Re: Our kingdom can see its end

Elphaba

POSTED: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 pm

Coaxoch Ulrich

The deafening silence is my crown

OOC LATE AS ALWAYS 580

Coaxoch did not actively seek her approval like a dog to it's human, but part of him was curious to know if she had been at least remotely surprised about his independence from his family. Her face did not tell him much, only peering back at him with those bright, bloody eyes that shown like rubies against a face that had been as pale as his own. Sometimes, this marking upon her face had reminded him of his family, of himself, his father and Dirge, for they all had these pale masks that were almost untouched by other colors. These pale colors also mostly surrounded their eyes and maw, much like Elphaba's own. It was strange, to think that these markings were common enough to be found in bloodlines that were largely unrelated. Coaxoch did not know of how new the House of Revlis was, nor did he know that he and Elphaba would be distant cousins of sorts, should the Lykoi name had been kept by Lokr's father.

When her ears perked at his mention of potions, he too flicked his ears and took a deep breath as if he had been holding it for so long. She asked what kind of potions he was brewing in the depths of the Blackwoods, and he looked at her with a proud smile passing his maw. "So far I have been infusing some wines with hallucinogenic mushrooms. I finally found a brew that didn't taste like cat poop so since I finished that, I have been working on some poisonous potions...." he told her, knowing that it would still be interesting for her, for her kind loved to poison their enemies, and if there was anything that was valuable, it would be a poison that acted under the guise of a sweet and tasty wine, able to choke it's victims within minutes of ingestion. "I don't like testing it on canines, because a lot of the poisons would result in death, so I use rats and raccoons mostly. " he told her as a tidbit, a cover up to show that he was uninterested in poisoning any of The Family. "Anyway, I was hoping that my brews would help to help the coven someday, maybe it could be something like Loki's brews, though..maybe a bit tastier on that part." he spoke with a laugh as he mentioned the Crone's earthy brews. Coax had tried it once or twice, and this had been what had inspired him to start making potions and brews.

"I would have brought some of the wine with me if I thought you would have liked it. I did not see you try it at the Last Supper prior, so I was unsure if you liked it or not. " he told her, motioning at her gifts that he brought to her. He nodded to the boar leg though, and smiled still. "I hope you enjoy the meat though. Boar is pretty tough to take down with one arm." he spoke, chuckling softly at his mention of it being hard to get his 'hands' on a boar. He'd been pretty lucky with that one, this was certain. He'd been more accustomed to hunting raccoons and smaller animals that bigger ones often gave him trouble, but he had been proud to be able to be blessed by the Red God enough to get a lovely gift for his lovely Heirophant.

When will they find out

That at some point there is no return?

Table by Silverfrost | image by Subdivisions@FA | Edits done by Jmonster

COAXOCH ULRICH
Voyage o'er the mountains and wastelands, Far beyond the sea lies fortune,
No regrets, just live for the fight, Renounce your precious lives and ride.

Avvie by Kiri; signature image by Nuzze@FA. Click banner to request threads!
Salsola
The Confidant
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

With a curious head tilt, she listened as the young man detailed his potion-making endeavors to her - They were lengthy and profound, suggesting that he'd set himself to the task quite some time ago. This pleased Elphaba. Any individual who was willing to take the risk of experimenting with illicit and volatile substances was only as worthy as their patience, their careful practitioning. One foul step and a poison-maker would be as like to drink their own medicine, something that rarely ended well.

Even so, there was a small part of her that grew reserved at the thought of Coaxoch making wine into poison; After all, he'd brought two bottles of concoction to the previous Supper. Now that she had more information, this seemed rather ominous.

Her pupils narrowed ever so slightly as she watched the young man from beneath a curtain of sharp bangs and dark lashes.

"The Crone has a knack for making palatable potions," She agreed, thinking deeply on this, "Though his brews are for elevation of the soul, translucency of the spirit; For walking in a different realm. Not for death." The mushrooms that grew on Salsola's Isle were cultured for this purpose; In ritual and in sacrifice, they took the mind to another place. She wanted to know how he'd purified the substance so much that it made the separation of soul from body permanent, but did not ask.

Leaning forward, she reached out imperiously to tuck a wayward strand of blonde hair out of the bright blue of his eyes. Her touch, as with all things about Elphaba, was undeniably possessive.

Reclining back, she hummed thoughtfully. "I can only imagine - but I've long been a believer that the mind is mightier than muscle alone. We work smarter, not harder; That is why we've survived two wars. You are cleverer than most, Coax, I know that; You should focus your mind on its strengths, rather than your body's weaknesses."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Hierophant
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

Salsola