I think that you might be the same as me

POSTED: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:05 am

300+
WORDS

Lithia was just the gatherer. She went out to the buildings and took what was left to be taken. Instead of searching for trinkets, diamonds, and weapons, Lithia took apart the walls, the furniture, and everything left behind, gutted, and wasting away there. She took the real valuables left behind in these places. As Luperci took over the lands and built them back up, they needed supplies.

But Lithia was tired of only being the go-getter, instead of the go-doer. There was only so much excitement in dismantling old furniture before it began to get repetitive. Lithia felt like she was a professional furniture un-builder. She wanted something else to do with this skill set of hers. She wanted to continue helping her pack, but how? How would she do that with piles and piles of chair legs, chair arms, and shelving boards lining every bit of Sapient’s storage?

She didn’t know much about building, but she studied the furniture enough to know something. Piling a bunch of legs, boards, smaller pieces of wood, and a jar of nails into her pull wagon, Lithia set out for the nearest bridge to check its stability.

She spent the better half of her morning checking these bridges. Her consistency check involved walking over the bridge with her head hanging over the side to check if any of the planks bent or otherwise seemed weak under her weight. And then she would walk back over it and study the boards directly under her feet. From the sides, she’d check for cracks in the wood or warped wood planks. Her check consisted of a lot of visual cues because – really – she had little knowledge of what she was doing there in the first place.

Finding a plank sticking out awkwardly on the side of the bridge, Lithia grabbed her trusty screwdriver and attempted adjusting the wood.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] It'd be really cute if someone(s) came along and showed Lithia what she was doing wrong. Knock her off of her high-horse a bit xD Otherwise, come help and be clueless with her!
This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:06 pm

ooc: Mind if I toss a Rowtag at you? He most likely will fall under the category of being confused along with Lithia when it comes to repairing bridges, but he could offer moral support :p

Rowtag

The slim coydog picked his way through the heart of Sapient territory, drinking in all the it had to offer. For days he had been wandering the wilderness before he discovered that the majority of the members milled around the ruins of New Brunswick, where human structures still remained. Now that he hung around the Government Estate and the ruined city on its outskirts, Rowtag found that he was meeting a great deal more pack members than he had touring the borders. It came as a great excitement to Rowtag that he was gradually becoming a more familiar face in his new pack.

However that didn’t mean that his fellow members struck familiarity in his eyes. There were still quite a few that he had yet to meet, and as he approached to foot of a bridge, it became clear that the woman below the structure would be a new face as well. She had dark fur and lupine features, however the large, cone shaped ears positioned above her skull suggested mix blood. And like the majority of those in the pack, the woman was advanced, wearing clothing and brandishing a tool.

From Rowtag’s vantage point it appeared that the dark furred woman was busy fiddling with a plank on the bridge. A wagon, piled high with scavenged items, remained besides her. Yet he couldn’t quite tell if her efforts were helpful to the bridge or not. If anything, it looked like she was attempting to dismantle it.

”What are you doing down there?” Rowtag down up in a greeting, cocking his head slightly to one side. In most situations he would approach the woman, however he wasn’t confident in her skills as a repairman. The bridge itself looked fairly solid, however he wasn’t one to gamble. So he remained at the foot of the bridge, lest the whole structure crumbled.

edited to fit description!
Last edited by Rowtag on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

El
Luperci Prince of Bad Ideas
Take Me High

POSTED: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:53 am

300+
WORDS

She found it pretty difficult to repair the bridge, despite what she might’ve thought at first. She had unscrewed the nail which held the board together, respositioned the board to a place place on the bridge, and then attempted to screw the nail through the hole into a new board, but that was proving to be more difficult than she had originally assumed it’d be. She lacked the muscle and the know-how to properly do it, and when she thought she had the nail in tight, a little pull prove that it had been in the hole shallowly, and it popped right out and fell into the creek at her feet.

Lithia cursed under her breath, bending at the hip and at the knee to find the little devil. She threw the old board onto the bank and moved the rocks around to find the screw. It fell between the rocks and required deft hands to retrieve it.

A voice called out to her, and she perked not recognizing it. The yellow form of another canine came into view. He had been ready to cross the bridge, and Lithia looked over to that one plank that was now missing. She contemplated how much of a crucial role it played keeping the bridge intact. She wondered if one Luperci’s weight would send it crumble to a pile of wood and nails at her feet. The creek wasn’t that wide to cross anyway… Sapient could do without this bridge.

”Patching up the bridge. You look strong,” she lied, plucking the screw from the water and finally looking up at him. He didn’t look any stronger than she did. In fact, if there was a clone of her, she'd probably be better off. In the back of her mind, once again, she questioned why she didn't bring Totem along. ”Mind helping me with this?”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] I pictured it as a small bridge, and Lithia is under it, trying to making the boards lining it and underneath it sturdier
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:18 pm

ooc- I edited my earlier post to match that description :)

Rowtag

Rowtag observed as the woman threw the fallen board out of frustration. As he watched, the dark furred Luperci scrambled on all fours. With a triumphant cry, she plucked a small object nestled between two rocks before addressing Rowtag.

The woman appeared strong and confident, very self assured. While it was clear that she was used to using simpering words to get what she wanted, Rowtag couldn’t help but to become enthralled by her antics. No one had ever called him strong before, and for a good reason too. No one in right mind would look upon his scrawny figure and meek demeanor and convey any image of strength from it. Despite this, her flattery had won him over. Rowtag felt warm all over and answered her call with his approach.

”Of course not, it would be my pleasure” Rowtag responded with a grin as he crossed the little creek with relative ease. The water was relatively calm and moved in a thin stream, and even Rowtag’s shorter legs could leap over it in a few steps and emerge relatively dry. He retrieved the fallen plank before walking towards the other woman, offering it to her almost as a gift.

”Let me know what you need me to do.” Rowtag continued, still puffed up from the woman’s earlier comments. Never mind the fact that he had no clue how to repair a bridge. ”The name’s Rowtag by the way.”

El
Take Me High

POSTED: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:36 am

200+
WORDS

The little screw in her palm, Lithia stepped aside as the man came over with the board. When offered to her, she took the board gift and handed him the small screw and screwdriver she had in her hands. Placing her feet carefully into the shallow rocky banks of the stream, Lithia lined up the board with the nail hole, making sure it was in a position she was happy with – or else, she’d have to take it out on Rowtag.

”Lithia,” she said, casting it over her shoulder like a fold of her scarf in the winter time. ”I need you to put that little sucker in the hole here, and push and screw with that tool. You gotta poke the thing through the board behind this, too. I’ll hold this one in place, and you worry about giving it enough force to stab through to the other side. Got it?”

Then Lithia looked forward and focused on holding the board in place while also keeping her fingers out of the way just in case someone slipped somewhere. She didn’t need old metal cutting into her skin. That never turned out well, and if Isolda was their only medic, she would surely die of a septic infection.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] I'm sorry for taking FOREVER to reply to this!
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:03 pm

ooc - No problem! I'm eager to see where this thread goes...god forbid if the screw doesn't hold in place xD

Rowtag

Lithia was not a name that Rowtag had heard before, but then, the woman’s fuchsia gaze was a first as well. It was clear that the Napier woman was an uncommon sort, though she brandished this fact with a confidence that could strike stars. Though Lithia offered no thanks in exchange for the fallen board, without missing a beat she placed a small tool and a screw into his open palms.

Rowtag paused, observing the two items Lithia passed along to him. He had never used, what did she call it, a screwdriver before. The flathead screw in his other palm stuck more familiarity to the Novus, for he had seen these holding together the framework for various ruins scattered about Sapient’s land. The screwdriver was a curious contraption, for it didn’t appear that he used it to strike the screw into the board. Rather, the flat side of the screw possessed grove marks forming an X where the pointed top could fit itself nicely.

”Alright, then. Here it goes.” Rowtag announced, attempting to convey more confidence than he felt. Working over Lithia’s shoulders, he pushed the pointed end of the screw as far in as it would go into the hole with his fingers. Once the screw wouldn’t give anymore, the coydog fit the screwdriver into the head and pushed. Only to have it do absolutely nothing.

”Um, hang on..” Rowtag chattered nervously as he applied more pressure. Still nothing. What on earth was he doing wrong? Not wanting to look like an utter fool, Rowtag fiddled with the tool once more. Curiously, though much to his immense relief, when he turned the screwdriver the screw drove in once more.

The coydog continued turning the tool in a clockwise circular motion until the head remained snug into the wooden board. ”Alright, it should be good now...” Rowtag spoke with uncertainty as he stepped back to admire his handiwork. Hopefully once the Napier released pressure on the board, the screw would hold it in place.

wc 335

El
Take Me High

POSTED: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:44 pm

300+
WORDS

She studied the confusion first painted on Rowtag’s face. Sometimes Lithia forgot that others weren’t all as humanized as most were in Sapient. ”You match the X’s, push the tip into the wood, and then turn to the right.”

Lithia held the board in place while Rowtag attempted to screw the nail into place. It seemed he had a little bit of trouble at first with the easiest part - turning the thing. Lithia would have rolled her bright pink eyes behind him, holding the board as tight as she could and doubting the Coydog’s ability to get the board in place any better than she could.

Right before she was about to tell him to step aside and let her doing the operating of the screwdriver, he seemed to figure it out and the screw found its place tightly snug into the board. Rowtag backed away, and Lithia let go of the board – half expecting it to crash down into the river. It didn’t.

”Heh.” Then she rattled the board for good measure – to make sure it was actually holding and not just placed there for decoration like it was the first time. And wouldn’t you know it – off came the damn board! The screw popped out, bounced off of Lithia’s left breast, and fell between the rocks in the river bank again. ”Son of a bitch...”

Peering down into the river between her spread legs – each foot planted on a flat enough rock to ensure maximum balance – she couldn’t even see the metal glinting back up at her. They’d have to dig for that one. ”Mmm…” she growled. ”Maybe the screw isn’t long enough.” She flung the board back onto the shore – which was only about two feet away – and it hit the wheel of her wagon, causing the contents to jingle noisily inside.

”Check if there are any longer ones in that jar in the wagon… while I find this little ffff…“

She dismissed Rowtag and dipped below into the water, standing over jagged rocks with a balance that was stretched rather thin. She moved what she could of the smaller rocks, sticking her fingers in the dark gaps to feel around for the damn screw.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] He's not dead yet xD
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:39 pm

ooc - lmao poor Rowtag xD

Rowtag

The dark furred Luperci woman had been curtly instructing Rowtag how to handle the tool, her voice tinged with impatience as she did so. Thank god I finally figured out the damn thing Rowtag thought privately as he stepped back to admire his handiwork. Accustomed to his Neanderthal lifestyle pre-Sapient, he had no clue that there were tools that you were supposed to twist rather than strike with. Of course, he wasn’t out of the woods just yet.

The coydog hadn’t even realized that he had been holding in his breath until he exhaled in relief as the board remained attached, even after Lithia released her grip. ”Well then, looks like we make quite the pair-” Oh. Having spoken too soon, perhaps even jinxing himself by doing so, the coydog found himself being cut off as the board fell to the ground with an ominous thump!

”There goes my short-lived dream of being a carpenter Rowtag thought morosely to himself. And at Lithia’s cursing, he was quick to add ”Perhaps my short-lived life as well…

The woman did not seem to be one with endless patience, and she was quick to snap orders at Rowtag before she went hunting for the damned screw. It would be almost comical to observe the Lupine woman scrambling around for the tiny screw, balancing perilously on jagged rocks for a better reach below the water level. That is, if Rowtag had the option to walk away and leave the woman to her own device. Which he did not, lest he wished to suffer at an enraged Lithia’s hands.

”Alright then,” Rowtag muttered aloud as he complied to the Napier’s orders, shifting through the treasures piled in her wagon. There were a good number of scraps and tools that Rowtag didn’t even have the vocabulary to name, and he found himself puzzling over an oddity once in awhile. Finally, however, Rowtag had formed a generous pile of larger screws that would hopefully fit the profile.

”Would any of these work?”

wc 335

El
Take Me High

POSTED: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:25 am

200+
WORDS

Her ears twitched at the sounds Rowtag made over on the bank as he dug through her jar of screws. She knew she had some longer ones in there. Hopefully, he he’d be able to find them. With her fingers slick with water and river mold and dirt caked into her nails, Lithia straightened, cursing under her breath. She shook her hands, flinging the dirt from her fingers. She couldn’t find the screw, but instead of moan about it, Rowtag was there with the others.

Lithia moved, carefully using the larger rocks as stepping stones to get to the shore to get the board. ”Lemme see those,” she said, waving him over. Picking from his hand, she took one of the longer ones and twisted it through the hole in the board. She was only satisfied when she saw it come out the other side when she hadn’t even had the thing all the way in yet. ”This’ll do… Put those back.”

Then Lithia began twisting the screw out of the wooden plank while making her way towards the bridge once more. If this didn’t work, she was throwing all of her supplies in the damn river.

She stood poised, holding the plank still and the long screw in one of her fingers, waiting for him to join her with the screwdriver. ”Same goes: push and twist.”

[Form: Optime | Date: --] :D :D
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:58 pm

ooc - xD fingers crossed!

Rowtag

Lithia made a comedic sight, making faces as she shook off the river slime that coated her hands after a futile search for the missing screw. Rowtag might have said so, however he got the impression that the Napier wouldn’t take kindly to his jibe, perhaps even mistaking it as criticism. The dark furred woman proved to be all business and no play, as evident by her brusque manner. Without an air of thanks, the Napier selected a screw from the pile Rowtag had selected, her fuschia gaze barely meeting Rowtag’s eyes as she waved him back to the wagon.

Being quite subservient in nature, the coydog obediently returned the rejected screws to the hand pulled wagon. If he was bothered by Lithia’s bossy nature, he didn’t make it known. The woman waited as Rowtag trudged his way through the river back to where she stood, her finger tapping impatiently on the wooden board she held in place. ”Second time’s the charm, eh?” Rowtag remarked with a small smile as he accepted the screwdriver. As the coydog had more experience with the tool the second time around, he found that the process went much quicker. Having efficiently twisted in the small metal screw, Rowtag stepped back cautiously, keeping an eye on the wooden board.

”So, do you have a lot of experience in repairing bridges and such?” Rowtag asked Lithia, more as nervous chatter rather than a conversation starter. For if this screw didn’t work, Rowtag had no clue what he could do. Given that his repairmen skills were laughable at best, he hoped that the Parva had at least some notion of what to do of the board failed.

wc 280

El
Take Me High

Dead Topics