With all the force of a great typhoon

Myra

POSTED: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:27 am

Optime | Fort Kingsbury; early morning (+388)

Training thread for Myra! :)

We can either backdate this to before the July stuff or have it happen during if you want?

The sky had barely changed to the soft pink of the morning sunrise when Teagan had started her usual duties. Freshened up, dressed, and the animals seen to, she had gotten finished sooner than usual, and, if waking up at an earlier time in order to complete it all had made her a little tired, she didn’t show it. She had things to take care of today, and they were best done in the cooler morning hours too.

So, with her usual chores completed, Teagan had gone down to the armory and retrieved two dull, training short swords. Their edges were so worn that the Stryder doubted that they’d be able to cut through anything other than maybe butter. It was their lack of a sharp edge that had been the reason for their choosing, however. Wooden swords were meant for children and early beginners in the trade of weapon-wielding, used for individuals that had not learned to respect the power and deadliness they held in their hands. The student Teagan would be training later was not new to blades or the like. Besides, the weight of them would give them a better feel for what it was like to wield the real thing.

In her tunic and with her hair in its usual ponytail, Teagan had set off into the fort with one sword in hand and the other strapped to her belt. She made a beeline to her childhood home, her parents’ house. The adults had likely left for the morning to do their usual rounds, which left the humble abode to Teagan’s mercy. Having not completed their apprenticeship, her siblings had yet to move out like Indi and she had. With it being so early, the Officer had a good idea where her younger sister would be at such an hour.

She let herself in the front door without bothering to knock. “Myra!” She barked sharply. Her canary eyes made a quick sweep of the living area and kitchen, searching for a particular Candid. If she so happened to find one of her annoying brothers laying around, she would be sure to “volunteer” them for some impromptu training as well. “Time to go!” The Junior Cadets would be in for a rude awakening if Teagan found any of them still sleeping.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:47 pm

WC: 300+ OOC: Soooo Myra is trying to figure out what she forgot... because I don't remember if they had this planned or not.. because shaw is derp

Myra was already awake and had already stretched. Her days had been long with the summer days. It was so nice. She didn’t like the heat that much but a dip in the river or a pool of water here or there helped her out a bit when she got the chance, but the clear skies for the most part and the green grasses that were far easier to traverse than the thick snows of the winter time.

She had returned from her run and was sitting down for a short read before she would go out to take care of the animals. She was reading an interesting book about a female wolf being taken away from her home to a male wolf’s home. The odd thing about the book was there were no packs, no one fighting for her, or against her as normal packs were and it frustrated her that all the author cared about was the limbs of the wolves that didn’t matter. What about the ears, the tails, their posture? None of it was there! Just the hands, and eyes and mouth… well it was old. Maybe they didn’t know better.

Her thought was interrupted by her name being called out she dropped the book on the table she was reading next to and hurried up. Teagan had already passed by the room she was in and she spoke; “I’m over here.” She said. She was certain both brothers were asleep still. She didn’t care if her sister woke them up. After all it was their fault they always stayed up late so it was their fault if they were tired. She noticed the sword in her sister’s hand and wondered if she forgot something. Had she agreed to do something with her? Her heart skipped a beat at the thought. Feeling bad she looked only at the sword and waited for her sister to hopefully tell her what was going on. She was still trying to remember what she forgot.

Signature by Littlest Puff Shop and Nina (random images)
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet (NPC)
Shawchert
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2011, 2012, 2013 Winner!

POSTED: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:49 pm

(+378)

xDD That’s fine! We didn’t specify when we were plotting the thread! Also, sorry this is kind of sucky, I tried to not make Teagan be too mean <_____<

Canary eyes narrowed on her old bedroom door when she heard movement from within it, and, a few seconds later, saw her younger sister exiting from it. The way Myra had greeted her raised warning flags in the Stryder’s mind though. The Garcia appeared…uncertain as her cyan eyes glanced upon the second sword in Teagan’s hands. Had she truly…? A spark of irritation caused the Officer’s lips to thin into a displeased frown. Yes. Myra had yet to look away from the sheathed blade. She really did.

“Training,” she reminded her with a growl, annoyed. Really? Did her mother get hit in the stomach when she was pregnant with these three?

Ugh!

She tossed the second sword toward Myra, expecting the runt to catch it. “Your mentor has given you training with blades, I hope?” The question was phrased more as a statement than anything else. With the kids’ year-mark being a little over a month away, if Myra hadn’t held a blade of some sort by now, her mentor had failed her and Myra would be in a sorry state come her First Blood Ceremony. Being a daughter of Lyris and Luca, however, Teagan liked to hope for the best of her sister’s training as a knight thus far.

“You’re using a sword today.” Whether you’ve had the training or not. “I’ll meet you out by the training ring in five minutes.” Because it was obvious that the younger sibling hadn’t slept in, Teagan had decided to not go full-Lyris on the girl. Myra had been awake, and appeared to have been up and about, even if she had forgotten about the training lesson. Teagan had decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and let Myra do whatever she needed to do—go to the bathroom, get a drink, fix her hair, whatever—before Teagan would start tearing things up.

The Officer then turned on her heel and swiftly exited the family home. She made a beeline for the training ring with her dull sword in tow. Once at her destination, she turned and waited; either for Myra to catch up or for her to arrive after she’d prepared for her lesson.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics