parting two halves of my heart

p. Isolda | Border (Gaspesia)

POSTED: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:16 am

300+
WORDS

It was good sometimes to get away from it all. The duties, the work, the expectations. All of it. Lithia liked sometimes to get lost in her own head, shed the requirements needed of her, and just wallow in her sorrows and her thoughts. It had been months ago that her sister, Tzila, approached her with some… interesting news. She had a sister somewhere out there… Tzila had tried to help the girl, but it would seem her mother had her so brainwashed that it was undoable. It didn’t matter though. It was none of Tzila’s business, and she should have left it that way. Who knew where the girl was now? Dead? Maybe. Gone? Perhaps. All Lithia could confirm was that she certainly wasn’t here, whoever this Eire was.

Every now and again, Lithia thought of her mother. Their relationship was… complicated, but it did not mean that Lithia did not love or care for her mother. Every once in a while, she thought of heading out to the lands near where New Dawn used to be. She knew, from Tzila, that was where their mother lived – in a shack or sorts, one that resembled the house they took residence in in Anathema once.

But she hesitated, too. Would she show up there and it’d just be another fight between their clashing personalities? Axelle had made no effort to come see them either. Even if she didn’t want to see Lithia, there was Tzila, too. She had done nothing in the matter – well, until Tzila found out that they had another sibling out there somewhere…

As the sun floating above proudly in the sky, Lithia ambled along the border, every once in a while, staring out passed the invisible line that protected them from everything else out there. Most days when she came out here to scout, she didn’t find anything. It was always her other pack mates that found the exciting stuff… but maybe that was a better thing. She was the only to find pack mates mauled by bears, to bury the bodies, and to be done with it. That wasn’t the kind of excitement she was looking for…

[Form: Optime | Date: --] For Bri and Isolda!
This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: MercuryCode
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:12 pm

Isolda Lyashev
  • Word Count: [434]
  • Form: Optime

Isolda stepped delicately through the undergrowth near the border of her new pack’s territory, her head tilted toward the ground to keep an eye out for interesting plants. Reading was still a long, slow struggle for her – especially the English books that were filed away in the Government Estate’s library. She had found a book that seemed largely concerned with plants and she had puzzled out the names of a sparse few of the flora depicted on the yellowing pages, but the earth-toned wolf had quickly gotten frustrated by her slow progress. Her frayed temper made the library seem unbearably stuffy and close, so Isolda had decided to get some air and stretch her limbs to burn off her foul mood.

It was as she was walking that she’d had the idea to just collect interesting-looking plants as she wandered. Then she could just take her specimens back to the library to compare to the pictures in the plant book. Knowing what a plant looked like off the page would bolster her confidence and her determination to piece together those awful English letters, and maybe eventually she would learn what the plants were and what purposes they could be used for. And it didn’t hurt that walking under the open sky calmed her nerves and relaxed her mind.

She crouched down every few yards to inspect a bush or plant, occasionally plucking or hacking a section off with her knife and tucking it into the little pouch on her loincloth. As she was rising from collecting another sample, she noticed a dark-colored wolf some distance from her. The other wolf didn’t seem to be moving with any particular purpose, except that she was skirting the inside edge of the border. Her apparent ease within the pack’s border didn’t lead Isolda to think this was a trespasser, but even if she was, the Russian wolf was not in the position to confront her.

Isolda reminded herself to keep breathing. She was part of the pack now, even if she was new, she didn’t have to act like prey or a Loner now. She began moving again, stiffly, and kept an ear cocked toward the other Luperci. She didn’t feel much like being rounded into a conversation just now, she’d left the Estate to clear her mind, after all. But any relaxation she’d found bled away and made her tense, just by thinking about interaction with a stranger. Fool, she berated herself even as she kept picking at the brush, you need to know these people sooner or later so they are not strangers any longer!

Life, into nothingness

Template by Kitty and Aso

Isolda Lyashev

POSTED: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 am

200+
WORDS

Beyond the border, in front of her, was some rustling in the outside brush. She could smell nothing but pack scent on the wind, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t a well-hidden Luperci or an animal that could potentially threaten the rest of them. Taking the hilt of one of her shoulders, Lithia quickened her pace. Though, when she came upon it, she was relieved to see that it was just another pack mate – though, a girl she did not recognize.

”You must be new,” Lithia commented, hovering in the area instead of moving on. She couldn’t recall ever seeing this woman’s face. Perhaps she was undercover, trying to gain access to the pack lands… or perhaps she was just a newcomer. Her interactions would only tell. Lithia would be able to pick up on any nervousness or tenseness exerted during their conversation.

