I knew that somehow I could find my way back

attn: leadership | Backdated to 9/16

POSTED: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:15 am

(300+) ATTN: Leadership // Backdated to 9/16 (with permission).

She had finally made that move , deciding on a random day to just go and collect everything and do it. She abandoned her room in the estate - a room she never truly felt comfortable in anyway - and emptied the drawers and shelves that once held her belongings. When she left the room for the last time, the room was almost like it had been when she claimed it - except it was a lot cleaner. In her bag held the few belongings she held onto in Sapient along with the gifts that Loki suggested Salvia would like. Totem, her slave, held these items now; the backpack slung over one of his shoulders as he also stood still and straight; his eyes were trained on the dying grass. Totem held her items and Lithia held onto the reins of her horse, Gezi. For the “Boss” (it was going to take her a while to get used to that word), she brought the woman a bag of gemstones she had “traded” for, a sea glass necklace from Sapient's stores, her own skills to offer for Salsola’s use, and useful information about Anathema and Sapient that the Salsolan Queen could hopefully use. She thought that was enough.

With Gezi’s reins in her hand, Lithia tipped back her head and howled for the Boss. She didn’t know how she felt about calling her leader “Boss” all the time... but she supposed it might’ve been the same as Sagax or Angela - it was just a more familiar word. Everyone knew what a Boss was; not very many knew what Angela or Sagax meant.

Standing erect, properly, stiffly (but not out of anxiety) Lithia remained very still as she waited. Her bright pink eyes were trained on the horizon before her where no one came from just yet.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:47 am

It was not surprising to her that Outsiders would come to desire the promise Salsola offered. Salvia understood her home was a place of great wealth and power, especially for those capable. Salsola had existed for many years in one place, growing steadily under the watchful eyes of its Family – a group whose existence depended upon loyalty to the Law above all else.

There was more to it than that, of course, but this was not what Outsiders saw.

When the summons came, Salvia was already out. She was not an idle ruler, and participated in duties to which her superior skills could best be put to use. The horses were one of them, while hunting another. These days it seemed she did less of the latter than she would have liked, for it was hard to find time to stalk and kill as she once had. Scorpius was more than capable of providing both his talents and guidance to the Family, and they did not want for food. They certainly had more than enough of that to spare.

The ride to the northern borders did not take terribly long, but Salvia did not rush either. When she came upon the pair – a dark she-wolf and a taller, pale male – she did not need to guess at their origin.

I am the one you asked for, she announced, bringing Nacht to a halt when the space between them was comfortable enough to talk. Salvia was dressed for work and her hair was pulled up, though she did not seem bothered to have been pulled away from this.

Salsola
The Regent (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Cazadora, Vaquera Mate to Stannis Ultra Mega Chikkun? NO. She is legend... I will send famine and wild beasts against you, and they will rob you of your children.
occam's razor
a wild beast or a god

POSTED: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 pm

(000) ooc text here

As Lithia waited on the one they called Salvia, she recollected her last first impression with Sapient’s leader. She sought to improve it with Salvia, and decided she’d leave her cockiness in the closet and try to humble herself as much as possible. After all, it mattered who she appeared to be to the Boss. If she could manipulate this to her advantage, it would make for a much better time in the pack. That, and Salsola was more her speed.

It was not long before a tawny-coated woman broke the horizon and rider and horse stopped just short of her for a casual conversation. Lithia peered up at the woman, both of them with strikingly-colored eyes; though her gaze hadn’t lingered upon Salvia’s for long. ”I’m Lithia Napier, and my slave,” she pointed backwards without looking, ”Totem. I’m here to join. I’ve spoken to one of your own, Loki. He told me what I needed to know to find you. I’ve brought you gifts and information about Anathema and Sapient that I’m sure you’ll find invaluable.” She tried to keep her tone even, pleasant. She wasn't too good at being nice to others... but for the sake of a new pack, she had to fake it well.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:24 pm

The woman might have been a Helsi, were the shade of her eyes less touched by the almost unnatural pink. Salvia wondered if this was what had attracted Loki to her – if he had seen the sister whose purpose had been found elsewhere in their Kingdom – but found herself more interested in what Lithia offered than what she looked like.

Yes, she confirmed briefly. Our Crone informed me that they spoke with you. It had not been the first time Loki had met an Outsider and seen potential in them, and by and large, Salvia trusted his instincts. Not every Outsider was capable of withstanding what Salsola demanded of them, though, and from Lithia's words Salvia wondered if she might be part of this collective.

To be bold enough to announce her choices to abandon two homes and keep a slave bordered an arrogance that Salvia found familiar. Her expression remained only mildly interested, as if she did not believe the claims that she was hearing.

What is it you have that might be of value to us, then?

Salsola
The Regent (NPC)
Mel
Luperci Cazadora, Vaquera Mate to Stannis Ultra Mega Chikkun? NO. She is legend... I will send famine and wild beasts against you, and they will rob you of your children.
occam's razor
a wild beast or a god

POSTED: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 am

(000) prepare for a wall of speech.

It was the night before that Lithia had wracked her brain, trying to remember what kind of information the Sapient Sagax found useful about Anathema. She supposed all of it was worthy, but an enemy would only want to know how to infiltrate their victim, take advantage of them, and cut them off from their ‘air supply’. Cutting straight to the point would be the most useful, and it’d cut out all the other useless fluff in her explanation. Lithia sought only to impress the Salsolan Leader, not make a fool of herself like she did with Nivosus.

”Anathema’s borders are guarded by tall wooden fences. These walls also have gaps and don’t wrap around the entire territory. They are more spaced out towards the mountains and more solidified towards the flat lands near the Dampwoods. The least secure area would be between Eastern Realms and the Halcyon Mountain itself. Warriors often leave the mountainous areas to the pitfall traps placed up there. The Halcyon Caves, where Anathema’s meeting rooms and main storage areas are, have six entrances. Three southward main entrances, three emergency entrances – two towards the north, closest to the Eastern Realms, and one hidden up in the mountain itself; it leads into a small room beside the common room.The entrances closest to the Realms are the easiest to slip into, say a Salsolan wanted to compromise the caves. The eastern-most entrance nearer to the Realms would lead them into the Kitchen Room, which isn’t used very often except for Wiccan holidays. From there, they’d have access to all of the food storage, should they want to taint the food and water sources…

”Sapient, on the other paw, is surrounded by open forest, a mountain range, and the northern beach – a southern beach, too, but it would not make for an easy entrance into the lands. Their central hub is Bathurst, which is located in the center of the territory nestled up against the beach. It used to be on the outer border, but Sapient recognized it as a weak spot and moved their borders to better guard it. There are archery towers, similar to Inferni's, placed strategically along the borders. They are manned at all hours. Patrols are constant, but they vary between areas, leaving potential openings. An observant Luperci may be able to slip into the territory at the right time, but should be careful of traps. The woman that sets them, Tierney, likes her job a little too much. I’d suggest using Mount Oromocto or the northernmost border to your advantage, since neither of those are frequented very often. To reach the Government Estate where most Sapients live, you’d want to enter the city ruins from the northern side, which lies an abandoned Railyard. Traveling Southbound and crossing a river, they’d eventually reach the Government Estate where Sapient usually tends to hang out and store their supplies.”

Then Lithia fell silent, awaiting the Salsolan Boss’ questions if she would ask any of them. She couldn’t help the unsettled buzz that reverberated through her form. This was the moment of truth; the moment she’d learn whether she’d be welcomed or turned away.

”I understand it looks odd to see a Luperci at your borders after two packs… Anathema was my birth-pack. When my mother left my sister and me, Anathema lost its luster. We went to Sapient seeking new beginnings; my sister, Tzila, found her place within the pack, I… didn’t. There was no place for me within their ranks, not for someone with my talents.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Lithia spoke, and spoke, and Salvia listened to her words carefully. She had lived in Anathema's black foothills for her early life and recalled the places named. What had compelled the pack to hide behind a wall was unknown to Salvia, though she wondered if such a display was more telling towards an unknown powerlessness. It reminded her of the Cavaliers to the south.

Later, when she saw their representatives, she would come to suspect Anathema had indeed grown weak.

Salsola had been within Sapient's territory before, and from what she could recall of the details her packmates had brought back, this was accurate – and more inclusive. They had no conflict with the group, but to recognize that they were capable of defense only confirmed what Salsola already gathered.

Still, information was always worth something.

What sort of talents do you think we might value that your old homes did not? Salvia pried, her green eyes focused and unblinking like a cat.

Salsola
The Regent (NPC)
Mel
occam's razor
a wild beast or a god

POSTED: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:42 am

(000) sorry for the wait! Gonna try to speed up my replies so I can finally partake in SL stuff!

Nivosus would have scoffed at her by now, but the Salsolan leader watched her. The way her green eyes lingered reminded Lithia of the way her own eyes lingered – searching, waiting for a sign, waiting for some kind of slip-up to give an answer. The Salsolan Boss watched her like a hawk would its prey – or at least, that’s what Lithia thought. And while it unsettled her, it made her respect and idolize the woman a bit more. Lithia hoped to get much more than a place to live out of Salsola. She hoped to find a home and a calling, somewhere she could finally put her abilities to good use, to proper use.

Reaching back to take something from the horse’s saddlebags, Lithia began to speak. ”Information gathering. Snooping. Procuring secrets. I’m not one to toot my own horn, but manipulation, intimidation... If you need to find something out, I’m your girl.” It wasn’t much of a description, but that was why Lithia had grabbed the bag of jewels for the Boss and offered it to her at that moment. ”I’ve been improving these skills since I was a young girl… Among others, like divination and swordsmanship. I’d be happy to provide a demonstration for any that you might question.” Perhaps opening an even bigger can of worms, Lithia wanted to impress her new Leader. She wanted a purpose, and the only way she was going to get that was by earning the trust of her higher ups and fitting right in with her new home.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a current member of the pack, you're ranked as an Associate. We strongly encourage you to read over the Ranks area of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the the Ruins after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside this area is free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
Salsola
OOC Account
Mel & Alaine

POSTED: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:16 pm

To put oneself into a position like Lithia's meant that her loyalty was indebted to no master but her own needs – and that she had abandoned two lesser homes for one which would grant her no favor beyond entry suggested to Salvia that this was indeed a matter of drive. If Loki had turned her towards them based on what they had observed, the Crone had surely seen potential in the woman.

She was old enough to be capable, Salvia thought. Sapient was a place she did not fully understand, but they were a group whose material desire met Salsola's own. It had been a long time since they had properly traded, of course, but wars and all which came in between had not seen Salsola gladly opening itself to the outside world.

That won't be necessary – if our Crone saw fit to send you here, I'm certain you did something worthwhile to impress them, she smiled, but her eyes fell upon Lithia with a greedy curiosity. Just as I'm sure you were told that we require more than words to allow you to stay here.

Salsola
The Regent (NPC)
Mel
occam's razor
a wild beast or a god

Dead Topics