[M] i am the quiet theories in your head

POSTED: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:27 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Dove had been tending to the horses when the mercenaries’ leader came to the stables and retrieved a large black stallion from. They connected eyes—and she visibly winced at sight of his burns and hairlessness—but then the man nodded his head, took his horse and was on his way.

She followed him out. “Why are you doing this?”

Adjusting the stallion’s saddle, the burned man paused and looked at her. “This is my horse, Gosgka.”

“No. Helping that little witch take over the pack.”

He sighed. “I’ll tell you what I told the rest of the old King’s family. She’s a little intense, she’s not that graceful, but she has some good ideas.”

“Good ideas?” Dove bawked. Behind her, Gossamer peeked out from the doorway of the stable. “She cut off the leader’s hand and kidnapped some children, right? You think that’s a good idea? Everyone’s furious and hurt and she’s saying this is all for the good of the pack, and you think this is all still a good idea?”

“It’s not how I would have done it, no.” Patient, he tightened a strap. “What’s your name?”

“Dove.”

“Chaska. Look, Dove. We all got our reasons. I can’t speak for Mistral’s, and I won’t speak for the others she brought along with me.” He tucked away a tightened strap, then turned his gruesome face to look seriously at her. She winced. “The best chance some of my people have for a good life is here, with Mistral. If one of you gets in the way of that, you answer to me. Not her.”

Following a moment's glowering, he swept up into the stallion’s saddle, kicked and started away at a walk.

The Reverie jogged after him. “So you want sympathy? Did you ever consider maybe your people had other options than to usurp a home?”

“Oh, fuck off, come on.”

“No,” she cried, pacing fast at the horse’s side. A four-legged and unfortunate afterthought, Gossamer jogged along behind her. ”Slow down, I want to talk to you!”

He did not look at her, his face a storm of anger and torment. But neither did he speed up his horse, or turn away his perked ears. It was almost as if he was waiting to be chastised.

When she realized this, Dove slowed to a halt and watched him go.

Mature for language.

all the colors mix together to gray
Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:04 am

(338) lol so I hope this is ok xD I couldn't think of how else she'd stop his horse

It wasn’t uncommon to pass through the territory and hear people bickering amongst themselves – or amongst the mercenaries that made themselves quite at home in their little pack. Ramona wasn’t far off when she had heard Dove, the white coyote, shouting at that man with the burned face. Patient and fair as the man was, he was still on the wrong side.

She had been standing out in the yard – watching the man mount his horse and leave, coming right for her now – cleaning off the dirt from one of the saddles silently. She aimed to make as little noise, to not draw attention to herself, but at the same time, she wasn’t really hiding that she was listening. So, if Dove or Gossamer spotted her, there was no pretending that she wasn’t concerned.

Ramona dropped the saddle back into the dirt and slush and rushed out towards the horse. The saddle was never really that important anyway. ”HEY, she’s talking to you!” she yelled, running right in front of the black stallion, making a snarl-bark-howl (a real funny noise) as she threw her hands out like the wingspan of a bird with every intention to spook the animal, to make it buck its rider off.

Well, the horse spooked, but Ramona didn’t see what happened next because she ducked, throwing her hands over her head to protect herself from any potential flailing horse hooves. One of those to the face was no joke. She ducked and scrambled, moving out of the way of her little plan, crawling to the other side of the path now.

When she regained herself, she popped back up and continued on scolding the soldier, ”You give us respect when we talk to you! We’re not your little fucking sheep to just push around.” She's be damn ready to show him that, too, if he wanted to tango. Turning from the man momentarily, she met eyes with both Dove and Gossamer, gauging their reactions to the situation. Everyone was equally pissed, she'd imagine.

Sammiie

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:33 pm

Distracted by the presence of the mercenaries’ leader, Dove had forgotten about the other woman in the stables until she made herself known as Chaska departed them. She ran flailing and shouting at the horse—startling Dove, who couldn’t blame the poor steed for its ignorant owner’s actions—until it spooked and stomped and circled around. Simultaneous with a terrible glare at the young woman, Chaska coaxed his horse with a great tenderness and a gentle hand.

“Who's pushing who?” he snapped, pulling high the reins to turn his steed back into place. “You aren’t sheep? Fine. Prove it! Do something!”