Come to think of it, she should really pursue an Area of Study in that kind of field… It would suit her line of work, even if it wasn’t officially recognized. She had practice in these kinds of secretive, observative arts since she was a child. Nivosus would be stupid not to allow her to pursue them further…

”I’m Lithia, Scio Parva. You are?”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 pm

Isolda Lyashev
  • Word Count: [278]

She kept her expression smooth, but inwardly Isolda was slightly irritated at having had the bad luck to stumble upon another Luperci who noticed her. But she was a pack-mate now, not just a random stranger. Squaring her shoulders slightly, the shorter woman turned to face this Lithia completely. With the other closer now, Isolda examined her briefly as she nodded in respect to the higher rank. She was definitely wolfish in appearance, though perhaps a mix of several types that Isolda could not recognize. Her dark fur didn’t seem much longer than the Russian’s own short, earthy-toned fur, but it had a much sleeker look to it.

“I am Isolda Lyashev, Novus,” she responded, raising her head. Isolda felt awkward, never completely sure how to act in social situations, but she felt almost relieved at the other’s dominant, almost demanding stance. It gave her some direction on how this interaction should proceed. The new Sapient was not much for leadership over others and preferred to let others do their own thing. Sure, she enjoyed respect and maybe a little fear, but Isolda had no desire to tell other beings what to do just because she could. She only directed people when the actions would directly benefit her.

She brushed her hair back to satisfy her urge to fidget and gestured to the land around the two of them.

“I vas gathering plants for, ah…research,” she explained tersely, pausing to find the right word in the correct language, and lifted her latest collection as proof. She tucked it away in her pouch and glanced back up at the other Luperci.

“My apologies for intruding upon your patrol, Lithia.”

Life, into nothingness

Isolda Lyashev

POSTED: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:30 pm

200+
WORDS

Lithia sized the new woman up, taking in every detail she could see about the external skin of the woman. Was there something she could find that she could use against her at another time? Was there something she could pick up and learn about the woman? She noticed the woman's posture - tense - and smelled the nervousness on the air. Lithia made her nervous, it would seem. The Napier held back a snort of triumph.

Research. Research for what? Would it benefit Sapient as a whole or was it just to boost her skill in gardening or herbology? ”Research? What kind?” Lithia pushed, wondering whether she and the woman could become allies. Perhaps Isolda could find her some new strands of tea… Perhaps she could find a tea that better clumps, leaving better results when she did tasseography for herself and others.

Isolda brushed her hair back, and Lithia fidgeted with her braid absent-mindedly as well. She twirled her fingers through the small silver-streaked tail at the end, seemingly pensive in thought. ”It’s fine,” she finally answered, somewhat curtly. ”What kinds of plants are you finding in the brush here?”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:46 am

Isolda Lyashev
  • Word Count: [251]

This woman had an air of no-nonsense about her, something Isolda could respect. Still, she preferred others to underestimate her lest they expect great or, worse, socially demanding things of her. Lithia evinced a curiosity in Isolda’s activities, though the new Sapient supposed it was only wise to be suspicious of goings-on near the territory’s border. Still, she squirmed internally. Meeting new people was a taxing experience for the steppe wolf.

“I hope to become a healer, ah…medic? – someday,” she told the other woman. The correct words still escaped the Russian at times, and connotation was especially tricky.

“Until I can apprentice myself to a master, I go to learn vhat I can on my own, starting with plants and herbs,” Isolda explained further.

“Ah, I am finding vhatever I can. This land’s plants are strange to me and far different from my homeland, I look to find and learn as much as I can.”

Plants could harm as much as heal, and knowing explicitly how the Luperci body functioned was invaluable for sly destruction as for rebuilding health. Healing was dandy and noble, but just having others know she was capable of distributing death as much as life was a type of power and respect that Isolda strived for. Most seemed to see healers as those who wanted only to uphold good and life. The foreigner had always wondered at the lack of caution people always treated medics with, and saw a lapse of judgement she could take advantage of.

Life, into nothingness

Isolda Lyashev

POSTED: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:22 am

200+
WORDS

Lithia tried to think of anyone in Sapient who already was something like a Healer… though she couldn’t think of one. She knew Sapient to be the type of pack to prefer one person to hold such a rank, but it made more sense to Lithia to have multiple medics in the same place. What if another epidemic broke out? Or worse, mass injuries? A war, perhaps? How was one person to heal all?

She supposed it was possible, but unnecessarily daunting.

”What plants did you find?” she asked again, irritated. Perhaps the woman was not good at conversation, but Lithia didn’t appreciate having to ask the same thing twice.

She thought of Bridget some years ago in Anathema – how the woman carried a few books around with her when she was still learning the trade. The books seemed to help her memorize the plants and their properties. Similarly, Lithia was able to learn a lot of skills from books – small ones, but ones she would have otherwise taken a long time to learn. ”Can you read? I hear books hold a lot of useful knowledge… and sometimes, they have pictures. If you want, I can try to acquire some for you… and you can trade me something good for them.”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] sorry I took forever with this!
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics