Remember Me?

Hartt

POSTED: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 pm

The soldier was on the move, again.

This wound wasn't going to keep him down for long; As usual, not much often did. This afternoon he was armored, encased, in the black and mahogany leather binds that still retained the scars whittled into it by the battle that had waged in the tunnel. Wrists were wrapped tight in the gauntlets, that were already a challenge to get on his arms without his missing eyesight. That had certainly been a chore before he headed out, and his frustrations with it seemed to have faded. The cloth that hung over the center of his paints was tattered, and needed replacing, but he wasn't interested in how kempt his suit looked. The black pants that donned his legs were caked to his knees in snow, from plodding through the larger drifts that made up the expanse between Sapient and Amherst. There wasn't a way for him to look presentable, anyways. He had a hole in his face.

The sleeping canopy above carried the call of a couple of lonesome crows, Shaamah's nose unevenly wrinkling at the cacophony that the birds caused. A malevolent glare was given their way, but his piercing gaze caught something else much more intriguing. A large something was moving through the snow further down the hill than he, and definitely worth investigation after the previous events that transpired. Large, dark foot-paws changed course and brought a hard right angle to Shaamah's path left in the icy cover.

As the distance between he and this something narrowed, the grand form split into different figures. Horses. Many of them. The animal's looked packed to the brim with goods on their back's, and a figure balanced steadily along with them. Thick arms crossed over his broad chest, the leather groaning with the stretch of his muscle beneath it against the cold. It seemed the party was headed this way, and he'd do his very best to be in their path.

With his vision still slightly tainted by the damage he'd taken, his blue eye narrowed. He couldn't quite make out the figure that traveled with the horses, and the color of the stranger didn't seem much to matter as clothing was likely covering them. No one traveled bare in the snow anymore. Sapient omitted for obvious reasons, it seemed much more of a faux pas to rely on your birth given rites as protection from the elements. Granted, travel became a lot easier for thin haired dogs and the Mexican wolves that traveled north from their natural environment. Relenting in his hard glare, he lingered in the snow, deciding that it would do him more good to wait until this stranger neared to gather any information about them. It was futile to attempt while he wasn't able to discern through fuzzy vision.

Sapient
Opus Faber
Dark
Luperci Mercenary (Apprentice) Combatology

POSTED: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:45 am

I only want your hand to hold

The trip back home was taking much longer than the white woman would have liked, but with how many others she had with her and how much stuff they were bringing back with them, that was probably to be expected. Hartt just wanted to get back to Night, feeling absolutely horrible that she had been left alone while she had been in the hands of another. Hopefully Dusk and Darkness were at least back by now so she wouldn’t have had to be completely alone.

Hartt had to keep stopping every so often to get the six month old pups to stop messing around inside the wagon. They were bound to hurt themselves or break something if they kept at it. She had been checking on the now sleeping pups when a scent filled her nostrils. It seemed familiar, but she couldn’t really place it, not immediately. No matter if it was friend or foe ahead, it would have been best for her to be up front. As she moved to the head of their little caravan, she motioned for Dawn to stick close to the wagon. While the girl was obviously older than the pups, she had always been much more submissive, but even more so after their ordeal with the slavers, so it would be best to keep her closer to a protected area.

Blue orbs scanned her surroundings, searching for this individual. As she grew closer and closer to the source of the scent though, she slowly began to recognize it until it finally clicked. Shaamah? She couldn’t be entirely sure, but it seemed right.

ooc | [wc —326] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade
Luperci Mate to Darkness

POSTED: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:27 am

He couldn't completely make out what was happening, but it looked like the cart had stopped moving and the driver was doing something. It was when the driver walked away from the cart, seemingly searching for something, that Shaamah thought it better to make himself known. The large soldier moved from his spot and trekked the small journey down to the area in which the driver searched, rather than near the cart. He came into her view just as she had uttered his name, and he stopped in his tracks.

“I am,” He replied, digging through encounters in his past to recall her face. The blue eyes and the scars on her right cheek aided in the recollection. This was the mother he had fought alongside,” Hartt.” His formal tune wasn't as cheery as most might be at the meeting of an old ally,” It has been some time since we've met,” Shaamah noted and glanced over her shoulder to her cart. He could see much more easily now without the distance between them. The sight of her daughter was taken in for just a moment before he returned to her.

“You are traveling heavy,” He mentioned. She might get the idea that her full cart could lead to a few interested rouges, but she looked armed to the gills and he knew she was more than able to defend herself. Other than that, there was much more for the soldier to say to her. He stood by, curious to see exactly how it happened that she might cross his path again or why it was she was traveling with so much in tow. He didn't take her for a woman so unwise as to not have a major purpose behind this.

Sapient
Opus Faber
Dark

POSTED: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 am

I only want your hand to hold

The white mother had been set on her mission, aiming the broken family for home. She didn’t want any obstacles delaying her return, not when her family needed her. If Darkness had made it back to Casa, he needed her there with him, and if he wasn’t, well, then that meant Night was all alone. That possibility didn’t sit well with the woman.

As she checked on the pups, that scent reached her and, though it took some time, she did recognize the scent. The moment his name left her lips, he slipped into view as he spoke her own name, mentioning how long it had been since they had last seen each other. Hartt nodded, a faint smile on her face as she approached him. It’s been a while, but you’re normally not down this far. Blue orbs caught him glancing behind her, back to the wagon and in the direction of her pups. He commented on her having quite a bit with her and that small smile turned into a smirk as she looked up at him. Just a few gifts I received from those who held me against my will. They spoke of selling my pups, so I took everything they had. While she didn’t outright say it, that look in her eyes spoke of how she took life wherever it was needed.

Hartt was never the type to be against killing where it was needed. Needlessly killing another was a completely different issue though. The men who held her and her family, they did not need their lives if they were so willing to use the lives of others in such a way. Despite what those men thought, she and her offspring did not belong to them and she would ensure they never would. She cocked her head to the side, motioning for him to follow her as she headed back to the wagon. So Shaa, what brings you down this way? The pair of pups stirred as she collected a few things out of the back. Turning back to her temporary companion, she handed him a decent sized bag of dried meat. For your trip back home, and you are free to take whatever you like from my collection. The white fae shifted to the side, allowing him to see inside.

ooc | [wc —326] template by hilli
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade
Luperci Mate to Darkness

POSTED: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:46 pm

Her tune was welcoming and it seemed her own respects for the soldier remained despite the time it had been between their last meeting. To her comment of his distance from his normal routes, Shaamah dipped his maw in acknowledgment,” I have been traveling to Amherst more often, it seems,” He informed her.

Hartt seemed rather amused at the mention of her haul and her disposition seemed to shift a bit into something of a more hidden malice. A small mention of how she came to attain these items came to be enough for Shaamah to understand what had happened. How fiercely she had defended her young before, and the slaver incident that Sapient had just survived still fresh in his recollection, it came as no surprise as to how the mother had dealt with it. He would have done the same, for obvious and less noble reasons,” A risk they must have known,” He gave her his respect. The look in her eye spoke a similar language as the warrior, willing to kill and unashamed. Though, she did seem to toy with the idea a bit. It was something that set them apart.

Her gesture was taken and the large soldier followed in her requested direction, his wide gait in a slow pace to match her own speed,” There is a bar in Amherst gaining a great deal of attention. I go there to seek information. Blood of my past has brought ruin to my name in Nova Scotia. I'm waiting for word of a man named Ohja,” He unveiled more to Hartt than he would have at Biff's Bar, specifically because it was his own business, not the business of Sapient. If he was going to find that cur, he needed to get the word out, at least.

As they reached the cart, she planted a bag of meats in his hand, he noted the small bodies and their scents, but paid them little mind. He wasn't the type to coo over children, and often found himself hating his own,” What is the occasion?” He questioned after Hartt had offered anything he wanted from her cart to him. A small blade caught his eye. The hilt was worn, but the metal could be salvaged. If he could get Leonardo to plant that on his Tekko then he'd have a truly formidable, close-range weapon.

Sapient
Opus Faber
Dark

POSTED: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:33 pm

It struck the white woman as odd that Shaamah would be traveling to Amherst often, unsure why he would need to make the trip down there so often. He certainly didn't seem the type to have a lady friend there he visited, but it truly wasn't her business why he was traveling there, if he wanted to tell her the reason, that was his own choice. She wasn't going to be the one to push him to talk and simply nodded her head in understanding.

The conversation quickly turned to her spoils and it was revealed what had been done. Shaa spoke of how the slavers should have known they risked death. They made the mistake of underestimating me. Seems they didn't think I was a risk. They were all proven wrong and would never have the chance to make that mistake again. She had stolen their last breath from them as well as their belongings. In her mind, it was a fair trade for stealing her from her home and family, imprisoning her children, and attempting to sell them off like simple possessions. Their lives were hers to take from the moment they spirited her away from Casa.

As the pair headed back to the wagon, her companion spoke of his reason for visiting Amherst. Apparently, there was a bar he would frequent there where he would try to gain information on a man named Ohja. The white fae looked back at the male. I don't believe I have encountered anyone by that name. What does he look like? I could poke around if you'd like, or if there's any way I could help? She would not be against helping Shaa take down someone from his past if that's what he wanted. The white fae had shed plenty of blood, one more would not make any difference to her.

It was clear Shaamah was more or less ignoring the children in the cart, not that she minded. Her kids were safe and that was all that mattered. She wasn't going to be offended by any means that he wasn't gushing over her pups. Males often weren't like that, especially when it came to pups that weren't their own. He looked around the cart though, his eyes seeming to settle on something inside as he questioned her reason behind the offer. No occasion. I certainly don't need all of this, so if there's something you want, feel free to take it. Most of this will just be going to my pack mates anyway so it's not like they will miss what they didn't know I had.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade
Luperci Mate to Darkness

POSTED: Wed May 02, 2018 3:43 am

“Foolish,” He deemed the slavers that had found their folly at the end of her blades. A cornered mother was a threat not worth taking, especially one of her skill. They made way to her wagon, she addressed his search for the spiritually insane Ohja. She asked of a description, to which Shaamah was more than willing to supply,” A grey wolf, tall as I am, though lighter and leaner. His hair is long, and he would seem more normal to those less suspicious of his causes. He is consumed by religion,” Which one? Hard to say. Shaamah didn't exactly have a heart to heart talk with the guy, but that unhinged look in his eye when he said the gods spoke to him let Shaamah know all he needed to about where his mind was,” I only need to find him,” His voice held a grave tone to it, and surely Hartt would know that this Ohja was meant to be killed.

“Well said,” Shaamah returned to her explanation and he reached into the cart, his fingertips touching the metal of the dagger first before lifting it from it's bed of other weaponry. A gift was that, but the soldier wasn't in need of something grade. It was often smaller things that made his life easier, unlike full grown wolf cubs that needed to learn their place,” I will take this,” It was well worn by salvageable, and he had a good plan in mind for it,” How long have you been traveling out?” There was a chance that she was well worn from her fight and journey, and that she might not want to leave the younger ones at risk. Shaamah, himself, was able and willing to catch something that could fill their stomachs for now,” I can return this favor for one of my own, a fresh kill for your family, if you are in need.”

Sapient
Opus Faber
Dark

POSTED: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Hartt listened carefully as her companion gave a description of the man he was searching for, though, unfortunately she had not come accross any such person. Still, she would offer her help, whatever he may need. I can’t say I’ve seen anyone matching that description, but I will keep an eye out. Hopefully she would be able to be of some sort of assistance to Shaamah. The pair made their way to the back of the wagon, where the white fae offered to let him take whatever he may want. Apparently he settled on a dagger. It was of decent quality and while she did have nicer weapons, she would not question his choice.

When asked how long the family had been traveling, the white woman honestly had to ponder the answer to such a question. I’m not sure at this point, month maybe? His own offer was a bit of a surprise to the woman and a smirk tugged at one corner of her lips as she looked up at him. I’ve still been able to get a fresh kill on my own fairly often. Dawn is capable of watching the little ones while I hunt. The white mother nodded to her middle child who dismounted her own steed and gathered the horses together as Hartt began to strip away her own clothes, removing them along with her weapons and storing them in the back of the wagon. Blue hues looked up at the larger male as she shifted down to her hulking secui form. Well? You’re joining me on this hunt right? Might as well share the kill.
Casa di Cavalieri
First Cadet
Shade
Luperci Mate to Darkness

Seabreeze Brink