I'm flexible if its not!

She deserved a drink. A nice, spicy drink after all this work.

There was a nice pile of wood pieces in the storage room – all courtesy of her. Her fingers were sore, but the work she did was just. She couldn’t tell if it was just from overuse or that there were splinters deep within her black finger pads. It was good work – despite what anyone else would say – and it would serve Sapient well when those who fixed things went out to fix things.

Lithia had given herself the day off, and she told Totem to go work in the stables for a while so that she could have some piece of mind. She lay around in her room for a while, staring at the dirty ceiling – cobwebs hung low, and small bugs dotted the once-white ceiling. She blinked. Neither of the sorts bothered her. It was nature, and it looked worse in the caves where she grew up. But the boredom bothered her, so instead of lying around, she ambled down to the bar.

She passed the stairs out her way out and thought of the time her and Shaamah looked for the ghost that haunted the mansion. Ever since then – and even before then – she could never go into the sitting room without feeling some kind of cold, dreary feeling lingering upon her hackles. She avoided that room at all costs – even staring into it suspiciously as she passed it on the way to the common room.

Upon reaching her destination, she made a beeline for the bar and began tinkering back there as she grabbed a mug and a bottle and set them on the bar in front of her. There were varying kinds of liquor available, but she went for the brown-tinted ones, intending to get pretty drunk on her day off.

Pouring herself a shot, she placed the bottle back down on the wooden surface and knocked the shot back down the hatch. Aaah…

Stock used from Dawnthieves.
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Word Count → 326 :: sorry for the wait my darling! ;o; promise to be more on time with replies now! We can keep this backdated or bump it to now-ish if you wish!
A long day of putting in backbreaking work found Kadir at a loss for what to do with her night now. Darkness had long since fallen around her leaving it almost next to impossible to do anymore work and therefore she found herself wandering home. Even if she was hot and sweaty the woman could not help but feel more awake than ever even if the normal person would be ready to crash about now. Normal sleep patterns eluded the woman and she generally worked herself until she just about fell over and eventually crash. She was not completely sure which side of the family she might have acquired that trait from.

The warrior woman pushed with calloused paws on the door that lead into the main entrance of the grand estate that all of Sapient and its members shared. The estate appeared to be lifeless as most of its members were probably long gone to sleep or even out scavenging the woods perhaps. Either way it appeared to be completely silent, until the sound of glass hitting wood with a thud came from the other room. A shudder quickly ran down her spine as she thought about what could possibly make that noise. Her mind instantly wandered to the rat problem they had recently tamed.

Rounding the corner Kadir was relieved to see Lithia had been the cause of the strange sound and it was evident in her face. “Thought I heard a rat or something in here,” considering she was so quiet otherwise. “Mind if I join?” she asked, taking a glance at the bottle that was in front of the other woman. Kadir was not much for drinking, but perhaps it would help her sleep tonight and so she could get a fresh start the next morning. As long as she did not drink to excess perhaps she could curb the pounding headache and lazy feeling that would surely follow the next morning.

Mads
Luperci Crazy Cat Lady
mo mhuintir, mo chroi

POSTED: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 am

[200+] Sorrryyy for my slow! Date's ok with me -- but if you'd rather FD to July, we can!

Lithia scrunched her face on her second shot, even though the liquor was starting to go down a lot smoother than the first shot. It was still a burning relief to life. She didn’t drink as far enough as she should have. She was always so goal-oriented. She barely let herself relax.

Just as the bottle thumped back down on the wooden countertop, a few quickened footsteps found their way into the common room. Lithia’s eyes fell upon a woman named Kadir. She hadn’t had the pleasure of really hanging out with her one-on-one, but she wasn’t bothered by the Ahearne’s presence either. She welcomed a drinking buddy in times like these, even if she had to be the life of the party, the funster.

”Nope, just me,” Lithia answered, relieved as well. She was relieved she didn’t have to carry a long sword around with her anymore. There were so many bloodied stab marks in the floor near and in her room from just plunging the sword down onto the wood at the best calculated time. It was fun, and Lithia definitely got good at it when the issue began to wind down, but probably not too good for the floor.

Oh well.

”Sure, sit,” Lithia said, gesturing to one of the bar stools on the other side of the bar. She turned from the woman momentarily to get a clay mug for her, too. ”What do you want?” She stepped aside to let Kadir choose her liquor option. Or she could just go with whatever Lithia was drinking, too.

Stock used from Dawnthieves.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics