Please tell us why you had to hide away for so long

For Neith

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:26 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

What had they sunken down to? Inferni was meant to be this great clan.. filled with so many great members.. so many that Faith had been able to get to know over the time she had been born and grown up here. Now they were at war. It wasn't the first time from what her mother had told her, speaking briefly on the war with the Court that lived further south from them. But why? Why were they the ones causing the attacks on the other pack? Salsola was it? Why were they raiding their supplies? Was it so hard to believe that there may be a more peaceful means to dealing with all of this as opposed to fighting and killing? Her mother would have wanted it that way, so why couldn't she?

And now they had prisoners.

One of them was one of their own.. or at least previously been. The robed girl once recalled asking her father where their older sister had gone to. Crucifix had explained she was Basilio's daughter, but from another mother.. much in the same sense that her younger sister was the same mother but different fathers. Even so, why should that have mattered? Helena was.. is her sister. And now she was Inferni's prisoner. She had left.. and joined Salsola.

But, rumor had it there was one more prisoner along with her. That was who Faith was going to visit this day. The caverns.. that's was the place. Before slipping out of the mansion, she had taken a stop by their storage room, having picked up a couple pieces of spare meat. Surely the Aquila wouldn't want them to starve.. and if she did then this young clan member was not going to allow it. Her paws carried her across the ground, making her way to the caverns until she came to where he was. Of course there had to be someone watching him, though she offered to take their place for now. She stepped closer, cautiously in her unarmed state, "You came with Helena.. right? You're from Salsola.."

I tried to keep it vague. Let me know if I need to change anything. +300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm

When he looked up, he found a meek, robed girl, and he stared long and hard at her. He had seen the coyotes of Inferni wage two wars; he had seen them with bows and arrows, with fangs and claws and mouthfuls of blood. The young woman who approached him now did not fit his collective image of them. She hadn’t the fire in her eyes, nor the walk of the sort who attacked children to set example. Like Briarblack, he supposed. Funny, how much more presence their violent clanmen had. How much louder they could be.

Neith did not dwell on it long.

“No, not with Helena. With the pup.” By the conversations of the guards, the young Heiwa had pieced together his fellow Salsolan’s presence days ago. Seated on the ground, he breathed in deep and leaned back, regarding her. He asked flatly, “What can I do for you?”

whose eyes you gonna use?

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Faith looked him over. His light gray pelt contrasted those of the dark browns that were seen along some of the other parts of his body. His clothing was rather nice, although ruined now from the events that had transgressed not too long before his arrival. He seemed a bit.. confused by her, but then again that wasn't anything new. Must have been stupid from his point of view.. coming to a prisoner without some means of a weapon to defend herself should he try to make his escape. She didn't think he would.. and even if he did.. everyone in the clan would probably want him killed. She couldn't allow that.

So he had not come with her sister. That was different. Who was this pup though? Were there more members of Salsola hidden within Inferni's walls? The robed woman dared a few steps before she lowered herself down towards the ground, "If you don't mind me asking.. which 'pup' are you refering to?" It was liking a mocking name for one of Inferni's other members, one that had to be at the battle he had participated in. No ordinary pup would be wanted or allowed near such a thing.

Her head moved slowly to the side, noticing his hands were tied. Safety measure of course. It would look terrible on her if she were to remove them. Instead, she sighed, laying out her gift in his view, in case he had not noticed it, "I.. thought you might be hungry. The others might not want to take care of you, but.. I just wanted to talk.. if that's alright.." Obviously he could turn down the meal, seeing as it would be more trouble for her given the manner of feeding, but she prayed he wouldn't just turn her away either.

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:19 pm

“Little light thing,” he replied. “One of your women is nursing him, I don’t know her name. Gray, dark hair. Red star necklace.”

Unnerving, too. The woman had thought little of his wounded nephew because they were Salsolan, yet nursed the Salsolan pup she held captive from his home. Unnerving, thought Neith.

The man watched her stiffly as she lowered herself to his level and presented a gift—food, meat, in modest wrapping. His stomach growled at the sight of it, and the hood of his eyes lifted, but he did not move. Pride outweighed all instinct to leap on the offering, and instead he shifted in the binds behind his back and sighed, calculating his approach.

“Well. That’s very kind of you, thank you,” he said, smiling briefly. He hunched, determining whether he could eat in seated position with his hands unavailable, and decided not. He sat up. “But if you’re looking for secrets, I don’t have any.”

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:53 pm

The pup was unknown to her, but the woman he described who was nursing it was not. By the description given to her, it sounded like he was refering to Vicira. The Aquila's own daughter was taking care of a pup from Salsola? Was Vesper aware of that fact? If not, then it would be for the best to have things stay that way. With her mind set, there was no telling what she might do. There was no telling what she was even doing to the prisoners that were here and could actually fight back. From what she could see, there were no injuries on the man sitting before her, but that could easily change by one motion.

The male had relaxed it seemed, and she could hear the sound of his stomach as she offered him the food. She wasn't going to turn him down from that. The following statement made her frown. Secrets.. of course.. what use were prisoners to anyone in a time of war? To gain the upper hand.. learn what the enemy knew and make counter measures. Her head lowered, shaking it slightly, "No.. nothing like that.. I'm not interested in learning about them.. even though the Aquila would tell me otherwise." She dared to scoot closer to him, "I honestly just want to talk."

Guess even in Salsola their minds were on the same prize, fighting against each other. Was there not even anyone there that wanted to try and make some kind of peace with one another? Was she all alone? In the meantime, her hands moved down to the meat, doing her best to tear off pieces to offer to him. It would be easier for him this way, "Maybe we can.. start off with names? I am Faith de le Poer." Too trusting of the enemy? No, he was no enemy right now.

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:13 pm

She didn’t want secrets. Neith studied her, humorless, and didn't argue. He maintained his guard and would watch his words just the same. His loyalties to Salsola wavered for certain, but he knew well the disaster that awaited him should he breathe their secrets to the open wind.

Introduced as Faith, the young woman tore pieces of food and offered them to him, but the Heiwa did not move. He was not a child. He did not need to be fed. Neither would hunger possess him to point of crawling around or groveling, or at least, not while she was still around to watch.

Instead, Neith cleared his throat. “If you’d kindly remove these binds, I could feed myself. I don’t intend to hurt you. My shoulders are sore enough, I doubt that I could.” He sighed. “You may call me Rust, and if you would like to talk, I don’t suppose I have much option than to sit here and talk back. But please, let me go first.”

Prideful, he squared his shoulders and visibly glanced over her robes—hideous and clashing, he nearly said aloud. “Do these clothes have a purpose?” What was more docile of Inferni up to, wearing such bizarre garb among their feral kin?

Neith Heiwa: putting the "priss" in "prisoner"

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:58 pm

Faith didn't doubt that the man knew how to feed himself, but he was still a prisoner. The Aquila was sure to repremand her if she allowed the male to escape. He needed to be bound, thus not risking anything, and she would be able to feed him. What was to say if she removed the bindings around his wrists that he wouldn't try to over power her. He claimed he did not intend to harm her, but how could she believe that? Was there something she might be able to do? Maybe take the time to get another guard? There was just too much at stake for her to do such a thing.

The robed woman set the meat down on the ground before she stood up, brushing her clothing off, "I'll be back in just a moment.." She knew it must have been cruel, leaving the food in front of him while he was restrained and now she was gone. This just had to be safe for her.

Once another clan member agreed to take up position at the entrance, she returned, "I'm sorry for making you wait Rust." Faith took in a deep breath before she stepped back over to him, undoing the bindings behind his back. Giving him a moment to adjust, she gave him the space he needed before pushing the wrapped meat in his direction, "I do apologize if it is not to your liking." Everyone's tastes was different, so who knew what this male would like.

The Civilis relaxed on her knees, giving her robes a good look over before her hands rested along her legs, "I suppose not in terms of for the clan. It's just that, my family is strong in our faith to the Lord. I guess it was just sort of fitting for me." Her posture relaxed, feeling more comfortable now that they were just talking with one another. This was all she ever wanted. Maybe.. if he wouldn't give secrets, would he tell her at least what Salsola was like? How did they function? Vesper had made her claims when she brought all of the clan together.. the meeting where she declared war. Was what she said true? She turned her blue-green gaze on Rust, "Can I ask you about Salsola? Not anything secret just.. what's pack life like?"

+400 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:08 am

Faith stepped away, returned, and undid his binds. In that span Neith said nothing, and remained still as she pulled apart the ropes. When freed, Neith moved with a hiss and a grimace as his wounded shoulder—stuck in a position not ideal for healing—was forced to shift for the first time in days. Scowling, the Heiwa rolled sore limbs and back and neck, as much as his bad shoulder enabled him to, and rubbed at his wrists.

“Thank you,” he said, and made a point of sincerity by connecting their eyes. Hunger stifled any lingering worries of poison and sabotage, and Neith picked at her offering of food daintily, or as daintily as one could maintain with a ravenous stomach. It wasn’t bad, and the taste gave him no reason for pause.

Faith connected her robes to her, well, faith. He was satisfied with the answer, or rather, did not explore it as thoroughly as he might have without distraction by food. “I see. There are those where I come from who do the same.” A little more gaudy, what with their show and rituals, but just the same in his eyes.

“It is reserved,” Neith replied, in a short, safe, and concise description of Salsola. “The people live in homes and keep horses and pets, and most born there do not leave. We’ve warriors and non-warriors. Same as your clan in most ways, I suspect, but I know just as little about you and yours.”

Recalling his words to Ondine, Neith raised his eyes to Faith and visibly awaited an explanation of her own.

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

POSTED: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:29 pm

So far so good. Faith had removed his binds, but he made no moves against her, nor did he reach for his other bindings. Still.. she had to be cautious. In a situation like this, she couldn't help but cling onto the feeling. If he were to escape.. it would be her own fault for letting him go. Would it matter that the guard wouldn't be able to stop him and then he managed to get away? In a bit, but it would have been on her first choice to let him go on the pretence that he was just going to eat. No worries for the time being though. He was cooperating with her. He even thanked her, which brought a smile to her face.

The robed woman was proud of her clothing. She followed the ways of the Lord with her life, and this was just another show of her faith, much like the cross she wore upon her forehead. Still, Rust claimed that there were those in Salsola who did the same. Did this mean that there were members of this pack that also followed the Lord? Perhaps he was refering to some other religion? Her hands moved to her lap, but her smile didn't fade, "I see. Does the Lord have a presence in Salsola? If not, who do these members worship?" There was nothing in the Lord's code that said she couldn't learn about these other forms of worship.

So this pack was not much different from Inferni, at least in some regards. There had to be some differences, but he was not going to share them. Faith didn't want to have to pry after she said she wanted no secrets, but she still had a back up question. Before that, he was waiting to hear about her own home, "Inferni members are like that as well, except.. well coyotes. Salsola is probably welcome to all kinds of luperci isn't it?"

Finally the smile she wore on her face faded. The robed girl's ears lowered as her blue-green gaze focused on the gray male before her, "The Aquila said Salsola keeps slaves. Is that true?"

+300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:43 pm

“The Lord?” The Lord Commander? Something else? “I don’t follow. My sister has spoken of a few, I think. I’m not involved.”

Truthfully, Neith was one of the worst of Salsolans to ask. His was not a personality that functioned well on faith alone. Perhaps it was a subconscious and crippling self-doubt, or perhaps it was a product of his upbringing and experiences, but Neith sought out and preferred what was tangible and concrete. Muscle. Bones. Nature. Books. With Elphaba, Loki, and his late mother in mind Neith added, “We are a place of many beliefs, I suppose.” He’d never thought about it.

Well, coyotes, she said. Coyotes and primitives, he added in his mind. “I can’t think of anyone who prefers not to dress and stand up straight,” Neith replied, haughty.

The Heiwa knew what was to follow when her eyes turned downcast and her smile faded. Slaves. He inhaled slow and long, and allowed himself time to calculate his reply while he picked at the meal Faith had offered. He straightened his back and asked instead, “What difference would it make to you whether I said yes or no?”

Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static
THE GOOD DOCTOR

Dead Topics