[M] We are the reckless, we are the wild youth

Drifter Bay Battle Group #4

POSTED: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:44 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

What was she thinking? What was she even doing here? Faith had never agreed with the Aquila when it came to the means behind this war, and yet here they were.. all these coyotes split up and marching off into battle. Hope stayed behind.. probably for the best. Crucifix and Dahlia needed at least someone to look after them while she was away. No doubt their mother was worrying about her.. Hopefully not as much since the younger female followed with two older, more seasoned fighters... FIghters... No this wasn't what she was. She was no warrior, but these were her clan mates. Despite not agreeing.. and despite wanted to search for a means of peace, she would never wish for harm to come to either one of them.

The robed girl, armed with only a staff she had been able to borrow from Inferni's wares, was far more comfortable letting one of the others take the lead. Antioch would probably jump at the opportunity knowing the pain he had already suffered from in this endevor. There was no telling what Salsola might have waiting for them.. as she was sure they were going to have their own force ready.. waiting for them to make their move.. Vicira knew her mother likely better than anyone else, and probably saw something like this coming. Maybe she would know then too just what they were dealing with.

Faith's blue-green gaze focused on the area in front of them, devoid of any clear signs of movement or life. She knew very little of the Drifter Bay, or the horses that both packs had claim over, but even this seemed.. too unsettling, even for them. Fingers curled around the staff, though her body stood up straight. Nervousness was creeping into her system, though she did her best not to show it. There was fear all around her, and to think otherwise was a bit foolish. But just as it came to standing up to Izual, she couldn't let the other members of her clan, nor the members of Inferni see this in her. She stood up to him, and she could stand up to them.

Dated for October 25. We'll begin the 48 hour rule once everyone has posted at least once. Owing to the nature of the plot and the timing involved, we are limiting the reply window to a 48 hour period -- if you are unable to reply during this time, you may be skipped. +300 words.

Last edited by Faith de le Poer on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:48 am

Once more, Vicira rode out to war on a red horse.

It was different this time. She was not commander of this army, and these enemies were not of her choosing. Her gray fur was darker in some places where friends had smeared soot, and her flame-colored gelding was striped and banded with it, but there was no fire in her eyes, no pride in her carriage. She sat tall in the saddle, her ears swiveled and gaze alert, but she was more wary and weary about this battle than eager. Even her energetic horse seemed more tired than usual, despite his trot.

When her mother had rallied their forces, Vicira had not spoken out against it. She sympathized with the desire to end the war, and knew that diplomacy and drawing things out with hostages was no longer an option with winter approaching. It might be a good season for hunting big game, but the coyotes would be leaner than the wolves, and the snows would cause trouble. Something bold like this would need to end it.

But as they rode on, she felt suddenly like this was a mistake.

There was a sound on the horizon, and Vicira saw Vesper leap onto a boulder in the sea of grasses, looking once again strong and spirited—then throw her head up in that uniquely coywolf howl.

It was too late to go back.

“Get ready,” Vicira growled, though she didn’t know if she was speaking to herself, her horse, or the coyotes beside her. She unstrapped her longstaff and took this in her hands, readying it as the first warhorses appeared galloping in the distance.
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:55 am

Skirmishes had continued in the days that followed his son's death. Others came back wounded, and at least one Inferni member had been killed since. As Bellator, it was his duty to defend the pack – and he thought he had done this well enough until now, when all hell broke loose. They were coyotes, after all, and did not so easily bow their heads nor listen to reason. Even when Vesper had called them to arms, he had expected dissension. The enemy they fought now was not like the others.

He felt a strange sense of repetition in such an act, and recalled the last time he had watched Inferni's forces leave The Waste. Marlowe had meant to end the war too, in his own selfish way, and he had been exiled for it. Yet Vicira had not protested, and the desire for an ending to the conflict was great. At night the air grew cold, and frost had begun appearing on the grasses in the early hours. Salsola, with its greater number and larger bodies, would outlast them in a war of attrition.

What surprised him most was who had come to fight.

His sister had found him in the mass gathered and whispered her anxious request, and so Antioch – who might have traveled with Vesper instead – stuck close to his young niece. Faith was not a fighter, but her sense of duty was admirable.

Tall and bristling, the Bellator lingered between his companions. He felt eager for conflict.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
signature art by Songbird
Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:59 pm

OOC - Coax is mounted on Korosk and is armed with a fancy spear. WC: 420 blazeit

I'll f i g h t

Coax felt the nervousness well up in his stomach, it made his throat burn. He had been on the battlefield before, he should have been okay with it, but he had been fighting with the very people he would be fighting against, people he trusted at some point or another. He remembered the words that the boss had told him at his Cueponi.

"This is not a place for weakness. You are not some Outsider, you are a Salsolan. Familia Fortis Elegit,"

These words had him sitting proudly on the midnight stallion with his hocks tightly pressed against the side of the stallion, for his one arm was busy holding a large spear that Emmett had given to him months prior. He had worked with Korosk plenty of times for the stallion to understand the cues that Coax would give to him instead of pulling on the reigns that rested on the wide shoulders of the midnight pelted equine. Coax held a smile on his maw that reflected that of his father's, for this was to hide a thick coat of nervousness that had come upon him, and this was the way he had seen his father deal with it once upon a time. Lately, there had been a thick frown on Till's face that Coax noticed, and he figured it had to do with what had happened with Dirge and Helena.

He had not been surprised that Calla had forced Dirge to stay, for the male still was young, much too much to be in a war, and he did not have enough training to be of any use. Coax had also talked to dirge to make sure he would not run off, because someone needed to stay behind for Calla, Chester, and Julius. It was unacceptable for them all to leave their youngest behind without protection. Coax was disappointed that Helena had gotten up this early morning with battle garb adorning her form, for it was unnecessary for someone in her condition to fight. Coax knew it was like blowing hot air in a hole-filled balloon though - she had already made up her mind. He had no right to fight her, for he too was a "mere child" comparatively.

Coax easily rode up with his comrades to the Drifter's Bay, a smile still on his maw as he scanned over the brush that could easily hide the coyotes. He felt a twitch come to his ears as he waited for the battle to begin.

till there's no kingdom left to d e f e n d

Avvie by Nandolicious@FA, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:24 pm

The summons had been abrupt and carried and edge of demand to them which Grievous had been startled by. He had not been prepared for combat – out hunting, he had been traveling in his native shape with Luigi at his heels. When the Boss' voice had draw them what had mattered most was speed, and so without concern for what was left behind they had run to her call.

War had now manifested into an army coming for their lives. No matter what else had happened previous, no matter that they had fought as allies before, the coyotes now sought their blood.

He could hear them as they approached, all those awful yapping cries that rattled like dry bones across the plains. Grievous, huge and hulking now that he had taken the time to shift to his Secui form, was bristled at the sound. He hated it, and the way that it made his skin prickle. It perturbed Luigi, certainly – the mongrel wolfdog was jumpier than usual, as if the coyote's cries had woken deep instincts in him that warned against this old enemy.

Maybe they should have expected this. O'Riley had always talked about coyotes as if they were like this too.

The gathered Salsolan force had followed Salvia east, and when bodies and riders appeared on the horizon Grievous bristled. Their damned howling took up again, and then suddenly everything seemed to launch into motion.

With a snarl, Grievous barreled into the tall grass and towards the enemies awaiting them. He was more concerned with the red-furred archer already taking aim for those nearest him. Luigi too was preparing to fire, his sights aimed at the tall rider and her horse.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Equinest
Mel
Luperci
supernova
the fire rises

POSTED: Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:41 pm

It didn't quite yet feel like The Bull had his loyalties in anything but the girl who paid him for it. The Thistle Kingdom was not his home, he felt no need to protect this land and the tenets it stood on and yet here he was, out stalking towards the east, toward the lands of the coyotes he'd been informed of. In all honesty, he hadn't left the lands very much since his inclusion, working much closer with Elphaba than anyone else.

But this was his expertise, after all. Death and destruction dealt with decisive blows — done by a hand that didn't defy its direction. The Bull was just that, a bull charging through his destination with a precision that earned him his name and reputation. Before the destruction, however, there was a stillness among the tall grasses. Waiting for the rest of the group to catch up, one of the members being another one of Elphaba's cousins, The Bull had laid in wait in the shadow of a lone tree. His old armor fit well among the sandy color of the grasses, though that would likely change once he was given the new pieces that had been commissioned for him.

Howling rose up in the distance as the fronts collided and the mercenary took that as his cue to slink forward as quietly as possible, aiming to get as close to the back line as possible to cut off any sort of long ranged support for the rest of the group. The singular jade eye burned with intent as he gripped the aggressively curved dagger in his hand, blade pointed away and ready to sink down into his next target.

[000]
Commissions are on hold for right now until I can free up my schedule a little more to work on them. PM this account or message me on Discord if you're interested, but keep in mind that they may take a while!
Salsola
The Associate (NPC)
Titmouse
Luperci
teeth of the combine

POSTED: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Yet now I'm standing here, my heart so full, I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words I never thought I'd say.

The call had gone out, and the battle had begun. Faith's eyes turned up to the woman on horse back, watching as her own gaze trailed off to a certain spot in the distance. Close to the point where the sound had come from. No doubt that was where the Aquila was. But that was not where her attention should have been. If there was already one fight going on, then they were sure to be coming under attack soon enough. The girl couldn't help but battle with her own morals in her mind. To her, all of this was wrong.. but the safety of her clan members were what brought her here in the first place. She didn't want to have to attack anyone unless she had been attacked.. but what if one of the others were? What then?

The robbed girl didn't get too much more time to think on the matter. Shortly after the leader had made her move, there was movement coming before them. One figured was taller than the others, likely another on horseback. One thing that caught her eye was the shape of this figure. The outline of the horse seemed to be clear enough.. but its rider.. had antlers? Was that what it was? It was a bit hard to tell from the distance. She had seen a man wearing a mask that bore such a thing.. but it couldn't have been him right? No...

Blue-green gaze shifted down as she saw the speck of white making its way towards them.. and at a rapid pace as well. She couldn't be distracted, not now. He was coming towards them.. or more so had put himself in line with Vicira. Should she worry for the gray woman so much as to get in her way? She was the one of the back of a horse while Faith was still stuck on the ground. It would likely only cause more harm. But that was just two, no three now that she counted again of those approaching. Was that all there was, or what might be lurking around them?

Alright, from here we will begin the 48 hour rule, me having followed suit behind T-mouse. J, let me know if I need to fix my assumptions. T-mouse, feel free to have Bull make the first move on Faith. If he's sneaking up behind her, he's liable to get an easy shot on her. +300 words.

Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Horses galloped through the tall grass -- too many horses, Vicira counted, and her blue eyes flashed toward her fellow Triumvirate and her mother in the distance, who had disappeared into the vegetation to run now. Despite making the first move to catch their enemies off-guard, it seemed that Salsola had rallied at the last moment, and they drove forward with chargers against their feral once-allies.

A group drove toward them: a jet stallion and a handful of warriors on foot. One was a white beast that surged through the grass toward her.

Vicira’s mouth was open and an eerie cry escaped, an ululating yap-howl that rose with the coyotes’ war song into eerie wails and barks. Kresnik danced beneath her, but the saddle that connected them was made for them, formed to their shapes. She might as well have been a centaur of smoke and flame. When the wolf approached, she spurred Nik forward, and he began to run -- angling wide when an arrow shot past them. Vici’s gaze fixed on the archer, and she bared white teeth and lashed out with the staff once she was closer, aiming to knock the bow from his grasp if he did not duck.

Behind her, Tletica had her own bow and arrows in hand. She was streaked with black soot and had raven feathers in her hair, and looked a wild tribal creature, sangria eyes narrow as she nocked and drew in one smooth motion. She shot at the pale wolf barreling toward her and shrieked to deter him.
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 am

He saw the same thing Vicira saw – that Salsola had reacted to this surprise well enough. It would not be the attack Vesper had envisioned, though from her signal he supposed this did not matter. War was war, and if they fought here or fought on Salsola's land was no different. The wolves had saved them the long miles still left before the river.

Most concerning to him, in the moments which followed, was the rider and the black horse. They were disadvantaged by height here, and Antioch sought to remedy that.

While screeching, awful noises resounded around him, Antioch remained silent and charged into the tall grass. He practically vanished into it, tawny as he was, and sped towards the approaching stallion. The Bellator was no fool when it came to horses, and had learned a great deal about them in his time in Inferni. This was not unlike the last war, either, and memories of a pale woman returned to his conscious.

When he finally loosened his own voice, it was a great sound of fury. He rushed the horse, striking from what seemed to be its riders unarmed side.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
signature art by Songbird
Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:59 pm

OOC - bloop.. WC: 370

F a t h e r

He could not afford to back out, he could not afford the fear that welled up in his stomach. He could not let it take him over, to make him back away and cower. He was Salsolan, even Salvia accepted him as he was. She had faith in him, she told him that he had a lot to prove, and he took her words as affirmation that he was meant to be here on this battlefield, that he was as able bodied as someone who had two arms. He had to believe that he was. Coaxoch did believe that he was worthy of being here and that he was capable, but he could not deny that the threat of death or even vomit with how much fear he held in his chest. Even before when he had been on the other side of a fight with strangers, he knew not the same fear that he did for those who knew him by name.

The yowl of the Coyote leader was loud, commanding, and this is what started the battle. The coyotes rushed into the brush, and he Coax immediately cursed under his breath and kept his eyes on the ground as Korosk rushed forward. He only saw a glimpse of a familiar face before he was under attack. His guards on his side had long disappeared in the brush too, and was replaced with a large coyote that wore a bright red collar. Coax let out a surprised yelp as Korosk stomped and then reared up on his hinds. The motion threw the young rider and left Coax out of breath and on his ass. Korosk ran off shortly after throwing his rider and turning on his hooves to run towards their home. Coax gathered his wits as quickly as he could, and pushed the spear in between himself and his enemy.

"Get away from me!" snarled the man, who was barely more than a boy. He couldn't move to his feet with the threat as close as he was, and only one arm to support himself. He wore a snarl on his maw as he thrashed the spear's sharp end towards anyone who came close to him.

Where are you now? It's been so long since i've slept sound!

Avvie by Nandolicious@FA, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

Dead Topics