cold shot

POSTED: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Continued from this thread!

Alyssum became a little quiet as Tony said that she would be better grandmother than his mother would be. She did quite know how to react to that, knowing how complicated Jazper's and his family's past were when it concerned the Italian woman she knew nothing about. She just quietly nodded, and offered a small smile. She supposed being a grandmother would not be too bad.

The tables were easily turned. One slip of a word, and things were suddenly tense and at a stand-still, as if a pin could have been heard if it were to drop, and that alone would set them off. She listened silently as he prattled on about how they were not his family, how she was keeping bad company with the woman she had gotten to know, and other ludicrous things. She stood, and listened. When it seemed he reached the end and made his point, she regarded him with narrowed, sharp eyes. When she spoke, she was quiet, though her words were stressed and slow.

"I'm a bastard, too, you know. I never had a father, I was outcasted by my old clan because I was born out of wedlock and as a different species. I'd thought civilized Luperci were better than that." Disappointment lingered in her tone. "Those children are no less your siblings as they are your father's kids, no matter how far you turn your nose the other way." She paused for a moment, and continued, "Have you even talked to Skye? Even try to understand her? Just picture this." She waved her hands a bit, as if making an imagine for him to see.

"She's a single mother and a single leader. I'm sure she did not want this happen, not the way it did. The last thing she needs is someone that should know how hard it is to be a parent to think of her as a pair of bastards' whore-mother." It was a good thing she would not be alone through this; Jazper would visit her, and Alyssum would try her best to be there for her, too, if she could. She sighed, and pushed her mane out her face. Well, there went her peaceful moment of escape.

She looked back at Tony, and said, more softly, "I won't demote you. I just want you to realize how bad your words can hurt someone who doesn't deserve it... Why don't you like them, the pups?"

Last edited by Alyssum de Fonte on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 am

Tony said nothing, merely lowering his head. Not because he was being submissive, it wasn't in his nature to begin with, never mind now that he was angry. Well, more mildly annoyed. He didn't dwell on what Alyssum said for long, there wasn't even any acknowledgement that he'd heard her. A scowl clearly dressed his face, ochre eyes pointed to the floor and his jaw line stiff. In truth, Tony didn't have a true opinion on the situation. He was merely angry that Jazper had new children, not upset because he felt like he was being replaced, but hurt none the less. He could have easily made a comeback akin to 'Yeah, but you're not family'. But after he'd admitted she was as much as family as his own mother, that would have been even more hypocritical.

'She's th' one tha' wouldn't talk t' me'. It wasn't quite true, she probably would have if he hadn't stormed over there like a man possessed. And, of course, Jazper had seen it her way and demoted him. In truth, he couldn't care. He'd grown out of caring for what rank he held. His family was what mattered. 'I don' care . S'not ma job t' keep ever'one in line. I got ma own family. Th' Knight's can run 'emselves into th' ground' he said bitterly. 'An' she shoulda kept t' 'erself. Stupid whore'. His words, this time, were muttered with little emphasis in them.

'Bull' he muttered, 'Words a' jus' words'. They couldn't hurt. That was a stupid idea. Wasn't it?

TONY MARINO-KNIGHT
courage is a kind of strength
avatar- http://tasastock.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-8-200419094

POSTED: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:27 pm

god Aly is just so preachy ~_~ 491

Alyssum was not even remotely annoyed that he did not seem to be listening to her. She was not going to preach him her life story or anything, and, maybe part of her did not expect him to care, considering how he was acting. She watched as the stiff-jawed man stared hard at the ground, and she wished she did not have the decency she had to bark at him to look her in the eye when they spoke to each other. The woman saw his sudden behavior as nothing but ignorance, and while part of her, where mannerisms resided with an iron fist that would happily pound any loose passerby with her beliefs, could not stand such attitude, she was surprisingly facing it with a calm face, and just merely stared at Tony as he looked at the ground, allowing the silent moment to pass.

She noticed a pattern. It was all she, she, she. Skye, her, not anyone else, as if she was center of blame. She thought that over as Tony went on to repeat that all that he cared about was his own family unit, which she respected never the less. She lifted her ears as, again, the Collins woman was blamed. She was quiet until the Knight (for that was what he was in the end, even if he blatantly stated that they could all ruin themselves) seemed to be done, and allowed another moment to pass before speaking again.

"I'm not tryin' to say you should feel a certain way or anything'... But, hell, Tony, why're you bein' such a... jerk?" The tone she carefully used showed that she was not trying to be insulting, but sincerely asking a question. It truly confused her why the boy could not simply accept what happened, and how him spitting names and denying relations would hardly help this situation. "It's not all Skye's fault, too, you know? Your dad isn't exactly a saint in this situation." Again, nothing to suggest she was trying to be mean. She had long ago forgiven her mate for what he had done, and was she not the one should she get prissy about the children, if anyone? So why was the man's own son being like this?

"Words can't hurt, eh?" She wanted to give a small, good-natured laugh, but decided that it could have been poorly perceived. "Well... Words can make you feel good, can't they? Tellin' people you love them, people tellin' you they love ya... Your pups whenever they will talk... It means the world, those words. Some words could also destroy the world, too." She did not need to elaborate on negative examples; surely, he had enough imagination to come up with a few himself. "They are just as powerful as actions. Even if you don't think the same, consider someone else's feelings. We're all canines here in this big ole world--we should try to at least get along."

Shannah
Luperci
long time traveller

POSTED: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:05 pm

<3

Ochre eyes narrowed as she insulted him. The insult didn't actually insult him in anyway, as it was a loose stab at his pride. But the idea that she called him that had knocked him slightly, more so out of surprise. She spoke again, pointing out that Jazper was to blame as much as Skye was. But Tony didn't reply, he'd not really considered it fully. There were holes in his argument and he didn't really have a argument for Alyssum. He just ran his mouth and got himself tangled in his conflicted feelings. Well, he never said he was particularly smart, or had a way with words.

There was a stirring in his chest. The woman spoke of how words made you feel good. That didn't effect him, nor did the mention of his future pups. The faint memory of his mother's words, and the more recent words from Jazper, the pride in his voice however. That caused a soft sniffle (well, more of a huff coming from Tony) to erupt from his chest.

Fine. He'd go apologise then. That was obviously what Alyssum was hinting at right?
TONY MARINO-KNIGHT
courage is a kind of strength
avatar- http://tasastock.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-8-200419094

Dead Topics