Go see the world ‘cause it’s all so brand new

Iroquois

POSTED: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:39 pm

Casa di Cavalieri Co-Ranks wrote:“Spend some time in the pack lands learning about their territory and living spaces.”

Optime | Late-morning | Fore-dated: Nov 3rd? (+443)

Ambassador co-rank thread for Krokar.

Teagan staying in KR for 1 week (as well as previous stay during travel to/from Portland) pre-approved by KR leadership.

Also, don’t mind the links, those are for my reference x3

The morning was prettier than most for autumn being in full swing. The sun shined brightly in a clear-blue sky, warming the Earth below and making the chilly, fall breeze that blew by just bearable. Dead but colorful leaves twirled and flew whichever way the wind took them. There would be fewer like that day in the coming weeks as the world turned colder and saturated colors took hold.

Teagan had been grateful that Krokar had allowed her to stay for the week and learn a bit more about them. She had visited them a few times before, once during late-summer in the previous year, and, once more, during her crossing to and from Portland. The pack with which her mother had once had good ties with had acted as a safe place to rest her head before continuing on whatever arduous journey she had at the time. This time, however, it was different. Her sole purpose had been to interact with the pack and its members, to learn about them, so that she may one day be a political figure on behalf of Casa di Cavalieri when dealing with Krokar’s interest in mind.

Choosing a role that was more diplomatic than what the aggressive Stryder usually delved into was something new for her. Even young, she had confidence in herself, and the choice of wanting to be the pack’s ambassador for Krokar had been without question. Her mother had paved the way, Teagan only sough to solidify that bond.

After getting up earlier that morning, Teagan had done relatively little. She’d help prepare and had shared a meal with one of the pack’s Old Salts, Pepper. They had conversed for a little while before the coydog woman had been called away. As much as Teagan was there to learn about their members and culture, the warrior princess knew better than to get in the way of medic work. It was best that she stayed behind and found someone else to latch onto for the day.

So, she’d wandered to Aster’s Fields, her destination the caribous’ paddock. It had been nearly a year since she had seen the strange deer-not-deer animals that Krokar owned. Milos had explained a bit about them, and had gone so far as to name a few of them. One of them, Jack, or something like that, had even let her pet him. They were interesting to say the least.

She leaned against the fencing, arms crossed and canary eyes staring out idly at the herd as they grazed. One of the larger ones watched her with cautious interest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Animals dangled from a string along her back, bouncing at her spine. A constant reminder of the success of her hunting trip, a brief one outside the pack lands, or was it the less traveled parts? Iroquois had a few hare, a mink, and even managed a raccoon. The raccoon ought not have even been awake, but it had been a groggy creature that seemed to settle in for the day when she went out early that morning, before the sun had even risen past the line of trees. Otherwise, her luck had only been on the animals easier to hunt when the day was started.

She would have liked something bigger, but she did not feel driven to hunt deer or moose only to skin and butcher it on the spot. Even with her solitude on the hunt, the thought of her offspring, that maternal drive, still told her to head home after a little while. Those trips to the unclaimed that lasted days seemed behind her for the moment, especially since she figured she would be needed until her children reached six months, at least.

Her walk home took her past the paddock for the caribou, her gaze fluttering to them only a moment, before turning to the woman standing at the paddock fence. She did not recognize the woman, but figured she was young. Well, younger than she, at least, she thought with some mirth.

"They are caribou," said the woman gently, unsure if the stranger knew what they were, but she did not know for certain. Erring on the side of caution she moved closer, smiling softly. "My tribe used to hunt them, rather than tame or ride them," she added, remembering the staple food of her childhood home. Most often their fur garments were made of the skins of caribou, rather than the deer and moose that roamed the place she called home.

Gen
Luperci Huntress of the Arctic Lights

POSTED: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:00 am

(+382)

Having not seen them in nearly a year, and their time together last being as brief as it was, Teagan couldn’t recall who was who. She only knew which ones were the bucks amongst the herd. At the sound of approaching footfalls and sensing a pair of eyes upon her person, the Cavalier’s attention turned. A tall woman of ivory and ashen hues approached Teagan, her eyes a similar shade of yellow as the Stryder’s own. Her huntress-styled dress and accessories of blue, in a way, reminded Teagan of her mother.

The Krokaran woman explained what the livestock animals were, jogging Teagan’s memory of their name, caribou. She seemed nice, the huntress, with her soft approach of a stranger so deep within her pack’s lands. With Teagan’s relaxed stance against the fencing and the lack of alarm from any packmates, the ivory-furred woman likely guessed that Teagan was a guest, if not someone new to the pack altogether. Or, perhaps, she recognized the Stryder from her previous visits. Either way, she was hospitable to the Cavalier, and it made Teagan more open to conversation.

Nodding, Teagan pushed herself from the fence and angled her body towards the approaching female. “It’s still hard for me to grasp that,” she said, offering the woman a small smile, “Milos told me that Krokar uses them more like horses than they do food.”

She gave the Krokaran a quick, polite dip of her snout. “I’m Teagan Stryder of Casa di Cavalieri. I’m hoping to become my pack’s ambassador to Krokar,” she explained and introduced. Though the Stryder was not one to be overly friendly or got out of her way for social interaction, she did have a vested interest in keeping the bonds between their packs strong, and, for that, Teagan would step out of her comfort zone in order to socialize with Krokar’s members.

“Your Captain has allowed me to stay for the week to learn more about your pack.” She looked at the fields around them. “I’ve visited a few times before, but, each time was brief. So, it’s nice to finally be able to see the culture and the new territory Krokar has come to claim for itself.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Had she never joined the Krokar collective before its formation, Iroquois would likely never even have ever thought to use caribou for a use like horses. She would have likely continued to prefer hunting them, and honestly she would have even then. But the herd were not for her to meddle with and she chose to avoid the creatures that ought to have been their prey. It was a conflicting thought process for her, when she saw food being fed with straw in the winter months.

"And we do. Well, they do. I am not so sure since I grew up hunting them and not riding them." Her eyes crinkled as she chuckled, shaking her head at the novelty of the idea. She had heard that in other lands they rode the caribou like horses, too, which seemed likely the place they got the idea. She would never have thought of it, though she was sure it was wise considering the caribou's survivability in the cold winter lands and a horse's need for warming. Perhaps it was not so silly.

"It's nice to meet you, Teagan. I am Iroquois, naturally of Krokar," she gestured around her a little with a laugh. "And how are you liking your stay so far? We have a lovely birch forest we claimed that I suggest seeing. It's lovely." Ambassador? That was a lofty goal, though Iroquois could appreciate the idea. It was not one she would pursue herself, mostly preferring the company of few to the many, and was not a great schmoozer. There was very little politico in her bones for that sort of a career.

Gen

POSTED: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 am

(+310)

Feel free to PP them moving around and such<33

It seemed that the monochrome female had misinterpreted Teagan’s meaning behind using the caribou, but, even so, it brought about a comical thought. She had never considered riding the creatures, much like she had never fancied the thought of riding a deer or elk. Like the Krokaran woman before her, she saw them as food, and one didn’t ride their food. Still, it was an amusing concept. However, she was sure, with their smaller size compared to horses, they wouldn’t be able to carry any of her packmates save for, perhaps, newly shifted pups. “It would be a bit weird,” she agreed to the older she-wolf, chuckling a bit to herself.

The she-wolf presented herself as Iroquois, the name having a rather unique and exotic ring to it. Teagan gave another nod, physically acknowledging the introduction.

Her eyes shifted back out the herd and the community beyond it to one side, the forest to the other. “It’s nice, I can’t say I’ve ventured very far though. Most of my trips here have been mostly between the guest house and here or in Fiskebyn somewhere.” Her times in Krokar before had all been brief, a mere night or two before moving on. This visit was the first for her to stay, socialize, and appreciate what made Krokar Krokar.

Teagan’s interest was peaked with Iroquois’ mention, and it showed with her pricked ears and curious gaze. “A birch forest you say though?” She began, “Would you be free to give me a tour, perhaps? Krokar’s borders have changed in the year since I came with my sister here last summer.” To her, it was a good idea. The more she knew about the pack, its culture, and their needs, the better she could serve as an ambassador between her home and theirs.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:18 pm

Iroquois did not need to use the caribou; she chose to ignore them and only tolerate them when she needed to. She rode horses in her youth, not prey animals. Horses, too, were once prey, she was sure, but they were too useful to eat unless the most dire of circumstances had come to be. Even then a few days of hunger were better than eating a too useful animal.

"Then you should see more now that you can," suggested the woman with a wide smile. Krokar was a lovely place, so she thought. It was her home and even then she felt unbiased. She had lived in some beautiful places and it was not just the scenery that made a pack a home of worthy beauty. Krokar was warm, Krokar was family, and so Krokar was a wonderfully beautiful place to be.

The Cavalieri woman seemed eager and Iro laughed a little at it. "Of course I can give you a tour." With a small gesture, she began to lead Teagan with her. "It is not too far from here, thankfully," she added as they walked from the fields, skirting the western edge of the village and back into the woods. The lake came up on their right as they walked along the shoreline, the Huntress leading the Cavalieri female through the pretty lands.

"Why do you seek to be an Ambassador?" she asked politely, to make small talk, as they moved closer and closer to the birches. They grew in quantity around them as they moved, slowly pushing out the other species of tree until suddenly they were the only tall thing around them. The worn path beneath their feet led into the heard of the birches, and Iroquois smiled fondly at the memories held in that particular patch of forest.

Gen

POSTED: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 am

(+502)

Feel free to continue to PP them moving to another location!

“That’s the plan,” she replied back with a small smile of her own. Located further inland and further north than Casa di Cavalieri, Teagan was curious as to how different the two pack’s territories would be. Her own home was mostly forest and dry, grassy plains, butting up against the Bay of Fundy, and with a few mountainous areas and small human towns within it. Krokar was much more centered around water, particularly, the year before when Teagan had visited and the rivers had practically acted as the territory’s spine.

She was grateful to hear that Iroquois was willing to show her around, “Thank you, Iroquois.” Teagan gave her a larger smile and a nod of her head before following after the Huntress. They left the paddock, the fields, and the village behind them, traveling into the forest that was deep into its annual change from the vibrant greens of the warmer months to the fiery hues of fall. As they ventured further north, they eventually broke through the woodland and paced along the shores of a lake, one much larger than the one that neighbored Fiskebyn.

“I never thought there could be so much water so far inland,” she remarked as they walked the shoreline. Further south where she was from, there were relatively few “large” bodies of water, much less, so many lakes and rivers so close together. Teagan had crossed over two different rivers to reach Krokar’s central hub, and knew there to be another lake besides the one near the village, and, now, another.

Her canary gaze flicked from the lakeview to the Huntress when she spoke. “Your pack has been good to me and my family. My mother used to be familiar with Milos, and he and your pack have been nothing but kind to her family in return.” She replied, offering the woman a small, grateful smile. “Of my pack, I am probably the most familiar with yours, and, it seemed only right that I show my gratitude for everything Krokar has done for me and my family in the past. As an Ambassador, I hope to maintain the friendship started by my mother.”

They came upon the birch trees of which Iroquois had spoken of then, and Teagan let her eyes shift around the beautiful scenery of the white-barked tree trunks amongst a sea of oranges, yellows, and reds. The trees stood out against the backdrop, and, as she turned to gaze back out towards the lake behind them, she could see why the patch of forest would be something to talk about. “You weren’t lying when you said this place is lovely.” Because indeed it was. It was almost liking stepping into an entirely different world, moving from the regular, dull browns of fir and other hardy trees to the stark contrast of birch.

“Is there any other breathless hideaway Krokar is hiding?” Teagan asked, a hint of a small smirk playing at the corner of her lips.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm

Iroquois had to chuckle at the youth's ignorance. "You should see the ice fields of my birthplace. There are also mighty lakes many, many days west of here. I've never explored them, only passed one." She dug into the memories of a much younger woman, fumbling around almost foolishly. "Others mentioned they were vast and a hassle to travel around. Seas of fresh water was the general concensus," she added with a slight shrug. They had never truly interested her for her destination had never been near them, for she had never had a destination.

Teagans explanation was fair and noble. Iro could not fault her choice for the logic was sound. So, the huntress smiled widely and nodded in understanding.

"I have never visited Casa. Perhaps I ought to when I can leave my son and daughter alone without worry." Frankly, she had no clue when such a time would even come. Motherhood was a mantle that Iroquois took upon herself with ease and pride. Unfortunately, it seemed to hinder her ability to roam as she once had. Perhaps when her two were properly shifted her lifestyle would change. No, not with Sylven, too.

The woods held many warm meories for her. Her smile was at the recollection of them as well as Teagan's marveling. "This is my favorite spot," she said vaguely, nearly cryptically. She had no shame that this was a lovely place, and a place that would be dear to her for a long time.

Still, the request was hardly surprising. Teagan was there to see the pack lands and so Iroquois obliged. She lead the woman from the birch wood, heading east into the thinning forest. It did not thin, not entirely, but the birches were no longer the majority. Water glittered between trees, but water was never too far from any given place in Krokar.

They passed a hill their left. "Fox Hill," she said plainly, waving a hand at the incline. "We have resident foxes," she added, though it was a bit neutral. She herself did not hunt the foxes but it seemed odd to name a place in their home after them. They were predators, too, after all.

They broke through the trees to stand at the shore of the lake. Across from them was the island that sat silently in the still waters of the lake. At least, still that day. "Fisko, the fisherman's island. And it is Moosehead Lake." She gestured with a hand north to where a berthing could be seen. "If you want, you can take a boat to the island and see the otters." She shrugged though, turning southward a moment.

Iroquois paused, peering over the water. "Even the land across the water is Krokar." So much time, so much distance, and they could hardly even reach the other shore without employing boats.

Gen

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:08 pm

(+717)

Sorry that this is huge! Mostly it’s just me rambling Teagan’s thoughts about things x3

Teagan’s brows rose with interest when the Huntress spoke of her younger years. She tried to imagine the scene that was described to her. It was difficult, particularly, since she had never seen anything like it before. Multiple, large lakes, fields of ice stretching as far as the eye could see. It didn’t sound like a place Teagan, who much preferred the varied scenery of her birth pack, would particularly enjoy. Forests were her preference, not water. However, she could see herself appreciating the beauty of frosted seas of plains grasses and fresh water.

She looked over to Iroquois when she admitted to having never visited Casa di Cavalieri. “If you decide to visit, send a bird and I could see about making some arrangements for you,” Teagan offered. Being the daughter of the Lune and higher in ranking, she saw little in the way of preventing such a visit if she pressed. Besides, as she had told Iroquois beforehand, Krokar’s relationship with her own pack had always been on decent terms.

“And, you could probably bring your children if you wished. Depending on their age, we have a few of our own that could do with some outside interaction with other packs. If not them, there are more to be born sometime later this season.” Her thoughts went to Night and her own apprentice, Minerva, and then to her mother, and two other pregnant women within the pack.

Of course, all of this would have to be approved by her father. However, the warrior princess did not foresee him denying such a valuable social confrontation. Packs intermingling was good, healthy, and helped make sure they weren’t willfully shut off from the outside world beyond their own pack.

Her ears flickered when Iroquois made a remark about the birch wood. She didn’t know the woman, and was not one to pry into personal memories or issues unless completely necessary, so, Teagan didn’t ask for any further explanation behind the comment. However, she could appreciate it, as, honestly, the beauty that surrounded them would be hard to not love.

