Whose arrows are sharp, and all their bows bent

POSTED: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 pm

OOC: Clearing in the northern Dampwoods. The horses are probably tied in the clearing. Goliath is in Lupus form, Ichabod in Optime.

IC:

Ichabod nocked another arrow, and let this fly after squinting at his target and biting the inside of his cheek—which must have looked like the outside of Goliath’s at this rate, the giant thought as he lounged in a patch of sunshine at the clearing’s edge.

The arrow hit the wood with a thunk, beside two others… several inches from the generous circle the apprentice archer had scrawled with a sharp stone on the bark. The lanky coyote made a frustrated noise at this, then muttered. “Least I’m consistent.”

“Aim t’ the right more’n you think y’ need to,”
said Goliath.

Orange eyes squinted at him. “’N’ what d’you know about archery?”

“Nunnin’,”
Goliath said passively, lifting his head and casting his younger cousin a serious, if not at all stern, look. He shrugged broad shoulders. “Just makes sense t’ me, is all.”

Ichabod huffed, set another arrow and pulled on the string, bit his inner cheek again. He lined the tip up with his target then adjusted it a few centimeters, stopping to raise his elbow more, and loosed the arrow. This time it hit farther to the right—that is, on the opposite side of the target. He blinked at this then shot Goliath a dirty look.

The coydog dropped his jowls back onto his forelegs and shut his eyes, hiding a smile.

Inferni
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 am

(200+) Wanted to reply to this for a while - just couldn't figure out with who xD

She had heard the voices in the forest first, which intrigued her. It was always something intriguing in the Dampwoods, and she wondered if she had known them. The distance between them was too great to tell – but there were accents present that she wouldn’t have otherwise known. Lithia pushed on, pushing towards the voices, but keeping as quiet as possible. One could say she was stalking her prey, though she didn’t plan on killing or eating them. Perhaps, she’d acquire something else from them instead.

She neared, watching one of them ready an arrow, while the other told him where to aim. The advice should have made Lithia cringe with how bad it was, but she wasn’t listening for their bow advice. She waited, watching for a few moments. The Luperci let go of the arrow, and it hit the target – just nowhere near the bullseye. The two men exchanged glances, and Lithia came from the darkness of the woods.

”You're new to shooting, aren't you?” she asked, wondering if she could muster up some decent advice for the learning Luperci. Perhaps it was a bit of an obvious question, given all the scratch marks on the tree, the arrows stuck in nowhere near the center, and the wood chips laying in the grass just below. Sorry, it was hard not to hear your voices… plus I was kind of wondering what you were shooting over and over again.” Lithia stood in the sunlight between the two of them, casting a long shadow over the resting canine’s area.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Form → Lupus ; NPCs → Ichabod, Jason & Rufus (Horses)

The horses stirred first; the men, engaged in conversation and practice, did not notice the approach of the stranger. However, Ichabod was quick to swivel his tall ears at the sound of their shuffling and nock another arrow with practiced swiftness. His aim might have been lacking, but Ichabod had built his bowarm's strength over months of training, and he had a stone arrowhead pointed at the silver-black wolf in a heartbeat. (Whether it would have struck her anywhere lethal when he fired only God knew, but as per her quip it was not a great chance.)

Halt there, wolf! the tawny coyote snarled.

Goliath grumbled low in his throat and rose to his feet, too, but his stature -- while tense and alert, to be certain -- was far more passive than the bristling and confrontational Ichabod. His broken brown tail dangled behind him as he studied the female. Just a tree. Are you armed? Dressed as she was, in tight artificial clothing, Goliath had some doubt she was a combatant -- or at least not one presently on a mission. She resembled no Boreas wolf, at least.

Inferni
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:16 am

(000) ooc text here.

When she was met with a ”Halt there, wolf,” her amicable presence dropped some as she glared at the coyote who aimed his bow at her. Half of her wanted to taunt him into trying to shoot her, so that she could then make fun of him for his shitty aim; the other half wanted to keep it cordial – but some of that venom bled through.

Hybrid,” she corrected darkly. It was not visible in her features, but she was part coyote, too, from her father’s side. A little sniff might’ve told the coyote that, if he had bothered. Oh, wait. He wouldn’t have known from the scent of pine on her fur. Oh well.

Then she turned to the other four-legged coyote, and held out her arms. At her belt, there were two short swords and a dagger. ”I am, but I don’t plan on using them on you two… I had the element of surprise. I could’ve used it, but I didn’t.” She pointed clearly to the weapons she had sheathed on her skirt belt. She lowered her arms, unclipping her canteen for a sip. ”I might have some useful direction for your friend here,” she addressed the four-legged coyote, nodding to Ichabod. ”If you can get past the suspicion that I’m here to kill you both.” She drank, and fastened the canteen back to her belt without offering it to them.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics