[M] Smile, now you're all set

p. Moon | Halcyon Mtns

POSTED: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

[ 000 ] » I kept it vague bc I wasn't sure if they'd agreed beforehand or if Moon's just going to ask Szenne on the spot. You decide! Also, the date is flexible if it doesn't work for you :) Marked mature for cursing, in case.

There had been a lot on her mind as of lately. She remembered a longtime goal to join a certain pack with a certain enemy – Casa di Cavalieri – but now as her time in the warehouse grew daunting and the idea of joining a pack hung heavier on her shoulders, she didn’t know if she wanted to do it anymore. Could she really trust another group enough to somehow call them her friends, her family? Ronan said he was fine with the idea of joining the group – since they hated slavers and would likely keep them from becoming slaves again, not that Szenne was worried about that aspect. It was calling a new group her ‘family’ that got to her the most.

With these thoughts swirling around in her head, she sat at the base of Halcyon Mountain on a rock, sharpening her dagger. There was a quick, fluid movement of the limestone against the short blade. With a longer blade, the movement may have been slower. Unclipping her canteen – which held no other than whiskey – she took a generous sip. She didn’t particularly see the need to use the dagger anytime soon, given that things fell into place, but now was as good of a time as ever to sharpen her blade.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Moon Moon
I want to hold you close
Soft breasts, beating heart

How lucky was she? Having tricked that merchant out of his treasure map for two scrawny, dead hares. Moon Moon played golf with those kinds of creatures, they were the easiest game in the world for her. But for some reason, that merchant thought it was a fair trade… in fact, he probably thought he got the better end of the deal. That was laughable! Moon chortled out loud at the thought as she held the map up, staring at it.

Upon the old paper were a lot of symbols that didn’t make any sense, but Moon was used to that. Although she could read, sometimes letters didn’t make any sense to her. When those things happened, she knew she just had to wait for her mind to wake up – for her “bad” mental day to be over and for her “good” day to come on, and she would understand it again. She knew she went in and out of bad and good days, her family told her so. Sometimes they had to keep a close watch on her so she didn’t hurt herself, and other times she was fine to be alone. Like now.

So if she was okay alone now, that meant her brain was working so… Why can’t I read any of this? She muttered to herself, cocking her head. Well, the truth of it was that the map was all marked up with the maker’s personal symbols, clearly done so so someone else who might happen upon the map could not easily go find the treasure. Hmm… she decided it would make more sense once she was closer to the mountains. Maybe the symbols were pictures, landmarks that she could match it up to once she was there.

In truth, there was no reason for Moon to even expect the treasure to be in the Halcyon Mointains. Nothing on the paper had indicated such. But those were the closest mountains, so, why would somebody draw a map of mountains far away? That didn’t make any sense.

The small Damaichu wolf carried her usual backpack with her, though its contents were different today. She had with her all the things she expected to need for treasure hunting; like rope, a lantern (but no flint), a hand-sized spade, and a rock to put in place of the treasure she would take because… what?

And of course she had her faithful Kiss Me swinging idly at her side.

The woman was humming to herself when she stepped out of the trees and into the small clearing just at the foot of the mountains. That’s when she stopped suddenly, seeing a woman standing there with long, pretty brown hair and light fur. Maybe she is here to steal the treasure… one of Moon’s invisible friends whispered to her, but she shrugged at that. How can she steal tha treasure if she ain’t got tha map? No answer came from her invisible ally.

As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart

Template by Revo Modifications by Nukii

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 pm

[ 000 ] » ooc text here

Every few strokes, Szenne stopped to check the sharpness of the blade on her thumb pad… but it wasn’t until recently that the blade began cutting into her skin without very much pressure. She was getting closer. Close enough to where one weak, awkward slice might end another’s life – and that’s what she wanted. As little effort as possible.

There was humming in the trees surrounding her, and Szenne looked up to find a white-furred woman snaking slowly through the trees. She considered the likeliness of needing the knife, and figured she wouldn’t make a move until absolutely necessary. Breaching the clearing, the woman seemed to be regarding some invisible being over her shoulder. Szenne watched, listening, and picking up words about a map and treasure.

Szenne knew little about treasure. The only treasure she had found was trapped between bolted down cabinets in Halifax. That was a rare occurrence, but the only kind of treasure she had encountered. Oh, that and the loot they stole from Anathema’s lands before they moved on in. But that was all lost to other scavengers when they were taken in…

”Ya goin hikin or somethin?” Szenne questioned, absorbing the woman’s look – the rope and outfit screamed a day up in the mountains for her, but the bat told a different story. Daggers were much quicker. She sheathed the dagger at her belt and put the limestone in one of her pouched, then leaned forward with all her attention on the woman. ”What was this I heard about treasure?”

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 am

Moon Moon
I want to hold you close
Soft breasts, beating heart

See, told’ja! she proclaimed. She don’t know anythin’ about tha treasure. She said in a very ‘I told you so’ tone over her shoulder. Again, her invisible friend in her head did not reply. Moon figured its tail was tucked between its legs, having been proved wrong. At least it wasn’t Kiss Me who was arguing with her this time. She looked down at the bat in her hand, and swung it up over her shoulder and patted it lovingly with the over palm. The move was clearly just to rest the weapon, not to raise it in offense.

Her tail twitched once, twice, happy that the woman was talking to her, and nicely. She grinned from ear to ear and approached the woman, pulling the map out from where it was tucked in her belt. It was folded messily, and she did not open it yet.

Yep! Sure am! she exclaimed, glancing up at the mountains. Just lookin’ fer a way to start up. Ya see, I swindled this treasure map off a stupid merchant who was too chicken ta go after it! She giggled – the high pitched, quick sound that gave away her madness.

Placing Kiss Me on the ground between her feet, she proceeded to unfold the map to show it to Szenne. There were markings that clearly indicated mountains, and trees at the base, and a winding trail up up up. The starting point on the map indicated a rock formation that looked somewhat like a teddy bear. The whole map was constructed of landmarks like that, and then other more obscure symbols and meanings.

See! I ain’t sure exactly what’s buried there, but I’m sure it’ll make me rich! she laughed again, this time a little more coolly. She turned the map so she could see it now, and tilted her head. Got what I need ta go up, but, she paused, rubbing her chin with one hand, the map crinkled and bent in the other. Well, I’m havin’ a little trouble understanding what it all means. Figure I’ll know ‘em when I see ‘em, though. D’you uh… do ya know where those rocks might be? she asked, jabbing her index finger at the starting point and almost tearing a hole in the map in the process.

As I whisper in your ear
I want to fucking tear you apart

Template by Revo Modifications by Nukii

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

POSTED: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 am

[ 000 ] » ooc text here

Szenne narrowed her eyes as the other woman turned to talk to no one over her shoulder; though, she fixed her face before she turned back around. This was clue number one that hinted towards Szenne never really finding company that was right in the head. Szenne was silent while the female continued on about the map, though Szenne straightened on the rock, sitting more upright than before.

”My kinda girl,” Szenne smiled, liking where this was going. So, she was a swindler? If so, then she was the kind of company Szenne liked to keep. It just was a bummer that she seemed a liitle… unhinged. Luckily, it didn’t seem like the same kind as Charlie had… so maybe Szenne could deal with the girl for a little while.

The bandit woman, again, leaned forward on the rock to take a look at the map that was being shown to her. She made to grasp the other edges of the paper, to keep them steady while she memorized the rest of the page. There were crude symbols that weren’t all that clear at a glance, but if the other would allow her more time to stare at the images, Szenne could probably figure it out. Mmm… she nodded, sitting back to look up at the woman again. ”Yeah, I know where that is. It’s at the top of the mountain,” she lied, suddenly feeling like going for a hike for something that could potentially get her rich. If she could memorize the map and then lose the woman in the woods, this’ll be a huge come-up.

Sammiie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:06 pm

Moon Moon Damaichu
Word Count → 310 :: Out of Character text

The tawny woman mumbled something that made Moon smile, because it seemed like a compliment. Then her buff hand reached out to hold the map steady as both women looked it over. Before long, the stranger proclaimed that the formation Moon pointed out was at the top of the mountain. Moon Moon's aqua eyes turned upward, brows arched and head cocked in curiosity. Then, her dubious gaze turned back to the golden stare of the other woman – all the while she was completely oblivious to the fact that the ex-slave was trying to memorize the trail marked on the map.

Seems like a funny place ta start a map, she said, balking at the prospect. She peered around at the rocks near them, then shrugged. But ya must be right cuz I don't see 'em anywhere down here. What kinda dummy starts a map at tha top of a mountain? Dont'cha needa know what part at tha top ta get to in tha first place? She shook her head, and then plucking the one end of the map from Szenne's hand lest it tear, and then aimed herself toward the nearest hiking path. Despite all her questioning of the absurd notion, she seemed perfectly ready to lumber on up the side of the rocks to the top, to start the treasure hunt.

Folding the map messily, she began to pad away, twisting her neck to peer at her newly recruited companion. So my name's Moon Moon, she said, then patted the baseball bat amongst her things. And this be Kiss Me, my best friend. Who're you?

She wasn't walking on the path for long before she had a stroke of luck, and noticed a great, dark, gaping maw off the path to her right. Wait a minute, she said halting and jabbing her finger toward the cave. Don't that look like this? She unfolded the map again – upside down this time – and pointed to a funny looking mass that could indicate rock, could indicate something else entirely. It vaguely represented the shape of a hare, and so did the rock that made up the mouth of the cave. Moon ran toward the threshold but stopped before entering the damp cavern, eyes working to pierce the darkness like she could suddenly activate some latent superpower. Maybe... tha treasure's in there?

Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows coming from my ass

Template by Kitty, image by PoofPoof (FA).

Mistfell Vale
Whalstray (NPC)
☠ Nukiira ☠
off the deep end

POSTED: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:29 am

[ 000 ] » ooc text here

”Well, there’s only one way up. Once ya get there, it all comes togetha,” Szenne said, getting up off of the rock and stretching in place. It would be quite a hike up the mountain. Szenne wondered why the girl would take a bat to a hiking trip. Perhaps a knife or maybe just making it with tooth and claw might’ve been smarter. The heavy wood would weigh her down. ”Ya ready to go or what?”

The two of them began walking towards the mountain, taking the flattest, walkable path up the sloping sides. The other woman turned back towards her and introduced herself. ”Szenne.” Her eyes travelled from the white face and green-tipped hair to the grizzly, crimson-stained wood of the barbed wire bat. Szenne nodded, but was not intimidated. It required a little muscle to swing a bat lethally – and Moon Moon didn’t seem very jacked in the muscle department.

Moon Moon… What a stupid name!

The two females hadn’t walked up the mountain too long before Moon Moon spotted something familiar. The hare-looking cave didn’t strike Szenne as familiar, but maybe that just meant she didn’t get to study the map long enough. ”Lemme see the map. If the treasure’s that easy to find, then there definitely ain’t no treasure left in there.” Szenne stretched her hand out for the piece of paper, to have a better look. Perhaps the cave was an indicator for them being on the right path, but if a Luperci didn’t even have to walk a mile to find the cave, there definitely wasn’t shit left in there.

Sammiie
Luperci

Dead Topics