[M] We all fall down, like Toy Soldiers

Teagan

POSTED: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Jace Wolfe
Word Count ♞ :: Sometime after Lyris dies

Half lidded eyes watched them. They were tiny, all three of them could each fit into the cradle of her palm. Nayavota was larger than the two newborns but not by much. The tiny she-wolf had been smaller than she was supposed to be and that same smallness might follow her through her life like it had done Jace. The aging woman had not truly expected any of them to survive with how old she was, it was a wisdom that was instinctive.

The lupus female set down her head next to them, the small bodies nuzzling around with their blunt snouts, searching for a teat to suck on. The small girl bumped against her mother's nose and gave a sharp puppy shriek of displeasure when she didn't find what she was seeking. A breath huffed from the woman, a flat kind of humor. The three still, silent forms that had proceeded Nayavota's exit from the womb weighed heavily on her mind. Her expectations had been surpassed with just the one deformed living child.

All four of them had held deformities of some kind, and Jace was grateful that the three boys had been unable to feel the pain of their imperfections. Jace had given birth to such ill-fated children in the past and their screeches of pain still haunted her dreams. Those ones she had ended their misery rather than allow them to suffer. Nature would not allow to weak to survive, it was not the way.

The woman was weary and exhausted, her difficult pregnancy had stolen her strength and made her into a skeleton of skin and bones. Heart sickness plagued her too, her wild feral sister was gone too. Lyris and Jace's relationship had reminded her so much of her true sister, they were similar of the same vein and Jace had cherished the wildness that they shared. It was so often not possible to find this far south, even her own children were less of the old creatures of ice and snow and nature.

So Jace repaid the snowy woman by caring for her left behind children. Two small heads that sought out nourishment and who's tiny clawed paws dug at her swollen breasts. Overwhelmed with the hormones that came with motherhood, and safe in her silent dark den the woman could cry, quiet strangled whines that were filled with pain for dead children for a lost mother for all of the hurts she had endured over the years and even still for a sister she had been forced to kill and a family that was lost to the aurora.

Shoot to thrill, play to kill
I got my bow at the ready
Gonna fire at will

Template by Kitty, edits by Nuki, photomanip by Naaaat.

Last edited by Jace Wolfe on Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jace Wolfe

Casa di Cavalieri
Honored Elder
Jace
Luperci Mate to Temo Guardsman, Hunter The Brotherhood: Master of Ranged Weapons 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 SoSuWriMo Champion! SteelHeart
Northern Ice Queen
Yakuso, Praeas, Guardian

POSTED: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Lupus (+521)

Link is for my reference.

It had taken a lot of courage on the Sworn’s part to finally act. In the first few days following her mother’s death, Teagan had been consumed by a terrible mix of emotions; predominantly, anger. She’d done what she could to remain busy and away from her packmates, wanting to maintain face as the stoic, strong warrior that she was often seen as. While Lyris’ passing was tragic, the world didn’t stop turning. Things still needed to be done, taken care of, seen to. She had had her night to mourn, she’d told herself, it was time to begin moving on.

She’d told Mako to take on Minerva’s training for the day to keep him busy and from following her. Where she was going, the Stryder doubted he would be wanted. And, if she was honest with herself, she wasn’t sure if she would be wanted either. Still, Teagan sought to try. They were her siblings, and she had promised her mother’s spirit that she would see to it that they did not squander her sacrifice. The first step was actually meeting them though.

Teagan had hunted with Mako earlier that morning in preparation for the visit, and, with the help of Isaac, prepared a bag of venison and rabbit to bring with her. It must have been an odd sight, seeing the proud warrior princess in her Lupus form carrying a heavy doggy bag in her jaws. Her tail raised high in dominance and her canary eyes steeled, Teagan paced beyond the Fort’s walls and into the nearby wood.

The trek wasn’t a long one, the Wolfe’s campsite being relatively close to the Fort to begin with. As well, it wasn’t hard to find with the unique structures that were erected in the area. The family’s scent wafted in her nostrils only further confirmed that she had come to the right place. Her canary eyes shifted around, wondering where Jace might be amongst the three hide-covered buildings.

From around one of the homes, the white-furred figured of Honrin appeared. Teagan gently deposited her bag before her and offered the older male a polite nod. Her family was in debt to his for weaning the newborns, so, the warrior princess would give them the respect they deserved. “I’m looking for Jace, is she around?”

He thumbed to the largest of the three structures, and Teagan gave him a quick nod and ‘thank you’ to show her gratitude.

Picking up her bag, she crossed over to the building, nosing the hide flap open so she could poke her head in. Putting the bag on the ground a second time, she called out softly into the dark home, “Jace? It’s Teagan…may I come in?”

If the Wolfe matriarch would not have visitors, Teagan would not force her to endure her presence. While her siblings may have carried her blood, Jace still had pups of her own that could have driven her protective instinct to only let her mate and son come close to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:36 pm

Jace Wolfe
Word Count ♞ 342 :: So sorry for the incredible wait on this reply!

Distress was an emotion that the arctic warrior was well associated with and mourning even more so, with every year that passed her on by there were so many lives taken from her that sometimes it felt as though she had no strength to go on. Jace was not disposed to self-pity and very rarely let herself languish too deeply into the well of emotions, afraid she would never resurface if she allowed it to drown her.

Jaces mournful noises stopped abruptly as outside her Wetu the sounds of scuffling feet had her tattered ears pricking and a voice pierced the quiet silence of a grieving mother. Teagan's soft voice, Jace finally realized and her instincts warred inside. The two young ones were Teagan's siblings and she had a right to see them but her own, Nayavota was so tiny even next to the newborns that she was older than by several days, Naya was sickly and ill, deformed and broken - so very broken.

She fought with herself and the silence stretched on for long moments until Teagan was probably curios if Jace was ever going to answer. Finally answered Teagan's question in a croaky, tired voice,

Come in, Teagan.

At a glance, Jace was incredibly thin and unhealthy looking with raggedy, listless fur that was threadbare in places and her ribs stretching the skin taut. Normally gleaming eyes were dull and lifeless and so very tired. The woman didn't even bother raising her head from her paws to greet Teagan properly. The only true life in the Wetu was the two tiny children that searched around with their blunt snounts, and a third, smaller child that lay still against her mother's stomach.

The 'Blanket Fort' as Temo had dubbed it was a small 'building' of boxes and other things stacked high and covered in hides and skins both worked and unworked, creating a short hump. A shallow depression was dug underneath this artificial ceiling and lined with hay and hair that she had pulled from her own body in frenzied preparations.

Shoot to thrill, play to kill
I got my bow at the ready
Gonna fire at will

Template by Kitty, edits by Nuki, photomanip by Naaaat.

Jace Wolfe

Casa di Cavalieri
Honored Elder
Jace
Luperci Mate to Temo Guardsman, Hunter The Brotherhood: Master of Ranged Weapons 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 SoSuWriMo Champion! SteelHeart
Northern Ice Queen
Yakuso, Praeas, Guardian

POSTED: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:33 am

(+413)

Teagan doesn’t know that Jace only has one surviving puppy? Wasn’t sure how quickly the Wolfe family let that piece of information known? x3

Her mismatched ears flickered at the vulnerable sounds she swore she had heard from within the hide-covered residence. She couldn’t be sure if the sounds had been her imagination or not though, as they had stopped almost immediately upon her poking her head into the dark structure. Silence greeted her for a time, and Teagan was torn between lingering a moment longer or leaving. Perhaps Jace was sleeping, and, the aged mother deserved all the sleep she could get with newborns to tend to. Or, maybe she simply didn’t want to be disturbed. Either way, Teagan would not intrude.

Just as she had been about to turn away though, she caught the strained voice of the seasoned warrior beckon her to enter. Jace? Had that really been her? But…she had sounded so weak…so tired…so… Teagan swallowed, not yet wanting to entertain the thought of someone ill, not when her own mother’s death had happened so soon.

She picked up the meat-filled bag, bringing it with her as she slowly navigated the dark, unfamiliar home. When she found Jace, she placed her gift down so it was obvious that it was meant for the milk mother of her siblings. Tentatively, Teagan reached out with her nose to touch it to the tattered-eared woman’s head. It was an action that the stoic Stryder was not used to doing, as it dived into a more feral and emotion-driven part of her. Still, she made the effort, a sign of respect for the older woman as well as an attempt at comfort.

“I brought some fresh food,” she began, “I had Isaac help prepare it especially for you so you can keep your strength up.” Canary eyes lingered on Jace alone. It was hard, as, the warrior princess was curious to see her siblings for the first time, the little beings that her mother had sacrificed her own life to bring into the world.

She dared not look without Jace’s go ahead though, not wanting to seem eager, as well, not wanting to be rude to the woman who had so graciously taken the two pups in after Lyris’ passing. Not to mention, there was more to the brood than just Teagan’s siblings too. Jace had had her own pups, after all, and, perhaps, she was not ready for others outside her blood kin to gaze upon them yet.

“How are you holding up?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics