The Dragon Knight

Alyssum

POSTED: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 am

WC: 301 OOC: Somewhere around midday? At the barn :3

He heard stories and saw pictures, even drew them in the snow, but he had yet to meet a dragon. He wanted to and he would someday. Maybe today would be the day. He didn’t normally leave without his mom or dad about but this was a case where he needed to go alone. The dragons were probably scared of grown ups anyway. The Dreamer wouldn’t leave the fort though, he knew he wasn’t allowed to but there were plenty of places to hide in the fort itself.

He figured they might be hungry so he would search the barn first. He had to hide though. He couldn’t be seen or else an adult would insist on telling him they had to come with him and then... well the dragons wouldn’t appear would they? So he snuck as well as any puppy could, especially a dark little boy who stood out in the snow like a sore thumb but he didn’t think about all that. What sane puppy would? If he didn’t see anyone then he was hiding. He found himself at the barn in no time and he nosed his way inside, the door creaked loudly and he stopped, his little eyes wide then moved in. Animal scent came flooding into his nose and then the noises, but not the noises and smells he was hoping for. He’d just have to look harder. “Heere dwagons, I won’t hurt you pwomise.” He said as he moved further into the barn. Though it was cold outside the barn wasn’t so bad at least there was no snow. He peeked around to see if he could find any dragons but no luck. That didn’t stop the persistent puppy though. He let his nose sniff around to find that special dragon smell.

ALEXANDER KNIGHT
Funny how every time you push me away, You turn around and you beg me to stay
Cut down from the things you say, It's the beating of, a broken drum
Avvie by Kiri, signature image by Songbird

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

POSTED: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:35 pm

baby! :3 sosu: 441
Alyssum de Fonte
but it's a swiftly setting sun that sets the skies alight

It took but a half of a second for Alyssum to realize that her boy had slipped off somewhere. While she found it unusual that the least adventurous of her children had decided to sneak off that day, she did not find it any the less amusing; she felt no angry or annoyance whenever the Knight kids tried to be sly with something. At times, they were even clever, and it made the mother happy to no end to know that they were becoming smarter as they grew, but they could never outfox her, no matter out much they would try. The girls had been playing with each other, wrestling and playfully nipping at each other, and Alexander was quiet as usual and off to the side, and after a few moments of slipping out of the scene, she told Annabeth and Valerie to continue playing in the room as she went off after her son.

She followed after him, but she did not announce her presence, and she kept a good distance between them to avoid being detected. Out of the trio, she trusted Alexander the most not to get himself simply because he was not as much as a risk taker as his sisters, but in the back of her mind, an always constant thought that was almost as reoccurring as breathing, she had the maternal worry, and thus trailed after him. She was also curious as to what he was up to, and it took her a minute to realize that he was making a bee's line to the barn. Maybe he wanted to go see the animals?

He nuzzled the door up, and a few seconds after he had entered she stepped up to the entrance, holding her purple robe off the ground as to so that it did not trail across the snow as she peered in. He was looking for something, but he hadn't seem to find it quite yet. Then, he called out in that quiet voice of his, calling out for dragons. The mother smiled softly, but then her grin turned sharper, the angles usually foretelling that she was up to something. Silently, she slowly parted the door even further so that she could slip in without causing a disturbance that Alexander would notice, and shuffling quietly, she crouched behind a group of barrels that contained animal feed. "Who dares..." A low, gravely voice rumbled, breaking in mid-sentence to let out a luxurious but terrific yawn, "...disturb my slumber?" Alyssum wouldn't say she was the best at impressions, but she had to admit, she made a good attempt at sounding like a dragon.

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:06 pm

WC: 223 OOC: Tee hee, he's such a scardy cat ;)

He was sniffing around the other way so he didn’t hear not see the shape move through the barn door and behind some barrels. But what he heard made him jump real high and squeal a little before hiding as fast as he could. His heart pounded but the he remembered, he was looking for them and they answer! He popped his head from behind a hay bale closeby. “Dwagon!? You, you awre weally heawe?” He asked in astonishment. Excitement bubbled up but the fear still stuck with him so he didn’t rush out to meet the dragon.

He lay on his belly and scooted forward but stayed close to the bales. His eyes were on the barrels where the voice had come from, but he couldn’t see anything no scales no horns, no wings; “You is a small dwagon?” He asked, if it was then he would feel a bit better. He wouldn’t have to worry about it eating him, but what if it was big but long and it could hide easy? That made him inch a little further from the barrels. Perhaps he should go home and get his mom and show her? But then the dragon would leave! He knew it all along that they hid when the parents were around he just knew it!

ALEXANDER KNIGHT

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

POSTED: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:10 pm

sosu: 362
Alyssum de Fonte

As she crouched behind the barrels and peered through the small crack between their bulbous shapes, she had to repress a soft laugh from escaping her. She was not a mother that wanted to trick her children with malicious intent on mind, but she wanted to entertain them, make them laugh and wriggling with excitement and be filled with wonderment. Her mother was the same, but far more reserved, and she knew that her more gentle and docile mother would have wanted more for her but could never provide. As she thought of her, and whenever the woman came to mind, Alyssum felt a little sad and a little hopeful; sad because she hadn't seen her in forever and that she didn't know she had children of her own, but hopeful that she found her father and was happy with him. She knew that's what her mother wanted, all along.

She shook her head of the thought and focused upon the matter at hand. Her low voice was easily caught by her boy, and immediately, and expectantly, he hid. He was not someone with a strong resolve, but he had a kind, brave soul, and soon enough he was poking around from his hiding place and peering at where Alyssum was. The dragon rumbled, his throaty growl murmuring as if he was in thought. "Hmm yes... I believe I am here, little wolf-boy," he said slowly, his voice drawling and elongated, regal yet rough. She wondered what her boy was picturing in his imaginative mind; she herself was imagining a magnificent beast with a tattered appearance, worn from centuries of age and battle and knowledge, but never the less intimidating and fearsome.

"Hmm..." he grumbled as Alexander commented if he was small, as if he would take offense by the way he huffed. But, as he breathed, he just seemed tired. "Yes, young wolf-boy... I am small, and I am old. I am Temaxamus Silverwing in your tongue. Surely... you have heard of me, the Harbinger of Wind and Fire? My tale may be old, but I am certain that your kind has yet to forget my deeds after all these centuries..."

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:19 pm

WC: 254 OOC: CUUUTE mommy has a lot of explaining to do soon ;)

Alex’s eyes were wide in wonder. How amazing, it was true, dragons. He wanted to run up to greet the dragon but he was still too scared, but he was still so fascinated. The dragon answered and he was thinking of an older dragon, with bright green scales and fierce eyes. Those fierce eyes kept him close to his hiding spot. Of course it wasn’t the best place to hide from an angry dragon. He didn’t really know or care, he couldn’t be seen if he hid so the dragon wouldn’t go after him there right? So he stayed close and his large ears perked up at the comment he had made for his answer and called him wolf-boy.

Then he imagined the dragon being much smaller than his imagination gave him... even though his imagination gave him the dragon being far bigger than the barrels. How the minds of pups worked but he was feeling braver and he inched closer on his belly still, his little paws moving, but he was also ready to dash away if there was any trouble. He spoke of his name a long and complicated one and then tried to think if he heard about the tales, and then nodded, “Uh huh I think so.” He said; “Can you tell me more?” He asked curious, inching a little closer, his back feet were stretched a little untill he tucked them in after telling himself he would be fine if he wasn’t touching the hay.

ALEXANDER KNIGHT

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

POSTED: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:26 pm

sosu: 314
Alyssum de Fonte

His little soft face was alighted with amazement as she made herself sound like a dragon, and again she had to repress the urge from letting out an airy breath that would reveal herself as his mother. He had inched closer, but she was ready to warn him in her dragon-voice not to come closer, worried that he would somehow detect her and find out that he was not really in the company of a dragon, but he had stopped moving forward, perhaps kept at bay by his own fear. But, he did not seem too frightened, and that was good; the last thing she wanted to do was keep her son from ever visiting the barn again because he thought that a mean lizard was living there, or something similar to that.

She continued the raspy "growls", though it was evident by now that they were not meant to intimidate the boy, but instead that could have been the way that Silverwing breathed. "Good to see that your kind kept my tale alive... I could tell you more, yes..." The strong voice trailed off, as if he was deep in thought. Truly, Alyssum was trying to gather her thoughts together; she was a great storyteller to her children, but that's what they had been, merely stories. Now, she had to come up with someone's complete life story, whose life must have expanded over years and centuries beyond her own, in a matter of seconds and be able to tell it honestly and truthfully. She was getting her information together, but she needed to buy some time.

"But first... what is your name, wolf-boy? I know nothing of you... Why were you looking for me?" the voice rumbled. That should keep her son talking for a second or two as she finalized Temaxamus Silverwing's epic tale that was fit for such an elder dragon.

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 am

WC: 220

Little Alex’s tail wagged happily to hear that his mother was keeping said tale’s alive, if they were truly of this dragon he didn’t know the names were all different and his little mind they could all have been of one dragon himself, this one. His mind washed in thought as the dragon said that he could tell him more tales and he was grinning wickedly. Oh how his sisters would be jealous he got to meet a real live dragon! The creature behind the barrels spoke about needing Alex’s name and why he came here and that was a total given.

“I’m Alex! I came, cause... mmm cause I wanted to meet a weal dwagon! I knew you was weal, I knew it!” Alex said wagging his tail; “My mommy said they was big though, why awen’t you big? How old awe you? Can you bweaf fire?” He asked, the questions just spilling out. These weren’t the first nor would they be the last of them as well. There were just too many and he knew his mom and dad would want him back home soon. Though it wasn’t as if he was getting in trouble. This was a dragon! Not a stranger, so he wasn’t being bad at all and all in the confines of the fort too!

ALEXANDER KNIGHT

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

POSTED: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Alyssum de Fonte

Her boy eagerly explained who he was and why he came, and she smiled at herself as she listened to what he said. She had, indeed, described them as being rather large creatures, and these barrels were not much to hide the scaly dragons that she had described before. Other questions flowed freely from his mouth, like a river babbling its whispering tales that no one could quite understand. Luckily, she was a mother, and she easily kept up with the bubbling and tumbling questions with ease -- such an ability was crafted by those who spent much time with children.

"I am not big simply because I'm not..." the dragon answered simply, though he continued, "I used to be big -- bigger than this wooden cave, I believe... but time is not my friend, dear Alex, it has made my memory dim on some things." Another grumble transpired as he mulled over his next question. "How old... I have lived for a very long time... Before you wolves, before the humans I was here... I remember being able to count the stars as a hatchling, before all the many stars you see now had cluttered the sky. Very long ago, that was... a thousand centuries, give or take a couple of hundred."

Again, he rumbled, but it was lighter and merrier, more as if he was chuckling out a gravely laughter. "Harbinger of Wind and Fire, I am... yes, I can breath fire, dear Alex. I would show an example of my flame-breath... but my display would spook your hoof-beasts. Maybe some other time... For now, do you have any more inquiries? Knowing Alexander, the few questions he had been only the tip of the ice burg. Alyssum waited patiently for the various more to come while she continued her low, thundering dragon-growl.

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 pm

WC: 207

Alex’s head was full of questions and he had asked many already ones he thought were the most important about the dragon but of course as the dragon answered, more questions popped into Alex’s head. He pawed slightly closer in hopes to see anything in the cracks between the barrels but it was too dim and he could still make out nothing. “ How long is a centuwy... did you shrink cause you gwew older? If there was a few staws in the sky then why awe thewe so many now?”

Alex had to pause and bite his lip as he was about to ask a question the dragon wouldn’t want to answer, but it was important probably far more important than his most important questions. Then he decided to steal himself and asked as quickly as he could; “why are you in a bawn, why do you hide fwom us and why do you talk to me?” He said letting all the words spill out of his mouth as fast as he could. He knew they were a lot to ask, but he was hoping to understand this experience more, his large black ears were perked up on the top of his head.

ALEXANDER KNIGHT

J
Luperci
Dragon Knight

Dead Topics