So this is weird

Signature issue?

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:59 am

So this is strange, for some reason my Signature and current table don't like each other. My signature appears when I'm posting without code/table and yet hides away when I am. Anyone know the reason?
Gilmore Whiteheart

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:00 am

And now it's hiding without the table? And yet sometimes it appears? Is it just being temperamental? Am I going mad?
Gilmore Whiteheart

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Is there an example of this happening somewhere? I checked a couple of your threads and everything seems to be working as it should.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Lorraine
Luperci Milite The Stag is Reborn
brontide
bad blood
archimedes' lever

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:37 pm

I wanna say that maybe you're missing a </div> (or a few) somewhere.... but like Lorraine said, I can't seem to find where the problematic tables you're referring to are :o

Is your computer slow by any chance? Maybe it's simply not loading onto the screen.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=36292

Part of it may be down to slow laptop. I’m using my mobile now and the signature is working more often. But in certain threads (like linked one above) I can’t seem to see it.
Gilmore Whiteheart

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:29 pm

Like Sammiie, I initially thought this was a problem relating to extra or missing <div> or </div> tags... but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oddly enough, when I put your entire signature into my profile, the same problem you're encountering happens on occasion. I'll have to look into it further.
Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Lorraine
Luperci Milite The Stag is Reborn
brontide
bad blood
archimedes' lever

POSTED: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 pm

You need to update the CSS import link. :)

Replace this:
Code: Select all
<style> @import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/icons/signature-icons.css'); </style>

With this:
<style>@import url('/images/icons/postsig/signature-icons.css');</style>

The old link no longer works. The reason that the icons load in some threads and not others is because others have the correct import link in their signature, so your signature is importing the icon CSS from their signatures. :)
their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Ah ha! That's done it! Thanks Raze, Lorraine and Sammie, glad to know it was just coding and nothing crazy weird :D <3
Gilmore Whiteheart

POSTED: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey Jazzy! I also noticed that you seem to be missing the disability icon! Here's the code for it!
#signature-icons a.permanent-disability { background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/XVMFfdB.png'); }

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the
fire

POSTED: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:16 am

Thank you Silver! Although adding it still seems to turn it invisible. The Disability icon is there, but just not seen?

Edit: or at least not seen in some posts, example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36098
Gilmore Whiteheart

Art Help and Discussion