Salt of the sea

POSTED: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:52 am

(ooc: Set at Serene Sands. Accompanied by her horse. Open to anyone. :D)

She'd wanted some place close to the ocean so that fish was not as hard to catch as they were inland. The few spots she'd found before this were fresh water but the water was also stagnant, far too still in her opinion to hold much life beneath the surface. The one she'd settled at had a treacherous path, one that she had gently lead Bran through as carefully as she could have, allowing him the momentary free reign of the beach while she went about her business to set up her temporary homestead.

Her camp had been set up for more than a few hours, not quite done but close enough, when the first ray of sunlight cut through the clearing, the smoke of the fire in the midst of her camp sending up a plume of smoke as the young Lykoi fay carefully unwound the rope that had been bound to her bags, hanging from both sides of the horse that stood at the edge of her encampment, head towering above the grass that it nibbled at inconspicuously.

Really, there was no reason to unravel the rope but she did so anyway, carefully bundling it back up around her arm, from elbow to wrist, so that she had a tied circlet by the time she was finished. She threw that in one of her bags before inching in the direction of the makeshift tent she'd set up with use of some of the driftwood and a pelt or two she'd traded for during her route here. It did not take long before camp was completely set up and her work done.

She stalked toward the edge of the land, where the ocean's water gently lapped against the bottom pads of her feet and carefully inched a little further into the water till she was comfortable, grey eyes washing over the sea absentmindedly. She was not tired yet, despite having walked most of the night. She hadn't wanted to stop once she knew she was in the area. This place, already, seemed perfect, despite the lack of company that she usually flourished in. She hoped that with enough interaction with the people close by, she'd be able to make a decision on a new home in the area.
Meridia Lykoi

POSTED: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 am

with a bag full of bones
I know the place you left still won't leave you alone...

Eire didn’t fish; didn’t have a reason to be at the beach other than relaxation and a potential get away from the pack. Each day, she inched up a little closer to where her mother lived. Each day, she thought about what she would say to her, how her lies would go, and whether she’d be caught in them or not. Each day, when she drew the closest to Axelle’s shack in the Colchester Quarter, Eire would meander in a different direction to avoid the difficult lie that she’d have to produce for Axelle.

She wouldn’t admit it, but she was terrified of Axelle. She thought the femme was unpredictable, and Eire didn’t want to have to fight the woman who raised her, who brought her up and trained her, and then cast her out into the world.

Her own sisters – only one of which she had met – were strangers to her. Tzila was right, though. It wasn’t right the way Axelle treated her. So… disassociated. No wonder Eire knew not how to view the world. Though, this was only the tip of the iceberg for the young girl.

In the distance on the beach, she could see a gray figure standing in the surf. Eire had always been friendly, curious, and uninhibited. She didn’t fear strangers – she wanted to talk to them. It was one lesson that Axelle couldn’t drill into her head.

So, ignoring all of Axelle’s warning screaming in her head, she closed the distance between the gray figure and herself. First, she approached the horse with every intention to hold his face in her gentle paws and pet it with long, gentle strokes. If the stallion would allow such close contact with a stranger, Eire would then look past it at its owner. ”I hope you planned for high tide... You wouldn’t want the waves coming in and washing away your things.”

Eventually, she would leave the horse be and stand before the gray-furred female that looked so much like an aunt she would never know.

boop. I join dis <3 (300+)

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 am

Her fingers tangled in the length of dual colored tresses, the steel gray of her eyes locked upon the moving forms of fish she could see from the shore. Back in Portland, they were called dolphins by the people who spent a lot of time in the water. She had never really been brave enough to venture too far out into the waves from the shore. Getting on a boat had been hard enough in order for her to get here in the place she had marked on the map that she'd carried with her so that she could show the shore master when they had picked her up in turn for the trade of food, salt and company. Innocent company. She paused, the feeling of the waves lapping against her legs enough to drawl her attention back to the present and for her gaze to flick over her belongings. She had finished and didn't have much left to do on the front of creating camp.

In her mind's eye, she would be here for a while unless something happened to drive her to one of the packs in the local area.

For someone who had spent a lot of her time inside the local pub, making food for others and listening to the talk of the patrons there, she knew her way around setting things up. It was mostly due to her brothers, and her mother, teaching her how to survive on her own if she ever needed to. She did not notice the approach of the stranger. Not in scent, sound or sight.

It startled her to suddenly hear a voice that wasn't her own, especially so close to Bran who didn't seem bothered by the stranger in the least, after all, normally he would have nipped at them for having the gall to touch him but he didn't move much aside from a few twitches in his face that faded away under the guidance of the woman's hands. It wasn't until a moment later that, that stranger approached her finally.

"I'm far enough away," she answered amicably, crossing her arms over her chest, stepping free of the waves and into the sandy, rocky forefront of the beach which left her paws dirty and sandy aside from the lapping water that chilled her paw's pads every few moments or two. "I didn't hear or smell you approach. The salt of the ocean and the sound of the waves I guess. Please forgive me for being startled. Are you in the area for business or just travel?"
Meridia Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:08 am

with a bag full of bones

The horse jerked its head out of her grasp a few times, but then fell victim to her soothing pets. If there was one thing Eire enjoyed about her time with Axelle, it was caring for Couer. The shire stallion seemed to like her back, if not for her passion of taking care of him. It would be that way when she had a horse to call her own, if that day ever came.

”I’m sorry for scaring you.” She couldn’t ignore the jolt in the woman’s body as she turned around. The waves continued to lap gently at her toes, even as she joined Eire further on shore. ”Just a day trip. I couldn’t ignore your horse on the beach. He looked so kind, and I wasn’t wrong.”

Eire took the moment to look over at the woman’s encampment. With the bags and simple shelter, It was a straightforward little establishment. The woman seemed to have brought enough supplies, however, to last her awhile, which made Eire wonder.

”What are you doing out here? A beach escape? Vacation?” It was not uncommon for Luperci to run from their troubles and set up shop somewhere else for the time being, if not just to get away.

ooc text here (000)

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:40 pm

This was her territory, even though it was unclaimed for the most part by packs in the area and the part of land she'd chosen was relatively uninhabited as far as animals and even other canines went. The girl had a smell to her that Meridia did not recognize, at least at first. It wasn't easy to judge a scent when there were smells there one didn't recognize. Steel grey eyes rested on the girl for a long moment before she finally found her voice. "He's friendly enough till you have something he wants in your hand," Meridia managed with a half-smile, glancing back to her camp. If the other had managed to sneak up on her so easily, she could only guess how easy it might have been for them to steal from her encampment while her back was turned.

Fortunately, nothing seemed missing at a brief glance, other than her own attention on the girl when she spoke once more, a day trip, she heard momentarily before she finally let that stolen attention return itself back to the conversation. She stepped from the water, letting the warmer sand kiss against her feet as she freed herself from the chilled waters of the waves gently beating against the coast so that she could draw nearer to the stranger.

"Actually, I'm new to the area. My mother used to live here, though, I mean... not here here, and I figured I'd give it a shot," she paused then, glancing back to her camp. "This is as far as I've gotten so far but I'm still considering my options." After all, she had found one or two caves along the way that would have made a far safer camp, one that would have kept her out of tide's way in the event of a storm or from the chill of winter if she was still here by then which she hoped and prayed that she wasn't.

"This is just a temporary camp until I find a more permanent fixture."
Meridia Lykoi

POSTED: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:26 am

with a bag full of bones

Eire chuckled at the woman’s words. All horses were kind of like that. Axelle’s horse was. He was pushy, stubborn, the characteristics of his breed undoubtedly. Luckily, she had no food on her today, else the horse might’ve robbed her of her lunch. Patting his head, she stepped away from the steed, to better look over her company. It would seem the woman came from the waves as well, and the two women stood face-to-face now, with some distance in between. Eire was not the shy kind. She didn’t shy away from strangers. She loved talking to new Luperci.

”Where did your mother live?” she asked, taking immediate interest in the young woman’s history. She couldn’t help but feel like the other’s scent carried a bit of familiarity with it. But Eire couldn’t really place it. It was a smell she smelled a lot in Inferni, but it wasn’t Inferni itself. ”I see. You picked a really nice place to set up camp. Right off the beach. You’ll always see a nice sunset here… while the waves will later put you to sleep.” Eire chuckled, just trying to make conversation while one foot sank awkwardly in the sand.

ooc text here (000)

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics