They breathe their spells towards the departing day

POSTED: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:37 am

OOC: Dusk, the Waste. All Welcome, Vesper is just sitting pensively lol. This is mostly to establish Resurrection headin' off again.

IC:

The resurrected son of Prophet had departed Inferni once again, citing the call of angels and service, and promised that he would return.

This news worried Vesper only in a distant way, as she always worried when one of her own (especially one she'd seen grow from an undersized pup) left to journey. But it was the nature of coyotes to wander, too, and she knew he would return if able. They always did, and Resurrection had a deep connection to this place. She'd given his journey her blessing, uncomfortably allowing him to touch her and pray for her safety and security too, and watched him go while thinking of eagles.

The consequences of this didn't hit her until she came back to the caverns and found her niece almost inconsolable.

"I didn't think he'd actually leave!" the girl exclaimed, her face screwed up and her ears pinned, anger and sorrow both flashing through her winter sky eyes. "I thought he was talking in parables!" She'd wanted to go chase her friend down then and there, convince him that he -- with his weak body and half-starved appearance -- was dead meat out there in the wild, but Vesper forbade her.

All she could do was distract the youth the best she could, and in this case sent her chasing rabbits. Briar had argued with her about this, and for a moment Vesper had flared up and felt like she was fighting with Vicira again, but her niece was still young and gentle and quailed at once. Eventually, Vesper let her run off to talk to one or another of her friends (a small few had sprung up), and remained overlooking the twilit moorland pensively.

White tails bobbed in the distance, but Vesper didn't feel like giving chase.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 pm

don't mind me, just taking all your AWs. MUAH????

Three weeks had passed since Dove collected what few belongings she had in the D’Neville Mansion and returned to Folly Lake. As expected, River Lark was still nowhere to be found, though the two had shared the dugout during the war and during the coldest winter months. Four-legged, Dove had carved the space back out for herself, relished the soil between her toes and the free, open wind, unhindered by mansion walls, and knew lakeside was where she belonged.

Sitting in the dugout, however, left her feeling small and alone each time. Small, alone, and filled with guilt, for every moment Dove spent sitting or socializing was a moment she should have been looking for her brother. The empty dugout haunted her, yet returning to the confines of a building for shelter was out of the question while the weather was warm and kind, and what resulted was a Dove that avoided her home and avoided sleep and busied instead to minding the animals and the borders.

Four-legged, Dove found Vesper in the Waste as she passed through and paused, startled by the Aquila’s stoicism that she had not seen since the onset on the April plague.

”Hey,” said the Sciens, not one for excessive deference; for Dove to have stopped at all spoke for a level of respect. ”What’s out there?”

all the colors mix together to gray
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:26 am

:kiss:

See galleries for credit.

She did not think as she watched the cottontails lollop and browse. She had the gift to maintain an empty mind, filling it with sights and sensations rather than wayward thoughts, and focused on these things to ward off the troubled sunset musings. Her hips ached until she dwelled on the sensation so heavily that it ceased to mean anything to her, and the same for the itch of a flea traveling through her scruff. Pads scuffed over dirt still warm from the summer rays, and her nose told her a hundred other things: about prey, about probable weather, about visitors who had come this way to hunt or race. When she smelled Dove, she looked up.

Vesper blinked then offered her usual half-smile. Oh, nothing. Rabbits. She rolled tense shoulders and rose slowly to greet the white coywolf, this with a few approaching steps and a quick sniff to gauge her health. She'd filled out some, at least. You look better. Did any of the things I suggested help you? She lifted her scarred brow, her smile growing toothy.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

POSTED: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 pm

"The tea from Harosheth, right,” said Dove, hesitance obvious. She and the late Kimaris had not been close in any sense, but the two had made fast friends; between their distant relation and Haroseth’s longtime experience in Inferni, the elder had been very patient during the early months when under constant onslaught of questions by Dove about the ins and outs of her new home. The news of Harosheth’s fate had reached the bedridden Dove much too late, and she clad her disappointment of the fact then as one might throw a cloak over their shoulders.

Dove exhaled, then shrugged. "She did prepare me some before she... yeah. I tried it once, but after that I didn’t have the heart. I left it in the kitchen when I moved back to the lake. I thought maybe someone else could use it, like Cartier.”

She occupied herself looking after the rabbits, whether real or imagined on Vesper’s part. Opening up to the Aquila was a strange sensation; Vesper still represented a bizarre hypocrisy of visual barbarism versus interpersonal connection and empathy. It was this juxtaposition that deterred Dove from leaning on the elder as anything more than an authority figure, which was probably for the best.

"Thanks again for... suggesting those things. It got me to do more stretching and meditation, so...” A pause. "I don’t smell any rabbits.”

all the colors mix together to gray
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

Dead Topics