Ain't gonna play nice, watch out, you might just go under

Galilee

POSTED: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Optime | Ethereal Eclipse; Mid-day | cNPC: Mako; NPCs: Apollo, Whiskey (+732)

Training thread.

The man was more tolerable than most Luperci she had dealt with. Mako could fight decently enough, and needed no help from her to get what he needed as far as getting around the pack or for supplies. A self-sufficient individual capable of doing his own thing. It was why Teagan had allowed for his company beyond the pack’s borders. Albeit annoying in his antics sometimes, he seemed perfectly capable of handling whatever Stryder-like remark or action she threw at him.

Her apprentice, Minerva, had been given the day off. Though relatively meek, the Griffith child worked decently enough for Teagan’s liking to earn the Reticent some free time to do as she pleased. And, with the Junior Cadet released from training, it meant that, Teagan too, had a day to do as she wanted. She’d gone southwest, venturing deep into the Ethereal Eclipse to do some exploring. It had been quite a while since she had ventured through the area, and she sought to remedy this before the first snowfall.

Mako had joined her for the venture, having to do a bit of business that way anyways. He was a skilled trapper, and what prizes he brought back, Isaac took the meat portions while the wolfdog took the pelts. She had seen his handiwork in leather-making first hand, and, so, aside from exploring, she had been curious to see the process start to finish.

The Cavalier duo had spent the better half of the morning wandering here and there, and, already, a fine bounty could be seen attached to Whiskey and Apollo’s saddles. Most were rabbits and other smaller, lesser animals, however, there were a few more exotic types, such as a raccoon and a fox. The snares and other interesting traps Mako had used had proven quite effective, and, by mid-day, the pair had decided to take a break from trap-checking.

Instead of relaxing though, the Cavaliers ended up getting involved in a friendly spar. The horses stood nearby, idly foraging in the good-sized clearing the Cavalier pair had found. They paid no mind to the commotion of their riders, content to simply eat after a morning of work. Sounds of exertion, limb hitting limb, and bodies being thrown echoed out into the surrounding wood.

Teagan traded her larger partner blow for blow; punching, kicking, tossing, dodging. An ever-moving target, the Officer didn’t make a getting one up on her easy for her harder-hitting opponent. He seemed to enjoy the challenge though, an amused smirk held tightly on his lips as he equally weaved between her strikes and dished out his own. At one point, Mako managed to land a soft swing of a shin into her ribs, causing the Stryder to briefly stumble.

When he followed through with a punch that would have been aimed for her head, Teagan used the momentum from her stumble to tuck and roll. As she came to right herself, she planted her hands and swung out with a sweeping leg. Her shin caught Mako behind his knees, causing him to crumble as his base was thrown out from beneath him. His back met the ground, the air effectively knocked from his lungs.

Panting, Teagan stood above him, planting one foot onto his chest in victory. Beneath her, Mako simply laid where he had fallen, he too, trying to catch his breath. “Got you,” she declared between pants. “We’re one to one.”

Mako let out a breathless chuckle, not bothering to move or remove her foot. “I was…tired,” he explained.

“Don’t be a sore loser, Mako,” Teagan chastised, taking her foot off and standing up a little straighter. One of her hands rested on her hip while the other tucked a stray strand of hair back into place.

He waved a dismissive hand at her, content to catch his breath and energy where he lay on the grassy ground. “Knights…something something…something…lecture,” he grumbled mockingly. It earned soft kick into his side. The Ridley laughed, flinching from the playful-not-so-playful act of retaliation. “Abuse! Didn’t your…mother…say not to…kick a man while he’s…down?!”

”I don’t see a man here,” she deadpanned with a scowl.

Behind them, one of the horses made a noise as they saw someone approach.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm so slow, sorry! D;

The horse's snort twitched Galilee's ears and twisted her mouth into a bashful smile as she crept out of the undergrowth.

The girl hadn't meant to spy, not really. She roamed Ethereal Eclipse on a regular basis, especially now that Skoll had loosened the paternal shackles. Aspiring military herself, she felt it was important to know the lay of the land and keep an eye out for potential danger -- even if at this stage she'd promised to let an adult know if she spotted any such thing.

So when she'd heard the sounds of a scuffle in the woods, she'd investigated.

What she came across was undoubtedly a friendly spar. Galilee had witnessed and participated in enough of these to tell. The scent of Casa di Cavalieri -- as had been pointed out by her father before -- also piqued her interest. She thought little of stopping to watch allies train.

At least, not until the horse noticed her. Once that happened, the Luperci were sure to look her way too, and Lee wanted to announce herself before they drew bad conclusions. Grinning sheepishly, pushing her bangs out of her face as her strawberry blonde ponytail swung behind her, she stepped into the light.

Hey, Galilee woofed, wagging her tail. That looked real fun.

cut my own gills with a pocket knife

Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!
seekin' thrills, gettin' bitey

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:20 pm

(+312)

The alert caused both Cavaliers to sober up a little, their heads turning in unison towards the direction of the horses, and then to the rustle of forest foliage parting. It was a younger female, her fur a pretty shade of gold and auburn, and her eyes a vibrant color of summer green. Teagan took a few inquisitive sniffs at her, her tense muscles relaxing a bit at the familiar scent of the Court on her. Mako sat up on his elbows, however, he went off Teagan’s lead in how to react to the stranger finding them. And when she failed to show any hostility, the Recruit decided that the girl wasn’t a threat to them.

Her demeanor and grin definitely put forth a friendly individual.

“Oh, yeah, real fun,” Mako consented with a hint of sarcasm. “I just had my ass handed to me.” He sent a fake, scowling look up at Teagan.

Teagan flicked an ear at him, but chose to keep her attention on the new arrival. “Please, feel free to ignore his whining,” she stated with an irritated sigh. Her canary eyes swept over the other woman with a bit of interest. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Courtier out and about.” It wasn’t like she had gone looking for them though. “I’m Teagan Stryder, and the sore loser at my feet is Makoto Ridley.”

“We’re knights of Casa di Cavalieri,” Mako added as he rolled to his feet. He shook out his fur to free it of the leaflitter and dirt that might have collected on it from where he had been thrown. “Do you know how to fight?”

She gave him a sharp look out of the corner of her eye. “Mako—”

“M’lady here is a pretty good fighter if you want to test your skills?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Fortunately, the pair of Cavaliers did not seem bothered by her intrusion; the male immediately piped up with a sarcastic remark that made Lee snicker. When the slightly older woman glanced at her, she couldn’t wipe the sloppy grin off her face.

“That’s surprising,”
she said, looking around at the woods. “My dad and I, we’re always roaming, so I feel like we run into everybody.” Perhaps the other Courtiers were homebodies, but that couldn’t be said for Skoll and his daughter — their wanderlust was perhaps unmatched in the pack. The girl sketched a shallow, playful bow. “I’m Galilee Haskel.”

Just then the male got to his feet, asking Lee directly if she knew how to fight and offering up Teagan as a sparring partner, and the Seigneur’s grin broadened. “A little,” she said. “What, you don’t wanna fight me yourself?” She stepped closer with an arrogant tilt of her head, but her tail continued to wag happily and her crinkled eyes proved her friendly intentions.

Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:06 am

(+241)

Teagan still thinks insulting things about Skoll even after all this time xD

Her ears pricked at the girl’s surname. Haskel?” Teagan asked, canary eyes narrowing by a fraction at the familiar ring that the name rung in her brain. From the ground, Mako gave her a questioning look to her newfound interest in the Courtier. “You wouldn’t happen to be related to…Skoll, would you?”

She had a few other adjectives that her mind thought to apply to the jerk’s name, however, her maturity allowed her to hold her tongue before the girl. She didn’t want to insult Galilee by calling her possible relative—father, Fenris, that was horrible thought to think of what woman in their right mind would want to have…relations with that bastard—by unsavory titles.

To the girl’s jab, Mako stepped back and grinned—one much smaller than the shark-teeth one that the golden girl had though. He bowed theatrically from the waist. “I am a ‘sore loser’ as m’lady says, and would like to limit my losing streak to only once today.” He righted himself and stepped back further, leaving the women room to spar if things were to come down to it. “My pride can only take so much defeat.”

Teagan let out a sharp exhale and rolled her eyes, minutely shaking her head at the Recruit’s antics. Turning her attention to the Courtier, the Stryder asked as she brought her hands up. “How much do you know?”

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:57 pm

[360]

Teagan narrowed her eyes and repeated her surname, and Galilee bit her lip with suppressed amusement as she anticipated the question that would follow. “Yep!” she replied, and herself squinted as her tail wagged mischievously behind her. “You know, people say I take after him. I’m obligated to warn you.” She chuckled and let her ears dip a little, belying her confidence.

Skoll had a big personality, and he got into a lot of fights. People knew him, and they formed strong opinions about him; that was just how things were. Lee was used to hearing jabs made at her father, though they were usually friendly and she had no problem chiming in if they didn’t strike a particularly sore spot, but that was usually in the Court. Outside of it, she worried a little bit. She thought the world of her father, but she could see Skoll saying or doing something to offend the strong lady before her.

She didn’t want Teagan to dislike her on account of who her dad was.

Mako, meanwhile, didn’t seem to have any reservations. He bowed and joked about his losing streak as he moved back to give the women room, and Teagan asked Galilee about what she knew.

“My dad taught me a lot,” the pumpkin-colored wolfdog answered honestly, “and some others in the Court have shown me things, but I’ve not been in a really real fight yet.” She itched to gain some experience to that end, but the last time she’d scrapped with a peer in the woods, she’d – well, she would have won if that coydog punk hadn’t stepped in, but it hadn’t been fun.

She got into a fighting stance, her legs just far apart enough to ground her, while she sheathed and unsheathed her claws restlessly. Her green eyes focused on Teagan and at the same time searched for any minute movement. Skoll had a habit of starting their spars without warning, sometimes even lunging for her as he was finishing his last instruction, and she wouldn’t put this dirty trick past anyone as a result.

Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:00 pm

(+504)

Feel free to PP them trading blows while they talk xD

The girl—Galilee—owned up to her bloodkin eagerly enough, though, it appeared as if the young Courtier was not as confident or proud about her claim as she made herself out to be. Hmm…interesting. While Teagan could definitely see Skoll in the adolescent’s physical appearance and some of her antics thus far, the Stryder had yet to see the arrogance or dumb-hero-ness that Galilee’s father often displayed. That should have been something to be proud of, but, perhaps the girl had other reasons to feel the way she did with her declaration.

In the end, the Cavalier decided to try to keep the conversation light. After all, it would make things awkward to go into a spar with the Courtier if the adolescent had some weird internalized issue about being compared to her father. “Should I be on the lookout for a damsel to be rescued then?” The warrior princess smirked instead. It was Skoll’s calling, like he had a sixth sense for it. Her eyes flicked to Mako then as she realized something, and she exaggerated a scowled. “Or, nevermind. It seems you’ve already done just that.”

Mako made an indignant face as he realized the implication of her words. “Oi!”

Teagan cracked a feral grin at her successful tease, turning her attention away to refocus on the golden-pelted female before her. To Galilee’s confession of her skills in fighting thus far, Teagan nodded, making a mental note to not go full force on the Courtier during their bout. The last thing she wanted to do was discourage the young fighter, or, worse, appear arrogant with their different fighting experiences. A teacher knew how to put enough difficulty into a spar to help the student learn, a showoff merely beat their opponent senseless to boost their own pride in their prowess. There was no pride to be had in such a situation.

“Hopefully, you won’t ever have to,” Teagan commented. While she was good at it, Teagan had never enjoyed the fights she had been in. “Real” fights often meant a sense of danger, and most of Teagan’s had either been fighting for her own life or protecting someone else’s. “Sparring is the only way to ensure you’re ready though when the time comes,” she said with a smirk. Spars, she liked.

When Galilee had gotten into her fighting stance, Teagan moved. Her hips pivoted as her feet followed through with an opening punch aimed for the Courtier’s shoulder. It was a testing blow, one to see how good the girl’s reflexes were while also making sure she was as ready as she had looked. It lacked power and the speed in which she had used previously on Mako. An assessment stage, and once Skoll’s daughter could prove her level of experience, Teagan would up the ferocity of the bout.

“Who else fights? I’ve met Linden, and a woman named Rio when I was younger.”

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:21 am

Will do! Let me know if I need to change anything.

Her eyes brightened at mention of rescuing damsels, making it clear she liked the sound of the idea, but then she snickered at Mako's offended shout. She seemed to relax a little bit more, glad that Skoll hadn't made such a bad impression as to make Teagan lecture or drive his daughter away.

Galilee tipped her head to flick her bangs out of her eyes. She should probably consider avoiding battle fortunate, but she was still young and caught up in the glory of Skoll's stories -- even the ones that others might consider bad. What was losing an eye to protect one's romantic interest, for example? She thought little of Teagan's warning. True strife had yet to come to the Court in her lifetime.

It would be there soon enough, but for now, in these woods, she felt energized and ready to spar with a stranger without any of the pressure.

Teagan's hand shot out to jab at her with a punch, and Galilee -- who had been watching her carefully -- easily dodged to avoid the blow. She followed this up with a punch of her own, aiming to hit any flesh exposed as Teagan stretched out, but didn't stop to see if this had landed before she was shuffling back to create more space.

Swords, yeah, Galilee said. She danced back out of Teagan's reach, then started to jog in a semi-circle in search for an opening. Shiloh teaches me some; she uses staffs. She's from Vinátta. She grunted and tried to shrug off a blow when the act of walking and talking distracted her from Teagan's quick approach, but she was quick to swipe at the woman. Her claws were sheathed, but she tried to rake at her face as if to slash her. Then -- fall back. Make space. Chat while she was not right up near the lady, that was dumb.

Oof.

Shiloh's daughter Thyri uses an axe too, she's so cool! Galilee grinned and bounced on her toes, then rushed in. This time she used her long arm and tried to grab at Teagan's, hoping to haul her closer so she could bite -- gently enough. She didn't know if Teagan would see that coming or not; Lee was used to a feral style even on two legs, but sometimes hand-to-hand combatants forgot that they had teeth and claws. Skoll had taught her to bite chunks out of anybody she could.

Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:18 am

(+449)

All looks good<33

The girl dodged the punch, marking one point in her favor from the Stryder. However, it didn’t stop there. Galilee struck out, returning the shot. Her fist skimmed across the top of Teagan’s forearm, taking advantage of the limb being within her range and out of Teagan’s own to defend it. Another point towards upping the level of their spar. She was even cognizant enough to bring herself out of range before Teagan could return the volley. Good, good. It seemed the Court—or at least Skoll—had trained the girl decently enough.

“Point for Galilee,” Mako chimed, apparently having taken it upon himself to tally them.

Galilee circled her then, and Teagan made sure to keep the Haskel daughter within her sights. The Courtier mentioned swords, likely making the connection to Linden and Rio, with whom seemed to prefer the weapon type. A name was mentioned—someone named “Shiloh”—that Teagan didn’t recognize, though, then again, the Cavalier had not visited the Court in some time. The summer months, with her younger brother and his Coutier friend, she believed, was the last time she had gone to Galilee’s home or seen one of its people.

“Vinátta? Don’t believe I’ve met one of them,” she commented. Heard about them, yes, but, had never formally interacted with the disbanded pack. “One of my old packmates had a girlfriend in their leader though.” Tristan and…Izzy? Izria? Something like that.

As the girl jogged, Teagan struck out once more, this time, catching the younger woman.

“Point for Teagan.”

Like before though, Galilee did not tarry, she was on the move again. Movement out of the corner of her eye alerted the Stryder to the teen’s hand in motion. The warrior princess jerked her head back and out of range, the, what would have been, slashing move catching little more than the air between them.

The pair of them fell back, putting distance between themselves.

At the mention of axes, Mako perked up. His preferred weapon was an axe and shield. “Oh?”

“Perhaps she and Mako could have a go at one another then.”

Galilee broke her pattern, going in for a second attack. Teagan had her hands up, ready to defend herself, however, this one was…new for Teagan. The girl reached out, snatching one of the Cavalier’s arm and pulling them together. It wouldn’t be good, whatever reason for it, and, with her free arm, Teagan sought to disengage them with a downward punch aimed to tap the girl’s head in a mock-simulation of what the strike would have been had it been used with full force.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Galilee used Tackle!

She twisted her ears toward the sound of Mako's interjections, not sure if she liked the distraction of him assigning a score. It made her feel self-conscious, a feeling not alien to Galilee but denied at every point. A warrior of the Court should not be anxious and fraught with self-esteem issues or whatever her deal was. She started to wrinkle her muzzle in frustration with this, but told herself to knock it off; there would be worse distractions during an actual battle, after all.

She swiped, Teagan jerked back, they made space and studied one another. Makoto seemed interested in the axe, and Lee grinned and nodded. I'm sure we'll have the opportunity, she said, before she ran forward.

Her attempt at biting was a poor one, easily countered as Teagan's fist came down on her head with a harsh tap, before Lee's teeth could quite reach her arm. She released her at once and made space again with a little shake of her head and growl. So that was obviously a dumb idea -- but a learning experience. Her biting worked when she and Skoll wrestled in close quarters or when she nipped at him in Lupus form, but in the former case she was already exposed to attacks and had nothing to lose; in the latter, she could get away again. It wasn't a very good Optime strategy with this space between them.

Galilee pondered over this in a matter of seconds and looked at Teagan again. They were about the same size. Maybe --

She rushed forward again, this time to try to tackle the woman.

It was the bold move of a confident and dumb youth, but it was clear that Galilee prepared for the consequences of such a thing; her shoulder was into it, her hands were already moving to pin Teagan's hands, her body tensing and moving in hopes that she wouldn't immediately be flipped over or kicked off.

Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

Dead Topics