At her request, Iroquois moved them on and Teagan dutifully followed. The white-barked trees faded out as they went, giving way to more dominate fir and other brown-barked trees as they trekked onward. The land sloped, and, curiously, the Krokaran pointed out the hill. “Foxes?” Teagan parroted, the interest quite evident in her voice. She was surprised to hear that the lesser canines would dare to reside within a pack territory. The most she had seen of the creatures had usually been in the neutral lands, and such encounters were far and few in-between.

So, to hear that a group had settled within Krokar was an interesting concept indeed. “Does Krokar interact with them much?” She knew the creatures capable of High Speech, and was curious to learn if the pack merely tolerated them or if there was some sort of agreement between them and the lesser predators.

Their tour continued, once more, placing them along the shoreline of the large lake. In the distance, Iroquois pointed to and named the lonely patch of earth surrounded by the lake, Moosehead. Teagan had her assumptions for what the island was used for by the context of which the Huntress had introduced it, but, it was the mention of otters that peaked the Cavalier’s interest.

“I’ve never seen otters up close before.” In all honesty, she had never seen one alive either. The water weasels weren’t something commonly seen where she was from, only smelt or told about. “Are they friendly to Krokar?” She didn’t want to make Iroquois see to their passage across the water if the creatures were elusive or easily spooked by Luperci presence.

Teagan’s canary eyes shifted to the far-off shore that Iroquois mentioned. “Krokar seems to have an affinity for water and wildlife,” she mused. She had always known that the pack was more aquatic than her own, but, now, Teagan was starting to see just how much the pack seemed to be in-tuned to the territory it had claimed. They seemed to very much live within nature and the land itself, and it was a culture that intrigued her.

Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Iroquois could only nod and smile. She could bring her children, but that would mean having to watch over them as a parent rather than taking in the sights as an independent adult. She did not resent her children but she did not to be forced to take care of them on such a trip. It would be nice, though, if she took Sylven and they could juggle the children and sightseeing at the same time. Like a little family vacation, she thought, but put away the thought for the moment. It was not the time to be thinking of such things, not with the troubles in Krokar and the young age of her offspring.

"Yes. For whatever reason, foxes love this hill." She eyed it a moment before losing some interest in it. "We might. I'll be honest, I really don't." Iroquois could care for animals well but did not seek out those that did not actually need her help or want it. Foxes and she were not on easy terms, though she often would leave scraps of offal for the smaller carnivores that dotted their small part of the world. A kind gesture, not a friendly one.

They moved on to the lake and the island. Iro was a fisherwoman, too, but had not really tried to go to the island or fish from the lake, so she knew so little about it. Was she really suited to give this tour, she thought dryly.

"They're not unfriendly," she said with a shrug of the shoulders. "As far as I can tell, they are likely quite nice. I'm sure we could probably talk to them and maybe give them gifts of fish. I hear they like that sort of thing." She did not mention that anywhere else outside the pack lands, she would have hunted them for their water-resistant and incredibly warm pelts, much like beavers.

But Iroquois eyes crinkled in mirth. "I'm sure we all have a bit of water on the brain," she said with a laugh, shaking her head. "I hunt most of the time, but I enjoy fishing, as well. My mate fishes, half the pack fishes or uses boats somehow. We've made our lives on the water." Then she laughed again. "We'll certainly never be thirsty." Shaking her head, hair waving, she moved them south.

They soon reached a small watery split from the lake, not a river but more a larger stream. They followed it briefly until they reached the broken bifrost. "It's a Broken Bifrost. I think it's supposed to mean bridge," she said, gesturing to the waterwheel that did not work and the water that flowed over the causeway. "The fishing is rather good here, if you were ever inclined during your stay," she added, a twinkle of mischief in her eyes. She doubted that fishing would be a part of Teagan's stay.

Gen

Dead Topics