“Do something?” balked Dove.

“Talk to the queen. Work together. I don’t care! If you want respect, you have to fucking earn it! That means you, that means my people, and that means Mistral. I’m doing the best I can with my family. She isn’t one of them.”

The Reverie glanced puzzled at Ramona and Gossamer between them. “You don’t really like her, do you?”

He stared. “If I have to choose between her bitching and you people attacking me and my family, I’ll take the former.”

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:10 am

(000) ooc text here

The man hadn’t fallen like Ramona wanted him to, but she supposed the horse’s temporary distress was good enough. The black steed circled around, horse and rider passing quite close to her on the sidelines. Chaska’s words echoed out, ricocheting off the structures in their immediate vicinity. He ordered them to do something, and Ramona stepped over a snow drift and began stomping her way towards him, but Dove’s question made her stop in her tracks.

”Prove it?” Ramona questioned after. ”Well, hey. Then maybe we can be a bit more civil here with each other, and talk in a constructive manner rather than cutting Dove off by speeding away on your horse. Answer her questions!” Ramona still didn’t like him, but even he just admitted that he wasn’t truly on Mistral’s side. He was just there for the glory and what was promised him after. And of course, bitching was better than being attacked, definitely.

Sammiie

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Chaska glared at Ramona, annoyed by her insistence. He was a grown man, more than twice their age likely combined. Though, he must have surmised, it seemed Chaska had made a terrible mistake supporting Mistral despite the age and wisdom he thought he had.

“Fine,” he snapped at Ramona, and pulled the reins to his steed for pause. “But I have places to be. You should know what the Queen is like when she’s pissed off and disappointed. What did you ask me?”

“I want to know why you thought usurpation was worth supporting.”

Chaska leaned on the saddle. “Give me a break. It sounds like weren’t told the whole story. Mistral said she needed to win back her family’s kingdom by force from a tyrant, and that most of the Court were manipulated until they were pacified by his rule.”

That sounded like Mistral, and she probably believed it, too. “But she’s insane. A year ago she killed my sister.”

“Well, I’m sorry to hear that. Wish I’d known it when she met with us.” He shifted, uncomfortable.

“Yeah, well. What about your family?” Her hands fisted. “They’re in danger here. If you care about them so much, you’ll get them away from Mistral. The people here aren’t heartless. They might take you in if you help us.” She glanced to Ramona for a second opinion.

“Let me worry about that.” Chaska flapped the reins. “I need to move. Take care of yourselves, girls. Don’t go barking at the Queen the way you did me.”

Dove let him go, and signaled for Ramona to do the same. “I hate that guy,” she said in his wake, resenting all he represented. “But I feel bad for him, too. Thanks for your help. I’m going to find someone to tell all this. You coming?”

Close up here?

Cour des Miracles
DEAD
Lin
Luperci Chaos Star
smoke and mirrors
BAPTISM BY FIRE

POSTED: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:51 am

(000) thanks for the thread! <3

Ramona didn’t like Chaska. She didn’t trust him, no matter how true his words sounded. He spoke in a gruff, yet civil tone after her demands - as he should have - and spilled some information that he seemed to truly believe about Mistral. He was led astray, like many of her other faithful followers. Now, they stood around waiting for the grand finale. To stay or to go? Apparently, Chaska’s decision was to stay until proven otherwise.

Ramona blinked, looking sidelong at Dove when she mentioned that Mistral had killed her sister. So, they had history? Ramona hadn’t known Mistral. She’d heard that she was a member before, but before her recent return, she knew nothing about the woman. Other than she was a selfish bitch who ruined lives to get what she wanted, apparently.

Chaska adjusted himself in his saddle and gathered up his reigns. Ramona made a sound similar to pffft as he suggested that they not bark at the Queen. I’ll damn well do as I please, she thought, but didn’t say. She started towards him, but Dove held out her arm. Ramona regarded her with a hard look. She was right, though. What was Ramona really going to do at that point?

”No,” Ramona answered angrily – not at Dove, but at the situation. She agreed, but no, she wouldn’t go. ”You go ahead. Good luck.”

Sammiie

Dead Topics